The "Waiting for ROFR" support group thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammymacb

Under da sea, under da sea, darlin' it's betta dow
Well, so we don't hog up all the space on the official "Anyone Made it Through ROFR Lately ? " thread, I thought I'd make a place for folks who were obsessing about their ROFR coming through after their offers were made..

C'mon and obsess with us..Pull up a chair. :thumbsup2

If it's OK with you, I'm going to pull up my recliner. This stress is terrible. MY DH keeps telling me to try not to think about it. Yeah right!!!! But he's the first one to ask if we've heard anything! Hopefully our suffering will end soon.

Hey, lets do a little introductions.

I'm Tammy, 38. My DH is Angus and our children are Caroline 11 and Tim 16. We live in Mount Pleasant, which is the coast side of Charleston. I'm a nurse and I work a weekend contract. Hence, most of my stays at Disney are during the week. I'm also a scuba diver, hence the 2 weeks in Bonaire starting July 26th. :woohoo:

I've got an offer on 100 BWV points, but will immediately add another 50 ( If I DIDN'T make ROFR, I'd go for a bigger BWV contract ) We go to Disney sporadically. It's only a 6 hour drive. We've got a trip booked in May ( Just DH and I @BWV- I'm borrowing points from my sister ) we're also going in June ( actually just me and the kids ) a dive trip in July and the Magic cruise in September.

My main reason wanting to buy is early December at BWV/Disney. Went this year and just fell in love. Though I've had plenty of opportunities to buy, this was the kicker for me.

OK, I told mine, now you all tell yours...:)

I too am struggling with the stress of ROFR. I live north of Boston with my DW, DD and DS. I have an offer in the ROFR stage for 150 points at BWV. I try not to think about it, ROFR, but it's hard when most of your house is decorated with Disney items. We are leaving for WDW in 44 days 12 hours 30 minutes and 27 seconds. We are staying at the Swan and the plan is to bank this years points and go nuts next year as the week at the swan this year will hold me over for a while. I plan to visit BWV while at WDW in 44 days 12 hours 28 minutes and 35 seconds (sorry I type slow). I also plan on buying everything with the words DVC or BWV on them while in WDW which I will be leaving for in 44 days 12 hours 26 minutes and 15 seconds.

On a side note I love the special Disney acronym thing. It's like our own secret language.

Ed, you didn't happen to nab that sweeet BWV at TTS with all the banked points did you? I saw that well after I was in ROFR and coveted it ...Now it's pending.

:grouphug:

I passed ROFR 8 days ago. It took an agonizing 19 calendar days, or 12 business days.

And remember, even though you pass it is still a daily struggle. There is still waiting for closing, then waiting for your points to become available.

But remember, you are strong DISers and with each others support you can make it through!!!!:cheer2:

I did resale it took a total of 2 months and 2 weeks from start to finish and then about ten days before points were in my account. Good luck to you all

We are currently waiting too.
205 SSR pts, we started waiting 11 days ago. I hope to hear this week.
We are on LI.
I want it to go thru so we can get moving on the rest f the wait. i am hoping to book at 2 Br for the last week of January at SSR.

Ed, you didn't happen to nab that sweeet BWV at TTS with all the banked points did you? I saw that well after I was in ROFR and coveted it ...Now it's pending.
No, the one we are in RORF with has no banked points, however, where it's UY is in February there are 150 points available now and since I'm going to WDW in 44 days 9 hours 59 minutes and 29 seconds and staying at the Swan I will be banking all 150 Points, if I get it, so I have 300 for next years trip which as you know is a short 409 days 9 hours 56 minutes and 47 seconds away!

My name is Cheryl and my DH is Chris. We have 3 kids....Desiree, 14...Emma, 3 (4 in June) and Dylan, almost 22 months. We live in Virginia Beach, VA. I'm a SAHM and my DH is a Chief in the Navy. I've been to WDW quite a few times, but last April was DH's first time! He was hooked after that!!! We went back in November, just the 2 of us for the F&WF, and went to one of the DVC tours. We really wanted to sign on right then and there, but the realistic side of us said that we really couldn't do it then.

Well we started looking at the DVC section here on the Disboards and learned more and more about it. That's where we found the TTS. We looked for awhile and found a contract that we thought looked great for us. My DH called and the next thing I knew we were signing papers for a contract! Our contract is for 110 points with another 110 banked points at OKW, June UY, $80p/p. We submitted on 2/14, so tomorrow will be 3 long, agonizing weeks!

We REALLY want this for our family! Family vacations are very important to us. We want to make sure that it's a "tradition" that we pass down to our kids and (I can't believe that I'm going to say this) our grandkids.

Hopefully we'll all get some good news and pixiedust: soon!!! Good luck to us all!!!!

I've noticed that ROFR's seem to come all at once...Maybe we'll all get our TTS emails at the same time..

Still worrying about my June UY and hoping Disney doesn't have anyone on their waitlist who needs those points...

I recently passed ROFR and it went pretty quickly. I got a pretty good deal @78 per point for SSR. :cloud9: I wasn't expecting it to go through so quickly, but I should be receiving my packet within several weeks. From what I hear, Disney is passing on quite a few, as of late. Good luck to all!!!!

:grouphug:

Thanks!

For those who have made it through and used TTS, did they call you or email you or both?

I've noticed that ROFR's seem to come all at once...Maybe we'll all get our TTS emails at the same time..

Still worrying about my June UY and hoping Disney doesn't have anyone on their waitlist who needs those points...

Our contract is a June use year too.

Thanks!

For those who have made it through and used TTS, did they call you or email you or both?

Obviously I haven't made it through yet, but this is what our guy told us:

Generally one of our administrators will notify you via e-mail on ROFR as soon as we hear from Disney.

Good Morning Sunshines! :goodvibes

No email at 6:31 am.

Ed, how long till your trip now? :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter