The ORIGINAL POP Fridge swap-Closing after 5+ years!!

Dizneydaz -

I have contacted alamo7149 with my contact information and travel schedule. I am confirming my participation in the swap. Thanks

I'm scheduled for the swap on Dec. 19 -23

Chunc

Your PM box is full. I see that 12/20-30/12 is available, I know it's early but can I be added? I have resssie confirmation. TIA!

Yeah sorry about that. My PM box got full yesterday and I didn't see it til now. I have removed a few PMs to make room. I need to go through and combine and store some of my PMs.

Yes, mom2aaprincess you can have it. Send me your info and I'll put you as confirmed. :welcome: again.

Thanks chunc-sent you a PM. Let me know when you are all set with CarrieR too. Thanks.

I know this is way early but I'll be in WDW May 3-10. If the fridge needs a sitter I'm your Diser :)

Was wondering if anyone could take an updated picture of the fridge in the box, for those of us that will be picking it up from LS?
Was the swap successful this past weekend?
Really just bumping this thread up in the hopes we fill the gaps. :)

Was wondering if anyone could take an updated picture of the fridge in the box, for those of us that will be picking it up from LS?
Was the swap successful this past weekend?
Really just bumping this thread up in the hopes we fill the gaps. :)

I have one from Fiestygirl916 on my phone-just have to figure out how to download it. ;)

There was a little problem with the swap on the 10th. Apparently the 2 swappers couldn't meet in person (ALWAYS the preferred method) and now the current swapper is being told that she can't pick up the fridge since her name isn't on it. Only Dizneydaz is. I am waiting to hear back from Fiestyfgirl as to what info she put on the box so I can call POP. I'm sure we'll be back on track, but the current swapper may only get it for a few days. It's my fault for allowing a last minute change. The 2 swappers weren't all set to go and things kind of fell apart.

I'll post when I get us back on track but I'm not worried.;)

After numerous texts between aimo7149 and myself and numerous unanswered texts from another swapper, I finally heard back that aimo7149 was able to get the fridge from Luggage Services!

YIPPEE!:wizard:

All is good and we are on track.

Quick note-if you are going to be there for at least one day as the swapper before or after you you really MUST swap in-person. I try to have one day overlaps for just that reason. I don't really think it's that much to ask that you take about a 1/2 hour out of your day to meet in-person. It's the least I ask so the swap runs smoothly. There's a reason that my swap has lasted over 5 years.

One swapper who fails to do as they promise causes numerous problems. I really don't like having to call POP due to swappers not connecting.

Thank you, that's the end of my rant. ;)

I do have a new photo of the fridge but it's sideways and I can't turn it. :confused3

Basically it looks the same as in the first post with the exception of there is less green duct tape and more gray duct tape. I reinforced all corners of the box when there in October with the gray tape. I also attached another page protector on another side of the box so there can be 2 signs for the next swapper. The DIZNEYDAZ/POP sign is still on the box. That's about it.

After numerous texts between aimo7149 and myself and numerous unanswered texts from another swapper, I finally heard back that aimo7149 was able to get the fridge from Luggage Services!

YIPPEE!:wizard:

All is good and we are on track.

Quick note-if you are going to be there for at least one day as the swapper before or after you you really MUST swap in-person. I try to have one day overlaps for just that reason. I don't really think it's that much to ask that you take about a 1/2 hour out of your day to meet in-person. It's the least I ask so the swap runs smoothly. There's a reason that my swap has lasted over 5 years.

One swapper who fails to do as they promise causes numerous problems. I really don't like having to call POP due to swappers not connecting.

Thank you, that's the end of my rant. ;)

I do have a new photo of the fridge but it's sideways and I can't turn it. :confused3

Basically it looks the same as in the first post with the exception of there is less green duct tape and more gray duct tape. I reinforced all corners of the box when there in October with the gray tape. I also attached another page protector on another side of the box so there can be 2 signs for the next swapper. The DIZNEYDAZ/POP sign is still on the box. That's about it.

:thumbsup2 So glad to hear we're back on track!! :yay: Thank you so much for all you do to keep this swap going. I truly believe the swap would have never lasted this long if it weren't for the fact you immediately step in when there's an issue.
Merry Christmas to you and your family! :goodvibes

Hi. I'm sorry, I don't have enough posts to PM you. We will be at the Pop 1/1/2012 - 1/6/2012. I see that the fridge and other items are available 1/1-1/5/12. Can I join the swap? I can hopefully do an in-person swap.

Thanks,

Jen

Hi. I'm sorry, I don't have enough posts to PM you. We will be at the Pop 1/1/2012 - 1/6/2012. I see that the fridge and other items are available 1/1-1/5/12. Can I join the swap? I can hopefully do an in-person swap.

Thanks,

Jen

Yes you can. :goodvibesYou will need to get your posts up to 10 to do PMs. It's the best way to communicate with all involved. My suggestion is to read a few TR (trip reports) and post a comment or question. Writing TR takes time and everyone appreciates comments. ;) Once you have 10 posts send me your info by PM (full name, ressie #, check in and out dates with approx. times and contact # while at POP). I will add you to the list and you can contact your 2 swappers.

Time is of the essence since Carrie R is arriving on 12/26 and all must be set up before she leaves.

:welcome:

(after you reply to this post you only have 6 more to go!);)

Ahh...I just tried to sent my info to CarrieR, but she has no more PM space. It seems I may have a swapper directly in front on me now. I'll keep tuned...:goodvibes

Thanks for keeping the swap going, Dizneydaz!

Ahh...I just tried to sent my info to CarrieR, but she has no more PM space. It seems I may have a swapper directly in front on me now. I'll keep tuned...:goodvibes

Thanks for keeping the swap going, Dizneydaz!

See, that's the way it always seems to work! just when you thought you were all arranged someone new slips in!

Love filling those gaps!:goodvibes

Okay everyone-I may have some bad news to report.

As of now the fridge isn't working. :confused3Aimee used it and it was working fine then it just stopped. She swapped with chunc who has reported to me that she can't get it to work either.:scared1:

I've looked online for possible solutions and it may be that needs to be reset (though Aimee couldn't locate the reset button) or it may just need a fuse.

I'm waiting to hear back from chunc as to the model number. I know it's by Haier but I don't have any other info. If I have more info I may be able to suggest some options.

It's very frustrating trying to figure what's wrong with it while I'm in California 3000 miles away. :confused3

If the fridge is truly DOA then this swap will be officially over 5-1/3 years in operation.

UNLESS someone wants to DONATE a fridge to my swap, that is! ;) I can't since I honestly don't know if I'll be using it myself again last year and while I have enjoyed organizing my swap since August 2006 I'm not going to pay for a fridge for the opportunity to continue.

SANTA, are you listening? :santa:

I will report back here when I know more.

Keep your fingers crossed! :wizard:

Yikes!! Hopefully it is an easy fix like the reset switch or a fuse! Either way....thanks for leading this swap for so long Dizneydaz! I have had the opportunity to use it twice and on the list for a third time.

Okay everyone-I may have some bad news to report.

As of now the fridge isn't working. :confused3Aimee used it and it was working fine then it just stopped. She swapped with chunc who has reported to me that she can't get it to work either.:scared1:

I've looked online for possible solutions and it may be that needs to be reset (though Aimee couldn't locate the reset button) or it may just need a fuse.

I'm waiting to hear back from chunc as to the model number. I know it's by Haier but I don't have any other info. If I have more info I may be able to suggest some options.

It's very frustrating trying to figure what's wrong with it while I'm in California 3000 miles away. :confused3

If the fridge is truly DOA then this swap will be officially over 5-1/3 years in operation.

UNLESS someone wants to DONATE a fridge to my swap, that is! ;) I can't since I honestly don't know if I'll be using it myself again last year and while I have enjoyed organizing my swap since August 2006 I'm not going to pay for a fridge for the opportunity to continue.

SANTA, are you listening? :santa:

I will report back here when I know more.

Keep your fingers crossed! :wizard:

Oh that is bad news :( Crossing my fingers! And hoping for some good news!!

Apologies, I've cleared my inbox!

I will PM the swapper after me -- I plan on picking up the fridge and seeing if I can get it to work. I am a bit handy, so I have a smidge of hope. Question: is there a screwdriver or similar that might be helpful for me to take, in order to investigate the innards? I can pop out first thing on the 26th before I catch my flight if there's a tool needed that I don't have.

PM'ing the poster who is following me to get her info now. (So sorry I'm behind, it's been a whirlwind month on my end!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter