The "Waiting for ROFR" support group thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're heading to BWV May 5th through the 8th for an adults only getaway.

Ed, you're a smart man, buying the 150 points off the bat. I put in an offer on 100, did the math, and have to add on immediately. ( Of course, I added trips that I all the sudden "needed" to do )

We're heading to BWV May 5th through the 8th for an adults only getaway.

Ed, you're a smart man, buying the 150 points off the bat. I put in an offer on 100, did the math, and have to add on immediately. ( Of course, I added trips that I all the sudden "needed" to do )
Adults only getaway, sounds like fun, I don't think my kids would go for my wife and I heading for Disney while they hang out with Grandma... someday.

Tammy, it may sound like it's a better idea but I haven't even got the 150 yet and I'm checking out adding on. Like you, all of a sudden I need more if I'm going to somehow survive in WDW! Two months ago CBR was just fine, now I couldn't possibly get buy unless I have a full kitchen. I don't understand, 150 was fine when I started this process but now I figure 225 I will be fine, ya right.

Well, when I first told DH I was buying DVC, I only planned on buying 50 points. Wanted them for the first part of December at BWV. Well, DH said, that we really should consider 100 points as we take other trips down here and there.

OK, so I bought 100. NOW I'm planning my Dec trip, a girls only trip, a kids early June trip. I'd like to occasionally use HH as it's only an 1.5 hour drive. AND if we don't do a lot of Disney in a particular year we can use our points to go to say...Grand Cayman and stay at the Reef and dive for a week.

Who knows what the "right" number will end up being.

We made it through!!!!! I'm sooooo excited!!!!!

:dance3: :woohoo: :banana: :yay: :cool1: :cheer2: :dancer: party:

But get this!!! I didn't find out from TTS. I found out from Nancy who is handling our closing. She called this morning to let me know that she received all the documents that we sent her yesterday. She was going through things and mentioned that Disney waived on the FIRST! I immediately stopped her and asked her to repeat that. She said, "You didn't know?". I told her NO!!!!! I told her that we've been driving ourselves crazy waiting to find out! She said that she received the info that it passed on Friday and that she was just waiting on one more thing from Disney. I told her that she made my day!!!!!!

I'm still in shock!!! I can't believe that we are actually going to be DVC owners!! Somebody pinch me!!!!!!

Here's hoping that this is the beginning of GREAT things to come!!!!!!! Hang in there everyone!! My day FINALLY came and so will yours! :thumbsup2

I'm calling Nancy. Just in case...;)

I'm so happy for you. We need to keep this thread going, we can still "support" each other through ROFR AND closing.

We made it through!!!!! I'm sooooo excited!!!!!

:dance3: :woohoo: :banana: :yay: :cool1: :cheer2: :dancer: party:

But get this!!! I didn't find out from TTS. I found out from Nancy who is handling our closing. She called this morning to let me know that she received all the documents that we sent her yesterday. She was going through things and mentioned that Disney waived on the FIRST! I immediately stopped her and asked her to repeat that. She said, "You didn't know?". I told her NO!!!!! I told her that we've been driving ourselves crazy waiting to find out! She said that she received the info that it passed on Friday and that she was just waiting on one more thing from Disney. I told her that she made my day!!!!!!

I'm still in shock!!! I can't believe that we are actually going to be DVC owners!! Somebody pinch me!!!!!!

Here's hoping that this is the beginning of GREAT things to come!!!!!!! Hang in there everyone!! My day FINALLY came and so will yours! :thumbsup2
That's awesome. I'm happy for you. Now, poor Nancy who is also the person who will also be handling my closing, if and or when, it happens will be inundated with phone calls. I don't have Nancy's phone number with me and my wife isn't home, sooooo. I sit and wait. In the mean time:

CONGRATS DISNEYMOTHEROF3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left Nancy a message. Called TTS also. They told me to "be patient". :rolleyes1

OK...left Nancy a message AND an email. Can't believe there are TWO disboard members who found out from Nancy instead of TTS..

AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1: :eek: :scared1: :eek:

Alright I feel a little better

Thanks everyone! Now I'm wondering how long it will take for TTS to call and tell us that we passed. :confused:

OK...left Nancy a message AND an email. Can't believe there are TWO disboard members who found out from Nancy instead of TTS..

We passed ROFR on Feb. 14th on a contract that was submitted on Feb. 4th.

Our only way of finding out was an email I got from Yamilin Alfonso who is an Administrative Assistant at TTS. She emailed us with a congratulations and told us it typically takes 28 days to get final closing documents from Timeshare Closing Services.

At the bottom of the email she wrote "You may have already received a call from Timeshare Closing Services, Inc. or your associate letting you know that Disney has waived. I apologize in advance if you have already received notice." I emailed her back thanking her for contacting me with the good news because I had not received any other notice.

It seems to me that they should have a system in place where it should be somebody's responsibility to contact you when you pass ROFR but unfortunately I don't think that's the case. I think they all think that somebody else is going to do it.

We passed ROFR on Feb. 14th on a contract that was submitted on Feb. 4th.

Our only way of finding out was an email I got from Yamilin Alfonso who is an Administrative Assistant at TTS. She emailed us with a congratulations and told us it typically takes 28 days to get final closing documents from Timeshare Closing Services.

At the bottom of the email she wrote "You may have already received a call from Timeshare Closing Services, Inc. or your associate letting you know that Disney has waived. I apologize in advance if you have already received notice." I emailed her back thanking her for contacting me with the good news because I had not received any other notice.

It seems to me that they should have a system in place where it should be somebody's responsibility to contact you when you pass ROFR but unfortunately I don't think that's the case. I think they all think that somebody else is going to do it.

I agree. There should be some kind of procedure in place so that people are notified when the information comes in. To me, that's not acceptable. The only reason that I found out from Nancy was because my DH had faxed some stuff to her yesterday and they were having some issues with their fax machine. So she called to let us know that she did receive the documents and happened to mention that Disney passed on our contract on March 1st. That means that they could have ended our suffering on Friday. I still haven't heard from them.

I just Emailed Nancy myself, she is probably wondering why all these people are calling her and Emailing on ROFR all of a sudden. Don't worry, I didn't give up disneymotherof3 as the source of the knowledge. I'll let you know if I hear from her.

I just Emailed Nancy myself, she is probably wondering why all these people are calling her and Emailing on ROFR all of a sudden. Don't worry, I didn't give up disneymotherof3 as the source of the knowledge. I'll let you know if I hear from her.

Thank you!! I appreciate that!

She Emailed me back saying there is no word from Disney yet on my contract. At least I know that there is nothing to know:confused: . So the wait continues.:rolleyes1

OK this just isn't fair - why does disneymotherof3 get to pass "ROFR" TWICE before the rest of us get to pass once! :mad:

Hi All,
I wanted to join in on your board. I am "patiently" awaiting ROFR on my DVC purchase of 50 points for AKL. I wish I could buy more but I am hoping to add on another 25 once I pass to have 75. I don't have a family yet so I figure this will be perfect for trips once a year. I can't wait to hear and am jealous of those who already have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter