*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

And look how nicely those fit it takes nothing away from the rest!!! It is like that shelf was put there for that exact reason!!!

Let’s hope getting them becomes easy because if so, then it puts them back on my list!!

And look how nicely those fit it takes nothing away from the rest!!! It is like that shelf was put there for that exact reason!!!

Let’s hope getting them becomes easy because if so, then it puts them back on my list!!
The microwave is pretty ugly and very much detracts from the room

everything has been well designed and then there is this black ugly box

dont disagree the shelf supports it but if they install them I hope they hide it behind a door like the fridge otherwise the entire room aesthetic is pretty well destroyed

Any pics of the bathroom with the blue glass slider closed? Wondering if it’s opaque so someone can be showering while another uses the sink area?

The microwave is pretty ugly and very much detracts from the room

everything has been well designed and then there is this black ugly box

dont disagree the shelf supports it but if they install them I hope they hide it behind a door like the fridge otherwise the entire room aesthetic is pretty well destroyed

If they buy them for all rooms, I bet they’d put in white to make it match.

If they find people are asking for those items. it means they are something people want and it’s a simple change that make these much more desirable for those that want what deluxe studios offer!

Oh I really like this. Looks like a bay window. I doubt I'd spend much time on my balcony in July so getting this room would be great.
FYI:
The room in this 3D video has a balcony (balcony door is past the 2nd TV in sitting area). Don't believe 5th floor will have a balcony.

Here is a link to the Facebook DVC Fan's "impromptu" video of GF resort studio room(s). The 20:32 mark begins the visit to resort studio "type D/Tower/Turret room"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dvcfan1/permalink/1242100759951674/

What kind of coffee maker is it? Truly with a microwave, I would stay there. Need to convince DH though.

Someone who is checking in soon needs to bring a fridge thermometer along to see how cold the wine cooler gets. I frequently stay at the Hilton Cub in Georgetown D.C. (The District) and they have a similar looking glass-fronted cooler, but it runs at 34 degrees (has a thermometer built-in).

Someone who is checking in soon needs to bring a fridge thermometer along to see how cold the wine cooler gets. I frequently stay at the Hilton Cub in Georgetown D.C. (The District) and they have a similar looking glass-fronted cooler, but it runs at 34 degrees (has a thermometer built-in).
If you watch the video I posted yesterday, HERE, they test the temperature of the cooler around the 2:50 mark.

If you watch the video I posted yesterday, HERE, they test the temperature of the cooler around the 2:50 mark.
Just watched the video. If the cooler can maintain 34 degrees that is plenty cold enough for dairy. You don't want it much colder or things start to freeze. With the optional microwave, these things just might be livable for me. I prefer the other studios though that have a couch facing the TV. Since I tend to travel solo, don't need an extra bed.

Now I only have to request my coffee pot and toaster!! Woohoo!
Yes, request that coffee pot. (We aren't fond of Keurig quality and would do that, too.)

However, I'm thinking toasters may be on order. That'd be quite a volume order, and with so much covid virtually everywhere, manufacturing is most likely somewhat affected.

Whatever the appliance result, I'm sure staying in an RS will be exciting. Do enjoy!

Yes, request that coffee pot. (We aren't fond of Keurig quality and would do that, too.)

However, I'm thinking toasters may be on order. That'd be quite a volume order, and with so much covid virtually everywhere, manufacturing is most likely somewhat affected.

Whatever the appliance result, I'm sure staying in an RS will be exciting. Do enjoy!

I am sure getting things of that volume is an issue...and maybe that is why when they announced the resort studios, they didn't promote a microwave because they knew then it would be difficult to outfit 200 rooms with them....

At least toasters are small and easy for them to house for those that want them vs. microwaves....but yeah, I am just not a fan of single cup coffee...we had one at my house for awhile and realized it just wasn't the same...plus, I drink at least a pot and sometimes a pot and a half a day so much more expensive!!!

I am excited to have them back on my list for stays....thank you DVD for this!!!

I go back and forth on whether DH and I want to try the RS out on our spring trip or keep the deluxe studio we have. I love the location of the RS and the way the units are decorated is right up my alley but I would miss the split bath in a deluxe studio and we don't need the two beds. DH saw the tv on the same wall as the couch and said - nope! So I'm trying to figure out if I want to try and convince him that we should give it a go for a couple's trip. It will be a mostly resort only stay so in room comfort is important and he is a tv guy especially on vacation (LOL!).

With the addition of the microwave and knowing the beverage cooler will keep our items cold enough the RS is a no brainer for future girls trips! 😍

VGF2 Microwave Article from Today:

It appears DVC and the resort may have heard member complaints.

Within a day after the Resort Studios made their debut, DVCNews has heard from multiple members who were told that microwaves are on the way for all 202 new rooms. This information comes courtesy of resort staff members, who claim supply shortages are to blame for the fact that microwaves were not installed as of Day One.

https://www.dvcnews.com/resorts/gra...aff-microwaves-planned-for-all-resort-studios

Grand Floridian Staff: Microwaves Planned For All Resort Studios

Disney Vacation Club may already be addressing the biggest sore spot for guests considering the newest rooms at Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

BPK Microwave

When the Grand Floridian's Resort Studios were announced, many were surprised to learn that the design does not feature the familiar DVC Studio kitchenette. While the lack of a dedicated sink is perhaps attributable to the nature of converted hotel rooms, the absence of a microwave oven and toaster was curious given the low cost and widespread adoptance among even budget hotel chains.

Within a day after the Resort Studios made their debut, DVCNews has heard from multiple members who were told that microwaves are on the way for all 202 new rooms. This information comes courtesy of resort staff members, who claim supply shortages are to blame for the fact that microwaves were not installed as of Day One.

So far, the Disney Vacation Club website has not been updated to reflect this change in amenities. DVC has not yet responded to our attempts to confirm. However, it is clear that guests are able to request delivery of a microwave and/or toaster from housekeeping if not present upon arrival. The room's beverage station even features a small shelf which accommodates the dorm-size microwave oven.

Grand Floridian Staff: Microwaves Planned For All Resort Studios

Disney Vacation Club may already be addressing the biggest sore spot for guests considering the newest rooms at Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

BPK Microwave

When the Grand Floridian's Resort Studios were announced, many were surprised to learn that the design does not feature the familiar DVC Studio kitchenette. While the lack of a dedicated sink is perhaps attributable to the nature of converted hotel rooms, the absence of a microwave oven and toaster was curious given the low cost and widespread adoptance among even budget hotel chains.

So far, the Disney Vacation Club website has not been updated to reflect this change in amenities. DVC has not yet responded to our attempts to confirm. However, it is clear that guests are able to request delivery of a microwave and/or toaster from housekeeping if not present upon arrival. The room's beverage station even features a small shelf which accommodates the dorm-size microwave oven.
I really hope they do something to make it blend in. It’s ugly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter