The Running Thread - 2019

ATTQOTD: We won't be back down there (and in the parks) until Dec 2020. None of us are really Star Wars fans either so there's no hype for us.

We will be down there this December for a cruise but no park time.

ATTQOTD Galaxy Edge:
Short answer... Within the next year.

Long answer:
We have a trip “planned” to California in August 2019. Hotels, including one near Disneyland, are booked (no fee to cancel). However, airplane tickets and most hotels are so expensive that we are considering alternative trips at the moment. So we may or may not see Galaxy Edge this summer.

Then, I am planning Dopey 2020 and the closer we get to that and the uglier the winter remains, more and more people (DH and DD13) are considering joining us. For sure, everyone there will want to see Galaxy Edge.

ATTQOTD: just converted our 5 day DL hoppers to annual passes and planned on returning in mid-June with another family. As soon as the news broke we booked out hotel rooms. It’s going to be a madhouse! Definitely going to try to get reservations, but our kids are too young to be that excited.

I'm generally a fan of DST, but I think it starts too early and ends too late. (If I had my druthers, I'd set the changes to be closer to the equinoxes.) It'll make my life a bit more difficult for running, because it'll mean getting up before sunrise to run for a couple more weeks.
I agree. I have enjoyed having some daylight when I walk the dog first thing in the morning the past few weeks and do not look forward to getting up in the dark again.

qotd: no trips likely until my work settles into something stable/can start planning more than a couple of weeks out at a time/can figure out saving up to go :( job limbo sucks.

ATTQOTD (yesterday): I love more daylight in the evening! I am flexible with when I run, but I really love to run as the sun is setting - until it gets stupid hot!

ATTQOTD (today): We already have Nov 1-11 booked at Fort Wilderness for W&D weekend, so I guess we will try to see it then. We are not super fans by any means, but I love anything and everything new at Disney! This project promises to be the most immersive yet!!

QOTD: Not running related, but after the big news was released... When are you going to go see Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studious?!?!?!?!

ATTQOTD: Best case at this moment is June 2020.

I am looking forward to seeing it to see how good of a job they did because the pictures look amazing. But I am not interested in the lines, crowds, or increased prices that are bound to come with this opening.

QOTD: Not running related, but after the big news was released... When are you going to go see Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studious?!?!?!?!

Probably when I run the full in 2023. My wife's family and our family are planning a trip in 2021, but no one is really big on Star Wars. My youngest MIGHT still be kind of sort of somewhat into by then. However, if the crowds are jam packed for SWGE and DHS, we will probably just skip it all together.

ATYQOTD: I'm guessing during Marathon Weekend as that is our next trip after Star Wars Weekend. And maybe in March. Because I have talked DH into a Disney Cruise!!! We are celebrating our 25th anniversary next year in July but it is way too expensive to cruise then. We are looking at March 2nd 4 night Bahama cruise on the Dream. It will be our 1st Disney cruise and our second cruise ever so I am super excited!! Sneaking in a weekend before or after the cruise would be a great time for DH to get to see Galaxy's Edge!

Huge Star Wars fans in our house.

That being said, it will be at least a year after the whole thing is open before I even think of going. Let all the initial hype die down, give Disney time to work out the kinks and effectively manage what will be huge crowds.

ATTQOTD: probably not until 2021, at the earliest. My parents have talked about taking all of us for a big family trip with my nieces and nephews.

ATTQOTD: I'm half contemplating doing Wine&Dine half this year - it would be my first runDisney event in the US - but am now getting a bit scared of how nuts the crowds might be!

On a somewhat related note - if you had to choose between doing the Wine&Dine half (as a first US runDisney event, and probably fitting in MNSSHP and the first MVMCP) and going for Christmas season (and seeing all the gingerbread displays, going for MVMCP, going for Epcot Festival of the Holidays) - which would you choose? As that's my two choices I'm thinking of right now!

ATTQOTD: Planning on doing the Star Wars challenge again next year in April so that will be it. Not sure if I would go to DHS then since it'll still be a madhouse and waiting in line for hours upon hours doesn't exactly thrill me but we'll see.

Fun Friday QOTD: I believe yesterday the Boston Brewing company announced a beer called the 26.2 Brew. Here is a LINK to the story. The question is who is interested in trying one out? If you find them and try it out, please let us know what you think!

ATTQOTD: If I find a 6 pack, its coming home with me and I will report back. It's unlikely we will get it, but I can dream!

This weekend we have the following folks with races:

08 - @tigger536 - Yeti Nightmare 5 Miler (NG / N/A)
08 - @baxter24 - Wrightsville Marathon Madness Glow 5k (NG / N/A)
08 - @Smilelea - Miracles in Motion 5K (34:00 / NA)
09 - Baxter24 - Wrightsville Half Marathon (2:09:00 / N/A)
09 - tigger536 - Yeti Nightmare 10 Miler (NG / N/A)
09 - @cburnett11 - Rodes City Run 10k (NG / N/A)
09 - @Chaitali - Rock and Roll DC Half Marathon (NG / N/A)
09 - @KingLlama - Lucky Leprechaum 5k (NG / N/A)
09 - @Disney at Heart - Virtual Star Wars Half Marathon (NG / N/A)
09 - @kleph - Dash for the Beads 10K (NG / N/A)
09 - @KevM - Winter Pickle Run Trail Series No 3 (NG / N/A)

Best of luck to each of you this weekend! If you would like to revise your goal, please let me know and I will do my best to adjust it. If anyone else has a race to add, please let me know as well and I will get it on this list ASAP. Hope yall have a great race and I look forward to reading how it went!!

Fun Friday QOTD: I believe yesterday the Boston Brewing company announced a beer called the 26.2 Brew. Here is a LINK to the story. The question is who is interested in trying one out? If you find them and try it out, please let us know what you think!

Interesting that you bring this up.
They had 26.2 Brew at the MB Marathon last weekend. People attending the expo were drinking it at the bar. Had planned to get one after the race but sometimes my brain gets "joggled" from the run and I forgot to get my "free" 26.2 beer.

So I have nothing to add except to verify it's a real beer and people were drinking it last weekend.

ATTQOTD:
If it were free at the end of a race, I would drink it. I would not go out of my way to seek it out. I'm not afraid of some salt, sometimes I can enjoy a gose. I am not opposed to a coriander flavor, I think it is summery. I have never enjoyed a low ABV low carb beer, and I am not afraid to drink liquid bread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter