The Official New Mom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lissawynn

I drink Coke with everything.<br><font color="deep
Here it is! The Official New Mom's Thread! If you've been posting on the OMTB thread and you've had your little one, feel free to jump on over.

ahutton said:
Good morning. Tired Mommy checking in!!

I second the tired mommy check in! I haven't had a decent night's sleep since the end of my second trimester. I'm just thanking heaven that I only have about 39 more days of school until summer vacation! Maybe, by then, Jimmy will be sleeping through the night!

hey all..

do i still count as a new mommy?? my little one is 15 months..

all you tired mommies, just know it will pass.. you'll get to sleep again one of these days...

Leah

copper68 said:
hey all..

do i still count as a new mommy?? my little one is 15 months..

all you tired mommies, just know it will pass.. you'll get to sleep again one of these days...

Leah

I think you more than qualify! How are you doing? :grouphug: your way!

How about me? Can I join? We are adopting our 3 week old bundle of joy! I'm definitely tired, so I should qualify! ;)

I think I qualify! :) DD turned 10 weeks old on Monday and she is doing really well. She actually has been sleeping through the night (6-7 hours) since she was about a month old and now she sleeps from 8:30/9:00 - 5:30/6:00 every night. I know we got VERY lucky with her. She understands the need for beauty rest at an early age! :teeth: I am still tired but I don't have a very good excuse.

Unfortunately for me I hurt my back almost 2 weeks ago so I am on partial bed rest and off work until at least next Wednesday. I am unable to do much around the house and DH is having to take on most of the childcare and household chores including all shopping and I think he is starting to go batty. I just went back to work 4 days before I hurt myself so I feel bad about being out of work again plus not only am I at home all this time but DD had to start daycare last week because I can't take care of her by myself. :( I really miss her during the day. She has had a rough transition to daycare and that doesn't make it any easier.

Another downside to all this time off is that I am once again trying to figure out if I can get another WDW trip in later this year. We really should wait until December 2006 but that seems so far away and we are dying to go back. I keep looking at this upcoming December. Nathan will be 3 1/2 and Allie would be 10 months. They would be a lot of work but they are a lot of work here too. I would rather work hard at WDW than work hard here. ;)

Welcome to ZachnElli!

Hi Becka! You'd think by now I'd remember that your DD and Jimmy share the same b-day (duh). I think pregnancy had killed some valuable brain cells. I am forgetting everything these days. Too bad Jimmy isn't sleeping like your DD. I would be in heaven.
I hope your back is on the mend and that you're up and around soon. I can't imagine how that must feel. I, too, am back at work, hence the tiredness. DH helps when he comes home, but sometimes that isn't until 7 or 8 at night. I am counting down the days until the school year is over (39)!

i'm doing ok.. nature taking a brutal toll on me today.. but, at least i didn't have to have the D&C.. so i'm happy with that.. i guess we'll try again in a few months.. see what happens then.. that would give me a spring baby.. that would be good.. :flower:

talk soon..
Leah

lissawynn- Thanks for starting this thread. How was your transition back to work? I'm not looking forward to returning to my 7th graders. At least someone in your family is keeping your little one. We are still trying to find a daycare. None of them seem good enough for my little princess. ;) At least I'll only have 30 days of school left.

Leah- Sending more hugs and prayers your way. :grouphug:

becka- Hope you feel better soon. :grouphug:

ZachnElli- Congratulations on the adoption.

ahutton- Hope you were able to get some much needed rest today.

:wave:

Just wanted to congratulate all you new(er) mommies! I know I saw some of you on the other thread.

Becka-What a bummer!! :( Take care!

I'll be in the "sleepless" boat all too soon!

Hi, everyone! I haven't had my baby yet but thought I would give this thread a BUMP anyway since I am planning to join all of you in just a few more weeks...give or take! :flower:

It's the middle of the night, and here I am. DS just went back down. My oldest DD is leaving on a trip in about an hour with my Mom so I'm debating if I should go back to sleep for a bit or not. I know I'll miss these days, and I know not to wish away the first year wanting to sleep, but I really would like one night of about 10 hours of sleep. Maybe when I go to Chicago for work next month???

Morning ladies! I know it's morning b/c the sun is out, and I'm so tired I can barely see.

Jimmy had his four shots yesterday and did really well. He only screamed with the last two. He's weighing in at 13# 5.5 oz. and is 23 3/4" long. He's getting so big! The dr. said he is "thriving", and we should keep doing what we're doing.

J&D Returning to work hasn't been too bad. Looking back, I think I would have taken the max amount of time I could have taken. My kids are the same. School is the same, although with the beautiful weather we had the last several days, everyone is getting rammy. We call it the "rut" season here in the middle school. Young love seems to be in bloom (ick!).
We are very lucky to have my dad taking care of Jimmy. I don't know what I'd do if I had to leave him with someone else at this age.

How is everyone today?

ahutton said:
It's the middle of the night, and here I am. DS just went back down. My oldest DD is leaving on a trip in about an hour with my Mom so I'm debating if I should go back to sleep for a bit or not. I know I'll miss these days, and I know not to wish away the first year wanting to sleep, but I really would like one night of about 10 hours of sleep. Maybe when I go to Chicago for work next month???

I know that feeling all too well. My DD is now 16months, but it took her FOREVER to sleep through the night. The first time she slept 9 hours I woke up thinking something was seriously wrong with her. Now, she'll walk herself to her crib when she's ready for bed. So just remember, that this too will pass! It's easy for me to say that right? LOL! But know, that I'll be back in your shoes in November when our 2nd arrives!

my DD is 3 months! she has been sleeping 8 to 11 hours for a little over a week now! I can't believe it! I think it may have something to do with the fact that I drag her all around WDW and Sea World during the days! I need to lose weight and walk the parks every day!

My daughter is 13 months, so kinda new! She just slept through the night for the very first time in her life 2 days ago, from 9pm-7am-I was very excited till she woke up twice again last night. Oh well. One day we'll get there. It was just so exciting when she'd sleep 6 hours at a time when she was 1-4 months, then it all went downhill from there.

Emmaline, maybe we'll see you walking around WDW-we'll be there the 18th-26th!!

Emmaline Lola said:
my DD is 3 months! she has been sleeping 8 to 11 hours for a little over a week now! I can't believe it! I think it may have something to do with the fact that I drag her all around WDW and Sea World during the days! I need to lose weight and walk the parks every day!

I think the ultimate way for me to lose my baby weight would be to walk around WDW all day long! Too bad PA is so far away!
My DS will be three months soon. Maybe he'll start to sleep through the night sometime soon.

Molly will be 1 month old tomorrow! princess:

We're enjoying Daddy time til the 21st; he goes back to Iraq then.

:wave: to all our fellow new moms!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter