The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since we're talking pools, will Poly2 have access to the regular poly pool (not the DVC pool)? If so, this will be a problem. That place is already too crowded and getting chairs/tables is cutthroat. I can't imagine even more people piling into that area.
If the new tower was not going to have access to the existing Poly pool, I’m pretty sure Disney would not ever use the word “Polynesian” in the context of the new tower. It would be a brand new separate resort, (adjacent to an older resort), with a completely new name.

I know this is just “proposed” and can chage but you can get an idea of the first floor thoughts of the building layout. Do you think there are going to be rooms on the first floor? Looks like there might be a few.
IMG_4078.png

Attachments

• IMG_4078.png
    IMG_4078.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 15
Since we're talking pools, will Poly2 have access to the regular poly pool (not the DVC pool)? If so, this will be a problem. That place is already too crowded and getting chairs/tables is cutthroat. I can't imagine even more people piling into that area.
Last month, we spent a Saturday morning (during spring break!) with perfect pool weather by the lava/water slide pool and it wasn’t that bad — we got there around 10 and quickly found 3 chairs together—the pools didn’t seem that packed and my kids didn’t have to wait long for the slides. I’m not saying it was a ghost town but it didn’t seem any more crowded than Stormalong Bay (in less favorable weather last winter!).

We returned recently from a VGF stay with a little time spent at the Poly as well.
One thing is for sure: while standing around the lobby and pool area, I'd never have had a genuine thought on the order of "hey, what this resort needs is hundreds of additional people using the same beach for fireworks, and the same pool, and the same restaurants, etc). The place has always already been the once I'd cite as having a degree of meaningfully-unpleasant crowding.

But that bustle isn't a con for everybody. If it were, I suppose nobody would live in a big city. We enjoyed the atmosphere at VGF more than ever on this trip, which felt a lot more relaxed by comparison.

It will upset me when the new building is declared a separate association, because the absence of 1BDR and normal 2BDR units was the major con for everyone who opted to buy ANYWAY out of sheer love for the resort -- but with a nagging "ugh if only there were larger units it would be perfect...". Instead of making the experience whole for those who took that leap, they'll be shutting them out.

The other thing I noticed was in what close proximity the tower appears to be to the tail-end of the GF. From a little distance it comes right up upon the GF buildings and in my opinion appears most appropriately an extension of GF than of Poly. Not sure how strange it will appear to have this tropical theming hovering above Narcoossee's and the VGF building.

There is no DVC pool at Poly. All pools belong to the hotel and PVB owners have a right to use them. So, there is nothing yet confirmed, but since this tower, regardless of association, is being added to the resort...there is no reason these guests will be blocked from any of the current amenities.

But, if it goes the same association, then it follows all the same rules and all pools will be accessible to all guests, whether they are staying DVC or cash.
Oh! For some reason I thought the quiet oval pool closer to the DVC buildings was a DVC pool like a lot of the other shared resorts have.

In our experience, the quiet pool is not crowded, but our trip a couple of weeks ago was cutthroat. People put their stuff on our table and sat down without asking. I understand everything else was taken, but we had to sit on our towels, on the ground, before something opened up.

And as someone else mentioned, I can’t imagine how crowded it’s going to get now on the beach for firework viewing as well. Plus ADRs for the restaurants will likely be harder to get.

Oh! For some reason I thought the quiet oval pool closer to the DVC buildings was a DVC pool like a lot of the other shared resorts have.

In our experience, the quiet pool is not crowded, but our trip a couple of weeks ago was cutthroat. People put their stuff on our table and sat down without asking. I understand everything else was taken, but we had to sit on our towels, on the ground, before something opened up.

And as someone else mentioned, I can’t imagine how crowded it’s going to get now on the beach for firework viewing as well. Plus ADRs for the restaurants will likely be harder to get.

VGf is the same way. No offical DVC pool. BLT has its own as part of the condo. BRV pool is a DVC once shared with all guests but the main pool is hotel.

Stayed at the Polynesian Village in the last week and was really taken back by the new DVC Tower... The size and magnitude of the building was significant that pictures have a tough time justifying... Not sure how it will all play out but I would figure this will be a separate condo association simply because of the size of the building...

Stayed at the Polynesian Village in the last week and was really taken back by the new DVC Tower... The size and magnitude of the building was significant that pictures have a tough time justifying... Not sure how it will all play out but I would figure this will be a separate condo association simply because of the size of the building...
Yes, it towers over Poly1. As I mentioned, it takes away from that secluded polynesian island vibe.

I think that the way that they have included the updated language does indeed support the new association. Why? Because they don't need to specifically mention the new tower if it is going to be a new phase of PVB...and they didn't update the documents when they added BPK to VGF because it was another phase.
Sorry. A bit OT but relevant?
Just returned & walked as much as was available. Viewed area from balconies, boats & monorail also.

Have to say, GF Wedding Pavillion is RIGHT THERE & kids will love waving at monorail passengers feet from their balconies 😉 But it WILL BE beautiful in the style of Aulani & other modern hotel towers adjecent to low-profile structures.

Not sure about pool size & area being sufficient for # of guests. PVB 2nd "quiet" pool is much appreciated.

I understand DVC business reasons to make this a separate property.
But for guests, making it all one PVB would create THE BEST WDW Resort, hands down.

My concern is that given the mixed review of DLH (given it’s high MF and ToT) Disney will consider stripping amenities out of Poly2 so that they can keep MF as low as possible and sell faster at a higher price per point.

I really hope I’m wrong because I am about to become a VGF owner and I suspect if there aren’t enough food options, much of the demand will spill over to VGF as well as Poly1. I am thinking we want to pick up another 50-100 points at WDW in the next year. If Poly is one association with additional dining we will probably add 100 there. If Poly is 2 (or doesn’t come with many new amenities) we will likely just add 50-75 at VGF… of course, this depends on me fighting off addonitis long enough to find out!

My concern is that given the mixed review of DLH (given it’s high MF and ToT) Disney will consider stripping amenities out of Poly2 so that they can keep MF as low as possible and sell faster at a higher price per point.

I really hope I’m wrong because I am about to become a VGF owner and I suspect if there aren’t enough food options, much of the demand will spill over to VGF as well as Poly1. I am thinking we want to pick up another 50-100 points at WDW in the next year. If Poly is one association with additional dining we will probably add 100 there. If Poly is 2 (or doesn’t come with many new amenities) we will likely just add 50-75 at VGF… of course, this depends on me fighting off addonitis long enough to find out!

If the design of the building has space for commercial units, it would make no sense for them to leave them empty.

MFs will be what they will be but the fact that a DVC association is already located there, we have a pretty good idea of what MFs might be as a new association.

If it is part of PVB, then it will be rolled into that and the costs will be somewhat contained in terms of increases since there is a cap.

If the design of the building has space for commercial units, it would make no sense for them to leave them empty.

MFs will be what they will be but the fact that a DVC association is already located there, we have a pretty good idea of what MFs might be as a new association.

If it is part of PVB, then it will be rolled into that and the costs will be somewhat contained in terms of increases since there is a cap.
I actually don’t know how the economics work of having retail, dining, etc. inside a DVC unit— you’d think it would be profitable but it’s definitely going to increase insurance, energy, possible other utilities. I do think they could easily change a store to a conference room or sitting area.

I didn’t follow VDH closely, does it have dining in the tower? Does BLT have anything other than top of the world lounge?

I actually don’t know how the economics work of having retail, dining, etc. inside a DVC unit— you’d think it would be profitable but it’s definitely going to increase insurance, energy, possible other utilities. I do think they could easily change a store to a conference room or sitting area.

I didn’t follow VDH closely, does it have dining in the tower? Does BLT have anything other than top of the world lounge?
The commercial units are completely self sufficient...we do not pay any dues to support them, which is why we have no right to access.

Case in point...TOTWL...it is commercial space which is not funded by dues at all...it is leased out to Disney...and why they can use it now as a membership extras lounge and prevent owners from accessing.

No other commercial space exists at BLT....so, in the case of Poly 2, there really would be no benefit to keep any retail shops or dining out of Poly tower...assuming they were expected to go in there, because they will make money for Disney.

If anyone is going to WDW soon, could you post some undated pics of the construction progress?
From what I hear, it is going up fairly quick right now.
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter