The Official Spring 2010 PI Thread

Hey folks,
We are currently looking for another female roommate to make our roommate feel a little more comfortable and not too awkward being the only female in the house! Again, we sty at Coral Cay, rent is $475 and includes everything. Ask me for more info...

Hey ya'll,
I'm applying for a couple P.I.'s for fall 2010 and had a question for the accepted dvc sales assistants...

Do you know an details of your role? As in, would you be more of the guides who stand the DVC posts throughout WDW or are you at Saratoga? Thanks!

Also, anyone know anything about the golf operations internship, or basically any event positions?

Hey ya'll,
I'm applying for a couple P.I.'s for fall 2010 and had a question for the accepted dvc sales assistants...

Do you know an details of your role? As in, would you be more of the guides who stand the DVC posts throughout WDW or are you at Saratoga? Thanks!

Also, anyone know anything about the golf operations internship, or basically any event positions?

This is a GREAT PI, you will work directly with some of the greatest people Disney has to offer. Former leaders and executives, even ambassaders work directly in the sales center at Saratoga Springs. Our group had 8 interns (I was the only guy) Had a blast and learned so much. I really reccommend giving this PI a shot..

hey everyone.. since i was not accepted for the spring PI for 2010.. i'm looking forward to the FALL 2010 PI..questions:

1) when are the applications open on Disney-recruitmax? (for the MIs and regular ones)

2) for everyone that got accepted this spring.. just answer: when did you apply (waht day) and what position did u get accepted for? when did you hear that you got accepted?

thanks everyone~!

-Mari

This is a GREAT PI, you will work directly with some of the greatest people Disney has to offer. Former leaders and executives, even ambassaders work directly in the sales center at Saratoga Springs. Our group had 8 interns (I was the only guy) Had a blast and learned so much. I really reccommend giving this PI a shot..

That sounds like a something I would definitely be interested in. I worked front desk at Saratoga and love the property. Do the interns drive the vans or stay mostly at the office? What is the uniform, pay rate, hours etc.. ?

Hey I'm heading out today to work some seasonal shifts at Kilimanjaro Safaris before my PI starts.........hope to see some yall down there early as well!!

How do i get the little pics and countdown thngs? Im just wanting to meet people that are doing the spring 2010 CP.

The time draws near for all of us! I can't wait to start this new Disney adventure and meet everyone for our amazing experience!

That sounds like a something I would definitely be interested in. I worked front desk at Saratoga and love the property. Do the interns drive the vans or stay mostly at the office? What is the uniform, pay rate, hours etc.. ?

Good luck. I don't recommend this internship at all. People were nice, but I would never do it again. Send me a pm if you want actual details.

Have fun!

With check-in day just a few days away, I was hoping to get some ideas about how professional interns should dress on the 14th. I believe I read an email that said check-in is casual, but since we are meeting our leaders that day, this means nice-casual. (i.e. nice jeans and blouse/shirt/sweater??). Is everyone else under the same impression?

In other words, we don't need to arrive in professional attire to check-in, correct?

Thanks for any comments! :thumbsup2

I'm out of date (I did my PI in Spring 2009) but I went all out and dressed in professional wear. My check-in was a whopping 3 minutes (I just ended the CP and was seasonal for the week between my programs) and then I went home. I never met any leaders or had any sort of contact with anyone other than the person who told me welcome and that I didn't need to attend check-in since I was a current CM and was not living in the housing. Everyone else was in casual (jeans and t's) since they were preparing to move into the apartments.

For those of you who are seasonal, what happened when you got down for your PI? Does the seasonal status end at that location? Are you able to still pick up hours if your location lets you?

I figured they wouldn't let you hold two statuses, lol.

For those of you who are seasonal, what happened when you got down for your PI? Does the seasonal status end at that location? Are you able to still pick up hours if your location lets you?

I figured they wouldn't let you hold two statuses, lol.

I believe that they are transfered from their CT role into their PI.

Since most PIs are statused Hourly Office & Technical, they can still pick up shifts in their old areas through EHH. Management PIs are Salaried Exempt Cast, however, and as such are ineligible to do so.

Yep - just like Glendalais said, it works like a transfer. As a PI you are classified as Seasonal as well, but as long as you keep your proficiencies up in your old location you can continue to pick up shift.

Hey everyone,
For those of you that are not in the facebook group, I have set up a Meet & Greet that will be taking place at Ale House, this Friday the 15th. Below is the link, please RSVP so I know how many to expect and make arrangements. If you do not have a facebook, please email me(email below). Hope to see you all there!!!

PI Meet & Greet Event Page
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183354475215&index=1

Email:
aaron.m.johnson@disney.com

Yep - just like Glendalais said, it works like a transfer. As a PI you are classified as Seasonal as well, but as long as you keep your proficiencies up in your old location you can continue to pick up shift.

Thank you! So I guess that means if you didn't stay seasonal at your PI location you go transfer back to your old location?

Thank you! So I guess that means if you didn't stay seasonal at your PI location you go transfer back to your old location?

Probably. Internal Transfer procedures would probably apply, with CT Transfers being distributed based on Labor Needs and STCU Seniority (where applicable).

Just to add, anyone here get accepted in Guest Relations? I'm looking for some helpful experiences once you get down there, it's hard to find people who have done it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter