The Official Spring 2010 PI Thread

that's weird that you wouldn't get a screening interview. I wonder what would prompt them not to do that with just a few people?

that's weird that you wouldn't get a screening interview. I wonder what would prompt them not to do that with just a few people?

Animal Programs has a different process than other PIs due to the nature of the beast (pun intended ;) ) When I applied for one last season, there were emails asking for information and they stated they may or may not be interviewing, but that my application was "complete". I never did hear anything back. BTW, I received a rejection email for another PI on 6/16 (reported for my current internship on 6/21).

So I just broke down and called casting, but they seem to be closed? so maybe today is not the deadline then? has anyone heard from them today? is anyone still waiting to hear?

Animal Programs has a different process than other PIs due to the nature of the beast (pun intended ;) ) When I applied for one last season, there were emails asking for information and they stated they may or may not be interviewing, but that my application was "complete". I never did hear anything back. BTW, I received a rejection email for another PI on 6/16 (reported for my current internship on 6/21).

Interesting. So I could potentially not hear ever? haha, great. Yeah I'm the most worried that I applied incorrectly. It said to upload the resume and fill out the application and have a cover letter & letter of rec on FILE so if needed, they would then ask for it. But it didn't require sending that in with the initial app. But maybe it did and I did it wrong and then I'm just screwed. My biggest worry. I guess if I don't hear a yes or no by the end of the month, I'll just call. How frustrating.

Well, since I haven't heard anything today, I will definitely be calling on Monday.

Did anyone else apply for the costumer PI (particularly non-CP alums)?

Hey all!

I'm new to these boards. Got rid of my facebook for a myriad of reasons. But I will be living at Patterson this spring as I just got accepted as a PI with DVC Sales at Saratoga. I didn't know if anybody else here had gotten this position! Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all once we get down there!
I accepted the position of DVC Sales Assistant! I'll also be living in Patterson. I'm excited to get down there in jan.

I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question: Once you've accepted a PI does that take me out of the running for the other PI's I applied for? Or could I still hear something additional from casting? I haven't gotten any other rejection letters but I will be doing the DVC Sales Assistant PI.

The only reason I'm asking this is because I'm very interested in the MK Events Assistant position. I'm super excited and happy with the PI I got (it's in perfect alingment with my Disney skills) but my resume, previous experience, and degree I'm about to get from PITT means that my career field fits better with this event planning position.

Also, I've been reading the boards and Facebook groups and no one has mentioned anything about being interviewed or accepting the MK Events Internship.

I can't wait to meet everyone in Jan! Good luck.

I accepted the position of DVC Sales Assistant! I'll also be living in Patterson. I'm excited to get down there in jan.

That's awesome! You're the only other person I know who has the same role as me. That's really exciting! Do you know anything about this particular internship? It's funny, because I also applied for MK Events too but I haven't heard anything about it either.

I'm assuming I'm doing DVC and I'm fine with that! Looking forward to meeting you!

Steve

Hey, is there anyone here that has checked out the PI Meet and Greet discussion on the Facebook group? If you don't have a facebook you should know that we are planning a meet and greet on Friday January 15th after everyone that is going gets there. Right now it looks as though it might be at Buffalo Wild Wings there by the housing complexes or at the Ale House not much further past that.

So, does anyone know that if we haven't heard we are just rejected now that the deadline has passed? Even if we did not receive the rejection e-mail?

I would say as long as you didn't receive a rejection email there is always a chance that you might get it. Honestly, sometimes if people back out people hear really, really late that they got an internship. Also, casting sets these deadlines for themselves and I think they almost never meet them. It is just what they're aiming for.

If you didn't get an email you're still being considered, but sometimes the emails don't come until a few days before the internships start. Even if you accept an internship you can still get rejection emails a long time later.

However, after probably another week or week and a half I wouldn't keep your hopes up unless you just like to be the eternal optimist. :)

So, does anyone know that if we haven't heard we are just rejected now that the deadline has passed? Even if we did not receive the rejection e-mail?

when i talked to casting they were only using the 28th as a "hope to have done by date" just so people would know when to expect to hear things by. Those dates are always missed so for sure wait another week or so or call casting if you're really worried to get a new date to wait for.

With tomorrow being the return of the business world to normal operations after the holiday weekend, I just wanted to wish good luck to everyone still waiting to hear about their applications! Think happy thoughts!!!

Steve

Hey everybody! So I'm a latecomer to this thread but my name is Matt. I'm from Western Michigan University and am an alum of 2 Florida CPs and and 1 summer Anaheim CP. I'm going to be doing Ops Management for Main Entrance- Parking based out of TTC at Magic Kingdom. I actually interviewed for it back on the 20th of last month and was given the offer (and accepted) on the 26th but I didn't know this thread even existed back then!

Can't wait to get down to Florida, just a little less than a month left. I've already found a place and am moving in on the 4th of January.

Just got off the phone with casting. I'm still being considered for all of the cp alum Events PIs I applied for and casting said that, (as has been mentioned before) it is up to the specific departments now and those departments have not been reporting to casting so they don't really know much as to when we will hear. They said to look out for EITHER a phone call or email regarding a job offer.

Hi all because I am a a Campus Rep who still checks out whats going on at Disney all the time I still have access to the Portal/Hub which has cast member classified here are the recent findings on Donald's Deals classified as for places to rent...

3 bed 3 bath Davenport/Kissimmee/Clearmont area (192 & 27) for $1000 includes water and cable $333 per person

5bed 3 bath - Winter Garden (15 Min behind MK) $ 1350 = 270 per person + utilities

3bed 2 bath - Champions Gate area $950 = 316 per person + utilities

3 bed 2 bath - Champions Gate area $1200 includes Cable & internet fully furnished. =$400 per person

2 bed 2 bath - Kissimmee 700 = 350 per person

4bed 2 bath – Legacy Park 192/27 Davenport/Kissimmee/Clearmont area 1150 = 287 per person

Let me know if you may be interested in any of these!! I have yet to have 10 posts so I cant reply to PM's yet sorry.

Edit PostDelete Post

Anyone who is still waiting to hear back:

I called the office today and they said that decisions are made at different times depending on which PI you applied for. The costuming analyst internship will make their decision by this Friday, Dec. 4th.

Still no other YES people.......yikes I'm gonna have to walk in there blind......any good new for anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter