The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New roof going on BPK and some exterior construction. They demolished a exterior stairway.

Attachments

• 08A6F476-66AE-4DDE-B0BF-4CF2A0304A7B.jpeg
    08A6F476-66AE-4DDE-B0BF-4CF2A0304A7B.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 46
  • EACFE9D0-6D58-4DBD-AB79-C785953FF0E6.jpeg
    EACFE9D0-6D58-4DBD-AB79-C785953FF0E6.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 33
As of a week and a half ago, we are officially owners now. Overall we are satisfied with our purchase, but still disappointed that the incentives weren't better. We purchased 325 points but I think if the incentives had been better we would have gone for 350. And just like everyone warned, I felt that we didn't have enough points as soon as we booked our first trip 😆...

Looking like im going to have to put off purchasing my first DVC VGF contract unfortunately, probably for a year or so.

Does anyone have any insight into how long it may take for VGF to sell out? I saw the first month sold roughly 6.5% of all points (which i think was just for existing members), do we think the first couple of months may be higher and then slow down? If we took 6.5% as an average it would take roughly 15months to sell out. Is that realistic or are we expecting it to sell out quicker?

Looking like im going to have to put off purchasing my first DVC VGF contract unfortunately, probably for a year or so.

Does anyone have any insight into how long it may take for VGF to sell out? I saw the first month sold roughly 6.5% of all points (which i think was just for existing members), do we think the first couple of months may be higher and then slow down? If we took 6.5% as an average it would take roughly 15months to sell out. Is that realistic or are we expecting it to sell out quicker?
IMO, we're heading for a recession. Inflation is killing a lot of plans for large purchases. I don't think that we will see the level of enthusiasm from new buyers that we saw from existing members. And keep in mind that Riviera and Aulani are both still in active sales. New buyers will have choices and not all of them will want VGF2.

I predict 18 months to 2 years. But, once we have more info on what new buyers decided to buy now that they have the option of both, we might be able to better gauge it. I think that there will be a shift in sales numbers, but the question is whether or not the buyers of VGF will be adding to total sales...like the current owners did when they bought RIV...or did it totally take sales away from RIV in a meaningful way.

Yeah a recession is coming sooner rather than later.

What that will mean for the resale marked is hard to say but if the number of contracts for sale continues to increase then the prices will go down.

Historically DVC haven’t lowered their prices but instead increased their incentives.

Near term the first new member buyer numbers should show up in May (when those deeds start to show up on the OC site) & June numbers should give a fairly good indication of how fast it’s selling & how it’s faring v. the other WDW resort in active sales - Riv..
I suspect VGF2 is doing better than DVC projected since they cut back on incentives for VGF https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program/fin...yer-prices-revealed-add-on-incentives-reduced.
My simple calculations from initial sales numbers predicted 14 mo.s to VGF being sold out - but, there are too many unknowns to have any confidence in those numbers. Headwinds from the economy, reduction in on site buyer demand due to negative park experiences (cost, crowding, unhappiness w/ G+,) the initial numbers were an anomaly capturing pent up demand waiting for VGF & will wane, etc..

Took a look at my VGF2 deed and it says I have an interest in unit 11. I am a little confused how little my % is given I have a total of 300 points and my % of unit comes out to less than .04%. How many points do they sell for each room? Can it be more than the points used for the room for the year?

Just ball parking average points in a resort studio even if unit 11 is theme park view and average points are 35 for the year (I think it’s actually far less) my % would be 2.3%. Or do units not correspond to actual rooms? That would make more sense. Not a big deal but just trying to understand what I technically am deeded out of interest.

When I go I marvel at the door handle that I own with the 3,500 points I have.

Anyone know how sales were in April for VGF when they opened it up to new members? Is it still outselling RIV?

When I go I marvel at the door handle that I own with the 3,500 points I have.

Your 3,500 points is not even a rounding error compared to the total of available and sold points and honestly your tiny ownership would probably represent the toilet in the master bathroom rather than the door handle

I'd join Disboards with a username Bungalows4LYF if that was me. But it is not.

That's a half mil purchase. If I had that lying around, I wouldn't be buying DVC. But to be fair, that person probably has a lot more lying around.

Your 3,500 points is not even a rounding error compared to the total of available and sold points and honestly your tiny ownership would probably represent the toilet in the master bathroom rather than the door handle
Compared to the total points sold, sure.

But there are a lot of rooms and a lot of points!

If you had 3,500 points at the Animal Kingdom you could come close to saying you owned an entire value studio! At the Beach Club you're more like 60% of the way to owning a studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!