The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

For anyone whose been there recently, has the Riviera installed any kind of outdoor grills yet? Was really hoping they would have gas grills or at the very least, charcoal. Didn’t see any last year. There is that nice beach spot that would be perfect for charcoal.
TIA.

The last two mornings I’ve gotten on right at 7 am to try to make September bookings for standard view studios. Yesterday I was able to get one room booked (I need three) but then when I went to book the second, 9/10 was already gone. I went on today at 7 to try to start again with a 9/11 check in date. The room was available but after I entered our groups information I got the seven dwarves. I kept hitting back and refresh but kept getting the dwarves. By the time I gave up and went back to the search page to try again the room was gone. This is maddening!!! How are all the standard studios disappearing within seconds? I have never had this problem before.

It’s low point travel season? I booked Labor Day week in SV Studio and noticed afterwards some of those days are now gone.

I’ll admit, I was surprised. We might be changing our resort at 7 months, so maybe others will do the same.

Sorry you experienced issues!

Any chance someone can advise if the fridges are magnetic? We’re trying to work on some Christmas decoration ideas! Thanks in advance!

Since the international borders are opening up on 8th November, it seems we're finally going to get our first Riviera stay in December and couldn't be more excited.

Random question, are you still able to have shop purchases sent back to your resort? Or has that been suspended since Covid? I thought I saw something online about this no longer being available.

Since the international borders are opening up on 8th November, it seems we're finally going to get our first Riviera stay in December and couldn't be more excited.

Random question, are you still able to have shop purchases sent back to your resort? Or has that been suspended since Covid? I thought I saw something online about this no longer being available.
We asked about this on our most recent trip and were told that they no longer send merchandise back to the your home resort nor to the front of the park. However, they did ship directly to our home for what seemed to be very reasonable prices (but we are in the US). We shipped a fragile wine glass from the France pavilion in Epcot to our home in North Carolina for something like $5 which seemed very reasonable given that's about the price of a PowerAid there.

We asked about this on our most recent trip and were told that they no longer send merchandise back to the your home resort nor to the front of the park. However, they did ship directly to our home for what seemed to be very reasonable prices (but we are in the US). We shipped a fragile wine glass from the France pavilion in Epcot to our home in North Carolina for something like $5 which seemed very reasonable given that's about the price of a PowerAid there.

Thanks so much for that information! It seems we'll have to limit our shopping to the end of days so we don't have to carry stuff around all day!

Thanks so much for that information! It seems we'll have to limit our shopping to the end of days so we don't have to carry stuff around all day!
Yes, it's much less convenient now, especially with fragile items. You would think the service would have paid for itself with the increase in shopping that people could do not having to lug their merchandise around. Perhaps it will return someday.

Yes, it's much less convenient now, especially with fragile items. You would think the service would have paid for itself with the increase in shopping that people could do not having to lug their merchandise around. Perhaps it will return someday.

I agree totally, we'll almost certainly buy less based on this factor.

Just super curious here, but has anyone had any luck wait listing Riviera for any kind of room?

We did the same thing. We sent a coffee mug to a friend in Chicago for $4.95 and it arrived very well packaged and within 5 day. Totally worth it.

We did the same thing. We sent a coffee mug to a friend in Chicago for $4.95 and it arrived very well packaged and within 5 day. Totally worth it.
Thanks for the info. Did they give you the option of when to ship it? I would hate to ship something and it arrive before we get home. I try to never keep items on the porch too long.

summerw, Could we please be added to the Be Our Guest list? Feb 19-22, Welcome Home trip. Thank you! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter