The Official: This Day in Disney History Thread!

1967- "The Jungle Book" ( The Last Film Walt Supervised) is released :sad2: :sad1: (Great MOvie)
1967- Charlie The Lonesome Cougar" a Walt Disney Pictures film is released

I agree, Jungle Book is a great movie - I'm glad it's now on DVD :cool1:

October 18

2005 - Tarzan Special Edition and The Emperor's New Groove: The New Groove Edition are both re-released on 1-disc DVDs.

October 20

2006 - Disney Channel's new movie "Return to Halloweentown" (the fourth movie in the series) premieres on Disney Channel. Also, The Nightmare Before Christmas is released in Disney Digital 3D.

2005 - OK I'm a little puzzled about this one. My Disney Days Calendar today says that CHicken Little was released Oct. 20, 2005. However I could have sworn it was released Nov. 4 of 2005. Either the calendar is wrong or my memory is going bad ;)

I lost My History Book :guilty: I have been looking for several days now
I will continue to look but I have checked almost everywhere:sad2:

Captain Hooked On Disney

I lost My History Book :guilty: I have been looking for several days now
I will continue to look but I have checked almost everywhere:sad2:

Captain Hooked On Disney

Oh no!!!! :sad1: Good luck in your search for it!

Here's mine for today that was on my Disney Days Calendar:

October 22
1993 - The Nightmare Before Christmas is released in theatres.

1988- WDW chefs earn 13 gold and 2 silver medals at the IKA HOGA'88 culinary Olympics
1997- "Bear in The Big Blue House" premieres on The Disney Channel

1979- 100,000,000 guest visits MK

1993- "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas" is released(BACK IN THEATERS ON 10/19)

1998- Ground Breaking ceremony for Tokyo Disneysea and Tokyo Disneysea Hotel MiraCosta!

1929- "springTime" the first of four Silly symphony cartoons based on the seasons is released

1971- Electrical water Pageant debuts at WDW for dedication of Polynesian Luau.

1994- "Gargoyles" the Tv series debuts in syndication

1985- Helicopters Fly dolphins to the living seas at EPCOT

1994- "Snow white and The Seven Dwarfs" first released on Video

1999- Statue of Roy O. Disney is unveiled at MK

1966-Walt Disney receives the 1st american forest association award for "outstanding service in Conservation of American Resources"

1960-"Zorro: El Bandido" airs on TV
1989-Grand Opening Of The Wonders Of Life pavilion at Epcot ( What is Disney Doing with that are they still opening it for like 2 weeks a year still?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter