The One With All The Birthdays - PTR

Be careful about TOTWL. I don't know what the rules are about taking up guests who are not DVC members?

Must eat food

Cream puff in Kringla bakery (new!) School bread for Sy

Napoleon in Starring rolls

Dole whip (like, der!)

Funnel cake.... mmmmmm

Strawberry shortcake from sunshine seasons

Anything from Karamel Kuche...

Caramel popcorn?

Caramel apple tart?

Caramel apple?

Caramel marshmallow swirl?

Caramel vanilla fudge? I might have to make more than one stop here... (new)

Waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow (new) not sure if I'm brave enough to try the chicken...

Cronut - a weird one for me as I'm not a huge cinnamon fan however I just gotta try it cause it involved 2 of my favourite things :D (new)

Jalapeño cheese pretzel

Beignets from Port Orleans (new)

Food and Wine Must Eats

La Passion Martini Slush - France

Gratin de crozet de savoie (pasta with cheese & mushroom) - France

Pavlova - Australia

Potato & Leek waffle with beer braised beef - Belgium (Sy can eat the beef)

Pao de queijo (Brazilian cheese bread) - Brazil

Chicken potstickers - China

Schinkennudeln (pasta gratin with ham and cheese) - Germany

Filetto di pollo, con fungi al marsala (chicken with mushrooms and marsala sauce) - Italy

Teriyaki gyoza bun (steamed bun filled with chicken, vegetables and sweet teriyaki sauce) - Japan

Fried chicken chunks with dole pineapple and sweet & sour sauce - refreshment port

Lemongrass Chicken curry with coconut and jasmine rice - Singapore

I must stress that these are the things I must try, we may well end up stopping at every booth round world showcase if Sy has his way ;)

Wow wow wow
your snack list looks amazing!
I am going to be stalking your trip report at this rate lol ;)
Where sells the cronuts?
When we last went we had funnel cake and ours had been way over cooked which was such ashame...i look forward to trying it again though!
xx

Wow wow wow
your snack list looks amazing!
I am going to be stalking your trip report at this rate lol ;)
Where sells the cronuts?
When we last went we had funnel cake and ours had been way over cooked which was such ashame...i look forward to trying it again though!
xx

You get them in Epcot around world showcase at the refreshment port, turn right towards Canada and it's just before you get to Canada on the right :)

I take a lot of food pics, don't worry hehehe ;)

Another update

There has been yet more tweaking! I know, I'm a huge tweaker... I'm sure the plans wont have seen the last of my tweakings hehehe

I now have Fastpasses - Woohoo! Will post the updates daily plans shortly.

Managed to book the Spanish Cheese Seminar for Sy, Cliff and Bill, us ladies will head off shopping that morning.... will take the credit cards with us ;) Booking it, well, that was a mission in itself! Started by calling the hotline over and over in the 5 minutes running up to opening and then as soon as lines opened I had a recording telling me I had longer than a 30 minute wait - Whit?! An hour later I had 3 spaces booked. This is a surprise for both dad's as its their birthday a week or 2 before we arrive in Orlando (their birthdays are a day apart, yes its always an expensive week lol).

I had to cancel our Beaches and Cream ADR :( found out 'someone' was going to be there with an ADR 30 mins apart from ours... Don't fancy being there at the same time. Sad to lose yet another ADR though :( but better to do that than feel uncomfortable.

Bought Sy's suit today, he's gone with a beautiful blue and white seersucker suit that's being sent to us from... erm. Michigan. LOL I would have had it sent to our friends in Orlando but it was free shipping so we may as well have it sent to us so he can try it on before we go.

I have my dress!! It was in the shop a few weeks before I could get it, it was 4 hours drive away (it was from my friends shop), I was going to go up and pick it up myself and see her but she's not very well and gone on sick leave after an operation and so I didn't want to bother her. Instead I got Sy's best friend to pick it up for me and bring it down last weekend. All I can say is that I'm in love :D his friend was sooooo late getting to our house and we had to get going to a birthday party right away so I didn't even get to try it on! It was TORTURE!!! However we got back at 1:30am and the first thing I did was strip in the kitchen and try it on :D (don't worry, I sent the men out the room first lol) I was SO relieved to find that, it FITS!!! I ordered a size smaller than I needed as it fitted on the top but pulled over my derriere* I think I'm going to start doing a Monica and do the washing up wearing it... (afterwards of course ;) ) Would anyone like a picture? (of me in the dress, not of me in the dress doing the washing up lol).

*I totally urban dictionary'd a word to use right there that wasn't rude, the BEST word it came up with was Badonkadonk pahahahahaha! Sy and I had great childish laughter at that one!

Tickets have now been officially purchased for MNSSHP, 21st here we come! Also we are doing it with Anne and Cliff (my parents aren't really 'halloween people' so they are gonna have the evening to themselves).

Also bought today; Memory Maker! So looking forward to all the ride pictures :D

Esta has also been done today (to my US friends, if you don't already know, we have to buy a visa waiver online for $14 to be able to visit your lovely country).

4 tops have been bought, 2 that I'm going to put gems on (not sure what to write yet, still his mrs and still her mr are high on the list) and 2 that are going to have transfers on them that say 'my favourite disney prince is my husband' and 'my favourite disney princess is my wife'

I swapped our booked spa day from Senses at the Grand Floridian to the Mandara Spa at the swan and dolphin. I have to say, this was influenced by my trip to the Senses spa in June... Plus I then saw the Mandara spa had an offer of 30% off all treatments. Plus the pictures look lovely :)

To Do List

As the holiday approaches this list tends to get bigger as I add in all the little things... for now it looks manageable but there's loads of time for mad panic yet ;)

Finish my dress & start my skirt. I have bought fabric to make a new skirt which I haven't even started, and I have a dress all cut out and half made, I just need to finish. Unfortunately I made a bit of a mistake and need to cut 2 of the pieces out again (dammit!!)

Need to finish making our MNSSHP outfits... to finish Sy's, need to make flag for backpack, get fishing net, make sash and iron or glue on the Wilderness Explorer badges. For mine, need to sew feathers on the front of the top (made the top already), make tail (have loads of feather boas) and make headband with blue feathers sticking out.

Take straps up on Renewal Dress.

Finishing touched on my bouquet, finish making buttonholes.

Sort wedding picture in a frame to take with us for pictures (then and now kind)

Sort 60th cake for Sanaa (have pictures ready but its still a bit early to contact Disney)

Book Golf (leaving this to Sy, hence why its STILL not done, I swear I have never met such a laid back person, he leaves everything to the last minute and it drives me INSANE!)

Make the Disney t-shirts.

Buy Sy a shirt & tie for Vow Renewal.

Make some more renewal decorations. Possibly some bunting?

Sort holiday insurance (this will be tomorrow's job me thinks)

'I still do, Me too' signs to pose with.

Updated plans

10th Friday
Arrive at airport hotel, arriving early with mum, plan to have a swim in the pool before heading down the road for dinner.

11th Saturday
Flight 12:30pm Heathrow to Miami
Pick up car hire (aka, the Beast) in Miami
Overnight Miami Homestead
Dinner (maybe longhorns as it's close by)

12th Sunday
Free breakfast in hotel
Check out & Drive to Key West
Stop on route at deer nature reserve, Islamorada for tarpoon feeding & Anne's beach
Check into key west hotel in the afternoon
Get dinner and visit sunset pier, fogarty's/ amigos tortilla bar both look good in the area
Visit shop for drinks and nibbles.

13th Monday
Key west tram tour inc hemming ways house
Benihana dinner
Drag show maybe? Unsure of this as only found one and it has a min drink order, and seeing as both me and my mum cant drink not sure how it would work.

14th Tuesday
Visit Southernmost point
Wander round Key West
Blue heaven for key lime pie
Historic sea port for dinner

15th Wednesday
Check out of hotel
Stop in Everglades to do airboat trip or do boat trip round ft Lauderdale, need to decide which.
Stop over in Ft Lauderdale
Dinner - possibly texas de Brazil? Or chima Brazilian, Both look good.

16th Thursday
Have breakfast in/near hotel
Drive to Orlando (3 hrs on turnpike)
Check into AKL, room might not be ready so will leave bags with bellhop in that case
go to Walmart to buy supplies for the room.
Bring shopping back to room, unpack cases & sort shopping
Change car for smaller at Disney car centre (bye beast!)
Sanaa 6:55pm
Swim at hotel/or park if we aren't too tired
Pick up Hoop De Doo tickets (yay!)

17th Friday
Whispering Canyon Cafe 8:35am
Magic Kingdom morning & afternoon till about 2/3pm
fast passes for Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Jungle Cruise (also plan to visit Tiki Room and Liberty Square. Could get baked potato if hungry for lunch)
Back to room to rest & chill out.
5/6pm head to Hollywood studios Fantasmic (7:30pm)
Dinner offsite, Choose from Tony Roma's, Kobe, Hash House a go go

18th Saturday
Breakfast in room
Cheese seminar 9:30am arrive (boy)
Shopping morning (girls)
Animal kingdom late morning & afternoon
Fastpass for Lion King, Dinosaur & Kali
Yak & Yeti dinner 5:15pm
Chill at the hotel in the evening

19th Sunday
Sunrise Safari (includes breakfast)
Rest lunchtime
Epcot afternoon
Fastpass for Spaceship Earth, Test Track & Figment
Via Napoli 7pm

20th Monday
Marceline tour (7:45am!! yikes!)
Lunch be our guest if can get fastpass (try for 12pm)
Leave MK after lunch
Afternoon pool & rest
Culinary food tour of AKL 4pm
MK evening
Fastpass for Belle, Dwarves & Wishes

21st Tuesday
Hollywood studios morning till about 1:30pm
Fast passes ToT, Muppets & TSM
Afternoon tea garden view tea room 2:35pm
Change at hotel for MNSSHP

22nd Wednesday
Head to Celebration for a few hours
Breakfast Celebration Tavern
Head to Walmart to pick up a few things/
Golf/spa
Epcot (EMH)
WDWFGU meet up
Fastpass for Soarin', meet Disney pals & Nemo
Smash mouth eat to the beat, 6:45, 8pm
Dinner at food and wine booths

23rd Thursday
Vow Renewal day :D
Grand Floridian Cafe breakfast 9:30am
Back to room to get ready & dress the room
Ceremony at 2pm
Pictures at AKL & somewhere else... (TBD)
Hire a boat on seven seas (Weather permitting)
The Wave 6:35pm
TOTWL
Hallowishes on at 9:30pm
Desserts & cake from 8:15pm

24th Friday
Breakfast in room
Typhoon lagoon 10am opening
Epcot future world evening
Fast pass Soarin', Nemo and turtle talk
Coral reef 8:35pm

25th Saturday
Breakfast in room
Animal kingdom
Fast pass Minnie & Mickey, finding nemo & tough to be a bug
Lunch restaurantosaurous
Rest late afternoon
Wagon ride at pioneer hall $8 each
Hoop de doo 8:30pm

26th Sunday
1900 Park Fare 10:40am (brunch)
Magic kingdom daytime
Fastpass Anna & Elsa, Buzz & Monsters inc
Yachtsman's steakhouse 7:30pm

27th Monday
Breakfast in room
Check out of AKL by 11am
Check into VGF
Visit MK
Fastpass for Tinkerbell, Mickey & Journey Little Mermaid
Swim by the pool for an hour or so?
Parents leave by 5pm
Pick up car at Disney car centre
Epcot evening
Graze round the world
Wilson Phillips eat to the beat

28th Tuesday
Breakfast on route or in room
Arrive early at Seaworld
Seaworld all day (expect it to be a long day!)
Dinner offsite or take away in room

29th Wednesday
Breakfast in room
Blizzard beach
Welcome home Wednesday possibly
Epcot fastpass Soarin,character meet, spaceship earth.
Carrie & Mark dinner? Teak neighbourhood grille

30th Thursday
Ohana breakfast 8:55am
Fastpass dwarves, Cinderella & Rapunzel & Haunted Mansion
Golf cart for the day at Fort Wilderness to explore the resort & use pools hopefully (need to ask at reception in case they are busy)
Trails end 4:55pm (with Karen & family)
Campfire with chip and dale 7pm

31st Friday
Breakfast in room
Epcot
Fastpass meet Mickey, Test Track & Figment
Chefs des France 12:40pm
Back to hotel after lunch to get ready for Halloween party at friend Carrie's.

1st Saturday
Kona cafe breakfast 10am
Animal kingdom
Carrie & mark for dinner?
Hash house a go-go/Tony Roma's
MK EMH till midnight
Fastpass Wishes, Splash & BTM

2nd Sunday
Breakfast in room
Hollywood studios
Fastpass Indiana Jones, TSM & ToT
Counter service lunch
Meet up with Diane and Adam
Big river grille dinner at the Boardwalk

3rd Monday
Breakfast in room
Explore the hotel, use pool (maybe some shopping!)
Epcot afternoon & evening
Fastpass Spaceship Earth, Test Track & meet Disney pals
Kiss round the world <3
Tokyo dining dinner 7pm
Boyz II men eat to the beat WOOHOO!

4th Tuesday
Check out :(
Breakfast possibly in room.
MK
Fastpass Monsters inc, Anna & Elsa & Dwarves
Back to Grand Floridian to pick up bags
Head to the airport & drop off car.
Dinner at Outback in the airport
8pm flight from MCO

5th Wednesday
9am Arrive home to Gatwick

Wow wow wow...sounds like your plans are coming together lovely!

Yet for the dress...the best part I say!

Xx

I'd love to see a pic of your dress Robyn :thumbsup2

What a shame you had to cancel your B&C reservation :sad1:

A wee update from me

I've been SHOPPING! And making... Just had to do an update with these gorgeous T-shirts :D Both of these are gonna have some alterations doing, I don't like how high neck they are, especially the Olaf one, they feel like they are strangling me! Going to make Olaf a slash neck and think I might make the Mickey into a vest top... Still working on that one.

And these next 2 beauties are a home made creation. Okay, my part was just ironing on the transfer to the t-shirt... One lovely friend made the design, the next lovely friend made the vinyls and I picked up the t-shirts and then ironed them on. Aren't they just soooooooooooo pretty?!?!!

Also Sy's suit arrived today! He's in the office today so he hasn't tried it on yet but I already know that they have sent the wrong size as it says on the trousers :( and they are a size smaller. Grrr! I've emailed the company but not heard anything back yet however we are 5 hours ahead here so maybe they haven't read the email yet. Just annoying that I have to sort it out.

Also I have booked a trip to the West Coast! Unfortunately that means on our first day at Disney I'm gonna have to be up early trying to book us into Grand California... nearly all the nights we need are available right now but I have just over a month to go so lots can happen in the mean time. Fingers crossed.

That's all to update with right now I believe, best get back to that sewing machine...

oh and, here ya go....

excuse the bad lighting and weird angle, it was 1:30am by the time we got back from the party lol

Oh Robyn I looooove your dress :thumbsup2 it's such a pretty colour :love:

Hope you get Sys trousers sorted ASAP :scared1:

Lovely plans Robyn :goodvibes

I have also found your TR's on WDFGU and had a read of the one where you went on the Dream as we have just booked to go on the Dream next Christmas!

Looking forward to reading more :thumbsup2

Claire :)

Lovely plans Robyn :goodvibes

I have also found your TR's on WDFGU and had a read of the one where you went on the Dream as we have just booked to go on the Dream next Christmas!

Looking forward to reading more :thumbsup2

Oh wow! Bet you're excited :cheer2: I hope you get the chance to dine at palo, we are still talking about it 2 years later ;) and the adults only beach.... Oh it was heaven :D

A wee Update

Eeeeeeek! I go to THIS MONTH! I don't care how many time I say it, it just doesn't get old ;)

Not only do I go THIS MONTH, but my countdown app now says 9 Day 23 Hours and 55 Minutes. Is that an indication I need a Single Digit Dance? Hell, I'm gonna take it anyway :D WOOHOO *boogies around the room with the cat*

Updates?

I've had another play with the itinerary (of course, I am a sufferer of tweakism so I cannot be blamed for my actions ;) ) We are now eating at 1900 our first morning again, yay! I couldn't get in after that evil thing cancelled our ADR's but after a long time of stalking a cancelled reservations thread on another board, I got in :D I've also managed to nab a Be Our Guest fastpass lunch for the day we are doing the Marceline tour :)

Sewing; I am almost done! YAY! I finished my Kevin costume, my dress and my t-shirts that I wanted to fiddle with. Also finished my skirt and Sy's Wilderness Explorer sash. The only thing left to do is my Vow Renewal dress - I need to take up the straps and add a bit of floatiness at the back (only way to describe it, honest!). My mum is coming over today to help me with that so hopefully it will be all done by tonight and I can *finally* put my sewing machine away (well till we come back from the trip and I start on a dress I want to make for a Christmas ball that we are going to, wish me luck with that one... :-/)

Here's some pictures of the stuff I've made...

The skirt pic is before I did the hem, hence the length (sorry about the mess behind too, that's all sewing mess!)

That's my Kevin - not gonna be wearing it with the leggings, socks or vest underneath though lol I'm not sure it works as a complete outfit lol

Cake for Sanaa is sorted :D I've been in touch with the pastry chef over there and she's making a lovely cake for my parents and Sy's mum to celebrate their 60th birthday's.

I feel very happy as far as the to-do list goes, I have been nicely ticking things off (anyone else do this and get a great satisfaction of ticking stuff off as it gets done?)

As it stands today my to-do list looks like this...

Pack. The cases are coming down from the loft today! Woohoo!!

Finish Flowers (I've made myself a bouquet and buttonholes for the guests but they need finishing)

Just married again t-shirts. I've got the gems but I need to spend a few hours arranging them and ironing them onto t-shirts.

Decorate Magic Bands. I've had a first attempt and I'm fairly happy but I've ordered some nail varnish pens so I can do more detail.

Print some pictures of our wedding. I want some to get some pictures of us holding a picture of us on our wedding day on our vow renewal day :D

Hot glue Wilderness Explorers badges onto sash (sewing didn't work).

Alter dress (hopefully can tick this off today!)

Buy SD cards for camcorder.

Grab the last few bits for Sy's outfit, need fishing net, trumpet and balloons.

There will be the odd thing that gets added to the list, stuff like 'change beds' and 'clean bathrooms', I'm a mad cleaner when we go away, gotta leave the house nice and clean for the robbers right?? LOL I dunno why I clean everything to within an inch of its life but I still do it every time...

Anyway, that's all for now, mum will be here in a min for dress alterations. TTFN!

I've just come across this, will have a read back.

Have you lost weight, looks like it since your last report *Haha stalker alert!*

Love the wedding pic idea, so sweet.

And I'm with you on the cleaning, not sure why but everything has to be sparkling and it isn't normally! I think for me it makes coming home the tiniest bit easier knowing nothing needs doing.

I've just come across this, will have a read back.

Have you lost weight, looks like it since your last report *Haha stalker alert!*

Love the wedding pic idea, so sweet.

And I'm with you on the cleaning, not sure why but everything has to be sparkling and it isn't normally! I think for me it makes coming home the tiniest bit easier knowing nothing needs doing.

Awwww I love you haha yeah I have been trying to lose weight, it doesn't come off fast cause of being poorly but I'm trying my damn hardest ;)

Yeah I think it makes come home easier. I don't wanna have to clean the house from top to bottom as soon as I get in so least if I do it before I go I can veg on the sofa for a few days feeling sorry for myself lol

Not long now Robyn :wave2:

I love you Olaf shirt! Can't wait to read all about your trip :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter