The Official May 2015 Thread!!

We are only 21 days out! I am getting so excited. Does anyone know when we should expect our magic bands? We had until April 3 to personalize them, so I kinda hoped they'd be sent this last week. I am probably just too impatient, but if you have an idea, let me know. We arrive on May 4. BTW, Do they do any Cinco deMayo festivities in WDW?

We are only 21 days out! I am getting so excited. Does anyone know when we should expect our magic bands? We had until April 3 to personalize them, so I kinda hoped they'd be sent this last week. I am probably just too impatient, but if you have an idea, let me know. We arrive on May 4. BTW, Do they do any Cinco deMayo festivities in WDW?
I'm arriving May 3rd and our bands have been in the 'personalizing and shipping soon' stage since 4/2. I've called twice, the first time they said wait 7-10 days and they were delayed because of the holiday. I guess they meant Easter which is on Sunday and my mail ran on good Friday so.....that one didn't make much sense. I called again Wednesday morning when the first cm I spoke with told me change it on there to have the bands shipped to my resort lol those were his exact words, I reminded him that I can't change anything 'on there' because our bands have already passed the verify address/customize stage which I did. He told me all this without looking anything up. So I was transferred to another cm can't remember what he called it, some sort of tech. She said she didn't see anything wrong they were in fulfillment but they should have gone out by now. She filled out an expedite ticket that should have sped up the process within 48 hours but still nothing has changed. That was on Thursday morning. I am going to call again today but haven't had a free moment to myself to gather info. Last year I travelled the same week that we are going this year and we had them on what would be equivalent to this past Wednesday. Now what I find interesting is when I called on Thursday the tech I spoke with had our home address as the ship to, which is on mde as the primary address. I know for a fact I changed that to my work address when I verified the address online and clicked done because we have had mail stolen from our mailbox by some neighborhood kids in he past. I'm not sure what is up, if they are behind, then there seem to be a LOT of people that will be there during the same time which has always been one of the slower times of year in the past....I'm preparing myself for that just in case lol

Woo Hoo!!! 35 days to go!! I think I've gotten everyone changed or added. I'm so stinkin' excited I can't stand myself! I'm ready to go - how about y'all?

We arrive on the 5th and ours came today. If you are outside the US, they do not ship them, you pick them up at your resort. Not sure if they do anything for Cinco de Mayo, I honestly don't remember anything from years past.

We got our Magic Bands yesterday! Red, Orange, Green and Yellow this time :yay:

Still waiting on our ME tags, but we have 40 days left!

We are scheduled to arrive late on the day of the MK 24-hour event, so we're still up in the air about whether or not to take advantage of late-night park hours. Has anyone here been at MK for this event before? Is it crowded?

BTW, Do they do any Cinco deMayo festivities in WDW?

I asked about this in the theme park section, and folks who responded there said disney doesn't usually do anything for the day. I had asked because I realized May 5th is our first epcot day, and our first stop in WS will be margaritas in Mexico. it'll still be lots of fun without anything extra :)

I'm arriving May 3rd and our bands have been in the 'personalizing and shipping soon' stage since 4/2. I've called twice, the first time they said wait 7-10 days and they were delayed because of the holiday. I guess they meant Easter which is on Sunday and my mail ran on good Friday so.....that one didn't make much sense. I called again Wednesday morning when the first cm I spoke with told me change it on there to have the bands shipped to my resort lol those were his exact words, I reminded him that I can't change anything 'on there' because our bands have already passed the verify address/customize stage which I did. He told me all this without looking anything up. So I was transferred to another cm can't remember what he called it, some sort of tech. She said she didn't see anything wrong they were in fulfillment but they should have gone out by now. She filled out an expedite ticket that should have sped up the process within 48 hours but still nothing has changed. That was on Thursday morning. I am going to call again today but haven't had a free moment to myself to gather info. Last year I travelled the same week that we are going this year and we had them on what would be equivalent to this past Wednesday. Now what I find interesting is when I called on Thursday the tech I spoke with had our home address as the ship to, which is on mde as the primary address. I know for a fact I changed that to my work address when I verified the address online and clicked done because we have had mail stolen from our mailbox by some neighborhood kids in he past. I'm not sure what is up, if they are behind, then there seem to be a LOT of people that will be there during the same time which has always been one of the slower times of year in the past....I'm preparing myself for that just in case lol

We arrive on May 4th and our MB's arrived on friday. It was such a relief as even after 8 X phone calls last year, they never came and weren't at the resort like our last email we received promised. I would keep calling. It could be something with your address. That is what ended up being our issue last year. USPS doesn't recognize our street address. Only our P.O. box. So the whole issue had to do with that.

We are only 21 days out! I am getting so excited. Does anyone know when we should expect our magic bands? We had until April 3 to personalize them, so I kinda hoped they'd be sent this last week. I am probably just too impatient, but if you have an idea, let me know.

We are arriving on May 8 and received our Magic Bands yesterday.

We arrive on May 4th and our MB's arrived on friday. It was such a relief as even after 8 X phone calls last year, they never came and weren't at the resort like our last email we received promised. I would keep calling. It could be something with your address. That is what ended up being our issue last year. USPS doesn't recognize our street address. Only our P.O. box. So the whole issue had to do with that.
I called them this morning and still uncertain to me but I was told that since they filled out the expedite form it won't go through the normal process of receiving the shipping email notification. The CM did see the expedite form though and he said those are sent directly to the fulfillment center so The bands will just magically arrive lol I'll give them until Wednesday then I'll call them again for the fourth time. Still crossing fingers!

We've finalized our plans, and we're ready to be added to the list:

I'll be staying with my family in a Pirate room at Caribbean Beach from May 21st-25th!

Then we'll be moving over to the Lake Buena Vista Holiday Inn for the night of the 25th, because I check in for my Summer Alumni Disney College Program on the morning of the 26th :goodvibes I get to spend the whole summer living in Orlando and working at WDW again!!

(one perk of being canadian--no magic band shipment concerns!)

we're in the teens! 19 days to go, and counting!!

Yay!! So happy I found this thread, so I can celebrate with you all!! We are going to be at Cabana Bay from April 30-May 3 and then at the Dolphin from the 3rd-9th

33 days left to go! Really need to get in gear and get stuff ready to pack!

When should I start to watch for our packet of stuff? I have to keep everything away from our 4 year old's sight as this trip is a surprise.

We have 43 days to go, and got our ME tags last week, but the packet hasn't come yet.
33 days left to go! Really need to get in gear and get stuff ready to pack!

When should I start to watch for our packet of stuff? I have to keep everything away from our 4 year old's sight as this trip is a surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter