The return of annual passes

As best as I can map these over, these are the price increases. Someone point out if I'm wrong somewhere.

View attachment 600958

Not quite - the $899/$999 for Platinum and Platinum Plus was only for FL residents. The standard price was $1,195 and $1,295.

FL residents are getting the stick here, but for out of town guests $100 isn't a huge difference.

Also remember that there was no regular annual price increase for APs in 2020. So the "original" are 2019 prices.

I just got a survey this past Wednesday about how I perceived the value of my annual pass with a ton of different questions about what I liked and what needed improvement. I'm annoyed now that I spent the time filling that out when they were about to announce this just five days later, meaning there's no way the response data was even considered in developing the new options.
You can bet they're going to use that positive data and apply it to this steaming pile of garbage.

Not quite - the $899/$999 for Platinum and Platinum Plus was only for FL residents. The standard price was $1,195 and $1,295.

FL residents are getting the stick here, but for out of town guests $100 isn't a huge difference.

Also remember that there was no regular annual price increase for APs in 2020. So the "original" are 2019 prices.

It kind of makes sense that they'd charge the same for a resident AP holder for unlimited access as they do a non-resident. After all, a resident is going to make use of unlimited days more than a non resident. I never understood why the pricing was different.

I have a question. It says we can add water park and more for $99. I click on the details and am I reading it wrong? Is it stating that I can only go to a water park 1 time? I am confused because a regular 1 day ticket is $69. Any ideas?

I believe it is per-day. The stipulation for mini-golf states it is one round per day, so I think that's probably a safe bet for water parks too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

"Miniature golf valid for one round. Round must start prior to 4:00 PM. Only one miniature golf visit per Guest per day."

The above makes it sound like only one round but if you keep reading it is per day.

Disney increased AP prices in February 2020. Right before the shutdown.
https://allears.net/2020/02/11/here-are-all-the-disney-world-price-increases-we-saw-today/

I hope so. We are taking a break from Disney this year and visiting Universal in Oct. Buying annual passes for Universal has definitely been discussed.

I’d have to look into it more closely to be convinced Universal is actually cheaper.

Does anyone know if the Sorcerer pass will be available to resale DVC owners?

It has not yet been confirmed as it would be DVC putting out the terms. But, expect it to be the same as before. A benefit for those eligible for membership magic.

Figure the DVC website should have news today or tomorrow.

This is comical. We had our passes from 2018 to 2019, and we calculated that we spent about 30 days in the parks. our normal week of vacation in 2018 and another week in 2019, plus shorter 3 or 4 day trips sprinkled in. All of those trips but one of the shorter weekend trips was in a disney hotel.

We were about to renew them when they announced the price increase last time. Now at $5200 for our family of four.....shove it Disney.

Wow I don’t see how we can continue with platinum level passes as Florida residents. Our last renewal was $813 each for Platinum because Platinum Plus wasn’t available. Before that Platinum Plus was $904 for us. Now the renewal price for the “equivalent” pass is $1104 and doesn’t even include photos or water parks.

So we went from $2712 for Platinum Plus for a family of 3 with water parks and photos included to $3906 if we want the same for each pass or $3711 if just one pass gets photos.

That's a good point. I corrected my spreadsheet.

Did they post the blackout dates? We were ok on the old pass not going in July or Christmas/ spring break. I'm guessing the new blackout are similar?

It will be interesting to see how they handle it. I have a voucher bought several years ago that I have yet to redeem. It's saving me a fortune when I finally do activate it, but I paid for MM so and it should still be included.

Are they going to allow unlimited days for those with a resort stay? I know they aren't at DLR, but thought I had read they were at WDW?
Edited to add: It does look like resort stays can book for their length of stay in addition to the 5 advance days.

I was planning on staying offsite starting in 2022 since once ME is gone there is nothing left for me in terms of perks. Do they consider Swan/Dolphin offsite when making park reservations? That's where I was planning on staying after my December trip, hell of a lot cheaper than a Disney Deluxe, and most of the perks still there as if you were staying onsite.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter