The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave for WDW in the morning and will be checking in to a 3BR presidential on Sunday! I will post pics live from the resort. If anyone has any requests let me know!

:goodvibes

I don't have time to go over the 260+ pages, so can anyone give me a recommendation on who to book through? We will be arriving in Orlando Dec 2/12 and leaving early AM of Dec 8/12 to head to Miami for our 8 day cruise. So far Bonnet Creek is quite appealing as it is onsite with shuttle and great amenities for kids. There will be 7 of us going (5 adults, 2 kids) so either a 2 or 3 bdrm suite is ideal.

Also, how often do the shuttles run to the parks? Are they limiting? I notice ppl on here talk about having their own vehicles, is it inconvenient to take the shuttle? How quick do you get from BC to the parks?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

I don't think that you'll have a difficult time getting a unit during that time in December. We rented through an owner that I found on Vacation Timeshare and Rentals. A lot of people on here use vacationupgrades.com for 5 adults & 2 kids I would suggest the 3 bedroom so no one has to sleep on the pull out sofa. We used a car, the shuttles have a decent schedule, but having a car and leaving the parks when you feel like it was really nice. I think the return shuttles run on the hour. Not sure if they stop at other parks though.

This is going to be our first trip to Disney and we will be staying at Bonnet Creek. We are Wyndham owners and we used our points for this trip. We will be checking in Next Monday. Thank you guys for all of your information. It has been so helpful to me.:lovestruc

This is going to be our first trip to Disney and we will be staying at Bonnet Creek. We are Wyndham owners and we used our points for this trip. We will be checking in Next Monday. Thank you guys for all of your information. It has been so helpful to me.:lovestruc

I thinkyou will love Bonnet Creek, it is a very nice resort. Have a great vacation, WDW is a fun place to visit.

Ok, please help..

I am trying, once again, to plan a trip. Sickness, surgery, being on medical leave and life itself has prevented us from making it to WDW so far. I am not even telling DH this time! lol But I would love to go the week after Thanksgiving.

If we rent thru vacationupgrades, do we have to have a credit card when we check-in @ Bonnet Creek for a security deposit? We do not have any credit cards. We paid them all off and cancelled them, thankfully before all this other stuff happened. I hate to take another one out just for vacation. We just use cash/checks/visa debit card for all our purchases.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

If we rent thru vacationupgrades, do we have to have a credit card when we check-in @ Bonnet Creek for a security deposit?
I think the only way to get an accurate answer is to call them yourself.

Call 407-238-3500, and you may have to ask for the Front Desk Manager to get an authoritative answer. The staff there is very helpful.

Ok, please help..
If we rent thru vacationupgrades, do we have to have a credit card when we check-in @ Bonnet Creek for a security deposit? Any help is greatly appreciated!

This isn't a Vacationupgrades policy. It is BC's policy. $200 hold on cc or a debit card. So you can use your debit card, but just remember they will have a hold on $200 of your checking account balance. Hold is released upon checkout. You could ask if they will take a cash deposit and refund upon checkout.

Many of the Wyndham resorts only require $100, but I guess at BC there are too many places to charge stuff to your room.

I've only checked in a few Wyndham Resorts where a deposit was not required.

Another reason to never cancel all cc. They are a very good thing when used responsibly. I do applaud you for no cc debt.

Thanks for the replies - I appreciate it. Canceling all of the cc was a major discussion for us, one that I was not entirely supportive of. But I have to say that when I was off on med leave we were so happy not to have the extra bills.

Ok, please help..

If we rent thru vacationupgrades, do we have to have a credit card when we check-in @ Bonnet Creek for a security deposit? We do not have any credit cards. We paid them all off and cancelled them, thankfully before all this other stuff happened. I hate to take another one out just for vacation. We just use cash/checks/visa debit card for all our purchases.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

No, you do not. We just got back from there and used our Visa Debit card. They will, however, take $100 out upon check-in (this applies to everyone) as a security deposit against damage and/or charges to your room. They redeposit it a day or so after check out.
Also, you can charge things to your room all over the resort (bar, restaurants, crafts & activities) and they will debit your account (or charge your credit card) at the end of each day. This makes it convenient as you don't have to carry cash around. Hope this trip works out for you!:)

I would call and ask what the policy is. Surely they've had guests who don't have credit cards, and this is probably a question that is very easily answered with a phone call.

We will be checking in tomorrow! I am really excited I found this thread and property. Will report back my thoughts when I get a chance.:yay:

just booked a 4 bedroom presidential for the last week in August from 5 star resorts! They were great to work with and I think we got a good deal ($1400 for 7 nights).

Plane tickets booked, hotel booked, now just have to buy park tickets (which FIL is military so we get a GREAT deal)! :banana::banana:

Anyone have room recommendations for the 4 bedroom presidential with fireworks views?

if your presidential is in tower 6, there are no fireworks views within this tower unless you can "convince" someone to let you in the Presidential Reserve Lounge on floor 17....

do not know about other towers/buildings with respect to fireworks views for 4 bedroom presidential, there might be some...

Just back from a wonderful 10 days! Loved WBC! We checked in on Thursday right at 4 PM. Check in was quick and the tower and view I requested was granted. Went over to the parking pass desk and dealt with them fairly quickly. I had warned DH about their tactics and told him no amount of $ or bribery would be worth it. They handed balloons to my children: strike one! We filled out their little form and I put my home number on it instead of cell. Also, put down what the government taxes us on, not what me make. Their current trick is to invite you to an breakfast to show how they appreciate you staying there. At no time did they tell you it would be a time share presentation. Come to our breakfast, find out more about our resort, ect then they offered a $100 gift card and a 3 night stay at any WVR. We told them any extra money we have goes to our girls' college funds. We did have 2 missed calls, both occurred while we were out at the parks.

We had a 2 bedroom deluxe. Wonderful amount of space. My girls loved that they had their own bedroom with 2 beds. Only a couple of small complaints. One, there is nowhere to store food that doesn't need to be refrigerated. I hate cluttered looking counters. The other is the water pressure in the shower. It took forever to wash out my shampoo and conditioner. The location of our room was excellent! We were in tower 5 with a fireworks view. I hate pool noise so seeing the parking deck if I looked down didn't bother me. Looking out my windows seeing Epcot was great! 2 firework shows a night, if we weren't at the parks, was such a treat!!

We rented a car so I can't speak about the bus service. I like being in charge of when I travel. The schedule we were given had them starting to run starting at 8 AM. One return around noon then a break until after 3:30 I think.

My girls loved the pool over at building 3 (I think). It had the big blue slide. They wouldn't let my 6 yr old go down the one at building 6 so they walked across the lake to swim there. Let's see, I thought the bedding was very comfortable. I like a soft bed, so if you are a fan of a firmer one you might not like it. Bedding is always subjective. The tap water was HORRIBLE. My husband that always thinks bottled water is a waste of money even thought so and bought bottled for this stay.

We had a great time and would stay there again in a heartbeat!!

Just back from a wonderful 10 days! Loved WBC! We checked in on Thursday right at 4 PM. Check in was quick and the tower and view I requested was granted.

Ooooh. Sounds great ! This is the view I am requesting- any chance you could post a pic or two ??? :worship:So glad you loved it.:love:

... The location of our room was excellent! We were in tower 5 with a fireworks view. I hate pool noise so seeing the parking deck if I looked down didn't bother me. Looking out my windows seeing Epcot was great! 2 firework shows a night, if we weren't at the parks, was such a treat!!

What floor and room number did you stay in at Tower 5? This is what I will request for our November trip.

We were in this tower last year on our first trip to WBC and liked the proximitiy to the lazy river. But we were meeting 2 groups of friends and needed to request rooms close to each other, so did not worry about the view as much.

Also, the cabinet space....what we did was rearrange some of the dishes or pans to make some room for food in the cabinet.

Ooooh. Sounds great ! This is the view I am requesting- any chance you could post a pic or two ??? :worship:So glad you loved it.:love:

We were in 1581. Here's a view from the balcony.

ETA....we were in 1486 not 1581. I blame Disney hangover and my online graduate class having 2 papers due. Ever try to write papers and spend 9 days at Disney? Don't try it. LOL

IMG_0044.jpg

I am a DVC owner, my in-laws own a bunch of Wyndham points and can't travel as much any more. They've offered to let us use some of their points so we by golly are taking them up on it. I have only been home for a week from our Beach Club Villa stay and just booked a 1 BDR at Bonnet Creek for four nights! We plan to check in the Monday after Thanksgiving. We chose that day instead of Sunday since we will be driving just so that we wouldn't be in the holiday traffic!

Checked in today...it was an absolute breeze. Did not even begin to ask about time share presentations. This place is beautiful!!!!! I am in tower 5, 11th floor, overlooking the pools. I cannot believe how little I paid for this awesome place! Our room is refurbished, clean, and has a great view. Will post as the week goes on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter