*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

You’re welcome. It doesn’t appear to be open. All the scaffolding is down but they still had construction workers and equipment blocking off the entrance. It looked like they were cleaning most of the it up though so hopefully soon
Thanks for everything! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Castle hasn’t had projections on it this week during the night. It has it during the fireworks though but they seem faint. Wonder what’s going on. Castle isn’t that bright

Yes walkway is open

Posted this in the regular grand floridan thread but figured I’d also put it in the villas thread since that’s where we stayed and people might check if wanted to book a resort studio room.

Just wanted to give a quick review of our room at big pine key

These are the most thinnest walls I have ever been in. You hear entire conversations. Babies crying like they are in your room. Had two separate rooms with same issues. Woken up each morning of our trip. Offered to move our room again but how many times can you move before it just makes the trip not feel homey

You hear the toilets flushing from other rooms

Noise isolation is just not good

I knew this was possible based on reviews but didn’t think it would bother me so much, but it did. Won’t stay here again. If nobody is next to you or no little babies, should be fine.

If you’re booked in the resort studios, just be advised it’s possible you’ll have the same experience. I never had this at any other Disney resort.

On the positive, the rooms are so beautiful. Shame for the resort studios though that they are in the building with no isolation. Rooms are very big. Balcony is big. Staff has been AMAZING. Great people. Great front desk. Brought in a fan to try and help with noise. Didn’t make much of a difference. Bellman said it’s a known issue. Beautiful grounds and lobby. I guess I’ll have to try the original villas next time if I want to try again. I hear they have much better noise isolation.

For the amount of money spent, it’s a shame. But hey, it’s Disney, gotta enjoy it and make the best of it

Last edited:
Posted this in the regular grand floridan thread but figured I’d also put it in the villas thread since that’s where we stayed and people might check if wanted to book a resort studio room.

These are the most thinnest walls I have ever been in. You hear entire conversations. Babies crying like they are in your room. Had two separate rooms with same issues. Woken up each morning of our trip. Offered to move our room again but how many times can you move before it just makes the trip not feel homey

I knew this was possible based on reviews but didn’t think it would bother me so much, but it did. Won’t stay here again. If nobody is next to you or no little babies, should be fine.

If you’re booked in the resort studios, just be advised it’s possible you’ll have the same experience. I never had this at any other Disney resort.

On the positive, the rooms are so beautiful. Shame for the resort studios though that they are in the building with no isolation. Rooms are very big. Balcony is big. Staff has been AMAZING. Great people. Great front desk. Brought in a fan to try and help with noise. Didn’t make much of a difference. Bellman said it’s a known issue. Beautiful grounds and lobby. I guess I’ll have to try the original villas next time if I want to try again. I hear they have much better noise isolation.

For the amount of money spent, it’s a shame. But hey, it’s Disney, gotta enjoy it and make the best of it
We stayed there a couple weeks ago and had the same experience with noise. I knew like you going there that it was an issue, but I didn’t let it bother me. I was prepared for it. We loved the room and the room location. I think we might try the Deluxe studios next time and see how we like it.

Hi All -

Question about the construction planned for the resort. I know the details of the main building construction hasn’t been published yet or at least I can’t find it but I booked a few nights right before Christmas and got an email from Disney that there will be construction occurring during my stay. I really want to take in this resort at Christmas but I’m afraid it will be a construction zone.

What does everyone think? It’s my preferred resort for my upcoming trip but I’m nervous. Appreciate any thoughts the group has.

Hi All -

Question about the construction planned for the resort. I know the details of the main building construction hasn’t been published yet or at least I can’t find it but I booked a few nights right before Christmas and got an email from Disney that there will be construction occurring during my stay. I really want to take in this resort at Christmas but I’m afraid it will be a construction zone.

What does everyone think? It’s my preferred resort for my upcoming trip but I’m nervous. Appreciate any thoughts the group has.
I don't know that anything official came out, the attached link seems to imply they're hoping to wrap it before the holidays, but clearly it's speculative and based on room bookings so not exactly confirmation of anything. It's dated in April, not sure anybody sorted out better rumors since.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/grand-floridian-resort-construction-report-2023/

That's what my original fear was that this was going to put additional pressure on VGF 1. I think a lot of people will still like BPK because of the 2 full beds and more space, but others will want the original DVC concept with the kitchenette and extra shower area. I was not happy when the added BPK, but luckily, we usually stay in 1BR's so I don't think it will affect us to much. The saving grace of VGF1 is it's high point chart. We book right at 11 months but booking at 7 months will be a different story IMO.

That's what my original fear was that this was going to put additional pressure on VGF 1. I think a lot of people will still like BPK because of the 2 full beds and more space, but others will want the original DVC concept with the kitchenette and extra shower area. I was not happy when the added BPK, but luckily, we usually stay in 1BR's so I don't think it will affect us to much. The saving grace of VGF1 is it's high point chart. We book right at 11 months but booking at 7 months will be a different story IMO.
Bless those of us who book the red headed step child 1BRs and can book stress free 😂

Guests With Dining Reservations at Grand Floridian Directed to Park Away From Resort in Backstage Cast Member Parking Lot

Guests with dining reservations at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa are being directed to park not in the resort parking lot, but across the street in a Cast Member parking lot. Access to the lot is being controlled by a resort Cast Member who is checking for dining reservations before allowing guests to park – similar to what you’d expect from the gate at any Disney World resort.

Guests park in a Cast Member parking lot and then cross Floridian Way before making the walk to the resort proper. Cast Members we spoke with did not know how long this procedure would be in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter