"The Stormtrooper Killed My Cupcake!" - An August 2016 TR *5/12 x2!*

Day 4, Part 5: "Are we sure this is turkey?"​

After our meet with Baymax it was late in the day and we knew that if we wanted to get a good spot for IllumiNations we'd be almost at the time for staking out a spot. There was only a little over an hour before it began and we decided that we wanted to watch it from Japan.

So, we managed to get on the last boat of the day over to Morocco and then Marie and I split. I headed up to the balcony area in front of Tokyo Dining and Marie went to go and get us drinks from France.

103_zpsjrpv490p.jpg

I sat down and caught up on trip report notes while she was gone and enjoyed being able to just take it easy.

104_zpsuz3uw1wr.jpg

Soon enough, Marie was returning with our drinks.

105_zpsxszpbobs.jpg

Grey Goose slushies forever.

We both agreed on that night though that they were a little light on the vodka, but for the two of us, we'd rather too light than too heavy. I'm a total lightweight and tend to cry, so too light is always better.

Since Marie had gotten the drinks I was sent to go and get the food. I don't have pictures of mine cause the one I took came out terribly, but I got the kid's sized teriyaki chicken with a cookie for dessert and extra cutlery for Marie.

106_zpsjsjsmtiu.jpg

Because Marie was finally going to try one of the world famous turkey legs.

What was her thought? It tasted a lot like ham. Like, super much like ham. It wasn't something she'll be getting again though she did enjoy it still.

After our bellies were full it was almost time for the show to start and the balcony was being filled with other people, so we stood to be able to enjoy the show. As usual, IllumiNations was perfect and I cried.

For the first time in a while, we decided that we wanted to go into Mitsukoshi.

Our focus? Food stuffs.

101_zpsfic2zzek.jpg

102_zpsk3onptr1.jpg

We ended up buying some candy and some panda cookies because I love them. While we were there we chatted with a girl around our age from Fort Lauderdale who was there for the weekend and was very nice.

There was one last thing we knew we wanted to get from Japan though.

100_zpstvrijp1y.jpg

We needed a lucky cat. Of course, these are the bigger ones that we'd have no space for in our luggage.

Instead, we bought a tiny gold one and had it, along with the food stuffs sent back to the resort.

Then we set about to stroll around the World Showcase hand in hand. There is something undeniably romantic about the World Showcase at night and I always am trying to get Marie to stroll hand in hand with me through it.

It usually doesn't work.

To break up the romance, we needed a bathroom stop and since Germany was out of the question as we'd never had a good experience there, we decided to go to Norway.

Did you know they redid the bathrooms in Norway?

They're large and they're gorgeous.

107_zpsrs38icj8.jpg

108_zpsosjcoz78.jpg

Honestly, I will purposefully wait to go to the bathroom in Norway just because they're that nice.

By that point I was also getting a bit chilly, so I put on my cardigan and changed into some pants. Yeah it was August in Flordia and I was putting on pants. I've got no shame.

Armed with more clothing, I was ready to complete our tour of the world.

109_zpsxj7jnt3t.jpg

But I only took one more picture.

C'est la vie.

110_zpsy3bufo47.jpg

Spaceship Earth was looking beautiful again.

We decided at that point to check and see what the wait time was like for Test Track since there were extra magic hours.

111_zpse6tsrqr3.jpg

The wait for standby said only 20 minutes, so we decided to go that route instead of the shorter single rider line as we'd never been through before.

112_zpsoprxuxt4.jpg

113_zpsgget0zwy.jpg

We designed this car. Or, Marie mostly designed it and I added things here and there.

It did end up being about 20 minutes before we were in our car, so there was that.

114_zps8r9o2zoc.jpg

Sitting next to me was the mom from the mother/daughter duo that we'd met at lunch that day, so that was a fun bit of happenstance.

We weren't quite ready to leave at that point and instead we took in a little more Epcot ambiance.

115_zpsehude7ar.jpg

Like the Fountain of Nations.

And Spaceship Earth.

116_zpspfzbwocg.jpg

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

117_zpsgsu2pkxw.jpg

While we were admiring it, we decided that we may as well give it a spin.

The wait time was nothing, so we hopped into line.

118_zpshnpzdw3f.jpg

And learned about the past as well as our future.

119_zpspdfhzegq.jpg

And then grabbed one last picture in front of Spaceship Earth for good measure.

120_zpscl6ufl9k.jpg

After which, we headed to get into the bus line. Of course, people were making up rules for what way lines go again. Some thinking that lines just go straight out instead of following the logical chains set up. It annoyed me but I was too tired to tell anyone off and we did get to sit, so I just rolled my eyes and let it be.

By the time we got back to the resort we were ready to crash for the night and did just that.

Continued in next post

Reactions: DLo
Day 5, Part 1: "I hope you have many more years together."

We awoke early to try and make it to Hollywood Studios, though as usual we were running a little late.

001_zpsr4fzpc5t.jpg

I took a picture of the path over to the bus stop.

002_zpsckfekzmh.jpg

And we waited for a bus to come along.

The posted time was accurate and we ended up waiting about 25 minutes for a bus.

003_zpsabtui2ft.jpg

So we arrived about 30 minutes after opening.

004_zpsfjpijsmq.jpg

I'd be so happy to see this sight today.

We headed into the park and snapped a few pictures along the way even though we were on a mission.

005_zpsddwvvskg.jpg

006_zps7ae3wryv.jpg

Where were we headed?

Let me give you a hint.

007_zpslstkh6se.jpg

Not enough of one?

How about now?
008_zpsmzdcwcm2.jpg

Got it?

009_zpsxsipm1tr.jpg

By this point, even though it wasn't more than 45 minutes past opening, the standby line was already at 80 minutes.

010_zps69dqm00q.jpg

So, we decided to go ahead and just take the single rider's line. A choice that had us on the ride within 15 minutes, not bad at all considering that it's a ride that goes two by two.

011_zpsh8kz3wdw.jpg

Marie had a good time being cute.

012_zpsjm645zy2.jpg

While I was the odd one out of a group of matching shirts.

Once we exited, we decided to get some pictures taken and we were met with an extremely nice photopass photographer. He told us that he was so happy to see a young couple like us celebrating our relationship and mentioned that he'd been together with his partner, John, for 40 years. His name tag said John, so either he was wearing his partner's name tag, or there is a very sweet elderly man named John who has been together with another John for four decades.

Either way, he was a sweetheart and he wished us many more years together before he took our pictures.

013_zpsflulxxvh.jpg

014_zps9xyrt1ao.jpg

015_zpsb7isfoep.jpg

I really enjoy silly pictures like this.

Happy with our photos, we stopped by the Fastpass station so that we could change around our Frozen Sing-a-long fastpass for a Tower of Terror fastpass.

016_zpsisev1ilz.jpg

I love these little Disney details.

Marie decided that we had to stop for her to get a snack.

017_zpsideqmlpx.jpg

So we stopped in here. RIP Starring Rolls.

018_zpsoifbyzc7.jpg

She got a vanilla cupcake with strawberry frosting.

We sat around and she snacked on it, enjoying ourselves before we continued on.

019_zpsq9cll2sx.jpg

I took an artsy shot.

020_zpspjdxfbsl.jpg

And a less artsy shot as well before we went toward the Launch Bay.

021_zpswtecgx4o.jpg

Running into Stormtroopers along the way.

022_zpscrskoz0b.jpg

We decided that we were going to meet Chewie this time around once we were inside.

023_zpsbzyy4myd.jpg

The 20 minute wait listed ultimately ended up being accurate.

024_zpsj9tbg1rq.jpg

I really enjoyed the little no Stormtroopers tag on the podium outside the entrance.

Soon enough, we were inside and able to meet Chewie.

025_zpsblqsxnet.jpg

He's a little strange to hug, I won't lie.

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Day 5, Part 2: "How was Father's Day?"​

026_zpshyrte6qg.jpg

I told Chewie of the Stormtrooper who had killed my cupcake the other day and asked if he would help avenge it. Chewie was very receptive to the idea and assured me that he would.

027_zpsulirafzc.jpg

With that taken care of, we exited.

Seeing that there was only a ten minute wait for Kylo, we hopped in line again.

This is ironic since neither of us actually likes Kylo all that much.

028_zpspkfieqtf.jpg

We got to see the evolution of Stormtrooper helmets though.

And then we were being let in to see Mr. Teenage Angst himself.

029_zpsejq2lu37.jpg

I asked him how Father's Day was for him this year.

Once again, he wasn't too impressed with me.

030_zps2ffvjika.jpg

But I wasn't too impressed with him either.

031_zps1wt91gxz.jpg

So I guess we're even.

Once we'd gotten our meets on, we headed in search of the Jawas.

032_zpsfw2tjk9t.jpg

I found one and struck up a conversation.

Though one thing that struck me is how small they are. I look like a giant next to them.

When I asked how the trades were doing, the Jawa indicated it wasn't going well by drawing a tear.

We did get a fab picture together though.

033_zpswwq8ganx.jpg

So there was that.

We wandered through the rest of the Launch Bay over to look at the different things they had available.

034_zpsslrrdllf.jpg

Art that's too expensive for us, for instance.

035_zpssew5dq7o.jpg

036_zpshesr436j.jpg

And costumes too expensive for us.

037_zps5phtleni.jpg

038_zpsffgxhevp.jpg

I really think about reading some of the Star Wars books sometime. i need to check if there are any in the libraries around here.

After debating for a few minutes, Marie and I decided that we really wanted the Star Wars name badges.

039_zpslsxayx0r.jpg

Marie got hers from Jakku as a rebel because she's in love with Rey and therefore wants to pick like her.

040_zpsf2jt40iu.jpg

I got the Star Tours one because Naboo is an option and I'm in love with Padmé and therefore want to pick like her.

By the time that we'd gotten our badges it was time for our first fastpass, and thus we headed that way.

041_zpsgkwij3wy.jpg

Over to Toy Story Midway Mania.

042_zpsidamhbug.jpg

Where everyone else was also showing up for their fastpasses.

043_zpshgrj7g5v.jpg

I have too much fun with these little guessing things.

We got sent over to the new track, which was pretty exciting.

044_zpsv9qrgn8l.jpg

Although this hallway is kinda creepy in the way it goes on.

045_zpsok2e08x6.jpg

It was our first time seeing these new instruction screens which I thought were very cute.

046_zpsu7qyejb8.jpg

The new track area looks pretty much like the original area, in case you were wondering.

047_zpsyrykdnn5.jpg

Just as cute as ever.

048_zpsdigjndi8.jpg

Like usual, Marie outshot me. No surprise there.

049_zpsnclxamin.jpg

This cute drawing was on the way out.

050_zpsdwwyyw2k.jpg

And this one, which was also nice.

Continued in next post

Day 5, Part 3: "I'm reunited with my food love."

When we'd finished the game, we had to go ahead and make our way to our lunch reservation.

Our plan was to cut through the Streets of America in order to make it in time. Of course, we'd forgotten that the Streets of America were closed and were going to have to go the long way. Which meant we had to hurry.

051_zpsabge6mm1.jpg

I did snap a few pictures though.

052_zps7iahteqx.jpg

I'm very excited for Star Wars land to get done.

053_zpsnuniedav.jpg

When they were doing Pizzarizzo I liked the touches on the construction.

054_zpsjcfsmhj6.jpg

Muppets area is great, as usual.

And then, about five minutes late we finally arrived to our lunch destination.

055_zps0f9wyezq.jpg

Anyone who knows of our touring style should not be surprised that we were doing the Mama Melrose Fantasmic dining package.

056_zpsmktslskd.jpg

057_zpsff6edgut.jpg

Since we were late, it was only a couple of minutes before we were called forward.

058_zpsatoyk0sd.jpg

They brought us our bread to start.

And then Marie and I bought got the caesar salad for our appetizer.

059_zpsznrlfawm.jpg

Of course, we also both got the steak for the main course.

060_zpshxiiqyrc.jpg

I can hear the hallelujah chorus thinking about how delicious this steak is.

I wish I had some right now.

When the desserts were about to come out, I told our server that I didn't care for any of the platter offerings so they only had to send out one of each cause Marie wouldn't be able to eat two sets of desserts.

Our server was awesome though and suggested that he'd bring out some cannolis in a box for me later. I don't really care of cannolis either, but Marie loves them so I took them.

Once we were done eating, we decided that we were going to head back to the resort. First though, we had some stops to make.

Although I have no pictures of this, we went into Tatootine Traders so that Marie could build a lightsaber. She chose Anakin's base but a purple blade.

063_zpsupgsqxlm.jpg

Next, we stopped to get a famous candy apple because we'd never had one. Since, we hadn't, we decided Sorcerer Mickey was the way to go.

Then we stopped for some more pictures in front of the theater even though I will forever miss the hat.

064_zpsiirbkz9l.jpg

065_zpslhgs2eab.jpg

I think we were told to hug and Marie really liked it. So much that we redid this picture in January.

Our final stop was into first aid cause Marie was getting blisters, so we got some gauze and band-aids for those.

With all that done, we were finally ready to leave and head back to Riverside. We waited about 15 minutes for a bus to turn up and then we were back to our room.

We chilled in the air conditioning for a few minutes before deciding that we were going to head out to the pool.

We took stock of our pin trades before that though.

066_zpsfs68bxwb.jpg

These were mine from the day prior.

067_zpsqbecv2ri.jpg

Marie's from that day.

068_zpsjnpwb9nr.jpg

And mine from the day.

I enjoyed being in the pool for a while and even using the slide, but after a little while I was ready to go and lay in the sun.

069_zpsnbhm1bys.jpg

The view of the pool was nice though.

070_zps61g2csym.jpg

With some woods off to the side.

071_zpsjxffegkc.jpg

Marie was sad that I wasn't swimming with her anymore.

072_zpsq4ly0uzu.jpg

Though she cheesed it up for the camera.

And then sent me to go and refill her mug since I was already out of the pool. So, I did go to do so.

073_zpsgc5ymy5h.jpg

It gave me a chance to see this sign and take a picture.

074_zpspai0uljq.jpg

The view outside the food court is nice too.

We relaxed some more for a while before heading back to the room to shower and get ready for our evening.

Click for next post

Last edited:

You succeeded!

"I don't know." But right now she's not thinking about the fact that I make her FP Winnie the Pooh every trip.

:lmao:

It's a strange concept where people plan to just hang at the resort. Marie and I are only now onto it. We enjoy it.

Foreign. Concept.

Fair :P But I'd tell my children they were sick.

:laughing:

"But Mom! There they are! They're going in now!"

Everything is better Mickey shaped!

This is a truism.

I'm always glad to hear that I'm not the only one making this mistake of being sure of what I want to realize later it's not what I want at all.

Hmmm.... In my building we have something like... 400 employees.
The percentage of them that knew what they wanted to do and are doing it?

Probably around.... <1%

It's a bit early to be 100% certain of anything still, but the fact that I am feeling better is for sure.

:goodvibes

I totally forgot that I had to finish the last bit of Day 4, so I just jumped into Day 5. Gotta fix that today.

Take your time. Take care of you first. Unless writing is part of that.... then get off your butt!!

:rolleyes:

You succeeded!
Yay!

Foreign. Concept.
When you have the time, it's lovely to enjoy the resort.

"But Mom! There they are! They're going in now!"
"Nope, nope, they're just seeing the room."

This is a truism.
The truest thing I know.

Hmmm.... In my building we have something like... 400 employees.
The percentage of them that knew what they wanted to do and are doing it?

Probably around.... <1%
Whew, that's a relief. I guess I've just been around a lot of people who were confident in what they wanted and did it.

Take your time. Take care of you first. Unless writing is part of that.... then get off your butt!!
Oh I did it. I got my butt in gear, for sure. Gonna be on top of things.

There was only a little over an hour before it began and we decided that we wanted to watch it from Japan.

Did similar last time I was there.
Not quite the same, but... close by.

I headed up to the balcony area in front of Tokyo Dining and Marie went to go and get us drinks from France.

Something that's much more difficult to do when flying solo.

Cute!

Grey Goose slushies forever.

::yes:: Love those. soooo good.

I'm a total lightweight and tend to cry, so too light is always better.

There's no crying in Disney!

Because Marie was finally going to try one of the world famous turkey legs.

I haven't had one at Disney, but I saw some at our local fair last year.
$20 for a turkey leg?

Well..... I decided to try it. Just one time. I mean... a $20 turkey leg has to be good, no?

Dang it really was.

What was her thought? It tasted a lot like ham. Like, super much like ham. It wasn't something she'll be getting again though she did enjoy it still.

Ham? You sure it was a turkey leg?

For the first time in a while, we decided that we wanted to go into Mitsukoshi.

Our focus? Food stuffs.

Hmmm... Might have to concentrate on that next time.

We needed a lucky cat.

Why?
Not questioning your decision, just curious if there's a story there?

There is something undeniably romantic about the World Showcase at night and I always am trying to get Marie to stroll hand in hand with me through it.

You know... there is. But... since lately I've only done it solo or with my DD....

It usually doesn't work.

poop.

To break up the romance, we needed a bathroom stop and since Germany was out of the question as we'd never had a good experience there, we decided to go to Norway.

Oh? What's the story behind the Germany bad experiences?

Did you know they redid the bathrooms in Norway?

nope

Honestly, I will purposefully wait to go to the bathroom in Norway just because they're that nice.

Gonna be tough when you have to go and you're in AK.

Yeah it was August in Flordia and I was putting on pants. I've got no shame.

C'est la vie.

I see Marie is rubbing off on you.

That sounded dirty.

Sitting next to me was the mom from the mother/daughter duo that we'd met at lunch that day, so that was a fun bit of happenstance.

No way!

While we were admiring it, we decided that we may as well give it a spin.

The wait time was nothing, so we hopped into line.

It usually is.
If it isn't... wait a few minutes and it will be.

Nice pic!

The posted time was accurate and we ended up waiting about 25 minutes for a bus.

This is possible??

Where were we headed?

Let me give you a hint.

007_zpslstkh6se.jpg

Fairfax Fare!

Not enough of one?

How about now?
008_zpsmzdcwcm2.jpg

Oh! Now I've got it.
KRNR The Rock Station.
You wanted a hot dog. Got it.

Yep!

By this point, even though it wasn't more than 45 minutes past opening, the standby line was already at 80 minutes.

Too long. Love that ride, but.... nope.

So, we decided to go ahead and just take the single rider's line. A choice that had us on the ride within 15 minutes, not bad at all considering that it's a ride that goes two by two.

::yes::

:rotfl: You look so scared!

Once we exited, we decided to get some pictures taken and we were met with an extremely nice photopass photographer. He told us that he was so happy to see a young couple like us celebrating our relationship and mentioned that he'd been together with his partner, John, for 40 years. His name tag said John, so either he was wearing his partner's name tag, or there is a very sweet elderly man named John who has been together with another John for four decades.

Either way, he was a sweetheart and he wished us many more years together before he took our pictures.

Awww... nice.

Love that shot of you two.

But this one is fun!!

So we stopped in here. RIP Starring Rolls.

Never went. Was on my list for forever and... never went.

Running into Stormtroopers along the way.

Please note. Don't be fooled just because they're in white.
They're bad guys.

:rolleyes1

Awww..

He's a little strange to hug, I won't lie.

Oh? Why?

Awwww.... again.

I told Chewie of the Stormtrooper who had killed my cupcake the other day and asked if he would help avenge it. Chewie was very receptive to the idea and assured me that he would.

I would hate to be that storm trooper.

We got to see the evolution of Stormtrooper helmets though.

I wish I'd seen that. Would've been interesting to read.

I asked him how Father's Day was for him this year.

:lmao: You didn't!!

Once we'd gotten our meets on, we headed in search of the Jawas.

Wish I'd seen them.
I totally missed the area where they are. I didn't realize there was a whole other section.
Even brought some Canadian trade goods with me.

We did get a fab picture together though.

We wandered through the rest of the Launch Bay over to look at the different things they had available.

And their associated high prices.

I really think about reading some of the Star Wars books sometime. i need to check if there are any in the libraries around here.

I read the original book... back in the 70s. But that's it.

After debating for a few minutes, Marie and I decided that we really wanted the Star Wars name badges.

I like 'em.

By the time that we'd gotten our badges it was time for our first fastpass, and thus we headed that way.

If you'd had FP for RNR, it would've been "thus we walked this way".

It was our first time seeing these new instruction screens which I thought were very cute.

Like usual, Marie outshot me. No surprise there.

Probably cheated.
You're accuracy is higher though.

I'm very excited for Star Wars land to get done.

Have no idea what it's going to be like.
At the very least, it will be interesting.

Had no idea this was there.

My next restaurant in DHS that I need to try.
Done Sci Fi and 50s both a couple of times.

And then Marie and I bought got the caesar salad for our appetizer.

How was it? I remember being very disappointed with mine at 50s.

I can hear the hallelujah chorus thinking about how delicious this steak is.

So it was okay, then.

Our server was awesome though and suggested that he'd bring out some cannolis in a box for me later. I don't really care of cannolis either, but Marie loves them so I took them.

Nice of him.

Next, we stopped to get a famous candy apple because we'd never had one. Since, we hadn't, we decided Sorcerer Mickey was the way to go.

Where is this?!?!?!? I love candy apples (and caramel apples too)

Then we stopped for some more pictures in front of the theater even though I will forever miss the hat.

Ding dong, the hat is gone!....

Whoops! I mean... I'm sorry you miss it.

I think we were told to hug and Marie really liked it. So much that we redid this picture in January.

Cute shot, too. Who doesn't love a hug?

Our final stop was into first aid cause Marie was getting blisters, so we got some gauze and band-aids for those.

Whoa. That's some aggressive hugging.

We chilled in the air conditioning for a few minutes

I see what you did there.

071_zpsjxffegkc.jpg

Marie was sad that I wasn't swimming with her anymore.

She looks unimpressed with you.

Though she cheesed it up for the camera.

Or to entice you back in?

And then sent me to go and refill her mug since I was already out of the pool.

"Well, if you won't join me, go make yourself useful!"

When you have the time, it's lovely to enjoy the resort.

You keep talking about this "time" thing...

"Nope, nope, they're just seeing the room."

Whew, that's a relief. I guess I've just been around a lot of people who were confident in what they wanted and did it.

Most people I know didn't know what they wanted to be when they grew up.

I know I still don't.

Oh I did it. I got my butt in gear, for sure. Gonna be on top of things.

You certainly did!

Did similar last time I was there.
Not quite the same, but... close by.
It's a good place to be out of the way. Plus, if there is a threat of rain, you can avoid it.

Something that's much more difficult to do when flying solo
Yeah, that would be the sad part of solo for me. I can't be in two places at once.

Thank you! :)

::yes:: Love those. soooo good
They are so good. I don't drink a lot, but I make them an exception.

There's no crying in Disney!
I cry during IllumiNations every time, so not quite true :P

I haven't had one at Disney, but I saw some at our local fair last year.
$20 for a turkey leg?

Well..... I decided to try it. Just one time. I mean... a $20 turkey leg has to be good, no?

Dang it really was.
Whew, $20 is a lot, but I'm glad that it was well spent. It'd have sucked if you hadn't liked it.

Ham? You sure it was a turkey leg?
That's what we wondered too, but I tasted it and it really does taste like ham. Maybe because of how salty it is?

Hmmm... Might have to concentrate on that next time.
Japanese treats are really different and good.

Why?
Not questioning your decision, just curious if there's a story there?
We love cats and we need luck! Plus, they're cute.

You know... there is. But... since lately I've only done it solo or with my DD...
Well, that would kill the romance.

Oh? What's the story behind the Germany bad experiences?
It's like every time we've been in it's just a gross mess. I think the beer there doesn't help with that case.

Gonna be tough when you have to go and you're in AK.
:teleport: Teleportation, of course.

I see Marie is rubbing off on you.

That sounded dirty.
:rolleyes1 Only a little.

It's a small world after all...

It usually is.
If it isn't... wait a few minutes and it will be.
We've seen it pretty high sometimes. In January we ran into a 40 minute wait, which was so weird.

This is possible??
It's the saddest possibility

Fairfax Fare!
I do like the food there :P

Oh! Now I've got it.
KRNR The Rock Station.
You wanted a hot dog. Got it.
Not quite yet.

:rotfl: You look so scared!
I was going for a silly face, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it. Mostly cause without my glasses I'm squinty. I know I can keep them on, but a friend once lost a bow she was wearing on it and I'm way too paranoid, so I always remove my glasses.

Awww... nice.
He was a sweetheart.

But this one is fun!!
It's nice to mix things up.

Love that shot of you two.
:thanks:

Never went. Was on my list for forever and... never went.
It was a great place to grab a cupcake.

Please note. Don't be fooled just because they're in white.
They're bad guys.

Thanks for that. I'll keep it in mind. :thumbsup2

Just his texture. Like, he's more solid than you'd expect and kinda coarse as opposed to soft.

I would hate to be that storm trooper.
Don't mess with Chewie.

I wish I'd seen that. Would've been interesting to read.
There are lots of cool things in the lines if you're standing in the right place.

:lmao: You didn't!!
He rudely didn't even answer. Like, here I am, trying to strike up some good conversation but nooo...

Wish I'd seen them.
I totally missed the area where they are. I didn't realize there was a whole other section.
Even brought some Canadian trade goods with me.
You'll know better for next time. But yeah, it's kinda a weird setup when you haven't been through it.

And their associated high prices.
It's Star Wars, high prices are a given.

I read the original book... back in the 70s. But that's it.
I think my mom has some of the novelizations so I'll have to check because I like the added things.

If you'd had FP for RNR, it would've been "thus we walked this way".
:rotfl: Missed opportunity.

Probably cheated.
You're accuracy is higher though.
My arm gets tired. I need to gain some strength, so that I can continue. But my accuracy is almost always higher, I just fire less than she does.

Have no idea what it's going to be like.
At the very least, it will be interesting.
I'm just excited to see what they do with it.

Had no idea this was there.
The area where the construction is used to be where you could meet the Cars and Phineas and Ferb, right outside the exit to MuppetVision.

My next restaurant in DHS that I need to try.
Done Sci Fi and 50s both a couple of times.
We need to go back to SciFi and 50s, but we're always going to Mama Melrose. It's the only Fantasmic package restaurant we want to be eating at.

How was it? I remember being very disappointed with mine at 50s.
We both enjoyed the salads. Marie likes them more than I do, but they were good.

Where is this?!?!?!? I love candy apples (and caramel apples too)
We got it at the Sweet Spells shop on Sunset Boulevard. It's got candy apples, cookies and other treats. Very good.

Ding dong, the hat is gone!....

Whoops! I mean... I'm sorry you miss it.
:sad:

Cute shot, too. Who doesn't love a hug?
A kid in my class actually. We talked about hugs and their importance during child development, and he went on a rant about why they were the worst. So, they exist.

Whoa. That's some aggressive hugging.
I need to be more gentle in the future.

I see what you did there.
In my former life I was a Jungle Cruise skipper.

She looks unimpressed with you.
She was super unimpressed.

"Well, if you won't join me, go make yourself useful!"
Exactly. And I did. I like walking around the resort anyway, so it was a win/win.

You keep talking about this "time" thing...
It's a crazy concept, difficult to grasp, I know.

Most people I know didn't know what they wanted to be when they grew up.

I know I still don't.
Yay! It's like the comfort when you realize that no one else really knows what they're doing either.

You certainly did!
Small steps.

It's a good place to be out of the way. Plus, if there is a threat of rain, you can avoid it.

Good point!

They are so good. I don't drink a lot, but I make them an exception.

This is me. Pretty much exactly.

I cry during IllumiNations every time, so not quite true :P

Okay. We'll make an exception for you.

Whew, $20 is a lot, but I'm glad that it was well spent. It'd have sucked if you hadn't liked it.

I may have tried to get my money back.
But it was really good.

We love cats and we need luck! Plus, they're cute.

Well, that certainly explains it!

It's like every time we've been in it's just a gross mess. I think the beer there doesn't help with that case.

Got it... and.... ew.

:teleport: Teleportation, of course.

Of course.

It's a small world after all...

You did not just do that!!!

It was a great place to grab a cupcake.

:sad2:

Just his texture. Like, he's more solid than you'd expect and kinda coarse as opposed to soft.

Huh.

We got it at the Sweet Spells shop on Sunset Boulevard. It's got candy apples, cookies and other treats. Very good.

Thanks! I've added it to my Disney must do list.

A kid in my class actually. We talked about hugs and their importance during child development, and he went on a rant about why they were the worst. So, they exist.

I'll be darned.

In my former life I was a Jungle Cruise skipper.

I thought I recognized you!

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to let you know I AM reading along, and enjoying your report still. :) Lovely day in both the WS and DHS (was a sad reminder to see Starring Rolls gone!) I've always wondered how folks were liking Mama Melroses as I don't see a ton of reviews on it lately. Glad you enjoyed it!

Holy updates, Batman!

He told us that he was so happy to see a young couple like us celebrating our relationship and mentioned that he'd been together with his partner, John, for 40 years. His name tag said John, so either he was wearing his partner's name tag, or there is a very sweet elderly man named John who has been together with another John for four decades.

Oh my goodness Johnx2?? I love it! I normally wouldn't advocate for people taking each others' last names unless they want to...but in this case I would totally encourage a name change so they could both have the exact same John name. Like, woah.

Thank goodness your cupcake will finally be properly avenged!

Great updates — sounds like a fun DHS day so far. I like seeing the pictures of the Riverside pool area. It's one of the moderates we've never stayed at (though we did stay at POFQ and liked a lot of things about it, despite some of the amenities it has to share with POR.)

Amber, I continue to be amazed at your strength - sometimes the hardest thing to say is "no, I love myself too much"

Seems like a really nice evening in World Showcase - super great plan to watch from Japan and take turns getting drinks/food

I definitely think evening in World Showcase (especially when on the empty side) is just about the perfect place to be with those you love (be it romantic or otherwise)

Also seems like a good start to your day at DHS. 15 minutes isn't bad at all for the single rider line at RNRC

Chewie is a bit of an awkward hug - but we found his meet fun and he engaged my kids pretty well (letting the little one pet his arm to get more comfortable).

I assume you are aware of the Emo Kylo Ren twitter account - particularly his twitter battle with Very Lonely Luke Skywalker

That is a pretty fab photo of you with the Jawa - and I really like your name tags and that you chose the ones you did for specific reasons

I see a lot of not so great reviews of Mama Melrose but I always remember how much you both like it ... I wonder if it is b/c people don't think to get the steak

That was nice of your server to offer up an alternative for the dessert

That is a nice picture of you two hugging.

He told us that he was so happy to see a young couple like us celebrating our relationship and mentioned that he'd been together with his partner, John, for 40 years. His name tag said John, so either he was wearing his partner's name tag, or there is a very sweet elderly man named John who has been together with another John for four decades.

This is adorable and so sweet! Also, I really enjoy the idea that his name is John and his partner's name is John too. There's something super sweet about that!

And then we were being let in to see Mr. Teenage Angst himself.

My favorite description of him.

I adore this picture. This reminds me of all the pictures that we have somewhere of me with the Easter Bunny as a kid (Easter Bunny still freaks me out honestly) but it totally looks like he's saying "you've offended me, stay away from me"

Those are so cute!

Great updates! Oh my goodness the food at Mama Melrose's looks so delicious. That definitely a meal I would order.

This is me. Pretty much exactly.
High five for drinking exceptions at Disney!

Okay. We'll make an exception for you.
Thank you, that's very kind of you.

I may have tried to get my money back.
But it was really good.
At that price, I'd have blamed you if you didn't.

You did not just do that!!!
I did and I'll do it again.
tenor.gif

Thanks! I've added it to my Disney must do list.
I'll be on the lookout for the review ;)

I'll be darned.
There's always someone.

I thought I recognized you!
I tried to stay similar looking.

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to let you know I AM reading along, and enjoying your report still. :) Lovely day in both the WS and DHS (was a sad reminder to see Starring Rolls gone!) I've always wondered how folks were liking Mama Melroses as I don't see a ton of reviews on it lately. Glad you enjoyed it!
That's Steppe, glad to still have you aboard.

Sorry to have reminded you the sad truth on Starring Rolls.

And we always have great reviews for Mama Melrose. It makes our must do list.

Holy updates, Batman!
tenor.gif

Oh my goodness Johnx2?? I love it! I normally wouldn't advocate for people taking each others' last names unless they want to...but in this case I would totally encourage a name change so they could both have the exact same John name. Like, woah.
I know! That'd be so adorable. I hope they both are John and both get the same name and then they could just sign everything John LastName2.

Thank goodness your cupcake will finally be properly avenged!

Great updates — sounds like a fun DHS day so far. I like seeing the pictures of the Riverside pool area. It's one of the moderates we've never stayed at (though we did stay at POFQ and liked a lot of things about it, despite some of the amenities it has to share with POR.)
I'm sure that it has been avenged.

POFQ is our favorite, but POR was lovely. The pool is better over at POFQ. I love Scales the slide so much.

Amber, I continue to be amazed at your strength - sometimes the hardest thing to say is "no, I love myself too much"
:hug: Phil, you are always the sweetest.

I definitely think evening in World Showcase (especially when on the empty side) is just about the perfect place to be with those you love (be it romantic or otherwise)
Agreed, there's something just so special about it.

Also seems like a good start to your day at DHS. 15 minutes isn't bad at all for the single rider line at RNRC
Nah, it's about average for what we've waited single rider at RNRC.

Chewie is a bit of an awkward hug - but we found his meet fun and he engaged my kids pretty well (letting the little one pet his arm to get more comfortable).
Aww, Chewie is a sweethear.t for sure. Just a bit different than I was expecting.

I assume you are aware of the Emo Kylo Ren twitter account - particularly his twitter battle with Very Lonely Luke Skywalker
Emo Kylo Ren and Very Lonely Luke Skywalker are two of my favorite twitter accounts.

That is a pretty fab photo of you with the Jawa - and I really like your name tags and that you chose the ones you did for specific reasons
Thank you!

I see a lot of not so great reviews of Mama Melrose but I always remember how much you both like it ... I wonder if it is b/c people don't think to get the steak
I think it could be that cause Marie wasn't wowed as much her first time going when she didn't get the steak, though her Aunt and Uncle both liked their meals and our friends who didn't get steak also enjoyed their meals. Maybe we're just easy to please, or maybe people need to get the steak to fully appreciate how great it can be at Mama Melrose.

That was nice of your server to offer up an alternative for the dessert
He was very kind. I was happy.

That is a nice picture of you two hugging.
Thank you! Marie actually gave it to my grandma as a Christmas gift because she had no pictures of just the two of us to hang.

This is adorable and so sweet! Also, I really enjoy the idea that his name is John and his partner's name is John too. There's something super sweet about that!
I know! I want them to be the Two Johns in Love.

My favorite description of him.
It's very true.

I adore this picture. This reminds me of all the pictures that we have somewhere of me with the Easter Bunny as a kid (Easter Bunny still freaks me out honestly) but it totally looks like he's saying "you've offended me, stay away from me"
The Easter Bunny is pretty scary, I don't blame you. Kylo likes his space (his outer space :rotfl:)

Those are so cute!
Thank you!

Great updates! Oh my goodness the food at Mama Melrose's looks so delicious. That definitely a meal I would order.
It is great. Next time you go you should order it.

Following along (trying to get better at not lurking)

Kylo Ren meets freak me out almost as bad as the talking Mickey. The photo pass pic of my meet with talking Mickey shows the horror on my face....and I'm 40!! Chewie on the other hand...I LOVE Chewie hugs! I also found out that my natural hair color is wookie.

STUDIO_LBLGHTSDECHAR1_7545595965.jpeg

Glad you feel better after your decision to stop the nursing program. You gotta love what you do, or it becomes just a paycheck.

Agggghhhhh!!!!!!!
I mean, is there anything more Disney than IaSW? Everyone knows it.

Following along (trying to get better at not lurking)
:welcome: It's lovely to have you here!

Kylo Ren meets freak me out almost as bad as the talking Mickey. The photo pass pic of my meet with talking Mickey shows the horror on my face....and I'm 40!! Chewie on the other hand...I LOVE Chewie hugs! I also found out that my natural hair color is wookie.
Kylo is a very strange meet, I've got to say.

And the first time we heard talking Mickey were were so unnerved, so that's not something I can judge you for.

Aww, your hugging picture is so cute! And wookie hair color is awesome hair color.

Glad you feel better after your decision to stop the nursing program. You gotta love what you do, or it becomes just a paycheck.
Exactly, and that might be okay in another type of work, but nursing is really one of those jobs where you have to give a lot of yourself. People depend on you with their lives, it's a heavy burden when you love it, and an impossible one when you don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter