The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm really considering buying at vgf due to the restrictions at Riviera. I would rather not buy anything than buy RR due to the risk of the resale price crashing.
I do really like RR and would probably hope to stay there sometimes. I love VGF as well, so I wouldn't be disappointed. Does anyone know how hard it would be to book a deluxe studio premium view from oct1st-dec14 period for 4-7 days in the 7-month window not including holidays? I know we can't predict future demand but I'm wondering what current demand looks like.
Impossible?Rare?Expected?Basically guaranteed?
October 1 to December 14 is probably the mostly popular time of the year for DVC members to book rooms.

My experience as a VGF member is that it's difficult to book VGF rooms for this period at 11 months. Obviously, 202 new studios will make VGF studios a lot easier to book, but I would not count on any being available for 4-7 days at 7 months for October 1 to December 14.

October 1 to December 14 is probably the mostly popular time of the year for DVC members to book rooms.

My experience as a VGF member is that it's difficult to book VGF rooms for this period at 11 months. Obviously, 202 new studios will make VGF studios a lot easier to book, but I would not count on any being available for 4-7 days at 7 months for October 1 to December 14.
Sorry to clarify I meant to book RR. If I buy it will be at VGF and I will book 11 months out at VGF.
Our plan is if we can't get a place a RR to take uber to HS and AKL. It would be awesome to take the skyliner. We made add a small contract to RR as a 2nd contract for 3-day stays. I guess my question is how common is it to be able to book a room (anything cheaper then 1 bedroom) for 3-4 nights in Oct-Dec at RR 7 months out?
It sounds like it's quite difficult. What times of the year do you think it would be easier? We definitely don't plan to travel to WDW from May-Sept due to the heat and Summer.

I'm really considering buying at vgf due to the restrictions at Riviera. I would rather not buy anything than buy RR due to the risk of the resale price crashing.
I do really like RR and would probably hope to stay there sometimes. I love VGF as well, so I wouldn't be disappointed. Does anyone know how hard it would be to book a deluxe studio premium view from oct1st-dec14 period for 4-7 days in the 7-month window not including holidays? I know we can't predict future demand but I'm wondering what current demand looks like.
Impossible?Rare?Expected?Basically guaranteed?
I think that time of year is tough at 7 months at all the near park resorts. I would not assume you will be able to get into RIV for studios, even PV regularly.

Honestly, I would not avoid buying at RIV if that is where you want to stay on a regular basis…I think you will end up disappointed in the end.

Now, if it is just once in a great while, then maybe If you know you are planning to sell in a short time after buying.

IMO, DVC is too much money to spend to end up at your second choice resales for something that may or may not end up happening.

We love RIV and it’s worth it owning there and knowing we can stay any time we want.

Anyone who bought receive a DVC water bottle and cooling towel? I still haven’t received luggage yet, but was surprised to get a welcome gift since I’m not a new member.

Anyone who bought receive a DVC water bottle and cooling towel? I still haven’t received luggage yet, but was surprised to get a welcome gift since I’m not a new member.
So far the only thing that I've received relative to my direct purchase was the points. The water bottle looks pretty nice!

Sorry to clarify I meant to book RR. If I buy it will be at VGF and I will book 11 months out at VGF.
Our plan is if we can't get a place a RR to take uber to HS and AKL. It would be awesome to take the skyliner. We made add a small contract to RR as a 2nd contract for 3-day stays. I guess my question is how common is it to be able to book a room (anything cheaper then 1 bedroom) for 3-4 nights in Oct-Dec at RR 7 months out?
As mentioned above, Riviera is difficult at the seven month mark. Riviera is turning into a resort you need to own (definitely need to own oct-jan) to get in to.

I don't quite see the logic of buying at VGF if you want to stay at Riviera. Just buy Riviera and you have your 11 month advantage.

You mentioned that you'd rather buy nothing than Riviera because of resale value. This applies to any timeshare. Heck, I bought VGF resale when the pandemic hit and prices dropped in value at Grand significantly.

Last edited:
It sounds like it's quite difficult. What times of the year do you think it would be easier? We definitely don't plan to travel to WDW from May-Sept due to the heat and Summer.
Ironically, the onerous resale restrictions that could depress the resale value are a reason to own there. Over time, you will have a large percentage of Riviera owners who cannot book anywhere else, so it will tend to shut out everybody else from booking there. By definition, Riviera starts out at 100% direct owners, but every year, the percentage of resale owners increases, say 5% per year.

Ironically, the onerous resale restrictions that could depress the resale value are a reason to own there. Over time, you will have a large percentage of Riviera owners who cannot book anywhere else, so it will tend to shut out everybody else from booking there. By definition, Riviera starts out at 100% direct owners, but every year, the percentage of resale owners increases, say 5% per year.
Couldn’t it also make it hard for Riviera members to book at less than 11 months if a chunk of members can’t book anywhere but there?

Based on reports, the average number of resale points runs around 20% max…and it will take years to get to that number.

Points become restricted only one…when a direct owners sells them..after that, no matter how often that contract changes hands it does not impact the percentage of points…just who owns them.

And, if DVD ever decides to ROFR resale RIv down the line, then those points go back to being unrestricted.

I do think you need to own there to stay there…it’s popular..on a regular basis...but I just don’t see the resale point % being higher than average…if anything, it could be lower if the value goes down…owners may just choose to keep and use or rent it out.

Generally, what happens with a new DVC resort such as the Riviera is that people who just bought there want to stay there, and existing members at other resorts want to stay there.

The result is that a new DVC resort tends to be difficult to book until all direct points are sold and most DVC members have had a chance to try the new resort.

Longer term, a DVC resort’s difficulty to book is mostly a function of its size and mix of rooms. Large DVC resorts with lots of Studios tend to be easier to book. (Studios are the most popular type of room.)

Once sold out, the Riviera will be the 4th largest WDW DVC but it only has the 6th most Studios. As such, it probably will end up being somewhere within the middle of difficulty to book.

The Riviera’s resale restrictions could make it more difficult to book long-term. However, if the pattern at the Riviera is similar to other WDW DVC resorts, then the vast majority of Riviera buyers will have bought their points directly from Disney, even 20 years from now.
Historically, August is the easiest month to book, exactly for the reason you don't want to travel May-Sept. You would not be the only DVC member who feels that way about the heat.

Couldn’t it also make it hard for Riviera members to book at less than 11 months if a chunk of members can’t book anywhere but there?

RIV owners will need to book at 11 months to have the best chance of getting SV rooms.…and depending on time, other rooms as well.

Resale owners will learn quickly to book right on time or they could get shut out. Where the bigger issue will come into play is at 7 months when resale points can’t be used other places so those wanting to trade in, especially during busy times may very well find themselves out of luck.

Took a look at my VGF2 deed and it says I have an interest in unit 11. I am a little confused how little my % is given I have a total of 300 points and my % of unit comes out to less than .04%. How many points do they sell for each room? Can it be more than the points used for the room for the year?

Just ball parking average points in a resort studio even if unit 11 is theme park view and average points are 35 for the year (I think it’s actually far less) my % would be 2.3%. Or do units not correspond to actual rooms? That would make more sense. Not a big deal but just trying to understand what I technically am deeded out of interest.

Took a look at my VGF2 deed and it says I have an interest in unit 11. I am a little confused how little my % is given I have a total of 300 points and my % of unit comes out to less than .04%. How many points do they sell for each room? Can it be more than the points used for the room for the year?

Just ball parking average points in a resort studio even if unit 11 is theme park view and average points are 35 for the year (I think it’s actually far less) my % would be 2.3%. Or do units not correspond to actual rooms? That would make more sense. Not a big deal but just trying to understand what I technically am deeded out of interest.
Units do correspond to actual rooms. But they usually contain more than one studio room.

I think I read that Unit 11 was the entire 100 rooms that were declared. But I didn’t actually look for sure.

'All of the (VGF) points sold were drawn from Residential Unit #11, which makes up half of the (BPK) building. Disney did not sell any deeds which were drawn from residential units located in the original DVC building. '

https://www.dvcnews.com/dvc-program...-sales-resume-direct-sales-jump-in-march-2022
What jumps out at me also in this is that link is that someone bought a single 1000 point deed. I’m surprised they didn’t break it down to smaller deeds in case they want to sell one day. That would be a difficult to move resale.

What jumps out at me also in this is that link is that someone bought a single 1000 point deed. I’m surprised they didn’t break it down to smaller deeds in case they want to sell one day. That would be a difficult to move resale.

That’s an expensive contract.

There's currently a 1000 point VGF contract on sale on the Fidelity DVC resale website, listed at $180 per point.

Something tells me they won't get what they're asking...

It's crazy to buy a single 1000 point contract!! On 300 I did 125 / 75 / 50/ 50. I figure the small extra CC will pay off if I ever need to re-sell. I probably would have done 6 x 150 + 100 or 5 x 200. Even 4 x 250 would be MUCH easier to move than 1 x 1000. Very few buyers would buy a contract of that size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter