The Official May 2015 Thread!!

33 days left to go! Really need to get in gear and get stuff ready to pack!

When should I start to watch for our packet of stuff? I have to keep everything away from our 4 year old's sight as this trip is a surprise.

ours arrived around the one-month mark. I'm not sure how reliable that info is, because ours was shipped to canada. but we got the booklet with disney quest and golf and whatever else about a month out of our arrival date.

cluelyss, it might be worth re-requesting DME tags? maybe I get too nervous about them (again, international mail service is a bit spotty), but I put in a few requests before our tags arrived.

just a little heads up: disney has made some changes to the park hours for may, and easywdw has released an updated calendar.

I hope no one else loses a pre-RD breakfast because of the change (argh!)

Pretty much packed most everything we need so I don't do more laundry than needed. Decided one large checked bag wasn't enough so going with two to be safe , so we don't go over weight.
Magic bands arrived today too after a snafu at the post office , phew ! Received our Magical Express tags last week too !

On my to do list :

Re-dye my hair
Get haircut at salon
Clean house
Order Memory Maker
Finalize ADR's ( I have everything I want..but some double bookings I need to release/post)
Set post office mail hold
Stop second guessing my plans..LOL.

25 days to go !

just a little heads up: disney has made some changes to the park hours for may, and easywdw has released an updated calendar.

I hope no one else loses a pre-RD breakfast because of the change (argh!)

We did. Have a breakfast at CRT at 8:05 on the 9th (after breakfast park hopping to Epcot), I would assume we will still get in a little early, but not an "empty" Main Street early. Oh well.

We did. Have a breakfast at CRT at 8:05 on the 9th (after breakfast park hopping to Epcot), I would assume we will still get in a little early, but not an "empty" Main Street early. Oh well.

this is the day that affects us too. we have an 8:00 for BOG. if it was CRT we would probably keep it, but it doesn't feel worth it, to lose the park time. but the pixie dust of my day--I just found an ADR for the Jedi Mickey meal that fits into our plans. makes dropping one meal I was looking forward to feel a good deal easier...

Got our DME packet last week but our Magic Bands will still allow me to customize them and the status says "These may ship at any moment!" But they haven't shipped yet. Is this normal? We've never had Magic Bands before, last time we went they had just started trying out the RFID cards... When do I panic?

Last edited:
Got our DME packet last week but our Magic Bands will still allow me to customize them and the status says "These may ship at any moment!" But they haven't shipped yet. Is this normal? We've never had Magic Bands before, last time we went they had just started trying out the RFID cards... When do I panic?
Bands normally ship 30 days in advance. We are 45 days out and I just got my "last chance to customize your MB" email yesterday. ME tags came last week.

I would call if you are less than 30 days they will tell you to call back most likely but i am having the same issue. I cant customize ours anymore 4/2 was the last day for that but mine say being customized and will be shipping soon. If you are less than 30 days you should have received a shipping confirmation by now at the least. Most people traveling toawrds the beginning of may havr already received their bands it seems like. Mine are in the bermuda triangle lol

I just double checked and lucked out...none of our early entries were switched and we gained some later hours at HS, so that's a bonus.

Our MB's came and are correct.

DH's DME pass/luggage tag finally arrived yesterday (they only had me signed up and not DH).

I'm vibrating with excitement at this point.

Super excited and counting down the days! DISNEY MAGIC 5/3 THRU 5/10, THEN TOPING IT OFF WITH A 4 DAY STAY AT THE RESORT. CELEBRATING MY HUSBANDS 50TH BIRTHDAY. It will be both his and my 2yr old daughters first time!! Did anyone start the fish extender for this cruise? My thinking was I likely missed it. Its amazing how many little tidbits of helpful info im finding through these forums and blogs. Looking forward to seeing all you fellow cruisers.... dont forget to bring your white tshirt/pillowcase and markers. I heard if you drop it off at guest services in the begining of the cruise, they will return it-signed by the disney characters.

PS...is anyone else really focused on dieting/working out like I am right now?

I try to be healthy all the time, but I'm on a big-time focused diet right now (including no cookies, cakes, pizza, pasta, breads or soda) and walking regimen because I have no rules, restrictions or worries while on vacay and I need to lose all the weight I plan to gain right back ahead of time.

I can practically taste that first cheeseburger and chili cheese fries from Pecos Bill's! And the dole whip...and the jalapeno and cheese stuffed pretzel...and the premium Mickey bar...and the hot dog from Casey's...I'm going to gain it all back in my first day there lol!

PS...is anyone else really focused on dieting/working out like I am right now?

I try to be healthy all the time, but I'm on a big-time focused diet right now (including no cookies, cakes, pizza, pasta, breads or soda) and walking regimen because I have no rules, restrictions or worries while on vacay and I need to lose all the weight I plan to gain right back ahead of time.

I can practically taste that first cheeseburger and chili cheese fries from Pecos Bill's! And the dole whip...and the jalapeno and cheese stuffed pretzel...and the premium Mickey bar...and the hot dog from Casey's...I'm going to gain it all back in my first day there lol!
I'm right there with you...dreaming of churros!! Last year we went in the fall, so I had all summer to get in "shorts shape" - May is coming way too fast!!!

I have been trying. Since the first of January I have lost just over 25 pounds. Have been hitting the gym 3 or 4 times a week, cutting back on the junk food. Had to buy new shorts for Dinsey, down two sizes but I really don't see the lost weight on myself.

This is the first week it's gotten over 50 degrees in Cleveland....my poor legs haven't seen sun since we were in WDW last October!!!

I'm from Cleveland too! Well Parma heights actually.. Even though we've had some great weather lately I can't wait for that Florida sun!

We are only 21 days out! I am getting so excited. Does anyone know when we should expect our magic bands? We had until April 3 to personalize them, so I kinda hoped they'd be sent this last week. I am probably just too impatient, but if you have an idea, let me know. We arrive on May 4. BTW, Do they do any Cinco deMayo festivities in WDW?
We got 'em! I wanna wear mine now. How ridiculous is that?

We're only 27 days out!

Neither of us have ever been before, but we've both wanted to go since we were kids. We had planned on going for our honeymoon, but we had to end up not have a honeymoon at all. This is kind of our EXTREMELY delayed honeymoon I guess, lol (we got married in 2011). It's the first vacation we've ever been able to take, and we're so excited. We'll be there May 12-19, which is right in between our important May dates (our anniversary is the 7th, and my birthday is the 21st). We had actually planned on being there on my birthday, but I had made previous plans for Labor Day weekend, which I thought was the last weekend of the month, so we moved our trip up a week. It turned out that the friends I had made plans with had also thought Labor Day was that weekend too, so we changed our plans for nothing. But we did save a little money that way, and we get to enjoy the Flower and Garden Festival!

I'm from Cleveland too! Well Parma heights actually.. Even though we've had some great weather lately I can't wait for that Florida sun!
Howdy neighbor, we're actually in Medina :) Loving the weather this week, but no substitute for that Florida sunshine!!

We're only 27 days out!

Neither of us have ever been before, but we've both wanted to go since we were kids. We had planned on going for our honeymoon, but we had to end up not have a honeymoon at all. This is kind of our EXTREMELY delayed honeymoon I guess, lol (we got married in 2011). It's the first vacation we've ever been able to take, and we're so excited. We'll be there May 12-19, which is right in between our important May dates (our anniversary is the 7th, and my birthday is the 21st). We had actually planned on being there on my birthday, but I had made previous plans for Labor Day weekend, which I thought was the last weekend of the month, so we moved our trip up a week. It turned out that the friends I had made plans with had also thought Labor Day was that weekend too, so we changed our plans for nothing. But we did save a little money that way, and we get to enjoy the Flower and Garden Festival!
I always get excited for first time visitors! Be sure to celebrate both of your special occasions with a button from guest services. You will be surprised at how such a small thing can make a big impact on your trip. One more piece of advice, don't expect to get it all in. I left the World disappointed because I had failed to recognize the enormity of the place. We did not have time to get to our Anniversary dinner reservation at the Yacht Club, and instead settled for a counter service meal. Get your fast passes and make dining plans for the area you will be visiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter