• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official October 2013 Trip Planning Thread

We are TOTAL Disney newbies, planning a trip Oct 19-27 to celebrate my 40th birthday! None of our details are finalized yet.

I also will be 40 next year. I, sadly, have no major plans so here's hoping any extra $$ can go towards Disney. Works for me.

Hi everyone! We are going to be crossing over into Oct so I think this would be a great planning group to join! I was on another thread that got closed, so I need a new home!

We are going to be traveling Sept 26-Oct 6. The plan is to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek from the 26th to the 3rd and then get on the Dream for three nights. :cloud9:
This is my family...
Photo0509FourBySix.jpg

This was taken this past Oct. We will be celebrating our 16th Anniversary...sort of. It's in Oct so, close enough!

I will start a PTR soon...still writing our TR from Oct.

Hi everyone! We are going to be crossing over into Oct so I think this would be a great planning group to join! I was on another thread that got closed, so I need a new home!

We are going to be traveling Sept 26-Oct 6. The plan is to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek from the 26th to the 3rd and then get on the Dream for three nights. :cloud9:
This is my family...
Photo0509FourBySix.jpg

This was taken this past Oct. We will be celebrating our 16th Anniversary...sort of. It's in Oct so, close enough!

I will start a PTR soon...still writing our TR from Oct.

:welcome: I have you added to the first post! Your vacation sure does sound amazing!!! :goodvibes

piratemamaof3 said:
I also will be 40 next year. I, sadly, have no major plans so here's hoping any extra $$ can go towards Disney. Works for me.

We are going 10-29 through 11-5 to celebrate my 40th as well! If you're gonna turn 40- why not do it at the happiest place on earth! So excited!

We are going 10-29 through 11-5 to celebrate my 40th as well! If you're gonna turn 40- why not do it at the happiest place on earth! So excited!

I agree! mine is earlier in the year in April so we can't make it then but I can consider it a late birthday. Maybe when they ask if I am celebrating anything I will say that!

What ADR's is everyone planning? !

DH one request is for Tusker house breakfast again. I liked Crystal Palace hower really want to eat something in Be our Guest as well. It just looks really cool. Honestly the DSs didn't offer a openion. If we go w/ my parents again I will pose it to them and see if we can each pick one place new or a repeat.

:welcome: I have you added to the first post! :goodvibes Celebrating a birthday in WDW would be so fantastic!

DH one request is for Tusker house breakfast again. I liked Crystal Palace hower really want to eat something in Be our Guest as well. It just looks really cool. Honestly the DSs didn't offer a openion. If we go w/ my parents again I will pose it to them and see if we can each pick one place new or a repeat.

We went to Tusker House on our first trip in Sept. 2011. We absolutely loved it! Great character interaction, awesome service, and really yummy different food with standard items if you so chose. We really want to try lunch the next time we go there. I haven't done DP yet and I'm totally with you on BOG! :thumbsup2

We love Tusker House for lunch. We discovered it in 2009 and went back again in 2011. We love all the different salads and all the spiced meats.

It should be interesting now that lunch has characters as well.

We love Tusker House for lunch. We discovered it in 2009 and went back again in 2011. We love all the different salads and all the spiced meats.

It should be interesting now that lunch has characters as well.

Have you ever tried Boma? I absolutely LOVE it. Is the food similar to Tusker House?

L-Harper said:
Have you ever tried Boma? I absolutely LOVE it. Is the food similar to Tusker House?

I love Boma- it's one of our must dos for dining on every trip. However we haven't gone for breakfast though.

I love Boma- it's one of our must dos for dining on every trip. However we haven't gone for breakfast though.

I have also only done dinner. I was just wondering how the food at Boma's dinner compared to the food at Tusker House lunch & dinner.

Can I join this party? We're going on our first Disney trip 10/23 - 10/29, booked a Little Mermaid room at AoA! Our boys will be 2 and 5....my 5 year old is beyond excited already!

Our family will be going Oct 19-26th, staying at the WL. This will be our first time going in Oct. We usually go in Nov or Jan. Any advice on what weather and crowds are like this time of year?? I am looking forward to getting back into making plans after a year of "taking a break" from Disney. :)

Can I join this party? We're going on our first Disney trip 10/23 - 10/29, booked a Little Mermaid room at AoA! Our boys will be 2 and 5....my 5 year old is beyond excited already!

:welcome: I have you added to the first post! Your boys are about the same age as my boys!. :goodvibes

Our family will be going Oct 19-26th, staying at the WL. This will be our first time going in Oct. We usually go in Nov or Jan. Any advice on what weather and crowds are like this time of year?? I am looking forward to getting back into making plans after a year of "taking a break" from Disney. :)

:welcome: to the thread, I have you added to the first post. I'd also love to hear about the weather. We went in early September and it was pretty hot, but not sure about late October. Welcome back to the "Disney Side"!

We went mid - October last year, it was pretty warm. Some days were down right hot. We wore shorts and tshirts everyday. We didn't even need a long sleeve at night.

SEASONK said:
We went mid - October last year, it was pretty warm. Some days were down right hot. We wore shorts and tshirts everyday. We didn't even need a long sleeve at night.

Looking forward to this actually! Plan on going to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach on our stay. Has anyone gone to Blizzard beach before?

Glad to hear about the warm weather. We would like to use the pools more this trip and it would be nice not to have to run for our towels as soon as we get out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter