The Official Spring 2010 PI Thread

americangeiko

Bad Fairy
Well, after another full year of college, I'm back to give it another go during my last semester! (W00t for being a senior finally!)

If I don't managed to find/get the PI I want I'm going take my last semester abroad in Paris, and come back fluent in French, and ready to either take CP in SoCal, or a CP in Florida!

:wave: I'm hoping the third time's the charm! I'm doing the CP in the fall, and am going to give it one more shot. Both times I applied the positions were cancelled but maybe things will be better next spring! What are you thinking of applying for?

For PI: Stage Technician, Costume Design, Costume Workshop, and maybe one or two others.

For CP: Costuming in WDW and DL

If I can't get any of these, I'm going to Paris. ;)

hey! im really excited about finally applying for a PI. I did the CP last fall, and now i want to do something in the animal programs. I would really like to do the vet hospital internship, but im not really picky either.

Im just dying to get back to FL. And I think I'll apply to a PI and another CP for the fall. however its hard to justify doing a CP in the spring because im on the quarter system and i'd be missing 2 quarters.:scared1: Of course if I got a PI i wouldnt think twice.;)

I feel like i should know this, but do you guys know when the applications come out? I know the CP applications come out mid august.

Hey! My name is Amanda and I am currently a Merchandise CP in Magic Kingdom's Adventureland! I applied for a few PI's for the Fall 09 term, but was unsuccessful. I think with having the CP on my resume now, I have a better chance getting a PI! I graduated with a Fine Arts - Electronic Media major, so I'm hoping to get something Graphic Design or with the Disney Design Group (DDG)!

The job postings for Spring 09 went up in early August.

However, the ones for fall 09 went up at a variety of different times so you had to keep checking each week... some were just posted in late April (with a June start date).

I thought I posted in this last night, but I guess not.

I was a CP in Spring '08 (Vacation Planning) and then a campus rep. I was a professional intern in marketing in Spring 2009, and hopefully will be after I graduate in December as either full time or a PI... if not, the CP is an option too.

For PI: Stage Technician, Costume Design, Costume Workshop, and maybe one or two others.

For CP: Costuming in WDW and DL

If I can't get any of these, I'm going to Paris. ;)

Costuming and Costume Workshop are my choices as well. I applied last semester with no luck... Hopefully we'll see these particular PI's come up this semester! Good luck americangeiko!

where are the internships posted at? I went to disney.go.com/careers and looked at the openings and there were a few things listed there but I'm not sure if those are the PI's.

That is where they will be, but none are posted yet. Got a few weeks to go before they will be posted, possibly a bit longer.

Some internships have begun to be posted.

None are entertainment based, and the majority look like either Mgrs positions or Epcot/Animal Kingdom internships (the vet ones).

I thought I posted in this last night, but I guess not.

I was a CP in Spring '08 (Vacation Planning) and then a campus rep. I was a professional intern in marketing in Spring 2009, and hopefully will be after I graduate in December as either full time or a PI... if not, the CP is an option too.

Hey Jeff, I would like to get with you to find out more information about the vacation planner position as that is my number 1 postition. My interview is Wednesday night. I am PM'ing you my number, if you have time, I would greatly appreciate a call. The questions will be based on ticket variations as well as price information. I won't take no more than 15-20 minutes of your time.

Thanks,
Summer

Does anyone know how many spots are usually available for the Epcot science and Animal Kingdom internships? My sister is thinking of applying, and I think she'd be perfect for some of these internships, as she just graduated pre-med with a lot of lab/ research experience. :cheer2: Just wondering if anyone knows how many internships are generally available for each of the listings - if it's just 1 position, or more like 5-10 positions, or more? Thanks! And good luck to all applying for the Spring 2010 PI!

Does anyone know how many spots are usually available for the Epcot science and Animal Kingdom internships? My sister is thinking of applying, and I think she'd be perfect for some of these internships, as she just graduated pre-med with a lot of lab/ research experience. :cheer2: Just wondering if anyone knows how many internships are generally available for each of the listings - if it's just 1 position, or more like 5-10 positions, or more? Thanks! And good luck to all applying for the Spring 2010 PI!

i havent done a PI before but i am certain that most of those positions only have about 1 or 2 spots. Thats what i was told by Cms in animal programs during my CP as i am very interested in these too. They are supposedly very competitive, but it looks like they are well worth it.

She also has to still be a student when she applies. If she has already graduated, she can't apply till she beings med school *I think*. Good luck to her no matter what though, it does sound like she would be awesome.

i havent done a PI before but i am certain that most of those positions only have about 1 or 2 spots. Thats what i was told by Cms in animal programs during my CP as i am very interested in these too. They are supposedly very competitive, but it looks like they are well worth it.

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2 I wish there were more spots, but it definitely seems worth it to try for one of these. The positions sound like they offer great experience for those interested in animal science or research. Good luck!

two questions!

1.) Why have no Entertainment Internships other than costuming been posted yet?

2.) Do you have to live in the housing Disney provides for you if accepted?

If she has graduated within the last year, she may still be able to apply. She'd have to talk to the recruiter. They don't really hire CPs for this role, but tend to look for those in Vet school.

two questions!

1.) Why have no Entertainment Internships other than costuming been posted yet?

2.) Do you have to live in the housing Disney provides for you if accepted?

1) Internships are posted individually by each department and aside from the intial casting dept phone call are regulated by each department. More and more will be posted each day.

With that said, the recent noise dive in the economy has lead to many departments cutting their internships due to budget cuts at the parks--Entertainment had a 50% budget cut. It's possible they may post more internships, but only if they feel that they'll benefit. (Some departments are entirely run by interns so they have to post an internship.)

2) Housing is optional when you apply, and there's no guarantee that you'll receive it. Many PIs choose to find their own accomodations as it's often cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter