• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The One With The View
A Short but Sweet WDW Trip
October 2021

Day 3, Part 2
October 17, 2021
"I don't even have any pants on!"

After our short break, we headed back towards the Jungle Cruise to use a DAS pass we had picked up along the way. The posted wait time was 60 minutes, but we managed to wait only 5.

I love the Jungle Cruise! Knock on wood, but I can’t remember ever having a bad skipper- which I know really makes or breaks the ride. Either we’ve always been very lucky, or I literally just laugh at everything. Both of those are probably true. There were a couple of new jokes this trip that made up for the departure of Trader Sam.

My favorite? Why thank you for asking! “Omg what did those gorillas do to that truck?!?!?! They painted it blue!”

….You had to be there.

After our 3 hour tour, we trucked back towards Frontierland to watch a couple of bears sing.

giphy.gif

One of my favorite Disney touches.

We ended up having perfect timing and walked into a loading show. The show was decently packed and the crowd was super into the show. We were all just a big bunch of singing bear fans!

By the time the show ended, it was nearing time for our lunch reservation so where did we head? Well, right back to Adventureland of course!

Both Mel and I have heard rave reviews about Skipper Canteen (my uncle is a huge fan) so we decided to finally give it a try this trip. We checked in for our 1pm reservation at 12:50 and sat out on the patio to relax while we waited to be called for our table. At 1:11, we were finally brought to our table.

Our skipper, Robert, was excellent! He had serious Dwight from the Office vibes but he was so fun and knowledgeable. He advised Mel, who has a shellfish allergy, that she could order anything but the Veranda Fried Rice, which contains shrimp.

We placed our drink order for a coke for Mel and an Adventureland Colada for me.

Adventureland Colada- Dole whip pineapple blended with coconut cream and passion fruit- $9

My drink was delicious! But it was a lot and I ended up needing water to cut the creamy sweetness.

Drinks in hand, we were ready to place our food order! We decided to split an order of the “special” Pao De Queijo to start.

Pao De Queijo- Brazilian cheese bread- cheese bread balls served with chimichurri cream cheese- $12

Both Mel and I thought our appetizer was delicious and we practically licked the plate clean! We would order this again in a heartbeat.

For our entrees, Mel went with the “Tastes like Chicken” Because it is!, while I went with 2 appetizers. The Falls Family Falafel and……..the Veranda Fried Rice.

“Oh, the one thing I said not to order.”

I don’t have the shellfish allergy Robert, no worries over here!

giphy.gif

“Tastes like Chicken” Because it is!- crispy-fried chicken with sweet chili glaze, stir-fried vegetables, and seasoned rice- $24

Falls Family Falafel- a secret recipe of chickpeas, garlic, onions, lemon juice, and herbs served with house-made edamame hummus and toasted pumpkin seeds (plant-based)- $10

Veranda Fried Rice- spicy chili-garlic shrimp served over pork fried rice with eggs and peas- $15

If only Robert’s jokes could’ve helped the rest of our meal. Mel thought her chicken was incredibly dry and almost inedible. She also pointed out that the menu stated the dish was served with seasoned rice but it came with plain white rice. Likewise, I thought the falafel were also very, very dry and I only ended up picking at one or 2. The fried rice was decent and the shrimp included were tasty, but the dish wasn’t anything to write home about.

After settling the bill, Robert sent us on our way and we headed towards our Haunted Mansion DAS pass that we had picked up sometime earlier.

The ride was posted at a 60 minute wait, but we were able to walk right up to the doors and were on the ride a mere 5 minutes later.

From there, we headed towards Winnie the Pooh which was posted at 35 minutes. As we stepped into the line, the time switched to 50 minutes. Luckily, we only waited about 35 or so minutes.

After we bounced with Tigger and hung around the Hundred Acre Woods, we caught a flight to Neverland with our next DAS pass.

Afterwards, Mel and I decided to head back to Frontierland and jump online for Big Thunder.

We took one look at the line which was down the bridge and questioned just how long the wait would be.

We waited only 20 of the 35 minute posted wait and were soon zipping around an abandoned mine.

***Coming up next: How do we spend our evening at the Magic Kingdom? Do we make up for lost hours or decide to cut our losses?***

giphy.gif

The One With The View
October 2021

Day 3, Part 3
October 17, 2021

After our trip around the abandoned mine and our less than stellar lunch a couple hours earlier, we decided a snack was in order. And what was the only snack we had in mind?

Casey’s Corner, of course!
As we headed back to Main Street, we stumbled upon a cavalcade! This would be the only one we saw all trip- which I didn’t mind at all.

Clarabelle being the top of the cavalcade seems really odd to me, but you go girl!

We placed a mobile order at Casey’s for an order of corn dog nuggets to share.

Our order was ready pretty quickly and while Mel went to pick up the food, I found us a covered table near the piano player.

Corn dog nuggets- served with a choice of french fries or Cuties mandarin- $10.29

Cute 50th cups!

We spent some time happily snacking and people watching as we rested our feet. There’s no better snack than Casey’s- that’s a hill I will always die on!

Not wanting to hog our table for too long, once we were hydrated, fed, and relaxed, we cleaned off our table and headed towards Tomorrowland.

There was a pretty sizable line for the People Mover but we jumped in line and waited about 15 minutes before we zoomed at a very reasonable speed around Tomorrowland.

A definite must-do!

Must doooo

Once we were done with our grand tour, we headed towards Dumbo, who had only a 15 minute wait.

6 minutes later, we were soaring high.

When we were done with Dumbo, Mel and I decided a journey under da sea was in order. So to The Little Mermaid we went!

It claimed to have a 30 minute wait, but everyone deep down knows that a solid 20 minutes of that is just walking through the miles of miles of twisty queue that this line has. Such a windy (and randomly freezing) queue!

Act like a barnacle!

By the time we reached dry land again, our DAS pass for Space Mountain that we had picked up earlier was ready to be used. We trudged back to Tomorrowland and boarded our spaceship.

Way back in the day on my first ever WDW trip, Space Mountain was my absolute favorite ride. I couldn’t get enough of it! I still have a paper fastpass that I kept as a keepsake from that trip. Now about 15 years later, Space Mountain still holds a special place in my heart. Even if I don’t love it as much as I used to.

giphy.gif

We stopped for a quick water break once we were done with Space and decided on what to do next. We decided that I was going to head towards Haunted Mansion to book us a DAS pass that would be ready before the park closed while Mel would head straight to Thunder Mountain and I would meet her there.

We both ended up getting to Big Thunder at the exact same time!

Big Thun Thun had a wait time posted at 20 minutes but we only waited about 15 before we were wiping and wheezing through that darn abandoned mine. A true classic!

After we got off the ride, our Haunted Mansion DAS was ready to use so we headed there next for the last ride of the night. Haunted Mansion had a wait time posted as 13 minutes (which we all means there’s no wait) but I’m happy we booked the DAS pass to be on the safe side just in case.

***Continued in next post***

The One With The View
October 2021

Day 3, Part 4
October 17, 2021

It was slightly past 8 at this point, so we decided to head out of the park and to our 9 o’clock dining reservation. As we were being herded out of the back door exit by First Aid, the fireworks were going off overhead and we got to see some trolley cars sleeping for the night.

Good night sweet automobiles. Sleep tight.

I don’t know if the resort monorail was down or if it took a page out of the trolley car book and was sleeping for the night, but our options to get to the Poly were the boat or to walk. And Mel was in no mood to walk. So back on the boats! How we come in is how we leave.

giphy.gif

While we waited for the boat, we were treated to the Electrical Water Pageant derping along in the background.

Always late, and uninvited, to the party.

The boat finally came at 8:40. I was getting a little bit nervous about getting to the Poly in time for our dining reservation but at the same time- what will be will be.

We docked at the Poly right at 9 and we walked as fast as we could to Kona. We managed to check in at exactly 9:06- not too bad!

The hostess seated us right away, which was nice for our aching feet.

We quickly placed our drink order- Mel decided to just stick with a giant glass of ice water while I went with the Sparkling No-Jito.

Sparkling No-Jito- lime juice, pure cane sugar, and mint topped with soda water- $4.99

I’m a huge mojito fan, so it was a no-brainer that I would love this. And I did.

Our waitress dropped off some warm rolls with butter, but I have no idea what kind they were. They seemed like an even fluffier version of King's Hawaiian rolls. Not too surprisingly though.

For our meal, both Mel and I decided we were each going the appetizer route (we weren’t able to share- since I went with shellfish).

Mel chose the spicy tuna roll and the crispy pork-vegetable pot stickers; while, I went with the rainbow roll and seafood coconut-curry soup.

Spicy tuna roll- ahi tuna, spicy mayonnaise, cucumber- $18

Crispy pork-vegetable potstickers- soy-vinaigrette dressing- $10

Rainbow roll- tuna, salmon, shrimp, hamachi, lump crab, cucumber, avocado- $24

Seafood coconut-curry soup- shrimp, scallop, crab- $10

We both thought our sushi rolls were absolutely fantastic- so fresh even at almost 9:30 at night and full of flavor! Mel was in heaven with her pot stickers (she is a huge fan of pot stickers and dumplings in general), but ended up needing to box up most and take them back to the resort with us.

And my soup? Well, I found out I am not a fan of seafood coconut-curry soup. But now I know for next time.

giphy.gif

Once our tummies were nice and full, we settled the bill and waddled to the lobby to wait for our Lyft driver.

We once again had a bit of a wait but we managed to get picked up at 10:35.

My notes say “very chatty guy” so I’m guessing our driver was super talkative but I don’t remember anything about it!

giphy.gif

By 11 we were back at Blue Heron, and with a quick shower and icy hotted knees, I was asleep by 12.

Not bad for a day in the life of a dog food company.

***Coming up next: Our last park day! Do we get to do all the things we want to do? Do we find a new Mel obsession?***

giphy.gif

Well, it’s crunch time. Mel and my next trip is in only (about) 10 days!

This trip is going to be a lot different than previous trips. We are going to be flying down to Orlando on Thursday the 24th from LaGuardia (small bby angels sing), landing at about 2:45, and heading to Universal for my sister’s bachelorette party weekend. The 2 other bridesmaids are planning on meeting us at the AirBnB throughout the day to help us decorate and then my sister and her fiance (yes, her fiance is coming to her bachelorette party. I know) are going to be flying down from Newark and landing around 8:30pm that same day.

We are going to be in the parks on Friday and Saturday- we got park to park passes- with Toothsomes and Cowfish reservations for dinner those nights. Sunday, I don’t think there are any concrete plans since my sister was originally flying home this day but due to costs, chose to fly out Monday instead.

Monday once my sister and her fiance are headed back North, Mel and I are heading to our second AirBnB and then starting the actual “vacation” portion of the trip. We are spending the rest of Monday exploring Disney Springs, Tuesday we are going to Hollywood Studios for the first time since 2018, Wednesday is Magic Kingdom, Thursday we are headed to Animal Kingdom, and we are ending our stay with Epcot on Friday. We fly out on Saturday at 1pm.

Our AirBnb does not have an incredible view this time. I know, I know, dry your tears.

giphy.gif

We ended up booking a stay at GreenPoint Hotel Kissimmee, which is about a 10 minute drive from WDW, for the Disney portion of the trip, and an entire townhouse for the Universal/Bachelorette portion.

I booked some dining reservations at some new to us restaurants (Brown Derby, Le Creperie de Paris) and some tried and true favorites (Kona, Via Napoli).

I feel like I’m nowhere near ready for this trip, but maybe that’s for the best.

I did, however, buy a few Harry Potter shirts and new Mickey ears. Priorities, I tell ya.

This is the second time I've ordered from this same Etsy store. Their quality is just *chef's kiss*

You didn't expect me to NOT be a Slytherin right? All of these shirts are from a couple of different Etsy stores.

I’m going to try to get this report finished up before we go so stay tuned!

giphy.gif

What Etsy store do you use for your ears??

The store I ordered from was Flip Stitch Repeat Co, they're also where I got the ears I'm wearing in this trip report. I think all together I have 7 pairs of their ears. I also really like Mouse Kouture Ears on Etsy as well- I haven't ordered from them in a while but they also have really nice quality pairs!

The One With The View
October 2021

Day 4, Part 1
October 18, 2021
"He's rude! Take Down His Please Knock Sign!"

I woke up our last full day at 6:45 to the blazing chorus of Mel’s alarm. The view of the room couldn’t cover up the fact that the walls were paper thin. But it could cover up the fact that the legs of the couch were just bed risers like you get for college dorms. But I digress.

My faith in humanity was renewed as I laid in my bed and looked out across Lake Bryan. I was going to finally get a Ratatouille boarding group. I could feel it in my bones!

7 slowly approached closer and closer and the millisecond it turned the hour, I went in for the kill. And the crowds gasped and cheered as I came out of the fire successful. I had a boarding group. 45, baby!

With park opening at 10, Mel and I aimed to leave at 9:30 to hopefully get there as close to open as possible.

Coco!

By 9:25, Mel was still in her pjs.

giphy.gif

Maybe I shouldn’t have doubted Mel’s ability to change faster than literal lightning, because by 9:38 we were out the door and heading to our Lyft (who didn’t end up picking us up until 9:45, but minor details) Our little song bird of a driver plopped us at the drop off area at 10:08 and we were on our merry way.

Security, like both days previous, was a breeze and we were through in about 3 minutes. And just like both days previous, Mel was pulled to the side for a little extra pat down loving.

Spaceship Earth was posted as a 10 minute wait so we jumped on line and managed to wait only 8 of those minutes.

Like always, Rome burned, and like always, the facial recognition failed. It wouldn’t be a ride through the history of communication without either of those things.

From there we headed over to Nemo, who like it should be, was a walkon.

Once we were dumped into the Living Seas, my mission from our last Epcot adventure continued. Find the jellyfish tank!

I retraced my steps, there was an area I was clearly missing if I hadn’t seen the tank yet. And then it dawned on me, it was in the queue area of Turtle Talk!

“Just here for the jellyfish tank!” I informed the cast member guarding the elusive sea creature and with a knowing nod, he waved me on into the area.

Look at these little jelly blobs! I love them!

Keeping up with our harrowing adventure filled morning, we set off to hang out with Figalo, the international….

Joy was out near Imagination, and we stopped for a few moments to watch her interact with a few other guests. She was very active and didn’t keep still in one area for too long.

But Figgy called, and when that purple gentleman calls, I answer.

My notes say that we waited 12 minutes to ride- something is clearly wrong here. I don’t even have any witty notes about how impressive it is that we waited 12 minutes for Figment when the ride was posted as 5. I clearly just accepted it as fact that there are more fans of Figgy than just Mel and myself.

Once we bid farewell to my favorite purple dragon, I decided some food was in order.

The this side of water! *cheers from an invisible crowd*

Mel wasn’t feeling all that well, so she opted to find a little table for me to eat on and plopped on a bench near by once I returned with my wares.

From the Noodle Exchange booth:

Tofu Pho- served with enoki mushrooms and Thai basil- $5.50

Powerade- zero sugar. Mixed berry. $5

Oh Canada!

“Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom beef filet mignon- served with truffle-butter sauce. $8.75

Canadian Cheddar and Bacon Soup- served with a pretzel roll. $5.75. I picked this bad boy up for Mel.

I thought the pho was decent but to be completely honest, it didn’t really hit the spot. I ate most of the tofu and sipped most of the broth before calling it quits.

Let’s talk about the obvious. The Le Cellier filet is incredible, even when it doesn’t look like it is. I initially wasn’t going to pick this up but I’m so glad I did. It’s been a good minute since I’ve had this dish and every time I forget how delicious it is until I have it again. My only issue? The plate was literally melted. I have no idea why this was still handed out, without any shame from the cast members. I was a little skeptical about eating it at first, but then I decided a little melted plastic probably hasn’t hurt that many people. Maybe it added to the flavor? Do I owe the deliciousness of the filet solely to the added extra melty plastic? Your guess is as good as mine.

Mel thought her soup was just what she needed and deemed it as delicious as she remembered and that we would need a Le Cellier reservation in an upcoming trip. Soon. She also remarked that the pretzel bread was much better than the last time she had the soup. So there’s that.

At 12, our Remy boarding group was called so we headed over to France.

Unlike last time when both Mel and the ride itself broke down for about an hour, we decided to ask about a DAS entrance. The cast members said that as long as our boarding group has been called, we are more than welcome to use the DAS entrance.

We ended up only waiting about 6 minutes, which is more or less how long the walk took from the entrance to the loading zone. I thought the ride was better this time, but I think that had a lot to do with the shorter wait and knowing what to expect. I’m not huge into surprises!

Once we were back human-sized, we stumbled upon Belle and I snapped a few pics before she hurried off back to the Beast.

We made our way around the World Showcase until my lack of proper lunch snuck up on me. I was peckish! I placed a mobile order for Regal Eagle in the American Adventure pavilion and went to go pick it up while Mel ordered a couple of sweet treats at the Fife and Drum and then joined me inside Regal Eagle.

BBQ rib from the Kids Menu- served with choice of sides and beverage. $8.99. I opted for cole slaw, pickles, and lemonade

A side of Beer-battered Onion Rings- $4.99. Mel’s choice for a snack.

Barq’s Root Beer Float- Barq’s root beer float with vanilla ice cream. $5.75

Frozen slushy. Fanta Blue Raspberry. $5.25

I thought the rib was absolutely delicious- it might have even replaced Flame Tree in DAK as my go to BBQ spot in WDW. The sauces that they offer (Blue Ribbon Brisket Sauce savory spice sauce, Blue Ridge Vinegar League vinegar base sauce, and Old Glory Mustard Guild sweet mustard sauce) were equally as incredible.

The slaw and pickles were the right amount of tang and perfect accompaniments. I can’t recommend Regal Eagle enough!

Mel was thoroughly satisfied with her onion rings- they were hot and crispy. They had the right amount of grease to them to not be overwhelming but to remind you that these little round slices of heaven were still going right to your hips. Another knock out for Sam Eagle!

I thought my blue raspberry slushy was cold and satisfying, and Mel, well Mel still loved her root beer float. I told you she’d be back!

We took our time eating our lunchy snack before we decided to head out to our next DAS pass.

***Coming up: Where are we headed? How many more times do we stop for food and declare it a harmless little snack?***

giphy.gif

The One With The View
October 2021

Day 4, Part 2
October 18, 2021
"He's rude! Take Down His Please Knock Sign!"

After our delicious stop at Sam the Eagle’s finest Regal, we headed towards Norway to cash in our Frozen DAS pass that we had picked up somewhere along the way. The ride had a posted wait time of 55 minutes, but luckily we only waited about 6.

My notes say nothing about getting horrifyingly wet this time cruising around Arrendale, so I assume the Splash Mountain level of wet we got the last time was some sort of fluke.

I also tricked Mel into taking about 87 different pictures with the Dump Shop Troll with varying levels of nose-picking. You’re welcome.

From Norway, we hiked our way around the world towards Mexico and set sail on the happiest cruise that ever sailed- wait, wait. We set sail on the 2nd happiest cruise that ever sailed. Donald doesn’t seem like he’s enjoying himself most of the time. Except that time he was a potted plant.

After Viva La Donald, we made our way to the front of the park to waste some time before our early dinner reservation (I know, I know, we did a lot of eating this day. Believe me, we aren’t done). We decided to take a nice afternoon break on Spaceship Earth which was a total walk on.

Once we landed safely back on Earth, we headed back to the World Showcase to check in for our ADR at Rose and Crown. Our reservation wasn’t until 4:05, but they let us check in at 3:45 and told us there may be a couple minute wait. A mere 3 minutes later, our table was ready and we were whisked away towards our table.

And then everything fell apart.

I’m not one to cause a fuss at a restaurant. I promise you, I’m not. I will literally accept the worst service and the worst experiences. But something about the Rose and Crown set me off.

The table we were given was a 2 top located outside. In the middle of the staircase. I promise you. If I had sat down on that side of the table, I would be sitting half way into the staircase. This couldn’t be ok. Isn’t this some sort of fire and safety code issue? Why did they feel like this table placement was alright?

Shunned to sit on the stairs

I immediately asked for a new table. With slight hesitation, they agreed, and we were moved to a table on the lower level of the deck. Much better.

We placed our drink order with the waitress while we perused the rest of the small, but efficient menu. We both knew what we were already going to order, but we pretended like we were contemplating for less judgment.

I went for a water and the “Earidescent Sip-a-bration” lemonade, while Mel opened for a coke.

Earidescent Sipabration- lemonade and fruity strawberry punch, served in a souvenir 50th celebration cup with a surprise character and a little bit of magic! $10

I wasn’t a fan of the lemonade! I thought the punch ended up having a gitty texture to it that was just off putting. This is a one and done for me!

For our meals themselves, I started with the scotch eggs to start and the fish & chips for my main meal. Mel just settled for the fish & chips.

Scotch Egg- golden-fried hard-boiled egg wrapped in sausage with mustard sauce. $13

Fish & Chips- beer battered fresh fish served with tartar sauce. $26

I’ve never had a scotch egg before but I was thoroughly interested to try one and I wasn’t disappointed. I thought the sausage had a nice flavor that was really complemented by the mustard sauce and the hard-boiled egg added a nice touch to the dish.

But then things went south. Souther, if you will.

Mel and I absolutely love the fish & chips from Yorkshire County Fish Shop located only feet away- so close in fact that you are literally seated almost elbow to elbow with each other at times. I love it so much that it’s actually what I consider to be my favorite Disfood.

I’ve heard that Rose and Crown’s fish and chips are even better. Oh, what a lie! Maybe I was still slightly put off about the table situation but I thought the fish was incredibly greasy and the batter had zero flavor to it. We both only took small nibbles out of the fish and ended up mostly just eating the fries. Or chips. Either or.

Contemplating the exact moment this meal went awry.

I’m in no rush to head back to Rose and Crown in the near future. I’ll have my fish and chips from the quick service next door and pay about half the price for better, more delicious food.

Thank you very much.

We stopped quickly to watch Alice in Londonland before we headed over to Test Track to use our DAS pass.

The ride had a wait time posted at 60 minutes, but we waited only 16 before we were transformed into a couple of crash test dummies.

From there we headed over to Soarin, which had a 20 minute wait.

Still don’t like it. Still think it smells like a bathroom freshener.

You know what doesn’t smell like a bathroom air freshener? Livin with the Land. So that’s where we went. There was absolutely no wait, but they still tried to seat us in the middle of the boat. I asked to wait for the 1st row and they kindly allowed us to.

“Everyone always wants the front row!” the cast member called across to another cast member.

Don’t act like you guys don’t know it's the prime seat.

After our harrowing, nail biting, death defying trip through the greenhouse, we headed over to the International Gateway.

We were still slightly hungry, we were growing tired. We just wanted to sit down and have more snacks. So I checked the app and booked us a Beaches and Cream reservation for 9:15.

We had close to an hour until our reservation so we decided to spend some time in the Beach Club game room. We played some games, we each got a 15 minute torture massage from those massage chairs (too rough! I hated it!), and then we played even more games.

This and the stupid table at Rose and Crown are my new mortal enemies.

But by 9 we couldn’t entertain ourselves any longer and went to go check in for our last and final meal of the day. Or would it be?

It was, we weren’t that bad!

Luckily at 9, we were allowed to check in and were seated immediately.

Mel ordered a root beer and water for her drink and I was shocked. Absolutely shocked!

In my previous trip report, during a real life update about my birthday I had stated that I had discovered, and fell in love with, Ace Pineapple hard cider. And what did my little eyes instantly fall on while looking at the menu?

My love!

And what was even better? Good ol’ Ace was featured in a fantastic sounding drink: the Tropical Sunrise!

Tropical Sunrise- Ace Pineapple hard cider with rainbow sherbet. $13

So good! Who knew that the cider could get even better with a little sherbet!

For our meals, Mel ordered the grilled cheese with tomato soup and the No Way Jose for dessert; I went with the grilled cheese as well but decided to add bacon to it and switch out the tomato soup for fries. I also chose to end my meal with the cookie fries.

Beaches and Cream Grilled Cheese- with creamy tomato soup. $14

$5 to add bacon or ham.

No Way Jose- a peanut butter and hot fudge delight featuring chocolate and vanilla ice cream, peanut butter, and chocolate morsels, whipped cream, and a cherry. $11

Cookie Fries with Dipping Sauce- plant based cookie fries with assorted dips; plant based option. $8

Mel and I both agreed that the grilled cheeses were creamy, gooey, and a nice classic comfort food. Mel thought the soup could’ve been a bit warmer but was decent; and I thought the fries were, well, fries.

The cookie fries are absolutely skippable. In fact, they were barely even edible.

But the No Way Jose? Why, Mel loved it so much that she required me to book an ADR for Beaches and Cream for our upcoming trip. It was her only request. She is in love now. She can’t be contained.

After we settled our bill, we rolled ourselves out of the Beach Club before we were confused for a couple of beach balls and grabbed our Lyft at 10:13. There was an oddly large amount of road work that took us out of the way. I don’t know if this is common with Florida roadwork, but the roadwork literally shut down entire sections of the road. It was as if they were like “Oh you want to go to the other side of the road? Too bad, you are this side of the road people now.”

Eventually we made it back to Blue Heron at 10:40. I packed up a bit, showered, and by 11:30 I was icy hotting my knees and hitting the hay.

Not a single step was climbed apparently.

Coming up: The grand finale! Do we ever make it back to Jersey? Do I live in shame under that 2 top table at the Rose and Crown?***

giphy.gif

Enjoying your girls TR! You're too funny! Lots of good food this day. I have to agree about the cookies - they don't look good at all. Also from what I remember, the R&C fish was pretty tasteless. You have another trip coming up fast. Hope you decide to do a TR!

The One With The View
October 2021

Day 5
October 19, 2021
"Who Knew Hudson News Is Self Checkout!"

All good things must come to an end and I woke at 8 the next morning with a tiny Lake Bryan balcony view-sized tear in my eye. It was almost time to say goodbye to my precious.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Mel and I were both finished packing the last of our things by 9:15 and decided to place an Uber Eats order for some breakfast before we headed to the airport.

We decided to go with Keke’s, which I’ve heard really good things about.

You would think I would be a little more cautious with recommendations after the Rose and Crown debacle from the day prior but nay nay. I throw caution to the Lake Bryan wind.

Mel opted for the Build your Own Combo:

French toast, home fries, and sausage. Price unknown but probably at minimum 17 rubies and 42 four-leaf clovers.

I went with the cheese omelet.

Cheese omelet with home fries and toast.

I opted for a side of bacon, as one always should while enjoying the last moments of vacation.

Our food was pretty tasty and hit the spot before we headed to the airport.

Checkout time was originally 10, but we were granted a late checkout at 11 and stayed until the literal last minute. I could hear the balcony views call for me as we closed the door one final time behind us as we headed to our Lyft to the airport.

Our drive to the airport was pretty simple and we were pulling in a mere 20 minutes later.

After dropping off our luggage, we meandered around the Disney Earport store (Is it still called that? Was it ever called that? Am I having an out of body experience?) and I picked up a few last minute souvenirs. Which I promptly lost a few days after I got home. Ding dang.

We were through precheck in under 2 minutes, even after getting a little extra TSA loving. The regular line for security had only about a 4-8 minute wait, which isn’t bad at all for MCO.

Did I get the front row for the return faux monorail? Oh absolutely dear reader. If you thought otherwise, you are very wrong.

giphy.gif

Mel parked herself near our gate while I went to the Hudson News stand to pick up some snacks for the plane- Dasani for Mel and starburst and a Pibb Extra for me.

We boarded at 1:25, and were taking off at 2:15. They said that there was some new software that slowed things down- which seems like the opposite of what new technology should do. But I digress.

Our flight home was uneventful and I spent the time watching the Corpse Bride and some youtube while I snacked happily on my candy.

We landed at 4:20 and I found it so ironic that the gate we were now entering was the same gate we used for our LA trip in early 2020 (which I have a trip report for! ***link***)

By 4:42, we were grabbing our luggage off the world’s worst carousel ride and heading back to the way less magical land of New Jersey. Traffic was absolutely terrible.

LA traffic karma could be heard triumphantly yelling in the background.

Finally at 6:30, we made it back to my house and Mel headed home shortly after that.

And did I stay home and relax? Nope. I headed back the way I had just come, because I never truly learn my lesson.

Thank you to everyone who read this report! Mel and my next trip is literally within HOURS. HOURS I tell ya!!

I do plan on writing a trip report for that trip as well, and I’ll try to post a link to it here when I get that started. It’s going to be a very different trip, with my sister and her fiance joining us for the first half at Universal.

But I’m excited either way!

Thanks again!

giphy.gif

Enjoying your girls TR! You're too funny! Lots of good food this day. I have to agree about the cookies - they don't look good at all. Also from what I remember, the R&C fish was pretty tasteless. You have another trip coming up fast. Hope you decide to do a TR!

Thank you!! I'm glad you enjoyed!

giphy.gif

The cookies and fish were both terrible. I'm not a picky eater by any means but they were both low, low, loooooow on the good food list of the trip. In fact they didn't even make the list.

1 more day to go!

giphy.gif

I found your TR a couple of days ago and just finished reading. Love your writing style, very funny! You're both super cute. :cutie:
You must be in Florida as I write this! Lucky you! I hope you all have a wonderful time and I look forward to the next TR!! :goodvibes

I found your TR a couple of days ago and just finished reading. Love your writing style, very funny! You're both super cute. :cutie:
You must be in Florida as I write this! Lucky you! I hope you all have a wonderful time and I look forward to the next TR!! :goodvibes

Thank you!!! You’re too kind! We actually leave tomorrow morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter