• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Very curious the design plans for the lobby 🤔 🙏
I'm ecstatic about the main lobby being refurbished. I think I need to tone down my expectations as Disney are not going to want to spend much on this. Carpet will go as that's a minimal cost to replace, the colour palette will probably match the pastel of the new rooms/soft goods, and I hope they replace those awful chandeliers with something sophisticated.

Hey guys!! Someone just sent this to me. It’s a post they saw on a FB Group a couple of days ago. Not sure how accurate the info is, but it had a good overhead shot of the enclosed space in the lobby.

“Cast member we spoke to yesterday informed us that main lobby work begins Friday (although Park Fare has already been initiated). He said it is supposed to last about 3 months and a large portion will be the roof. He did state that they will be gutting the inside and will be pulling up and replacing the carpets, likely with something identical/similar to the turquoise with flowers in the other buildings and hallways. He was with Bell services and not construction crew so take with a grain of salt.”

IMG_2615.jpeg

Cast member we spoke to yesterday informed us that main lobby work begins Friday (although Park Fare has already been initiated). He said it is supposed to last about 3 months and a large portion will be the roof.
We'll be there Labor Day weekend! Hope we can catch a glimpse of the finished lobby. 😍

Not sure if this is relevant, but we just received an email saying the Lobby will be under construction during our stay...

Our stay is not until Spring of 2024! Ummm... it better be done by then, lol.

Not sure if this is relevant, but we just received an email saying the Lobby will be under construction during our stay...

Our stay is not until Spring of 2024! Ummm... it better be done by then, lol.
I did not receive it for either of my trips just yet, but a blog just posted. It’s a bit different than the original I received months ago. I’ll share below. Thank you.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Another Update…

UPDATE: Construction at Disney’s Grand Floridian Reportedly for Guest Rooms Only, Lobby Remodel Delayed Until 2024

Reports now indicate that the walls and equipment are in place to begin the remodel of the guest rooms in that building. WDWNT’s sources also report that the lobby remodel is being delayed until 2024.

The concierge level rooms on floors 3, 4, & 5 will be remodeled to match the new look of the resort. See a full tour of a remodeled room here. The construction walls surround a staging area for equipment to be raised up to the different floors. A crane should be arriving soon. The crew has laid wood flooring over the existing floor to protect it from the crane.
They will also be working on the high pillars and dome ceiling. This is likely what is depicted on the blueprints spotted at the site.

Reportedly, the lobby remodel was scheduled to begin earlier this spring. They were unable to meet that schedule. Rather than start construction and interfere with the giant gingerbread house the resort builds annually, the remodel was delayed.

*The remodel of the rooms in building 5 is also delayed.
**This report coincides with what @WishesQueen was told. I don’t know what is accurate anymore. I’ll keep reporting as I see new posts. So far, this is the only blog posting this. If anyone else who is there finds out anything additional, please let us know!

Last edited:
Another Update…

UPDATE: Construction at Disney’s Grand Floridian Reportedly for Guest Rooms Only, Lobby Remodel Delayed Until 2024

Reports now indicate that the walls and equipment are in place to begin the remodel of the guest rooms in that building. WDWNT’s sources also report that the lobby remodel is being delayed until 2024.

The concierge level rooms on floors 3, 4, & 5 will be remodeled to match the new look of the resort. See a full tour of a remodeled room here. The construction walls surround a staging area for equipment to be raised up to the different floors. A crane should be arriving soon. The crew has laid wood flooring over the existing floor to protect it from the crane.
They will also be working on the high pillars and dome ceiling. This is likely what is depicted on the blueprints spotted at the site.

Reportedly, the lobby remodel was scheduled to begin earlier this spring. They were unable to meet that schedule. Rather than start construction and interfere with the giant gingerbread house the resort builds annually, the remodel was delayed.

*The remodel of the rooms in building 5 is also delayed.

* I’m confused by this because I thought Sago was completed?!

**This report coincides with what @WishesQueen was told. I don’t know what is accurate anymore. I’ll keep reporting as I see new posts. So far, this is the only blog posting this. If anyone else who is there finds out anything additional, please let us know!
Ugh. This rumor better be false. We were sure we'd be safe booking next year. :(

Y'all are living it up! I'd love to travel Europe and my brother is actually stationed in Italy in the Air Force and we haven't gotten to see him or his family since 2019 so that would be a plus to go there also. I will keep working on DH and hopefully he will give in soon.

We have done the same with our kids, just to be able to take them anywhere on a trip. When they are young, just going to any hotel anywhere with a pool was a happy trip for them (even though we always had a pool at home). I used to do online surveys in all my spare time, plus anything else I could do to make extra money just to take them somewhere once a year, which would normally be Destin, FL. I wish we could have bought DVC in our 20's or our 30's, but we definitely struggled financially in those days . . . call it young and dumb! We have come a long way to get to where we are now and I feel so happy to be able to share DVC with my grandkids. The longest flight I've been on so far is MEM-EWR, which was only about 3 hours so in my mind, I am trying to imagine a 9 hour flight, it does seem very long and boring for sure. We do plan on using our new contract points to go to Aulani next year and that's a long flight so we will see how that goes for us! I hope you can make it across the ocean more and more . . .
Would love to try Aulani but that’s quite a trip to make from the UK. Seen so much positive stuff about how amazing it is. Hope you have a fabulous time!

We find the flight out is easiest, you’re excited and for us it’s usually a daytime flight. The night flights back are such a drag, especially if you can’t sleep on a flight like me!

I hopeyou get out to see your brother and family in Italy. Incredibly (as we live relatively close), I’ve never been to Italy for a proper vacation, only did a day trip to Venice once for a few hours from former Yugoslavia. We are going for the first time next month to stay in a villa in the part of Italy my son in law’s family are from, so that’s exciting (and probably very hot!).

My DH and I are so excited to join this group as direct owners at VGF!! The incentives going on right now were way too good to pass up, and these points will be a nice complement to our AKV resale contract. No matter where we stay, we end up spending more time at GF anyway, so now it will just be easier to get to back to our room! TBD on when our first trip with these points will be because we are welcoming our first baby next month and have to fly in for visits to WDW, but likely Spring 2024 like some of you. So happy to be here!!

Would love to try Aulani but that’s quite a trip to make from the UK. Seen so much positive stuff about how amazing it is. Hope you have a fabulous time!

We find the flight out is easiest, you’re excited and for us it’s usually a daytime flight. The night flights back are such a drag, especially if you can’t sleep on a flight like me!

I hopeyou get out to see your brother and family in Italy. Incredibly (as we live relatively close), I’ve never been to Italy for a proper vacation, only did a day trip to Venice once for a few hours from former Yugoslavia. We are going for the first time next month to stay in a villa in the part of Italy my son in law’s family are from, so that’s exciting (and probably very hot!).
I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread?
BTW, a few hours in Venice isn’t nearly long enough, IME you need a multi day stay, preferably during a slower time of year, to take it all in :).

I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread?
BTW, a few hours in Venice isn’t nearly long enough, IME you need a multi day stay, preferably during a slower time of year, to take it all in :).
It isn't posted in the wrong thread. It started out as a post about about buying a VGF DVC contract. I responded and kinda veered off into Aulani, Disney Paris and Italy talk. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter