The Official October 2013 Trip Planning Thread

I am planning a trip for the 17th- 21st. I am very excited. I think we will be staying at AOA. There are 5 of us going. Myself, hubby and son who will be 5. My brother in law and his son who will be 17 will also be joining us. I haven't been since my son was one so I am very excited. I used to go 3 times a year. So, it feels like its been forever!

:welcome: I have you added to the first post! That sounds like a fun trip! I bet you are going absolutely crazy to get back since you used to go so often.

DH and I are going Oct 8-12, staying at BCV. This will be his first trip in at least 15 years, DD and DS have been my Disney buddies. The only thing that will get him there is our new grandson (born on Halloween, 2012) I know he is a bit young but I am hoping for baby time while his mom and dad have some time for themselves. Purely thinking of them, of course :laughing:

:welcome: I have you added to the first post! I keep telling my husband that it's awesome to have my own kids, but I'm more excited for them to have kids! They're still young, only 3 and 5, but I'm excited to be a grandma. :rotfl: I love your motives! It's also exciting that your hubby is going along!

The hubs and I have decided that our October trip is just going to be the two of us!!! I am seriously over the moon with this! We're doing a different (ie: cheaper) family vacation this year and going to take the family next October to WDW. DH and I have been talking about just the two of us going for quite a long time. We're both pretty stoked. :dance3:

It's been fun thinking about where we want to eat. Since it will just be the two of us, signatures will definitely be happening! Narcoossee's & Le Cellier dinners, I can't go to WDW and not go to 'Ohana for dinner, and Sanaa for lunch. For now, those are it. I'm also thinking the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast on our last day. Lobster eggs benedict! Sign me up! :worship:

Well, I'm booked.

October 27-November 3. Staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Celebrating my DGD's fifth birthday (born 10/31/08).

Well, I'm booked.

October 27-November 3. Staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Celebrating my DGD's fifth birthday (born 10/31/88).

:welcome: I have you added to the first post! How awesome to spend a vacation with your granddaughter. Did you mean she was born in 08? How exciting!

:welcome: I have you added to the first post! How awesome to spend a vacation with your granddaughter. Did you mean she was born in 08? How exciting!

Yes. (Edited my last post).

Technically, she's not a WDW newbie. We took her to Animal Kingdom in February 2010. At the time, we could only afford one day pass. We've saved, and now we're getting six day passes. :cool1: Right now, $1,500 in Disney gift cards. With another 52 weeks to go.

Hello all!! :wave2:

I actually started the November 2013 thread because I will be there then as well, but I'd love to be apart of this thread too :goodvibes

We are going Oct 25th - Nov 2nd and staying at AoA. It will be my family (myself, DH and our 2 daughters who will be 7 & 8) my father, and my inlaws. I'm really excited to go - We were supposed to go last Oct with my parents, but my father suffered a heart attack a few days before our trip (they were already in Florida) and missed the trip entirely. I had so many special things planned, a specialty cake at one of our TS dinners, VIP seating for the Boo To You parade, a special package waiting for us in our room (2 bdrm villa @ Saratoga), tea at the GF with my mom and girls..... We wanted to have a "re-do" and booked again for Oct 2013, but my mother passed away this past October from complications with breast cancer.
At least my father will be able to come with us this trip, and I plan on making it all as memorable as possible.

I let my daughter watch the 2013 Dinsey planning DVD and she now insists that we stay at AOA. I really want to stay at POFQ or POR. Since it is her birthday trip, I might concede to her wishes. Has anyone her stayed in the LM rooms at AOA?

We were at Disney in Deceber of 2011 at one of the All Stars and while there was nothing really wrong, I just was hoping for a moderate for this next trip.

We are already on the chart. October 17 - 22.

We are staying at AoA for our October 2013, but we are staying in a family suite.

We were originally going to stay at the AKL but we decided to switch to a family suite because my DH is a night owl. That way DD can go to sleep early but DH and I don't have to. We are staying in the Finding Nemo section.

Hello all! My trip is to celebrate 18 months of SMobriety. I quit smoking February 22, 2012 and opened a savings account. I put all money I would have spent on cigarettes into that account. I'll have $3300 by the time of my trip. We were originally just going to the darkside, but we are now doing Epcot as well. My budget just has to cover transportation, lodging, and tickets. 2 days of Food and Wine Fest, then darkside ending with 2 nights of HHN.

28-5 ~ fizbobunny (BWV / HRH) Celebrating 18 Months of SMObriety!

On my last trip we stayed our last night at AoA LM. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

I enjoyed the resort, but if I ever do a split stay again it will go up in categories, not down.

:welcome: to all of the new October travelers! I have all of you added to the first page! :goodvibes

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Count us in!

We will be heading to the Poly 10/20-28! Staying GV club

Looking forward to MNSSHP and F&W and meeting up with our friends!

Happy planing!

Count us in!

We will be heading to the Poly 10/20-28! Staying GV club

Looking forward to MNSSHP and F&W and meeting up with our friends!

Happy planing!

:welcome: I just added you to the first page. Have you stayed at the Poly before? That is my dream resort and hoping to stay there in October.

We are TOTAL Disney newbies, planning a trip Oct 19-27 to celebrate my 40th birthday! None of our details are finalized yet.

Set our dates Oct 16-21, 2013! Haven't decided on a resort yet but leaning towards the moderate. It will be my husband first time to WDW actually his first trip to Florida. I haven't been in 10 years myself. Traveling with our 28 month old..should be interesting!! Super excited. Any suggestions on resorts will be greatly appreciated!!

Set our dates Oct 16-21, 2013! Haven't decided on a resort yet but leaning towards the moderate. It will be my husband first time to WDW actually his first trip to Florida. I haven't been in 10 years myself. Traveling with our 28 month old..should be interesting!! Super excited. Any suggestions on resorts will be greatly appreciated!!

POFQ Sept 28 till Oct 6.:thumbsup2

:welcome: I have both of you added to the first post!

I've gotta say, your doing a great job keeping this thread updated

Aww, thank you! I kept track of the September 2011 thread also and had such a fantastic time. I met quite a few ladies from there that I still keep in touch with on Facebook. :goodvibes I'm hoping our thread gets more active with trip planning talk soon. :rotfl:

We are in the planning stages of an October trip. We are looking at Oct 5 - 10, but we are waiting for next school year calendar to be released. So far it will be me, DS - 8, my sister, my nephew - 2, and my mom. My DH, brother, and sister's boyfriend may join us depending on their work schedules. We are looking at ASMo or POR, depending on any discounts or pins. Will post when things are more concrete.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter