• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

We just booked a SV 2 bedroom from 6/3 to 6/10/2023 for a trip with our granddaughter and family. It will be our first non-studio, so we’ll see how well we like having a kitchen and laundry in the room.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. After going on tour to many of the WDW world resorts over the long holiday weekend I came back with very empty pockets but a very nice contract at RVA for the next 58 years. Thought for sure I was going to buy VGF but RVA won our hearts.

Please forgive us we we like VGC a little too much...... VGC is the best :)

Love RVA and looking forward to planning our first trip there in June 2023 :)

Hi everyone. After going on tour to many of the WDW world resorts over the long holiday weekend I came back with very empty pockets but a very nice contract at RVA for the next 58 years. Thought for sure I was going to buy VGF but RVA won our hearts.

Please forgive us we we like VGC a little too much...... VGC is the best :)

Love RVA and looking forward to planning our first trip there in June 2023 :)
Welcome Home!!

Hi RVA family! Question to help us book for our first trip. Considering doing a split stay and trying to splurge for a GV for a few nights. What GV would be better overall? The GVs near the pools (room(s) xx90) or the GVs closer to the Skyliner (xx06)? Also any suggestions on a higher or lower floor request?

Just looking at photos it looks like the ones closer to the pool have the nicer view but I wonder if you might be able to see fireworks from the xx06 rooms (off to the side) from your balcony at night. Might make those worth it. The xx06 rooms do seem like they have a longer walk to everything.

Hi RVA family! Question to help us book for our first trip. Considering doing a split stay and trying to splurge for a GV for a few nights. What GV would be better overall? The GVs near the pools (room(s) xx90) or the GVs closer to the Skyliner (xx06)? Also any suggestions on a higher or lower floor request?

Just looking at photos it looks like the ones closer to the pool have the nicer view but I wonder if you might be able to see fireworks from the xx06 rooms (off to the side) from your balcony at night. Might make those worth it. The xx06 rooms do seem like they have a longer walk to everything.
I've not stayed in a GV yet, but to your concern about the distance of the second GV - Riviera is not that big. Even a walk to the other end of the building doesn't take very long. :)

I was at the RIV shop last night and they had the pink Loungefly ears and backpacks in case anyone is still looking for them. I was happy to finally get them! They said they were just restocked.

Also this is our first stay here and WE LOVE IT.
We loved the themed merchandise at the property. Got Mickey and Minnie in the RVA outfits for our kids and I had to grab a mug for the collection. I’m sure we will keep adding to our RVA items as we visit over the years. Man I wish I was back. Only 11 months to go…..

Gearing up for our Welcome Home visit August 6th! I made a room request through touring plans. Will that be okay or should I try something else because it's DVC?

Gearing up for our Welcome Home visit August 6th! I made a room request through touring plans. Will that be okay or should I try something else because it's DVC?

I don’t use TP and only go through MS. But I don’t think it matters as each as the same chance of working.

One thing not to do is make a request through online check-in. It will override any other room requests. In any case, the choices available are limited.

One thing not to do is make a request through online check-in. It will override any other room requests. In any case, the choices available are limited.
Will this also impact the arrival time? I called MS and asked for a GV near the pool and a middle floor (I think the kids would love to see the action at the pool/play area. I didn’t specify arrival time yet as we are months away from booking flights. Once we know that do we call and add that info on too?

Will this also impact the arrival time? I called MS and asked for a GV near the pool and a middle floor (I think the kids would love to see the action at the pool/play area. I didn’t specify arrival time yet as we are months away from booking flights. Once we know that do we call and add that info on too?
Once you book flights, you can do online checkin (or update it if you already have). There’s a place to enter expected arrival time there, and the system does pay attention it. I usually get text messages the day before and the day of arrival asking me that if my expected arrival time of xx:xx has changed, to please update it.

Just finishing our third stay at RIV and can’t say enough how much we love it here and are glad we purchased at this resort. A huge thank you to everyone here who has helped offer advice when I asked during our 2 purchasing periods over the last year and a half!

Our family of four has stayed twice and loved it. During our March stay we were deciding between adding on at GFV or RIV. In the end, we went with RIV because we often bring grandparents/extended family and so wanted the flexibility of having all our points at one resort for the option of booking larger units 11 months out.

On this trip we were joined by 3 grandparents, an aunt, and an uncle all of whom have been to Disney many times and stayed at most DVC resorts with us at some point. I am happy to report they unanimously declared RIV as their new favorite resort. 🥰. Only downside for us is having to leave!

I am not seeing Riviera on the laundry monitoring website. Am I just missing it possibly or is there a different site they use?

Going to be in a Tower Studio in December so was just thinking about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter