The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

9 Days out from our 2BR Standard View (fingers crossed for a good view of the fireworks)

Side note:
Neither my parents or kids have ever saw WDW fireworks with my parents having been to WDW a number of times but always leaving just before.

We plan on hitting both Epcot and MK for the Deluxe after hours and watching the fireworks as part of that.

We are looking at booking a preferred view deluxe studio. What does a preferred view entail? We are hoping for Epcot fireworks?!?

9 Days out from our 2BR Standard View (fingers crossed for a good view of the fireworks)

Side note:
Neither my parents or kids have ever saw WDW fireworks with my parents having been to WDW a number of times but always leaving just before.

We plan on hitting both Epcot and MK for the Deluxe after hours and watching the fireworks as part of that.
We are 10 days out from the same! 2 bed standard!

We booked a standard studio for two nights this past weekend and were upgraded to a preferred view room. Our room looked out over the lake between the skyliner station and the parking lot. We were in the parks late so not sure if we would have had a fireworks view from there or not.

We booked a standard studio for two nights this past weekend and were upgraded to a preferred view room. Our room looked out over the lake between the skyliner station and the parking lot. We were in the parks late so not sure if we would have had a fireworks view from there or not.
Is that area considered a preferred view?

Not sure. Just going by the fact that the resort information updated to state preferred view when we received our room information on day of check in with our room number.

Is that area considered a preferred view?
Yes, Skyliner view is ”preferred”. Standard views are along the front of the resort (see resort room layout on page 1 of this thread). All other rooms, including rooms on both sides of the wings (East/Topolino’s side and West/Skyliner side) are preferred. Tower studios have a 1 in 3 shot of Epcot fireworks view, according to our DVC tour guide, and the middle tower studio on each floor has a partial fireworks view.
We were in 8510 last month in the west wing and our 2BR overlooked the quiet pool. No fireworks view. Topolino’s Terrace has a great view of both Epcot and MK fireworks (and can see Expedition Everest at AK), but was only accessible if you had a reservation at Topolino’s. Hoping that changes before our next visit in a standard view.

New Riviera owner here and just booked our Welcome Home trip for March 30-April 2nd. Was hoping for a Tower Studio, but our Orientation Guide said she could book us a Deluxe Studio Standard or Preferred. Splurged and went with the Preferred! Excited the Guide could get us the room since the member site said nothing was available during that time period.

New Riviera owner here and just booked our Welcome Home trip for March 30-April 2nd. Was hoping for a Tower Studio, but our Orientation Guide said she could book us a Deluxe Studio Standard or Preferred. Splurged and went with the Preferred! Excited the Guide could get us the room since the member site said nothing was available during that time period.
New RIV owner/first time buyer! Can't wait for our first stay this fall in a 1 BR.

Welcome home!!

I would like for us to be able to see the fireworks from our RIV room, and I thought I read some rooms are firework view, even for Standard, is that true? I was going to put in a room request, to at least take a shot, but if there aren't any then I don't want to waste their time.
The fireworks views are from the standard rooms, and many on the west side (Skyliner side) have a view of both Epcot and MK fireworks. I believe, 4 stays in, that every standard room can see at least one park's FW, if not both. I think if you are above the lobby or anywhere to the west of that you'll be able to see both.

Unfortunately on this last trip, 12/31 was the day that I and my kids came down with covid symptoms and so we were asleep before midnight. DH saw both and said the Epcot's New Year's fireworks this year were the most amazing fireworks he's seen anywhere, hands down (and we saw MK's in 2019). I am still mad at him for not waking me up. (Symptoms were not that bad, and we started our road trip home the next day.)

Are they doing smores and fires at Riviera right now?
Yes! I believe it's off to the left if you are facing CBR.

Hello! We are in a 1 bedroom standard view what is the best room requests for firework views ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter