The Running Thread - 2019

QOTD: Not running related, but after the big news was released... When are you going to go see Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studious?!?!?!?!

ATTQOTD: Best case at this moment is June 2020.

I booked our rooms at AKL for a trip September 5-10 about a month and a half ago for MNSSHP thinking there was no chance Galaxy’s Edge would be open considering the room rates that were available. Now, I’m a combination of incredibly excited about potentially being one of the first people there and incredibly anxious about what this is going to mean for crowd levels. I think I’m more excited than anxious at the moment, but this is definitely not something I was anticipating.

ETA: I really thought I had booked a great week for potentially low crowds for both the parks and MNSSHP. I’m pretty bummed that’s completely blown out of the water now.

Last edited:
QOTD: Not running related, but after the big news was released... When are you going to go see Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studious?!?!?!?!

Not for a while. I'd like the crowds to get past the ludicrousness of the first few years and settle back into ridiculousness. Right now we aren't sure when our next trip will be. It might be marathon weekend 2021 but I do want to get down to WDW at some point in 20201 for the anniversary. I love Star Wars but am in no hurry to deal with the crowds.

ATTQOTD: Well, I’ll be doing Dopey in Jan. 2020, so maybe then. But honestly I feel like the lines at that point well stay be more than zi’m willing to deal with. In which case, I’m not sure at the moment when my next trip after that will be.

This is an unpopular opinion, but...never? I’m just not into Star Wars. I’m hoping it will draw lines away from other parts of the parks, but I know it’s going to affect security and entrance lines! Happy for all of you fans though!

I am right there with you. Happy for the fans, but hopeful it'll pull people away from Slinky. LOL. I'll get to see it at W&D though if I decide to even walk through that area. I am hoping it doesn't make that trip absolutely crazy with crowds.

ATTQOTD: I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! I feel like a little kid, I'm so bouncy about it lol! The answer is that I don't know... I'm local enough to do a day trip at WDW, so part of me thinks my best bet could be hitting it while they're not doing FPs, since I'll never get a FP when they do start offering them. But that also puts me in the hottest of the summer heat and I truly cannot stand outside in the midday sun for hours at a time. I'd want to aim for evening/night hours, for sure. I think I'll have a better handle on how things might go after watching what happens at DLR over the summer.

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! :darth:

ATTQOTD: We are going to let it settle down a bit, so this year is out, and next year we have a huge national parks road trip planned that is using our entire year's trip budget, so looking like 2021 for us. We may do annual passes that year however... :)

I am right there with you. Happy for the fans, but hopeful it'll pull people away from Slinky. LOL. I'll get to see it at W&D though if I decide to even walk through that area. I am hoping it doesn't make that trip absolutely crazy with crowds.

I’m really more worried about Disneyland. I’m going this summer, and there are not as many places for the crowds to go!

We were planning on W&D to be the last good run at DHS with the kids for at least a year or two as the crowds are just too much, but we may have to sneek in a summer trip for them get in all of the SDD & TSM they can, I think it will be a more busy park and not any easier to get SDD once SWGE opens. I do not see a kid free time to go until sometime 2020.

Attqotd: Probably thanksgiving with my mother. We have a room booked for Wine & Dine but we aren’t going to run that race anymore so we probably won’t be up there then. Then Marathon Weekend is the next chance

ATTQOTD: Looks like November since I’m doing Wine and Dine with my sister in law. I know it’s going to be amazing but also going to be insanely crowded.

Yesterday’s QOTD: Right now, I do my weekday runs after I get my kids to school in the morning so the time change won’t affect me. My kids are looking forward to have more time to be outside in the afternoon. I never really had an opinion about DST before I had kids. Now I dread it because it always messes with their sleep.

ATTQOTD: Nothing planned until Marathon Weekend 2020 but I have been to the F&W festival every year since 2010 so gotta think we will squeeze in at least another short trip some time in the Fall.

ATTQOTD: I AM SO EXCITED! But also terrified of the crowds. We have a trip booked for early October for F&W, so that'll be the first opportunity. I'm also back for MW in January 2020, so it'll be interesting to compare crowds those times of year.

We're literally at DL less than a week before it opens there, but no way we can (or would) move that trip.

ATTQOTD (yesterday): YES to more daylight after work. Time to fire up the grill.

ATTQOTD (today): I am so out of the loop with what's going on at Disney these days. Probably can't even consider a trip for another 15-18 months with one child graduating High school and another graduating (early!) college in 2020.

Would like to go during a RunDisney event so either a W & D weekend or perhaps when Disneyland has running events again. Is that still in the works ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!