The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like it could be very beneficial. Considering the rumored cost of New Fantasyland was only $600 million, this could have be even more than we are expecting. My question is would this include all of the unannounced additions or just what has been announced

Only.... It should have cost less than that.

Also in comparison TSL is costing less than $600 Million.

is that for all of the Fantaysland expansion? By Disney standards that doesn't seem too out of line considering the development time that went into the Mine Train and the new animatronics that are part of that ... and basically new new mountians/castles with Beast's and Eric's ... plus I am sure the themeing alone for Be Our Guest is quite high

Guess just thinking all the detail, different areas, and new technology for Mine Train I would have expected it to be quite a bit more than for Toy Story Land which, while Slinky Dog is custom it's not really new technology and other than it is a rethemed ride they ported over and a bunch of scenery elelents

is that for all of the Fantaysland expansion? By Disney standards that doesn't seem too out of line considering the development time that went into the Mine Train and the new animatronics that are part of that ... and basically new new mountians/castles with Beast's and Eric's ... plus I am sure the themeing alone for Be Our Guest is quite high

Guess just thinking all the detail, different areas, and new technology for Mine Train I would have expected it to be quite a bit more than for Toy Story Land which, while Slinky Dog is custom it's not really new technology and other than it is a rethemed ride they ported over and a bunch of scenery elelents
I agree but Disney standards are too high. NFL was over budget I believe too.

The track layout for slinky I believe is not custom. The ride vehicles of course are though.

I agree but Disney standards are too high. NFL was over budget I believe too.

The track layout for slinky I believe is not custom. The ride vehicles of course are though.

well, are their standard's too high or just their budgeting not great? I mean, for Everest they spent money sending people over to Nepal to make sure details are correct - that obviously costs a lot of money but is what we expect from Disney

And I thought the track was not a port from somehwere else (definitely not new technology or anything and more like a standard coaster - but didn't think it was an exact duplicate of anything)

So what would that cover?:

Guardians (likely what, $400m for that?)
Ratatouille (maybe $150m since a clone)
UK ride (say, $150m since new but C-ticket)
New Country ($300m? assuming they can't get a country to sponsor)
Space Restaurant ($200m given the technology?)
Re-themeing of Future World (leaves about $800m)

Blimey, to me some of those figures seem high.

If the whole of Pandora cost about $700 million I would be shock if the GOTG coaster comes in anywhere near $400 million.

Personally I don’t think they’ll be adding another country but bolster what’s already there. Mexico ride will get a refurb to maybe COCO. UK will also get its ride but I can’t see anymore except the new firework show.

I’m really hoping for more being added to Futureworld other than just a coaster and new restaurant.

well, are their standard's too high or just their budgeting not great? I mean, for Everest they spent money sending people over to Nepal to make sure details are correct - that obviously costs a lot of money but is what we expect from Disney

And I thought the track was not a port from somehwere else (definitely not new technology or anything and more like a standard coaster - but didn't think it was an exact duplicate of anything)
I have no problem with research trips but it shouldn’t cost 400+ million for toy story land when something like Diagon Alley cost 200+ million.

If the whole of Pandora cost about $700 million I would be shock if the GOTG coaster comes in anywhere near $400 million.

Personally I don’t think they’ll be adding another country but bolster what’s already there. Mexico ride will get a refurb to maybe COCO. UK will also get its ride but I can’t see anymore except the new firework show.

I’m really hoping for more being added to Futureworld other than just a coaster and new restaurant.
You’d be surprised. That GOTG coaster is gonna cost a pretty penny...

obviously just estimates - but for GOTG but given they are clearing all that land and a new show building that is 11 stories high and the talk of all new technology and using all of an existing show building (that isn't small) for pre-show stuff and the queue .... just lines up in my head to be rather pricey for a single attraction

You’d be surprised. That GOTG coaster is gonna cost a pretty penny...
This is the one project I am okay with them overdoing because they need to make sure it's worth riding years from now. There's no guarantee that Guardians will be popular for the long haul and if it is not they need an attraction that will still bring people. I think the popularity of Guardians will rely on the coaster.

While I don't need to re-visit "Enchanted Tales with Belle" we forget the cool effects that I bet cost a mint for even the small things in that attraction. It couldn't be cheap to make talking housewares:)

Ya'll - I just said something nice about a kiddie attraction. Let lose the 4 horsemen.

While I don't need to re-visit "Enchanted Tales with Belle" we forget the cool effects that I bet cost a mint for even the small things in that attraction. It couldn't be cheap to make talking housewares:)

Ya'll - I just said something nice about a kiddie attraction. Let lose the 4 horsemen.

Although perhaps it is fitting that it is a kiddie attraction I have never done as my 3 kiddies have no interest in it :rotfl:

Although perhaps it is fitting that it is a kiddie attraction I have never done as my 3 kiddies have no interest in it :rotfl:

I try everything...I'm slutty like that. Seriously, it's an adorable attraction for small kids if they're not super shy, might not be if they are, but I don't understand kids. Of course, I think the Under the Sea thing is cute, the area in general is excellently executed, even if it is squarely aimed at kids. I haven't seen Ariel's Grotto, but I'm sure it's well done too. All that themeing could NOT have been cheap in NFL. Outside of BOG, it's not just SDMT, which even my cold black heart loves.

ETA: all that to say, I don't think NFL seemed overpriced. It was a big add.

That's one of the few things we've never done (along with the frozen sing along and princess meets).

That's one of the few things we've never done (along with the frozen sing along and princess meets).

It was very new when I visited first (eta, kinda thought it was a ride at that point) and then on a revisit with a girlfriend who insisted we do all Belle stuff (at least I could drink while waiting for her for 50 minutes in France), it appealed to me in the small details which I know were/are industry leading.

I try everything...I'm slutty like that. Seriously, it's an adorable attraction for small kids if they're not super shy, might not be if they are, but I don't understand kids. Of course, I think the Under the Sea thing is cute, the area in general is excellently executed, even if it is squarely aimed at kids. I haven't seen Ariel's Grotto, but I'm sure it's well done too. All that themeing could NOT have been cheap in NFL. Outside of BOG, it's not just SDMT, which even my cold black heart loves.

ETA: all that to say, I don't think NFL seemed overpriced. It was a big add.

They've just always chosen doing other things instead of it ... but one of these trips I will have to put my foot down and insist we try it!

I have no problem with research trips but it shouldn’t cost 400+ million for toy story land when something like Diagon Alley cost 200+ million.

I LOVE Diagon Alley, (and Universal, especially the hotels and express pass) but I thought it cost about twice that and a quick google says I'm *for once!* maybe, possibly right...http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/harry-potter-diagon-alley-orlando/index.html - it still seems like a heck of a deal for $400m, which I believe was your point:)

Always happy to be proven otherwise.

That makes me extra excited!

You can already kind of see what is happening in FW. The East side, with TT, GotG coaster and M:S, is the more thrilling side; whereas the West side has the more family friendly rides like Soarin', Imagination, The Living Seas with Nemo and Living with the Land. Quite the juxtaposition when comparing the two outer halves. I bet that after the multi-year-long redo, the central section with SSE and whatever transpire with Innoventions will most resemble the original Epcot.

I LOVE Diagon Alley, (and Universal, especially the hotels and express pass) but I thought it cost about twice that and a quick google says I'm *for once!* maybe, possibly right...http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/harry-potter-diagon-alley-orlando/index.html - it still seems like a heck of a deal for $400m, which I believe was your point:)

Always happy to be proven otherwise.
I got the two mixed up then. Hogsmeade was over 200 and Diagon was more. My apologies.

You can already kind of see what is happening in FW. The East side, with TT, GotG coaster and M:S, is the more thrilling side; whereas the West side has the more family friendly rides like Soarin', Imagination, The Living Seas with Nemo and Living with the Land. Quite the juxtaposition when comparing the two outer halves. I bet that after the multi-year-long redo, the central section with SSE and whatever transpire with Innoventions will most resemble the original Epcot.
I could not agree with this more. Especially when you look at the rumors of Inside Out going to Imagination I think this is a very good setup of the area. I almost wonder if there would be a possibility of an expansion of the Seas to put in Crush's Coaster. It would be a good beginners coaster for kids and it would still be in that mild attractions area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter