The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

So - dumb question: I was just looking on the TP Room Finder, and never noticed this before (we stayed there on rented points once and were coincidentally on the 8th floor) - why do all the room numbers start with an 8?

I see that the second number is the floor number and the last 2 numbers are the actual room numbers for that floor. But what's with the 8?

I know that the ownership segment is 8A (or 8B, or whatever), but still seems like it's unnecessary to be there...

Just wondering...:blush:

Tiffany Town Car is who we use.

Leaving for our Welcome Home trip in the morning! They will be picking us up at the airport.

So - dumb question: I was just looking on the TP Room Finder, and never noticed this before (we stayed there on rented points once and were coincidentally on the 8th floor) - why do all the room numbers start with an 8?

I see that the second number is the floor number and the last 2 numbers are the actual room numbers for that floor. But what's with the 8?

I know that the ownership segment is 8A (or 8B, or whatever), but still seems like it's unnecessary to be there...

Just wondering...:blush:

I had heard that the Riviera was built on the spot where the CBR building 8 used to be.
Don't know if that's true or not.

I had heard that the Riviera was built on the spot where the CBR building 8 used to be.
Don't know if that's true or not.

Its correct that there used to be CBR buildings there, the former Barbados section. However the room numbers there started with 1, not 8.

We just got back from our first stay as owners and we absolutely loved the resort, the room everything really! We had a preferred room on the 3rd floor (which was maybe a tiny bit disapointing because we had requested a high floor, but it wasn't a big issue at all really).

The room was stunning and the pictures really don't do it justice in our opinion, we also loved how relaxed it felt, we also stayed at PVB and AKL which are also stunning but didn't feel as relaxing as the Riviera. The quiet pool was lovely, and whilst we were initially a bit worried about it being surrounded on all sides, we didn't feel overlooked at all.

The skyliner to Epcot was great in our explerience, and we walked to CBR to take it to HS which again was really easy.

The only minor niggle we had was Primo Piatto, the food was fine, but the menu did feel kind of limited, and with the lack of a table service (other than Topolino's - where the breakfast was amazing) meant we did travel to Epcot regularly to eat, but again this is only really a very minor niggle, I just felt the Primo Piatto menu could be a little more extensive.

Overall though, we were thrilled and can't wait to get back as soon as possible!

Please add us to the Be Our Guest list:
(kboo)
Dec 19-23 studio SV
Dec 30-Jan 2 studio SV

Past stays:
Dec 2019 - 1br SV
April 2021 - stu SV
August 2021 - 1br SV

I’m going to be leaving some clean, older (2018-2020) popcorn buckets (for anyone who collects them) and a M Old Navy dress in the laundry room later today. The dress is a tank style, knit, navy/white striped and worn maybe once. We kept it in the owner’s locker as a back up dress, but it’s full/ankle length and too long for me.

We are officially owners at RIV. We bought 75 direct points earlier this month. We took a tour back in September. DW and I loved the resort primarily for our adults only trip once a year. This is our second home resort, we also own at PVB. Can't wait for our first stay there.

We are officially owners at RIV. We bought 75 direct points earlier this month. We took a tour back in September. DW and I loved the resort primarily for our adults only trip once a year. This is our second home resort, we also own at PVB. Can't wait for our first stay there.

Welcome home!! We love our couples trips to RIV. For what it's worth, my wife and I are perfectly comfortable staying in a tower studio and actually love the views from them.

Welcome home!! We love our couples trips to RIV. For what it's worth, my wife and I are perfectly comfortable staying in a tower studio and actually love the views from them.
Good to know. We were thinking those will work out perfect. We'll typically stay two nights in September for F&W and DS. The Tower Studio will work well. Definitely need to book those early from the looks of it.

Good to know. We were thinking those will work out perfect. We'll typically stay two nights in September for F&W and DS. The Tower Studio will work well. Definitely need to book those early from the looks of it.

Yes. You will need to book at 11 months, for sure.

We just returned from our first stay as owners here. We had a preferred view 3rd floor near elevator. There’s a smoking area below but we never smelled smoke while on our balcony. I’m very sensitive to smoke smells and have an excellent sense of smell and have no clue how we could be so close and not smell it.
Anyway- we absolutely love the resort. There’s not one negative. The skyliner is fantastic! The rooms are just beautiful. Staff are great, all the little areas that are actually usable and available. The pools are not crowded. The food is the best on property including The quick service. The resort size is perfect.
We were never super jacked up on the property and I purchased a fixed week mainly because the price last year was too good to pass up and we needed some extra points.
We like it better than any other property by a long shot, including our other home resorts at AKV and Aulani.

We have just become owners at RIV, we took advantage of the direct offer with DVC in December and purchased 300 points. We are in the UK so our welcome home trip isn’t until September 2022 but we are so excited for it!

Sep 07-20 1 Bedroom SV

RIVIERA'S BE OUR GUEST LIST
Will you be joining us at the Riviera? Comment on this thread with your dates to be added below!

February
BradW: February 1-5, 1-Bedroom PV, Welcome Home Trip
Sandisw: February 8-10, 1-Bedroom SV
Evita_W: February 10-16
Transferteck: February 13-15, Tower Studio
havoc315: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
Lorana: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
brazzledazzler: February 19-22, Deluxe Studio SV, Welcome Home Trip
jdd: February 19-22, Deluxe Studio SV, Welcome Home Trip
jamesweikamp: February 28 - March 6, Tower Studio
Our dates have changed, we will now be there Feb 8 to 17 since our waitlist came through!

We have just become owners at RIV, we took advantage of the direct offer with DVC in December and purchased 300 points. We are in the UK so our welcome home trip isn’t until September 2022 but we are so excited for it!

Sep 07-20 1 Bedroom SV
Welcome Home, Neighbors!! Riviera is SO great!

We bought about a month ago at Riviera, our first stay there will be November 23rd-29th in a 2 Bedroom SV (Non-Lockoff).

Our "Welcome Home" stay will be at BoardWalk in a 1BR this February. I wish it was at RIV, but we wanted to save as many points as possible for the bigger November trip and our guide was able to get us the 1BR at BoardWalk despite it showing no availability, so we went for it.

I would like for us to be able to see the fireworks from our RIV room, and I thought I read some rooms are firework view, even for Standard, is that true? I was going to put in a room request, to at least take a shot, but if there aren't any then I don't want to waste their time.

Thanks all! Really looking forward to these trips and many more!

Last edited:
We bought about a month ago at Riviera, our first stay there will be November 23rd-39th in a 2 Bedroom SV (Non-Lockoff).

Our "Welcome Home" stay will be at BoardWalk in a 1BR this February. I wish it was at RIV, but we wanted to save as many points as possible for the bigger November trip and our guide was able to get us the 1BR at BoardWalk despite it showing no availability, so we went for it.

I would like for us to be able to see the fireworks from our RIV room, and I thought I read some rooms are firework view, even for Standard, is that true? I was going to put in a room request, to at least take a shot, but if there aren't any then I don't want to waste their time.

Thanks all! Really looking forward to these trips and many more!
Awesome! Hope you have a great time!

Like you, we were trying to go November 31st-39th, but that non-existent November week was all booked. So we're going December 4th-11th instead. 😝

Awesome! Hope you have a great time!

Like you, we were trying to go November 31st-39th, but that non-existent November week was all booked. So we're going December 4th-11th instead. 😝

Ha! Yeah not sure where that came from. Really stretching the powers of pixie dust.

Yes, we had a standard view 1 BR with an excellent view of the Epcot fireworks. Somewhere on DISboards is a thread with RIV room numbers, views and photos, and a photo of the view from our balcony is in there. It was February 2020. I'd just request a high floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter