The Official October 2013 Trip Planning Thread

figmentswife

One little spark will light your fancy
I didn't see that anyone else had started an October 2013 thread, so I decided I would. In the early stages of planning an October 2013 trip for DH, DD and myself. Dates may change but as of now we are thinking October 10-18.

WHO IS WITH ME????

Running List: as of 8/1/12

Suzimar57 - TBD
figmentswife - 10/10 - 10/18
3monkeymomma - POR
PRmamiPEdos - 10/17 - 10/20 - BW or BC
FigmentChick - 10/31-11/9 - POR

YEAY!!!!:cool1: What are you planning so far? We haven't even officially. I picked our dates and I can't decide where to stay.

We will likely be going in Late October 2013. I can't wait to pick dates. We'll be staying at POR.

figmentswife said:
I didn't see that anyone else had started an October 2013 thread, so I decided I would. In the early stages of planning an October 2013 trip for DH, DD and myself. Dates may change but as of now we are thinking October 10-18.

WHO IS WITH ME????

ME, ME, ME!!!! DH and I will be LEAVING THE KIDS HOME!!!!! We will be spending a long weekend at the F&W for our anniversary weekend from 10/17/13-10/20/13. I have my calendar alert to remind me when to book our DVC villa. Since we own at AKL, I can't book until March and I'm hoping I can still get a BW or BC studio at that point.

P.S.the kids are upset, but too bad. LOL

We will likely be going in Late October 2013. I can't wait to pick dates. We'll be staying at POR.

:welcome:

ME, ME, ME!!!! DH and I will be LEAVING THE KIDS HOME!!!!! We will be spending a long weekend at the F&W for our anniversary weekend from 10/17/13-10/20/13. I have my calendar alert to remind me when to book our DVC villa. Since we own at AKL, I can't book until March and I'm hoping I can still get a BW or BC studio at that point.

P.S.the kids are upset, but too bad. LOL

:welcome: You go girl, the kids will get over it. My kids would never let me live it down if I went without them (ok the 17 year old doesn't care, but to 10 year old would)

I'm with you, figmentswife!!!! :) I've already called and I'm paying the downpayment on Friday. So excited!!! I think you and I both went in October 2011, right?

I've got our dates down pat: October 31st through November 9th at POR. We'll be neighbors! (you have to ask yourself: do I really want the crazy chick as my neighbor? lol)

AND.....to add new excitement to something that has become "old hat" to our older two children: we're going to take the auto train. It's going to save me approx $1,000. I can't wait. I just hope hubby does ok in an enclosed space for 17 hours.

Talk to you all soon!!!!!pixiedust:

I'm with you, figmentswife!!!! :) I've already called and I'm paying the downpayment on Friday. So excited!!! I think you and I both went in October 2011, right?

YEP - we did!!!! That was my best trip EVER - just went again in April with friends - and it was BAD - so this is going to be our "make up" trip - NO FRIENDS!!!!:cool1:

I've got our dates down pat: October 31st through November 9th at POR. We'll be neighbors! (you have to ask yourself: do I really want the crazy chick as my neighbor? lol)

AND.....to add new excitement to something that has become "old hat" to our older two children: we're going to take the auto train. It's going to save me approx $1,000. I can't wait. I just hope hubby does ok in an enclosed space for 17 hours. So excited for you. I have talked DH into flying for next trip, but we will see.

Talk to you all soon!!!!!pixiedust:

Today, I went to Target and got a Mickey mouse binder, folder and notebook. We are looking at renting DVC, would love it if Swan/Dolphin has employee rates available (but we won't know this until about 60 days before we leave).
I am not banking on FREE Dining for next year b\c this year that time frame was blocked out this year. Plus I did the calculations and - we can eat 3 meals a day including 3 Character meals EXTRA and still be around $100 cheaper overall, so I think we will be paying OOP, unless they do offer the free dining.

Also, at this point, I am thinking we will NOT do matching shirts again (if you know me, you know that we usually wear them everyday), but when we were there in April, I found that I would have been much more comfortable in a tank most days....however, If the tanks I like (don't like the tight ones) go on sale for $3 or less - I will TOTALLY be getting them and have to rethink the whole thing. We will however, do "birthday" shirts on the 11th for DD birthday.

I actually am kinda banking on free dining. LOL Next year, we will be going one week later than we normally do because we want to see the cross-over between Halloween and Christmas. Plus, the tail end will overlap with "Jersey Week" and my kids will loose two days less of school.

We do not do the matching shirt thing....hubby would kill me. :D It's enough that I get a "theme" going (all Mickey shirts, all Epcot shirts, etc.). I haven't started my binder yet, but I will.

If free dining isn't offered....no skin off our nose. We'll do just fine picking up CS around the parks. We normally don't eat all that much as it is, but the table service is nice so we can try new restaurants. I think I'm going to try and convince the family to try Coral Reef.....hubby already agreed to Le Cellier (you can bet I will be online at 5:30 am on May 4th. ;)).

I'm sorry about your April trip. That is one reason why we don't give our dates and exact resort to our family & friends. That sounds horrible, doesn't it? LOL We'll tell them we're going to Disney "towards the end of October" and "we're staying onsite". We've actually had the problem of a friend wanting to join us.....hubby said no way.

OK...that's all for now. I have to merge yesterday's sales orders and do payroll.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

I'm sorry about your April trip. That is one reason why we don't give our dates and exact resort to our family & friends. That sounds horrible, doesn't it? LOL We'll tell them we're going to Disney "towards the end of October" and "we're staying onsite". We've actually had the problem of a friend wanting to join us.....hubby said no way.

I'm having that problem right now. I've already made this a trip for my mom, sister, niece, nephew, DH, DD, DS and I. When I told my best friend I was running the marathon in January, she said "maybe I'll send ____ with you". Eeek! How do I tell her we don't have the room?:guilty:

me me me ! :cool1: We're planning on the 19th-27th.

Maybe we'll be neighbors. Not sure if we're staying AoA or POR/POFQ yet.

I actually have 2 different IRL good friends who are ALSO thinking about planning October Disney trips :rotfl: I think it would be hilarious if we all went the same time. Not really going "together", but since we all tend to think along the same lines, we'd probably all download the same touring plan :rolleyes: We shall see.

I'm in serious saving mode... and then DH's vehicle broke down on the way to work this morning (I have the new van, he has the beater that I've owned since before we even met! Poor CR-V has over 150,000 miles). So those obviously-needed repairs are eating into the savings that I had put away already :sad1:

I'm still super excited though! :goofy:

I am typing this from my phone on the new dis app....so will see if it goes through.......

FigmentChick is the super cool one......figmentswife.....is married to him.

Hehehe. Will type more tomorrow

Also, I am VERY confused between FigmentChick and figmentswife :upsidedow

I am typing this from my phone on the new dis app....so will see if it goes through.......

FigmentChick is the super cool one......figmentswife.....is married to him.

Hehehe. Will type more tomorrow
You guys are too much!!! LOL :rotfl:

I am a short, *loud*, redhead with three kids and a hubby. Oh, and don't let figmentswife fool you....she's cool, too! And I can't remember where figmentswife is from, but I'm from South Jersey. Maybe I'll change my profile pic (I just got a passport and can use that picture!.....at least my hair is under control in it!).

Anyway.....just put my $200 down this morning! Whoo-hoo!!! I am just so excited. I know I have over a year, but I just love planning and replanning and more planning and tweaking. Also, signed up for a new survey site that will help me earn some money towards my vacation. The way I look at it, anything helps (and if hubby signs up too, that's twice the money!).

Talk to you all later!:wave2:

I'm having that problem right now. I've already made this a trip for my mom, sister, niece, nephew, DH, DD, DS and I. When I told my best friend I was running the marathon in January, she said "maybe I'll send ____ with you". Eeek! How do I tell her we don't have the room?:guilty:

You say...."I DON'T HAVE ROOM...in my car, in my room - I DON"T HAVE ROOM. Do NOT let someone else "send" someone else with you.

me me me ! :cool1: We're planning on the 19th-27th.

Maybe we'll be neighbors. Not sure if we're staying AoA or POR/POFQ yet.

I actually have 2 different IRL good friends who are ALSO thinking about planning October Disney trips :rotfl: I think it would be hilarious if we all went the same time. Not really going "together", but since we all tend to think along the same lines, we'd probably all download the same touring plan :rolleyes: We shall see.

I'm in serious saving mode... and then DH's vehicle broke down on the way to work this morning (I have the new van, he has the beater that I've owned since before we even met! Poor CR-V has over 150,000 miles). So those obviously-needed repairs are eating into the savings that I had put away already :sad1:

I'm still super excited though! :goofy:
You can do it - and it will be sooooooo worth it.

DH always says : I have to work to pay to see the rat. (we told Mickey DH called him a rat last October....It was SOOOOOO funny, he put his fist up and Minnie started stomping her foot - wish I had it on video

You guys are too much!!! LOL :rotfl:

I am a short, *loud*, redhead with three kids and a hubby. Oh, and don't let figmentswife fool you....she's cool, too! And I can't remember where figmentswife is from, but I'm from South Jersey. Maybe I'll change my profile pic (I just got a passport and can use that picture!.....at least my hair is under control in it!).

Anyway.....just put my $200 down this morning! Whoo-hoo!!! I am just so excited. I know I have over a year, but I just love planning and replanning and more planning and tweaking. Also, signed up for a new survey site that will help me earn some money towards my vacation. The way I look at it, anything helps (and if hubby signs up too, that's twice the money!). Do you have a smart phone? If so, download Shopkick...you earn kicks by walking into stores and those "kicks" can earn you gift cards - I save up my kicks and turn them in for target gift cards, then turn around and buy Disney gift cards with them - Last trip I had $25 in target gift cards, and got my 5% off at target - I think I saved a total of about $200.:cheer2:

Oh and I am in NC.

Talk to you all later!:wave2:
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!! You plan that trip girl. No deposit yet over here for many reason's, don't know where we are going to stay and such, also I feel like the more people that make their reservations, the less likly they are to put out a discount - if the rooms are booked, the y don't need to fill them, so I like to wait until about 2-3 before the trip.

WOW!!!! It has been a super long 2 days here. I have not even had the chance to look at the Dis or Disney stuff.

Just got an iPhone on Wednesday. I upgraded two years ago (well after my avail upgrade date) and then, a couple of months later, Sprint got the iPhone. UGH That's my luck, though.

I will definitely check in to ShopKick; sounds like it is the thing for me. I downloaded the My Disney Experience today....me very first App. Donny (my husband) was laughing at me because on the way home from work, I was telling him what the wait times were at certain attractions. :rotfl2:

There is some kind of vacation planning app - I had it for the last trip, but I like my binder so I didn't use it then deleted it.

For shopkick - you also are looking for the store with a star in the green ball - you can collect kicks form home on these - if there is a star in it. I do it 2 times each day. Also last year if you opened the app during some commercials you would get extra kicks.

I average per day (just from daily kicks) about 7-20 kicks. Walk in kicks are best - they just started doing walk-in kicks for Target about 2 months ago - AWESOME. But the others for walk ins are Best Buy & Old Navy. If I am near them , I will do the walk in, if not, then I don't bother.

Oh, and some days they will be doing extra walk in kicks - the other day you could get 300 kicks for target walk ins.

Oh, a walk in kick is when you have the app open when you walk in to the store (the app MUST be open) you can also scan specific items at a bunch of stores.

It takes 500 kicks for $2.00
1250 for $5.00
2500 for $10.00
6250 for $25.00

I have gotten about $75 in "gift cards" since I started about a year ago, and I DO NOT scan often or do many walk in kicks, but I do check for kicks daily.

Good luck - I love this app.

Oh, and I am SOOOOOOO glad you got the iphone this week - now it means the iphone 5 will come out and I can get it and get rid of my droid.:lmao: - I like the bigger screen, and rumor is that the iphone 5 will have at least a 4 inch screen and be 4g.

There is some kind of vacation planning app - I had it for the last trip, but I like my binder so I didn't use it then deleted it.

For shopkick - you also are looking for the store with a star in the green ball - you can collect kicks form home on these - if there is a star in it. I do it 2 times each day. Also last year if you opened the app during some commercials you would get extra kicks.

I average per day (just from daily kicks) about 7-20 kicks. Walk in kicks are best - they just started doing walk-in kicks for Target about 2 months ago - AWESOME. But the others for walk ins are Best Buy & Old Navy. If I am near them , I will do the walk in, if not, then I don't bother.

Oh, and some days they will be doing extra walk in kicks - the other day you could get 300 kicks for target walk ins.

Oh, a walk in kick is when you have the app open when you walk in to the store (the app MUST be open) you can also scan specific items at a bunch of stores.

It takes 500 kicks for $2.00
1250 for $5.00
2500 for $10.00
6250 for $25.00

I have gotten about $75 in "gift cards" since I started about a year ago, and I DO NOT scan often or do many walk in kicks, but I do check for kicks daily.

Good luck - I love this app.
Downloaded the App last night as soon as I saw your post. We went out shopping today and I ran in to a couple of problems, but I'll report them and hopefully they'll get fixed. The two biggest issues: the App was saying Target was on the other side of the mall in the parking lot! LOL And, when I went to Old Navy, it was saying the store was actually down the plaza a bit (and that the entrance was all the way in the back near the loading docks). No worries, I still did fairly well today - 23 points. Oh! I forgot - American Eagle also didn't register. I couldn't figure out where it needed me to walk for that. And my cell reception was a little sucky in Macy's and I couldn't do all the scans I wanted to. Oh, well....I'll try again later. It's kinda like a scavenger hunt! :D

Oh, and I am SOOOOOOO glad you got the iphone this week - now it means the iphone 5 will come out and I can get it and get rid of my droid.:lmao: - I like the bigger screen, and rumor is that the iphone 5 will have at least a 4 inch screen and be 4g.
And you know that will be the case. LOL And the screen most definitely will be bigger. I didn't wait for the iPhone 5 because the port on the bottom (how you charge it) will change from the current 30 pin to a new 19 pin. Since I have a Belkin adapter in my car, I didn't want to have to mess with that. But, I have since discovered that if my iPhone is in it's case, I cannot put it on the Belkin....meaning, I have to get something new. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter