The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

First Riviera stay for us will be thanksgiving week.

Two dining questions for you guys:

1. Good thanksgiving catering options that deliver to Riviera?
2. Topolinos dinner menu on thanksgiving day a regular menu or a pre fixe thanksgiving meal?

Thanks

2. Topolinos dinner menu on thanksgiving day a regular menu or a pre fixe thanksgiving meal?

Thanks

How many people are you trying to cater for would likely be a good question and are you trying to have a traditional meal? Oh and will you have a full kitchen as another option might be a pre-made meal you reheat.

Think they just had a special menu:
https://allears.net/dining/menu/topolinos-terrace/dinner/2021-thanksgiving-season

Thanks
He’s probably booked already, but I always recommend Chef Tony Tone (he’s a displaced cast member who has pivoted to own his own business). He delivered dinner to us at the Riviera last year and it was amazing.

So what was supposed to be a more reasonable budgeted trip with a stay at CBR, turned into a 2 bedroom villa at Riviera in February (splitting it with the in-laws).

Hopefully my husband doesn't get spoiled with the space, or we'll never go back to a regular hotel...

We stayed in a 2bd preferred in December for my 40th. I will have a very hard time ever booking another studio. Good luck!!!

He’s probably booked already, but I always recommend Chef Tony Tone (he’s a displaced cast member who has pivoted to own his own business). He delivered dinner to us at the Riviera last year and it was amazing.
Thanks for this info. I saved his site to my bookmarks and I’m going to consider a surprise Brunch in our villa for the family if I can budget it for our welcome home stay. I do like the food at Primo Piatto and I was going to call the concierge to see if we could work something out with them but I bet Tony does a great brunch and more value for your $.

Road the Skyliner over from Epcot to finally check out Primo Piatto last week! We got the spinach artichoke grilled chicken sandwich and the italian. Both were excellent! Large portions!

PXL_20220711_151504478.jpgPXL_20220711_151523369.jpg

Road the Skyliner over from Epcot to finally check out Primo Piatto last week! We got the spinach artichoke grilled chicken sandwich and the italian. Both were excellent! Large portions!

View attachment 686453View attachment 686454
Awesome. That ham and cheese sandwich is delicious there but I really wish they had some Dijon mustard to try on it. I’m likely going to just grab some at Publix on my next trip and give it a try. If I love it as much as I think I will I will eat too may of them…..

View attachment 686453View attachment 686454

My only thing I wish is that the fries would have more cheese throughout them. You make it happen but a little more cheese and them being tossed in it would help.

Hi Everyone! Just bought into the Riviera family. Looking forward to our trip next April. We didn't even visit but the comments and youtube videos made it look like a great place. I just have a quick question? Anyone play tennis or pickleball? Are there courts nearby? Thanks.

We stayed in a 2bd preferred in December for my 40th. I will have a very hard time ever booking another studio. Good luck!!!

It'll be our first time staying in a DVC villa. CBR turned into BC/YC because I wanted a balcony and then when we did the math it wasn't a ton more to just split the 2BR with his parents. Its my FIL's 65th birthday so figured there was reason to be a little more luxurious.

How many people are you trying to cater for would likely be a good question and are you trying to have a traditional meal? Oh and will you have a full kitchen as another option might be a pre-made meal you reheat.

Think they just had a special menu:
https://allears.net/dining/menu/topolinos-terrace/dinner/2021-thanksgiving-season
There are 4 adults and two young children in our party. We will have a full kitchen as we are staying in a 2 bedroom villa.

Ideally we would have a traditional thanksgiving meal for lunch (catered in room while watching football) and the regular topolinos menu for dinner. I chose this day because it is day 6 of our stay and was told it would be easier to book towards the end of our stay. Also it’s the only day we are not going to the parks.

It'll be our first time staying in a DVC villa. CBR turned into BC/YC because I wanted a balcony and then when we did the math it wasn't a ton more to just split the 2BR with his parents. Its my FIL's 65th birthday so figured there was reason to be a little more luxurious.

You're going to love it!

I am seriously considering adding points at Riviera. The resort is beautiful and the rooms look amazing. Are 2 bedrooms difficult to book at the start of December as an owner? We are planning to do every other year here.

So what was supposed to be a more reasonable budgeted trip with a stay at CBR, turned into a 2 bedroom villa at Riviera in February (splitting it with the in-laws).

Hopefully my husband doesn't get spoiled with the space, or we'll never go back to a regular hotel...

Our trip next month (2 nights at Poly, 6 at Riviera) will be our first stay in a studio since Feb. 2020. The space in the 2-BRs is just so spoiling, and it's actually what got us to add on a Riviera contract in 2020. We traveled in Aug. 2020, and we were staying on cash from a bounceback Free Dining promotion. Well because of the closures, we got bumped around a few times, and ended up getting a 1-BR at Copper Creek for the price of a hotel room at Beach Club (plus the 35% off for losing the free dining). When we got to CCV, they'd put us in a 2-BR. We started talking about how great the space was, how our parents could travel with us, even the kids traveling with significant others some day (they were 6 & 8 at the time), and decided to add on 200 points at Riviera (we had bought a 118-point contract at Copper Creek in early 2019).

This upcoming trip will be interesting. We've already had to explain the kids it's going to be different than the last few trips, back to the smaller rooms. At least the Murphy beds will help with space a bit.

Question for anyone, but mostly for coffee snobs like me:

I noticed that all 3 QS places at RIV (Bar Riva, Primo Piatto and the Petit Cafe) all offer multiple types of espresso/latte/macchiato on their menus -

Are these all the same Joffrey's-type coffees, or do any of them have their own specialty blends? And if any of them are different, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Question for anyone, but mostly for coffee snobs like me:

I noticed that all 3 QS places at RIV (Bar Riva, Primo Piatto and the Petit Cafe) all offer multiple types of espresso/latte/macchiato on their menus -

Are these all the same Joffrey's-type coffees, or do any of them have their own specialty blends? And if any of them are different, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!
The cinnamon spiced cold brew I had at riviera was the best coffee I’ve ever had and far above other coffee at the parks. The lattes there are fantastic as well.

The cinnamon spiced cold brew I had at riviera was the best coffee I’ve ever had and far above other coffee at the parks. The lattes there are fantastic as well.
Thanks! So was that at all the QS restaurants or a specific one?

I'm trying to gauge the differences, if any, of the coffee between the QS places specifically at RIV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter