The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Quick question about how room availability works given that all units are not declared. Does that mean that undeclared units cannot be rented out as DVC? Or do they not care about specific rooms and just monitor quantity of rooms being rented out to members to make sure it stays at the number of units declared? I would assume the rooms they show for tours are kept out of the pool of rented units, but that got me thinking about if they block off other units as “undeclared” or for cash rentals only.

Quick question about how room availability works given that all units are not declared. Does that mean that undeclared units cannot be rented out as DVC? Or do they not care about specific rooms and just monitor quantity of rooms being rented out to members to make sure it stays at the number of units declared? I would assume the rooms they show for tours are kept out of the pool of rented units, but that got me thinking about if they block off other units as “undeclared” or for cash rentals only.

My understanding is that undeclared units are by type of unit and not by specific room numbers (i.e., XXX studios, YYY 1-beds, etc.).

Rooms are declared for DVC but they can be in any location of the resort. The declaration will spell out a specific location but it is actually the type of room that matters for reservations with points. This link has the most recent DVC inventory available.
https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program/fin...er-2021-declaration-adds-21-villas-to-riviera

summerw, Could we please be added to the Be Our Guest list? Feb 19-22, Welcome Home trip. Thank you! :goodvibes

Added! Sorry it took so long! I can also add your room type if you'd like. Welcome Home, Neighbor!!

Hi, everyone. I updated all the hours I could find and amended Dining Plan and Monte Cristo info. If there's anything else that needs it, I'm happy to change it. I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

We leave for our Christmas week trip in 29 days! If anyone wants pics of anything or any other info, just tell me what my mission is...

Hi, everyone. I updated all the hours I could find and amended Dining Plan and Monte Cristo info. If there's anything else that needs it, I'm happy to change it. I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

We leave for our Christmas week trip in 29 days! If anyone wants pics of anything or any other info, just tell me what my mission is...

We will be there for a week starting Saturday. I am happy to track down any information people need as well.

A few questions for folks who’ve recently visited or are staying there soon:

Any indication if Primo Piatto will be going back to bringing food to your table and serving food in real dishware again?

Are they still offering drinks from Le Petit in the Voyageurs Lounge?

And any idea what the recent recreation/activities schedule has been?

Any indication if Primo Piatto will be going back to bringing food to your table and serving food in real dishware again?

I'm starting to suspect many of the changes at Primo Piatto are permanent. I wish they would bring back the full dinner menu but going on almost over a year and a half, I'm not super optimistic.

Not sure what you mean about offering drinks from Le Petit in the Lounge... the Lounge is right behind Le Petit, so easy to grab your drink and bring it to the lounge.

I'm starting to suspect many of the changes at Primo Piatto are permanent. I wish they would bring back the full dinner menu but going on almost over a year and a half, I'm not super optimistic.

Not sure what you mean about offering drinks from Le Petit in the Lounge... the Lounge is right behind Le Petit, so easy to grab your drink and bring it to the lounge.
Yeah, I suspect across WDW many of the QS changes will become permanent.

Re: the lounge, at one point they were dropping little blue menu books on some of the tables at the lounge with the Le Petit menu and a CM from Le Petit would walk around once in a while and could take your order.

Attachments

• 6A79B731-733C-49BF-9F28-531D2041650B.jpeg
    6A79B731-733C-49BF-9F28-531D2041650B.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 30
Hello all! Just switched our Dopey reservation from Gran Destino Tower to Riviera! We are so excited to try out a new resort! Dates are January 4-January 10 in a preferred 1 bedroom.

We are not planning on doing any parks so would love to know any neat activities or favorite parts of Riviera to fully appreciate the resort while we are there. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hello all! Just switched our Dopey reservation from Gran Destino Tower to Riviera! We are so excited to try out a new resort! Dates are January 4-January 10 in a preferred 1 bedroom.

We are not planning on doing any parks so would love to know any neat activities or favorite parts of Riviera to fully appreciate the resort while we are there. Any thoughts? Thanks!

When we stayed, just riding the skyliner was fun and relaxing. I believe they have a scavenger hunt for all the skyliner resorts. Lounging by the pool was another activity we enjoyed.

In my opinion they really need to bring back the full menu. We’ve only done short trips since the pandemic and even with only staying a few days I got extremely tired of the few food options they had available. I’ve sent disney two emails about it but I’m not sure that does much good.

In my opinion they really need to bring back the full menu. We’ve only done short trips since the pandemic and even with only staying a few days I got extremely tired of the few food options they had available. I’ve sent disney two emails about it but I’m not sure that does much good.

When we were there, we also went over and ordered from CBR for a few things to expand our options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter