The Official What's For Dinner thread:Thursday 1-24-08? Recipe finder in OP. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for starting this thread! Lately it's becoming such a challenge to figure out whatI'm going to cook every night. We are having muffalettas tonight. DH is working late and I about killed myself last night with the fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and broccoli. :faint: I will NEVER do that again on a week night!

Great idea about the What's for dinner official thread! :thumbsup2

I have no idea. I don't eat meat anymore so it's a lot more difficult to figure out what I'm going eat now. :)

For some reason I'm craving pancakes? :confused3 :rotfl: I think I'll have pancakes.

We are having a Ham and Broccoli ring. It is easy and the kids all like it.

We had an awesome Mexican Lasagna last night. I think I actually made it right--after several failed attempts.

I have to figure something yummy for St. Patty's day. I do not like corned beef (or the way I make at least). So I will be thinking about that tonight.

I have no idea what to have! DH was supposed to go out with people from his office because someone is leaving but those plans got cancelled....I was supposed to go to Panera with my mom but she got tickets to see Phantom tonight so she cancelled on me....DH just asked me what we are going to have now that our original plans fell though and I just don't know.....but I am hungry already....not good....

WFD tonight?

We are having homemade pizzas tonight with turkey pepperoni, Italian sausage, black olives, and mushrooms.

What are you having??

I'd kind of like to go find a fish fry somewhere (that's the best part of Lent for me :teeth: ).

I'm making a mashed potato-stuffed meatloaf ~ new recipe, hope it's good. ;)

Since the potatoes are inside, I'm trying to think of a different side dish but all I can come up with so far is some sort of salad so I'll have to think about that for awhile.

stacy347 said:
I'm making a mashed potato-stuffed meatloaf ~ new recipe, hope it's good. ;)

If you enjoy it please post a recipe. It certainly sounds good to me :)

Well, first I have to say that I did not end up making what I said I was going to make for dinner last night, because DH decided he did not want to watch the movie. Instead we had a spinach souffle, salad, and baguette.

Tonight I am making fried haddock and chips with malt vinegar. I have to think of a vegetable to go with.

When it's Friday during Lent, I crave food that my Mom had when we were kids, so tonite we are having fishsticks and fries along with corn. I know, I know... but I don't want no healthy food when I am feeling nostalgic. :goodvibes

WFD tonight? :)

We are going out with a group of friends. We are wanting to go to Shogun (hibachi restaurant). It's awesome but you can only afford it if you go at lunch and we are having trouble getting everyone together. Oh well.

What are you having tonight?

LindsayDunn228 said:
If you enjoy it please post a recipe. It certainly sounds good to me :)

Lindsay, the meatloaf was pretty good but one thing I didn't like was that the potato layer in the middle absorbed quite a bit of the grease...next time I will use strictly ground sirloin and hope that does the trick.
Basically it is just your standard meatloaf recipe (1.5 lbs. ground beef, 1 egg, about 1/4 - 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup milk), separate the meat into 2 portions, press first layer into loaf pan and then add a layer of prepared mashed potatoes mixed with some shredded cheese (I used about 1.5 cups of this mixture), then top with the rest of the meat mixture.
On the top pour on a mixture of 1/4 ketchup and 1/4 cup maple flavored syrup.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 60-70 minutes. :)

Today we are firing up the grill and having some BBQ chicken, baked potatoes and salads :sunny:

Tonight is another eat out day for us...yesterday we ate at Applebees so tonight it will be someplace else..don't know where yet...as we are driving around doing what we have to today we will eventually p[*** a place and either my daughter or I will say "lets eat there'....so thats where we will eat LOL

LindsayDunn228 said:
WFD tonight? :)

We are going out with a group of friends. We are wanting to go to Shogun (hibachi restaurant). It's awesome but you can only afford it if you go at lunch and we are having trouble getting everyone together. Oh well.

What are you having tonight?

Um, Hibachi Japan. :blush:

We're the same way. We wanted to go there for lunch today to make it affordable enough so we could see a movie afterwards, but my niece is having a b-day party this afternoon. Now we'll have to choose between the movie and Hibachi.

I'm leaning towards Hibachi.

BBQ chicken leg quarters. DS10's favorite. It's kind of a lot of work, that's why I only do it on weekends.

I trim the fat off the chicken, sprinkle with garlic salt and season salt and let them sit until the grill gets hot. I only grill them until the skin is nice and brown, then I put them in a 9x13 pan, skin side up and paint them with Tony Roma's Carolina Honey BBQ sauce. Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes. Sooooo good!!!

We are having friends over for dinner tonight. I am roasting a big fat chicken stuffed with lemons and thyme, and making gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, carmelized butternut squash, and buttered green beans with almonds. I am leaving the wine choice up to DH.

Morning all!! What are you having for dinner tonight?? We are having a garlic-dill salmon I found a recipe for in Every Day with Rachael Ray. I can't wait to try it!!! We are having some kind of parmesan Rice-a-Roni noodle thing with it :)

What are you having?? :)

For anyone who cares, here's the recipe:

3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbs. chopped fresh dill
4 salmon fillets (about 1 3/4 lb. total)

In a medium baking dish, combine first 4 ingredients. Place the salmon, skin side up, in the marinade and refrigereate for up to 3 hours. Preheat oven to 375. Discard half of marinade and bake the fish in remaining marinade and bake for 15 minutes or until fish is done.

We are having a homemade chicken pot-pie today :)
(Well, the crust is premade, LOL ~ I make terrible pie crusts!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter