The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thanks for the photos! Such an eyesore - we're bungalow people (family of 6) and all the views I've seen is the tower looming over them like a skyscraper. I'll be requesting the bungalows near the TTC side - which cuts off half the supply. At the ridiculous amount of points it takes for us to stay in the bungalows, the ones right next to the tower are a deal breaker and not the poly vibe we purchased for our trips. Anyone happen to notice if it casts a huge shadow over bay lake?
Of course the Bungalows cut off the water views from a bunch of the original buildings, so everything old is new again.

Thanks for the photos! Such an eyesore - we're bungalow people (family of 6) and all the views I've seen is the tower looming over them like a skyscraper. I'll be requesting the bungalows near the TTC side - which cuts off half the supply. At the ridiculous amount of points it takes for us to stay in the bungalows, the ones right next to the tower are a deal breaker and not the poly vibe we purchased for our trips. Anyone happen to notice if it casts a huge shadow over bay lake?
No bungalows are even close to the new tower plus they face towards MK so I personally don't see the necessity to stay nearer the TTC unless you want to be near the TTC. I am guessing you also mean 7 Seas Lagoon, not Bay Lake. Bay Lake is the lake that CR, WL and FW are all located on. The irony is that the bungalows you love and bought for are considered the eyesore by many. Their addition was probably the biggest visual change to the resort prior to the new tower.

No bungalows are even close to the new tower plus they face towards MK so I personally don't see the necessity to stay nearer the TTC unless you want to be near the TTC. I am guessing you also mean 7 Seas Lagoon, not Bay Lake. Bay Lake is the lake that CR, WL and FW are all located on. The irony is that the bungalows you love and bought for are considered the eyesore by many. Their addition was probably the biggest visual change to the resort prior to the new tower.
It's like having to look at the Magic Kingdom through a picket fence., and it completely ruined that beach.

I 100% agree. When it is finished it won’t be an eyesore.
Love your signatures!! I am hoping the exterior colors and design will be something Polynesian :(. I am still going back and forth if I want Poly resale or direct. We are still 18 months or so from opening. That direct price could really go up.

Love your signatures!! I am hoping the exterior colors and design will be something Polynesian :(. I am still going back and forth if I want Poly resale or direct. We are still 18 months or so from opening. That direct price could really go up.
We recently bought direct while on a Disney Cruise. We have been looking for awhile and decided to use several combine discounts (to include $1K off for being on the cruise) to get direct points. I wanted Poly, but they wanted $270 ish a point! The direct Riviera started at $207 and came out to like $155 ish with all the discounts (Cruise discount, Disney RIV sales promotion, visa card, buy back points, & DVC member referral).
So… I am also waiting for Poly direct with the hopes their initial promos and deals will bring the cost of direct into the $190’s. Unfortunately I really believe the Tower will be a separate association. Bonus of that is that it will be a longer contract, and hopefully have good incentives, negatives are: the chances are very likely they will have the same resale restrictions our RIV points have. But, the way we decided to look at is that we are going into this knowing we will not sell, and most likely give our membership to our kids in 20 years when they have kids.

IDK. The bungalows don’t really bother me that much.
Mikey15‘s picture is beautiful & I kinda like that view with the bungalows in it all lite up at night. (Great picture) During the day from the room it looks different but not that bad, IDT
and I’m sure (or rather hopeful) that the tower will blend in a lot better when it’s done. I hope!

But the thing that still really disappoints me is the lobby redo…after all this time it still makes me sad & nostalgic every time we walk through, it just doesn’t invoke the same feelings of ‘You’ve arrived at the Polynesian’ that the old lobby did. From the moment you walked through the doors it always smelled so lush & tropical and now all you get is a what? A small tiki.

Still love the resort just hate the lobby..it’s so ‘meh’ now, to us anyway.

Will they have boat service from Poly2 to MK?
I don't even see how that's possible. It's not that far from the Poly dock, and I hate that boat service and use TTC anyway. Probably monorail is easiest. I don't see how they can add a monorail stop or a boat stop. Like BLT, probably just use existing stuff.

I agree with others - guests at Poly2 will probably use the same transportation as guests at Poly and PVB, from the same bus stop, boat dock and monorail station.

I’m with you on this. Based on this image I found with the footprint of the tower superimposed, and my blue markups 😅 I think even the farther tower rooms will be similar distance to the dock as existing DVC studios. Monorail too.

483FD875-63EF-4F60-82ED-038F56E2E1E1.jpeg

I agree with others - guests at Poly2 will probably use the same transportation as guests at Poly and PVB, from the same bus stop, boat dock and monorail station.
How might this affect wait times to use these modes of transportation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter