The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

I caught up reading this thread! We bought Riviera direct in Feb 2020, just before COVID became a thing, so we have our first trip coming up! We have a 2 BR Lock-off SV from July 9-17th 2021! Could you add us to you list? I also wondered about our view options. I called MS for a different reason once and the CM there put in a request for me for upper floor Epcot view ( I actually think she said 8th floor). Does this seem like the best request? She said she had stayed there and recommended that view. I realize the exact view is just a request, but are there any terrible views that I should be aware of? When I book with cash (at a deluxe) I usually decide view is worth the extra price, but when it coms to points I got frugal and chose a longer stay so I booked standard. I think which view we get for this first stay will help me decide if I should use more points for a better view - if we get a terrible one I may want to book a better vie win the future despite it taking so many more points! It's just such a huge difference.

We're really excited to stay at this resort, when we visited it it was very nice and the sample rooms blew us away. We were debating between CC and Riv, and after seeing the two rooms side by side we agreed that Riv was the way to go for us even though in general the WL is more our theming/style and we hated the resale restrictions. I found the lobby/shop rather small to my liking compared to pretty much all of the other resorts, which disappointed me, but I'm hoping that once we stay there I'll find that I don't even notice it or that I like it more than I expected to. I am fully expecting to go broke in that shop even though it's small, I want everything in it haha!

I caught up reading this thread! We bought Riviera direct in Feb 2020, just before COVID became a thing, so we have our first trip coming up! We have a 2 BR Lock-off SV from July 9-17th 2021! Could you add us to you list? I also wondered about our view options. I called MS for a different reason once and the CM there put in a request for me for upper floor Epcot view ( I actually think she said 8th floor). Does this seem like the best request? She said she had stayed there and recommended that view. I realize the exact view is just a request, but are there any terrible views that I should be aware of? When I book with cash (at a deluxe) I usually decide view is worth the extra price, but when it coms to points I got frugal and chose a longer stay so I booked standard. I think which view we get for this first stay will help me decide if I should use more points for a better view - if we get a terrible one I may want to book a better vie win the future despite it taking so many more points! It's just such a huge difference.

We're really excited to stay at this resort, when we visited it it was very nice and the sample rooms blew us away. We were debating between CC and Riv, and after seeing the two rooms side by side we agreed that Riv was the way to go for us even though in general the WL is more our theming/style and we hated the resale restrictions. I found the lobby/shop rather small to my liking compared to pretty much all of the other resorts, which disappointed me, but I'm hoping that once we stay there I'll find that I don't even notice it or that I like it more than I expected to. I am fully expecting to go broke in that shop even though it's small, I want everything in it haha!

Welcome home! Below is the RIV room/view map in case you want to make your request by room number or sequence.

Welcome home! Below is the RIV room/view map in case you want to make your request by room number or sequence.

View attachment 582313
Thanks! So for a 2BR lockoff I look for the one BR lockoffs and the studio next door also comes with it? From that I’m thinking 25 and 31 on a high floor look like what could be considered the best views, right? What do the ones further down the other wing look at besides the entrance and parking lot? I think my first choice is high floor, with second being facing Epcot. I would think those low floors would be relatively pretty bad, correct? I need to get on touring plans and see if they have the views in their system.

when I booked I had the choice of lockoff of dedicated, I chose lockoff thinking maybe the the extra sink area might be nice since we are a family of 6 also bringing 3 grandparents. I hope we (they haha, we get the master since we’re paying!) don’t mind having one pull down bed, I’ve second guessed my decision a few times but figured it shouldn’t be that big of a deal! Help me feel better about having a lockoff, or tell me why next time I should book dedicated.

Thanks! So for a 2BR lockoff I look for the one BR lockoffs and the studio next door also comes with it? From that I’m thinking 25 and 31 on a high floor look like what could be considered the best views, right? What do the ones further down the other wing look at besides the entrance and parking lot? I think my first choice is high floor, with second being facing Epcot. I would think those low floors would be relatively pretty bad, correct? I need to get on touring plans and see if they have the views in their system.

when I booked I had the choice of lockoff of dedicated, I chose lockoff thinking maybe the the extra sink area might be nice since we are a family of 6 also bringing 3 grandparents. I hope we (they haha, we get the master since we’re paying!) don’t mind having one pull down bed, I’ve second guessed my decision a few times but figured it shouldn’t be that big of a deal! Help me feel better about having a lockoff, or tell me why next time I should book dedicated.

I think you are right on the room choice. I would also say 15/17 is a good view. We always ask for high floor. You can look here https://www.disboards.com/threads/riviera-rooms-with-a-view.3782418/ for some pictures as well.

I have no comments on dedicated v. lock-off because I have never stayed in a lock-off. Sorry.

My family and I have a reservation coming up in 2 weeks for 12 nights at the Riviera in a 2 bedroom standard view. We paid cash through Disney. How can I make sure we don't get a lock off? Thanks!

Will there be any way to see EPCOT Forever from Riviera if we don't have a room with an EPCOT view?

My family and I have a reservation coming up in 2 weeks for 12 nights at the Riviera in a 2 bedroom standard view. We paid cash through Disney. How can I make sure we don't get a lock off? Thanks!
You specifically reserve one or the other. So I think your reservation should say either lockoff or dedicated, or maybe instead of dedicated it just says 2 BR.

ETA I just saw you said you paid cash. In that case I’m not sure, maybe call and ask and regardless have them note dedicated as a request?

I also wanted to add from what I read and was told back when I reserved a 2BR lockoff,
It sounded like there are some actual advantages and hardly any disadvantages to a lockoff, so I’m wondering why you’re so concerned? I’m curious, and I want to know so maybe next time I’ll book a dedicated if there are good reasons to that I didn’t think of prior.

I was told the extra kitchenette/sink area was nice if a lot of people might be getting ready for bed at the same time plus, that the pull down bed is equally comfortable and has little storage and charging books beside it that are very handy, you get an extra single pull down bed so if anyone wants it there is an extra sleeping surface, and depending on group
makeup the extra entrance can be a good thing. Also, if you don’t need both queen beds one can be left as a couch for space/seating (we need the bed so that doesn’t matter to is, and I assume it will just stay down).

IDK, it was enough to convince me to change from dedicated to lockoff when I booked at 11 mos, and I’ll find out soon if I regret it or not!

I think you are right on the room choice. I would also say 15/17 is a good view. We always ask for high floor. You can look here https://www.disboards.com/threads/riviera-rooms-with-a-view.3782418/ for some pictures as well.

I have no comments on dedicated v. lock-off because I have never stayed in a lock-off. Sorry.
I thought 15/17 initially as well, but now I see that isn’t standard. My track record in requests isn’t great, I just hope I don’t get something like 53 on the lowest floor! I know someone has to get those rooms, but I would rather it not be me lol!

I thought 15/17 initially as well, but now I see that isn’t standard. My track record in requests isn’t great, I just hope I don’t get something like 53 on the lowest floor! I know someone has to get those rooms, but I would rather it not be me lol!

Right. My fault. I forgot you said SV. My bad.

Will there be any way to see EPCOT Forever from Riviera if we don't have a room with an EPCOT view?

When we stayed in a tower studio, there were several families that just sat/stood in the parking lot / grass on that side of the building. Not sure how good the view was, but people did it every night.

Cash reservations are for dedicated. If you look at your booking info it should state 1 king bed and 2 queen beds plus the pull down beds. The 2 queen beds is the key to indicate dedicated.

Hey friends! We arrive this weekend and I’m bringing my parents. My dad is a smoker (ugh, I know…) - I’m wondering if anyone here might know where I can direct him to when he needs to do that. I keep reading there is a apparently a spot he can go, but I haven’t been able to nail down specifics. I am aware that he can *not* use the balcony. Thanks!
:)
The smoking area is past the pool bathrooms that are around the corner from Bar Riva. It is a nice, quiet looking patio area with some seating and maybe I remember some shade umbrellas. I don’t smoke, but saw the area when I was using the facilities.

I also wanted to add from what I read and was told back when I reserved a 2BR lockoff,
It sounded like there are some actual advantages and hardly any disadvantages to a lockoff, so I’m wondering why you’re so concerned? I’m curious, and I want to know so maybe next time I’ll book a dedicated if there are good reasons to that I didn’t think of prior.

I was told the extra kitchenette/sink area was nice if a lot of people might be getting ready for bed at the same time plus, that the pull down bed is equally comfortable and has little storage and charging books beside it that are very handy, you get an extra single pull down bed so if anyone wants it there is an extra sleeping surface, and depending on group
makeup the extra entrance can be a good thing. Also, if you don’t need both queen beds one can be left as a couch for space/seating (we need the bed so that doesn’t matter to is, and I assume it will just stay down).

IDK, it was enough to convince me to change from dedicated to lockoff when I booked at 11 mos, and I’ll find out soon if I regret it or not!
I understand that there isn’t really an advantage but My 13 year old and 15 year old each want a “real” bed and the shared bedroom.

I wanted to post it in here just in case people missed it but the Skyliner is going to be closed next year from Sunday, January 23rd through Thursday, January 28, 2022.

Has anyone had any experience getting a Topolino’s brunch table by joining the waitlist? If so, what time did you join and how long did you wait?

We've owned 75 points since before the opening but have only stayed once. Last February we stayed for the weekend and just fell in love more and more with the resort. Add-on-itis needed to be cured so just called and grabbed an additional 150(2x75). Now we won't feel limited. I know people rave resale and we also have an OKW resale but nothing beats that immediate satisfaction of direct points.

We've owned 75 points since before the opening but have only stayed once. Last February we stayed for the weekend and just fell in love more and more with the resort. Add-on-itis needed to be cured so just called and grabbed an additional 150(2x75). Now we won't feel limited. I know people rave resale and we also have an OKW resale but nothing beats that immediate satisfaction of direct points.
Plus in theory you will be able to use your direct points at upcoming resorts like DLH Tower. Congrats on the new points - Welcome Home for more/longer trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter