***the official may 2013 thread***

We haven't booked yet either. Waiting until I receive confirmation of oldest daughter's last college exam date for Spring semester. I should know that sometime this fall.

I've got our new members added!

So, how many of y'all have booked already? I'm holding out to see what discounts or pins I may get for next year. I will probably book around late Aug - Sept.

Right now, I'm booked for room-only with a AAA discount. This will probably change as discounts become available.

I admite it, I booked a package on the day they came out. I had over $500 sitting in my savings acount for the trip and it felt good to give it to Disney before I was tempted to spend it on something else.:goodvibes Hoping to still get a good special or pin though. I just got an email the other day from Disney Destinations and it was for the FD special available to everyone at the end of this year.:headache: This is the second time they have told me about a special available to everyone but have yet to send me a Pin. :scared:

So excited.....we have decided to take the leap and book for May 12-25 2013.

We will be staying at a vacation rental for the first ten days and then A of A for the last 3.

We have been to DL a couple times but this will be our first time at DW

My wife and I will be going with our 7 year old girl and 5 year old boy. Any comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

A couple questions.....for that time of the year would you recommend using a software like RideMax?

Our other thought was to go with a vacation rental for 7 days and A of A for 6....which would you go with and why?

We will be renting a car when we are in the vacation rental.

I've got our new members added!

So, how many of y'all have booked already? I'm holding out to see what discounts or pins I may get for next year. I will probably book around late Aug - Sept.

I am planning to book in late August after I have finished my back to school shopping. Hoping for a pin also. I don't think we will do the Dining Plan this time because it was way too much food for us.

I'm as of yet still unofficial....But we mapped out trip cost, days staying....dining plan, etc...if everything goes as planned --- I'm going back home in May! Elated to find this thread.......

hsmamainva said:
May I come and play, too?

We'll be there May 10th through 19th!

We were planning on going in January, but my boys have been begging for a Star Wars Weekend so we're joining the May thread.

Dates subject to change, but it looks as if there will be a SWW on May 17-18-19, if the past threads are correct.

We'll be staying off-site at Windsor Hills.
Wait, that's a star wars weekend month?! This is news to me! Interesting...might check it out!

UConnFan said:
Does anyone plan to write a pre trip report? I kind of want to do one, but I have commitment issues. It'd be fun to follow along with someone who has more commitment than I.:rolleyes1

Hmm. I kinda did one last year. Probably will this time too.:)

What's the PIN codes everyone is talking about?

Wait, that's a star wars weekend month?! This is news to me! Interesting...might check it out!

Star Wars weekends are held the weekend before Memorial Day Weekend
Memorial Day Weekend
And the first two weekends in June.

We're planning our trip so that we're at the parks the entire week before SWW and then we will hit SWW on Friday and we're checking out on Saturday.

What's the PIN codes everyone is talking about?

A PIN code is a code that Disney send out to individual people that is seperate from the specials that it gives out to everyone. A PIN code can come to you via email or snail mail and can only be used for the person/address it is sent to. To get one you need to make sure that Disney has your Email address and house address and even than you aren't gauranteed a PIN.

Corrine 1973 said:
A PIN code is a code that Disney send out to individual people that is seperate from the specials that it gives out to everyone. A PIN code can come to you via email or snail mail and can only be used for the person/address it is sent to. To get one you need to make sure that Disney has your Email address and house address and even than you aren't gauranteed a PIN.

I gotcha. So, its nothing we can try to get, other than signing up for things?

Pretty much. Some say that they have recieved codes for signing in and looking up packages but stoping just before they book it. Some say that this doesn't work though, but it doesn't hurt to try.:goodvibes

We've received pin codes ever since requesting the free Disney vacation planning video.

So that's worth a shot. Request one and see if it works for you.

hsmamainva said:
We've received pin codes ever since requesting the free Disney vacation planning video.

So that's worth a shot. Request one and see if it works for you.

HMM. ill request it!

Sigh. DH books through SW....we can't book yet :(

Hello,

I have just joined and this is my first ever post!!:yay:

I have booked to go to Saratoga Springs from 6th May for two weeks. Travelling with DH, DS2, DD4, parents and my brother.

It's my seventh trip to DW but the kids first although they have both been to DLP. We are from th U.K

Excited!!:cheer2:

Hi!:wave2:

Haven't booked yet :(

Plans are May 8-13th

Staying at Pop/AoA OR CBR (Depending on Discounts ect..)

It will be Me (I'll turn 24 on the 5th), DBF 22 (His First time in a Disney Park :thumbsup2) and My friend Fe (She turns 24 April 29th) and her DBF (23?)

Celebrating 2 late Birthdays :cheer2:

The last time I was there in May was in 2005 to celebrate my 16th and my mom's 40th Birthdays. So hoping for good crowd levels and nice weather :goodvibes

PS... Thanks to Corrine 1973 for helping me find this page/group/thread :)

Hi!:wave2:

Haven't booked yet :(

Plans are May 8-13th

Staying at Pop/AoA OR CBR (Depending on Discounts ect..)

It will be Me (I'll turn 24 on the 5th), DBF 22 (His First time in a Disney Park :thumbsup2) and My friend Fe (She turns 24 April 29th) and her DBF (23?)

Celebrating 2 late Birthdays :cheer2:

The last time I was there in May was in 2005 to celebrate my 16th and my mom's 40th Birthdays. So hoping for good crowd levels and nice weather :goodvibes

PS... Thanks to Corrine 1973 for helping me find this page/group/thread :)

LOL, No Problem. I am glad you joined us over here.:thumbsup2

Hello,

I have just joined and this is my first ever post!!:yay:

I have booked to go to Saratoga Springs from 6th May for two weeks. Travelling with DH, DS2, DD4, parents and my brother.

It's my seventh trip to DW but the kids first although they have both been to DLP. We are from th U.K

Excited!!:cheer2:

Welcome aboard!! I'll get you added to our list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter