<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

thanks!

it was served over ice with a passion fruit frothy goodness on top!

i haven't even checked out my food and wine fest cookbook in detail yet.

we're going grocery shopping in a few. i'm so making spinach dip and cheddar cheese soup this week!

i'm going thru this thread slowly, i hope the Sirloin Asado con Chilaquiles from san angel inn are in here! (Chilaquiles - layers of fried corn tortilla, green tomatillo sauce, topped with fresh cheese, onions, sour cream) the sauce is very yummy!

i'm so happy this thread is active again! i need some new dishes to cook!

I would love the recipe for the Lobster & Scallop Fisherman's Pie from the Ireland booth at F&WF. I was so disappointed to get home and look at my cookbook and see that the recipe was not in there. I should have looked at the cookbook before heading home.

I'll PM you a person who can probably help.

Are there any recipes for the chimichurri in the 09 book? It was one of my favorites last year.
There is a recipe from the 2007 Food and Wine festival which I posted on page 138 - #2063. It's the same as this years.

cassiez76 - looks like the Chilaquiles is in this years recipe book. They've had it in the past few years. BTW, I found there was too much rice in the Pollo con Arroz recipe. 4 cups of dry rice makes enough to last a LONG time.

I made the Dolce de Leche cookies tonight so i could use up the Argentine Dolce de Leche I had in thre fridge. I remember the cookie part as tasting sweeter at the F & W Festival and perhaps a softer cookie. Maybe I had them in the oven too long. I'm making the Italian Lemon Tart from Delicious Disney Desserts for Thanksgiving tomorrow and will take a picture.

DulcedeLecheCookies.jpg

Dolce De Leche Cookies from 2009 Food and Wine Cookbook

Cocktail Recipes including some from the new Disney bar menu. A big thanks to bartender Kevin at the Outer Rim Lounge for putting up with all my questions about amounts.

The Sunriser
Victoria Falls Lounge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, WDW
1 serving

Pour 1 ¼ oz. coconut rum & ½ oz banana liquer in ice filled glass. Fill glass with equal parts orange juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice.

Siesta Sangria
Siesta’s Pool Bar, Coronado Springs Resort, WDW
1 seving

1 ½ ounces triple sec or Grand Marnier
3 ounces each pineapple juice and orange juice
1 ½ ounces cabernet sauvignon

Fill tumbler with ice. Add remaining ingredients and serve. For a party – increase amounts and pour over macerated fruit. Let stand overnight so fruit flavors soak in.

Barmenu_3.jpg

Raspberry Rain
WDW General Bar Menu

2 ounces Rain Organics Red Grape Hibiscus Vodka
1/2 oz Chambord
4 fresh raspberries
4 fresh lychee
juice from 1/2 lemon
soda water

Muddle the fruit in a tumbler. Add ice cubes, then top with vodka, juice squeezed from about half a lemon. Stir well and top the glass with soda water.

Barmenu_2.jpg

Antioxidant Cocktail
WDW General Bar Menu

1 1/2 ounces Finlandia Wild Berries Vodka
1/2 ounce Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
1 oz Bossa Nova Açai Juice with Agave
1 oz. Aloe Juice
Fresh Lychees
½ lemon cut into 2 wedges

Fill glass with ice, then add the vodka, Chambord and juices. Squeeze some of the lemon wedges on the drink, then garnish with the remaining lemon wedge and the lychee.

Barmenu_6.jpg

Very Berry Punch
WDW General Bar Menu

1.5 oz Finlandia Wild Berries Vodka
.5 oz Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
.5 oz Peach Schnapps
1 oz fresh orange juice
2 oz cranberry juice
1 oz grenadine

Fill a highball glass with ice and add the remaining ingredients.

Dobos Torte
Wolfgang Puck - Signature Dinner, for Food and Wine Festival 2009, Downtown Disney
1 (9-inch) round torte

Cake:
12 ounces unsalted butter, cut into chunks
1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
2 ounces powdered sugar
10 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar
7 ounces cake flour, sifted

Chocolate Buttercream:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1 pound butter, cut into pieces
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
1 tablespoon rum, optional

Caramel Topping:
6 ounces sugar

Cake: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Mark the outline of a 9-inch cake pan on parchment paper. Repeat until you have 6 marked circles.

Place butter and vanilla in mixing bowl. Warm over low heat to soften. Transfer to a mixer and whip for 1 minute. Add powdered sugar and continue to whip another 5 minutes, until smooth and well blended. Lower the speed and add the egg yolks. Continue to whip for 2 to 3 minutes, until light.

In another mixing bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks. Add the granulated sugar and increase speed of the mixer. Whip until stiff but not dry. Fold the meringue into the egg yolk mixture. Gently fold flour into the egg mixture. Divide the batter equally among the 6-marked circles. With an offset spatula, spread the batter about 1/4-inch thick to fill in the marked circle. Bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden in color. Allow to cool. Transfer each cake circle onto a 9-inch cake board. Reserve.

Chocolate Buttercream: In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Boil to 240 degrees F or soft ball stage on a candy thermometer. Do not stir.

Meanwhile, in a mixer, beat the eggs and egg yolk until light and ribbony. Lower the speed and gradually pour the hot syrup into the egg mixture. Increase the speed and whip mixture until room temperature. Add the butter, 1 piece at a time. Then add the melted chocolate and rum, if desired. Continue to whip until smooth and well blended.

Caramel Topping: Cook sugar until is amber in color. Pour caramel over 1 of the reserved cake layers. Run edge of a chef's knife in butter. With the help of the buttered edge knife, spread the caramel to cover the entire surface of the cake circle. Allow to cool to set the caramel. Cut into 12 equal pie cuts. Reserve.

To assemble torte: Reserve half of the Chocolate Buttercream. Using some of the remaining buttercream, spread a 1/8-inch layer on top of the first cake layer. Continue layering the remaining the 4 remaining cake circles and spreading the buttercream. When all 5 cake layers have been frosted, frost the sides and top of the cake. Use a pastry comb to finish the sides of the layered cake. Mark the top of the cake into 12 pie sections. Pipe the remaining buttecream on top of each pie section and arrange the caramel slices on top of the piped cream at an angle.

There is a recipe from the 2007 Food and Wine festival which I posted on page 138 - #2063. It's the same as this years.

I tried that recipe once, it definitely didn't seem like what we had last year. The recipe here calls for 2 cups of liquid with only a few dry ingredients. What we had last year was more like an herb salad - this is more like a sour salad dressing.

The Swan and Dolphin Resort just published their October recipe:
1007l.jpg

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Ingredients for Cheesecake:
1 Lb. Cream Cheese
10 Oz. Canned Pumpkin
6 Oz. Sugar
4 Each Eggs
4 Oz. Heavy Cream
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. Ground Clove
1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg

Ingredients for Crust:
2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
Melted Butter

Method of Preparation for Cheesecake:
With an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and sugar until it is free of lumps. Add the pumpkin and spices. Mix until all the items are completely combined. Add the eggs slowly, mixing and scraping as you go. Last, mix in the heavy cream. Set aside.

Method of Preparation for Crust:
Mix together Graham Cracker crumbs and only enough butter to hold the crumbs together. Pack this crust in a half-inch layer on the bottom of a 10" greased cake pan. Pour the cheesecake batter in the mold and bake at 325° until a "testing" knife comes out clean from the center. Approximate baking time is one hour, depending on the oven.

Presentation:
Place a slice of cheesecake on serving plate of your choice.

Serves 6-8

:thumbsup2 I prepared this recipe yesterday. Made some changes since DH is gluten intolerant so could not use graham crackers for the crust. Instead I crumbled some gluten free shortbread cookies, enough to make the suggested 2 cups. It only took 1/4 cup of melted butter to provide the glue to hold the crumbs together.
Baked the cheesecake in a 9 inch springform pan placed in a piece of tin foil protective base, so the butter from the crust wouldn't mess-up the oven.

This is not a sweet dessert. The texture (and taste) is very similar to a pumpkin pie. I suppose the texture is due to the 4 eggs in the recipe. I also used the whole 15 oz of pumpkin that comes in the can ... just couldn't bring myself to throw that last bit away. It did take about an hour 10 minutes to bake. Upon cooling the top cracked a bit which of course didn't affect the taste but wasn't a very nice presentation.

DH loved it! His comment was that it had lots more flavor than store bought pumpkin pies.

thanks Tatania!

i'm such a genius :idea::idea::idea: sometimes....i searched online for it and found it on the orlando newspaper online.

then i was reading my food and wine fest cookbook to write the cheddar cheese soup ingredients down and saw it. :lmao:

all these recipes look great, i've already got meals planned for next week. lol

Wow, that was quick. I emailed WDW maybe 30 minutes ago and already received my response.

Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie
Food & Wine Festival 2009, Ireland - Epcot®

Ingredients:
3 ounces butter
¼ cup olive oil
2 cups diced onion
2 cups diced celery
2 cups diced carrot
¼ cup flour
¼ cup brandy
2 ½ pounds of bay scallops
2 quarts of lobster bisque
2 ½ pounds of lobster meat, chopped
1 teaspoon tarragon
6 dashes of Tabasco sauce
To taste salt
To taste pepper

Method of Preparation:
1. In a large stock pot, sweat vegetables in oil and butter.
2. Add flour and mix well.
3. Add brandy and cook off alcohol.
4. Add bay scallops and lobster bisque
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Add lobster, tarragon and Tabasco sauce.
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
8. Portion the mixture into crème brulee container using a two ounce ladle.

Ingredients for Mashed Potatoes:
6 to 8 potatoes, peeled
½ cup butter
1 cup heavy cream or milk
To taste salt
To taste pepper

Method of Preparation:
1. In a large pot, place peeled potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Let them cook until soft.
2. Drain the water and place the potatoes in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, mash the potatoes first.
3. Add butter and heavy cream. This will make for a smoother mashed potatoes.
4. Season with salt and pepper.

Ingredients for Lobster Bisque:
1 pound raw lobster tail
1/3 cup butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
¼ clove of garlic, crushed
4 cups fish stock
4 whole black peppercorns
2 ½ cups water
1/3 cup flour
1 ¾ cup tomato puree
2 tablespoons cognac
1 pinch nutmeg
1 teaspoon chervil
1 teaspoon tarragon

Method of Preparation:
1. Melt half of the butter in a large pan, add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and shallots and cook for a few minutes.
2. Add the lobster, fish stock, peppercorns and water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the lobster from the stock, cool and take the meat from the shells and set aside.
4. Crush the shells and return to the pan.
5. Continue simmering for 40 minutes. Strain the stock through a sieve lined with cheesecloth.
6. In a blender, blend the lobster flesh with a little of the strained stock until smooth.
7. Mix the four and remaining butter to make a paste.
8. Add the pureed lobster mixture, tomato puree, cognac, cream and nutmeg. Salt and pepper to taste.
9. Blend well.
10. Add the tarragon and chervil and the remaining stock and cook, stirring continuously over high heat until the soup thickens.
11. Reduce and simmer gently for 5 minutes.

I would love the recipe for the Lobster & Scallop Fisherman's Pie from the Ireland booth at F&WF. I was so disappointed to get home and look at my cookbook and see that the recipe was not in there. I should have looked at the cookbook before heading home.

Ditto! I just flipped through it quickly and didn't study it. I never think about getting the recipes while I am there. I just get the cookbooks and I usually find want I want in there. I guess I wasn't so lucky this time.

Here are some pictures to makes everyone's mouth water and hopefully inspire someone that is going down soon to seek out the recipe for us... PLEASE!

IMG_8325.jpg

IMG_8329.jpg

IMG_8323.jpg

Look the line for this one is even in the shade!
IMG_8321.jpg

Wow, that was quick. I emailed WDW maybe 30 minutes ago and already received my response.

Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie
Food & Wine Festival 2009, Ireland - Epcot®

Wow, thank you so much! :worship: I wouldn't have even need to beg...

You hadn't responded when I started my post and uploading my pictures.

Thanks again!

Thanks for posting that so quickly GingerC! I'll be giving it a try at home.

I tried to fulfill some of the outstanding requests at the Kona Cafe but Chef Michael Thompson (who came up with the currrent menu) is no longer there and apparently the recipe print-outs have gone with him. They had the 2 below in the kitchen and promised to send me the rest - but of course, nothing.
The Pan Asian Pasta request is the same dish and same recipe I was given last year - except perhaps they used Bow Tie pasta one day because they ran out of Chinese egg noodles? I would simply substitute Bow Tie Pasta if you prefer it.
The Volcano dessert request: there is no dessert like the one described on the menu unless the person means the Kilauea Torte - recipe on page 12? There is no lava cake type item on the dessert menu.

does anyone have the recipe for Kona's crab cakes?
Thanks
Robin

Crab Cakes
Kona Café, Disney's Polynesian Resort, WDW (Chef Michael Thompson)
Yield: ½ gallon

Crab Cakes
3 - 1 LB cans Lump Crab Meat
1 cup Mayonnaise
2 TBSP Dry Mustard
1 bag Panko Bread Crumbs
½ Red Pepper, diced
3 TBSP Toasted Coriander, ground
2 TBSP Grated Fresh Ginger
1 TBSP Salt
10 each Fresh chives, chopped fine
Basil Oil (below)
Chili Oil (below)
Chipotle Pepper Mayonnaise (below)
Greens Mix (below)
Lemongrass Crème Fraîche (below)

Place crabmeat into a bowl; look over for any possible shells remaining. Add 1/2 bag of Panko breadcrumbs and remaining ingredients; mix well. Place remaining bread crumbs in a bowl. Scoop out crap mix and formed into a cylinder then coat lightly in breadcrumbs. Keep refrigerated and covered until ready to cook.
Preheat oven to 400°. In a hot pan, lightly coated in Canola oil, sear the crab cakes on top and bottom of cylinders till a golden brown. Place crab cakes in oven for 6-8”; this will heat the center of the crab cake.

Basil Oil
1/4 cup Canola Oil
1 bunch Fresh Basil
Handful Fresh Spinach

Place fresh basil and spinach in a blender; add oil and blend until liquefied; add more oil if necessary. Let sit at least overnight in the refrigerator; best results when it sits for 3 to 4 days. Strain oil through cheese cloth and oil is ready for use.

Chili Oil
1/4 cup Canola Oil
1 TBSP Chili powder

Combine ingredients and allow to sit at least overnight, like Basil Oil. This is best when it sits for 3 to 4 days. No need to refrigerate.

Chipotle Pepper Mayonnaise
1 can (7 Oz) Chipotle Peppers
2 egg yolks
1 quart canola oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 TBSP Water
2 TBSP Lemon Juice

Remove chipotle peppers from can and clean out as many of the seeds as possible. In a food processor, place the egg yolks. Have food processor running while slowly drizzling in the oil to make a mayonnaise. Once you have a mayonnaise, add the remaining ingredients. If it becomes too thin, add more oil slowly.

Greens Mix
1 lb. Mixed Greens
Zest of 1 lemon
1 whole Red Pepper, julienne
1 whole Red Onion, julienne
½ Cucumber, thinly sliced at an angle
Pinch salt and pepper
¼ cup Lemon Vinaigrette

Toss all ingredients in bowl right before service.

Lemongrass Crème Fraîche
1 TBSP fresh grated lemongrass (grated very fine)
2 TBSP sweet chili garlic sauce
¼ cup Key lime juice
1 TBSP minced fresh cilantro
1 cup Crème Fraîche
½ tsp Kosher salt
¼ tsp White Pepper, crushed

Combine and blend (do not beat) all ingredients until well incorporated.

Presentation or Assembly
On a salad plate, arrange three of the crab cakes in a triangle shape. Top with greens mix, then drizzled basil oil and chili oil around plate. Top the greens and crab cakes with strips of Chipotle Pepper Mayonnaise or Lemongrass Crème Fraîche.

If anyone's going to Kona Cafe soon, could you please request the Tuna Oscar recipe? I forgot to ask for it and I'm dying to try it at home! Yum Tuna Oscar!
Thanks...

Ahi Tuna Oscar
Kona Cafe, Disney's Polynesian Resort
Yield: 4 servings

For the “Asian blackening spice”
1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 ½ tablespoon Hungarian paprika
1 ½ tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
¼ each full sheet of sushi nori

For the Wasabi Hollandaise Sauce
2 tablespoons pasteurized egg yolks
1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1 cup clarified butter
½ teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon wasabi powder
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
½ teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)

For the Tempura Batter
½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup cornstarch
1 cup ice water
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
½ tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon white vinegar

For the finished plates
4 each 6-7 ounce fresh Ahi tuna steaks with skin and blood line removed (at least ¾ inches thick)
4 tablespoons “Asian blackening spice”
4 tablespoons clarified butter
12 each intact pieces of jumbo lump crabmeat (3 per plate)
1 cup tempura batter
20 spears pencil asparagus, trimmed of the woody bottom of the stem (5 per plate)
12 slices very ripe tomato, ¼ inch thick (3 per plate)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup wasabi hollandaise sauce

Method of Preparation:
1. For the Asian blackening spice, grind the sushi nori in a coffee grinder or mini food processor until it is the consistency of a powder. Mix all remaining ingredients for the Blackening spice mix.
Reserve until just before cooking the tuna steaks.

Make the wasabi hollandaise sauce as follows,
1. Place a drop of cold water into a medium sized stainless steel mixing bowl on top of a suitable saucepan with boiling water inside. This is creating a double boiler with the bowl as the top half.
2. Add egg yolks and lemon juice to the mixing bowl, whisk with a thin wire whisk until the eggs are the consistency of medium custard. If the eggs start to cook too much, remove from the heat.
3. When the eggs are a custard-like consistency, whisk in the clarified butter in a thin stream until incorporated.
4. Mix the honey, wasabi powder, and rice vinegar in a small bowl until well incorporated and then add to the hollandaise sauce. Mix until well blended and season to taste with kosher salt.

Make the tempura batter by mixing all ingredients and mixing just to incorporate with a wire whisk. Do not over mix the batter, it can be slightly lumpy. Let it rest for at least ½ hour before using.

Fry the crabmeat by placing the lump crab in a bowl, adding the tempura batter, carefully mixing to coat, then removing the crab with a fork and dropping into a 350 degree F deep fat fryer until crisp.
Drop the crab in separate pieces so it will not stick together in the batter. Season with Kosher salt immediately upon removing from the fryer. Hold warm in a low oven until needed for up to about 10 minutes.

Coat the top and bottom of the tuna steak with the Asian blackening spice. Preheat a cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet on high heat until very hot, then carefully add clarified butter and place the tuna into the pan. Sear until you have formed a crust, then turn and cook the other side until similarly crusted. This should take about 1 minute per side and the tuna will be rare at this point. To cook to a higher degree of doneness, reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook on each side until it is to individual liking. Steam the asparagus and griddle the tomatoes while the tuna is cooking.

Steam the asparagus in the microwave or in a steamer until it is bright green and al dente. It should retain some crispness. Season with Kosher salt and black pepper immediately.

Season tomato slices with kosher salt and black pepper, then a few drops of olive oil. In a preheated non-stick pan or pancake type griddle, cook the tomato slices until lightly browned on each side.
Using a spatula, remove the tomato slices and place three slices in the center of each of four large dinner plates (Ask your guests to search for the “hidden Mickey”)

Presentation or Assembly:
1. Slice the tuna on an extreme angle from top corner to opposite bottom corner. Place on the tomatoes in the center of the plates.
2. Arrange the asparagus spears, tips upward on each plate, leaning on the tuna.
3. Carefully pour ¼ cup of wasabi hollandaise sauce over the tuna and asparagus (mostly down the center, so as not to hide the tuna).
4. Finally, place three tempura fried crab pieces atop the tuna, asparagus, and sauce.
5. Serve immediately.

Sunken Treasure - I got this a while back but it's still on the request list, so in case it wasn't posted:

Sunken Treasure
Tambu Lounge, Polynesian Resort, WDW

1 oz Malibu Rum
1 oz Midori
Orange Juice and Pineapple Juice
Sprite
.5 oz Blue Curacao

Fill tumbler with ice and pour in the rum and Midori. Fill the rest of the glass 3/4 with equal parts OJ and Pinapple Juice and shake. Top with sprite and float .5 oz of Blue Curacao on top.

Thank you so much for the Tuna Oscar recipe! I had forgotten all about that. What a treat to get it now. Thanks ... :goodvibes

Also, I'll be cruising on the Disney Wonder next week - we leave on Friday afternoon. If anyone has any requests from there I'll try my best to see if I can get them. And to be save, PM me as well just in case I forget to check on here before I leave.

Just keeping them all together...
Sod the Stew
Anyone have the recipe? I have been craving this stuff since I went there in December '08, so I would LOVE the recipe. I am going back in 23 days, so if no-one has it, I can ask, but I would love to make it before we leave. So, help please?

And some I hadn't posted before...

House of Blues' Key Lime Martini
Yield: 1 serving.

2 ounces Absolut vanilla-infused vodka
1.5 ounces Monin key lime syrup (see note)
1 ounce sour mix
2.5 ounces half-and-half
Mint sprig and lime wedge for garnish
Graham cracker crumb-rimmed martini glass

1. Shake ingredients with ice.
2. Strain into martini glass.
3. Garnish with lime wedge and mint sprig.

Recipe note: Monins flavored syrups are sold at some liquor stores. Also, consumers can order Monins flavorings from monin.com, or by calling 1-800- 966-5225.
[Source: Orlando Sentinel]

= = = = = = = = = = =
Chefs de France Creme Brulee
Yield: 7 servings.

8 egg yolks
1 cup half and half
3 cups heavy cream
1 cup granulated sugar
1 vanilla bean
Brown sugar

1. Whisk eggs with sugar until blended, incorporate the half and half and cream. Mix in the vanilla bean and refrigerate overnight.
2. Heat oven to 200 F. Remove vanilla bean, pour mixture into individual baking dishes, place them on a sheet pan of water (so the creme brulee won't burn), and cover with another pan on top of the baking dishes. Bake 1 1/2 hours.
3. Remove from oven and chill. Sprinkle a layer of brown sugar on top the creme brulee and broil until melted and caramelized. Cool and serve.

= = = = = = = = = =
Canton Beef
Epcot's Nine Dragons Restaurant
Yield: 4 servings.

8 oz beef flank steak
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 small onion
1 c cooking oil

Marinade:
4 Tbl water
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp chicken base
¼ tsp sugar
1 egg white
1 tsp cornstarch

Sauce:
1 Tbl soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp wine
1 tsp chicken stock
½ tsp chicken base
½ tsp sugar
Pinch white pepper
1 tsp cornstarch
¼ tsp sesame oil

1. Slice beef flank steak. Combine marinade ingredients. Marinate beef in a bowl for at least 30 minutes. Cut peppers and onion into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
2. Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. Place approximately 1 cup of cooking oil in a heated wok or fry pan and heat oil to medium heat. Place marinated beef in heated oil and cook until almost done. Drain beef into a strainer. Set aside.
4. Leave about a teaspoon of oil in the wok. Place it back on the stove. Stir-fry onion and peppers for 30 seconds. Pour sauce mixture over onions and green peppers. Stir occasionally with a spatula.
5. When sauce mixture begins to darken in color, place beef back into the wok and stir-fry swiftly. The dish is done when the peppers have softened. Serve hot with steamed white rice.

= = = = = = = = = =
House of Blues Jambalaya

Creole jambalaya sauce:
1 1/3 ounce vegetable oil
5 ounces diced smoked tasso ham
5 ounces quartered andouille sausage
12 1/2 ounces diced celery
12 1/2 ounces diced onion
8 1/3 ounces diced green bell pepper
2 tablespoons House of Blues Louisiana Spice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
4 1/2 cups diced canned tomatoes
Generous 3/4 cup tomato sauce
2 bay leaves
Generous 3/4 cup water
4 1/2 ounces chopped green onions
2 teaspoons chicken base

Jambalaya:
1 ounce butter
1 teaspoon Louisiana Spice
3 ounces chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
10 ounces of Creole jambalaya sauce
10 ounces cooked white rice
2 roasted chicken drummettes
3 ounces (50-60 count) medium shrimp
2 ounces andouille, cut in half lengthwise, grilled
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
1 Scotch bonnet
2 roasted green onions

1. For sauce, heat oil in a pan. Sauté tasso and andouille. Add onion, celery, peppers, garlic, stirring occasionally. Sauté 15 minutes. Add Louisiana Spice. Mix tomatoes, tomato sauce, bay leaves. Add to pan. Cook 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add green onions, water, chicken base. Cook 45 minutes on low heat. Refrigerate until ready to use. Sauce is best when made a day in advance. Before serving, pick out and discard bay leaves. Makes 3 1/3 quarts.
2. For jambalaya, heat butter in sauté pan. Season chicken and shrimp with Louisiana Spice. Sauté in butter on medium high 2 minutes. Add 10 ounces of jambalaya sauce, rice and mix for one minute. Spoon mixture into serving bowl. Garnish with roasted onions and drummettes and grilled andouille. Position Scotch bonnet pepper in center and dust with Louisiana Spice and parsley. Yield: 1 serving.

Recipe note: House of Blues Louisiana Spice can be purchased at the HOB for $6 in 3.3-ounce packages.

<Source: Orlando Sentinel>

= = = = = = = = = =
Ensalada De La Casa
San Angel Inn

12 ounces green lettuce mix
1 small jícama, peeled and cut into strips
1 small can of cactus strips
1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 of a small red onion, cut into slices
1/2 of a red bell pepper, cut into slices
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 avocado, peeled and cut into slices

House ranch dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon tarragon
1/8 teaspoon ground oregano
1/8 teaspoon ground basil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon chopped chipotle pepper
3 teaspoons cilantro
Milk as needed

1. For dressing, combine all liquid ingredients in a bowl, whipping at medium speed until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix well (you may add milk to obtain desired texture). Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. In bowl, toss salad ingredients. Add dressing to taste.

= = = = = = = = = =
FILE CHICKEN GUMBO
House of Blues
Yield: 12 (10 ounce) servings.

2 Tbl olive oil
12 oz frozen cut okra
½ lb yellow onion, cut in ¼” dice
¼ lb celery, cut in 1/4” dice
¾ lb green bell pepper, cored and seeded and cut in ¼” dice
1 Tbl minced garlic
¼ lb andouille sausage, split and sliced in ¼” rounds
2 qt chicken stock
1¼ Tbl Kosher salt
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
6 oz diced tomatoes, canned
2 oz brown roux (see note)
1 tsp gumbo file
8 oz chicken breast, cut in 1” dice
2 c cooked white rice
2 Tbl freshly chopped parsley

1. In a saucepot, heat half of the oil to the smoking point, add half of the okra and sauté until light brown and slimy looking. Lower the heat to medium; add onions, celery, pepper, garlic and andouille; sauté until the vegetables become translucent. Be careful not to burn. Add the diced tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and 1 tablespoon of the salt; mix well.
2. Crumble roux into chicken stock. Whisk until the roux is completely dissolved. Mix chicken-stock mixture with vegetables. Bring to a boil and let simmer 10 minutes. Stir frequently so the gumbo does not burn into the bottom of the pot.
3. In a sauté pan, heat remaining oil to smoking point. Add chicken and remaining salt. Sauté until the chicken is cooked through and slightly brown. Add the rest of the okra and cook until hot. Drain well and add to the gumbo with the file; mix well.
4. To serve, put 2 ounces of rice into a bowl and ladle 10 ounces of gumbo over rice. Garnish with the parsley.

How to make brown roux: In a heavy stockpot, heat 2 cups vegetable oil to 150 F. Slowly whisk in 1 pound flour, mixing well. Cook in a 375 F oven for about 2 hours. Stir every 15 minutes. Roux is done when chocolate brown in color. You can freeze the roux in small portions and use as needed in recipes. [NOTE: Making a proper roux (pronounced "ROO") is a critical step in this recipe. Rouxs change character and color the longer they are cooked. Dark roux, such as the one used in this recipe, adds a nutty, toasty layer of flavor to the gumbo.]

= = = = = = = = = =
Flourless Chocolate Cake
The Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney-MGM Studios
Yield: 12 servings.

1 cup butter, unsalted
1 cup dark chocolate chips (special dark or bittersweet)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons fresh brewed espresso (instant can be substituted)
2 tablespoons hot water
1 cup sugar
6 eggs
2 tablespoons rum

Icing:

1 cup heavy cream
1 cup dark chocolate chips (special dark or bittersweet)

1. Heat oven to 250 F.
2. In microwavable bowl, mix butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Place in microwave on low power, 1 minute at a time until completely melted, stir until smooth. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, dissolve cocoa powder with espresso and hot water, stirring until you have a smooth consistency, set aside.
4. In another bowl, large enough to hold all ingredients, combine eggs, sugar and rum, stirring until combined.
5. Add coffee/cocoa mixture to egg mixture and then the chocolate mixture to the egg/cocoa, stirring until you have a smooth and creamy consistency.
6. Pour into 12 buttered cupcake tins, or 6 1/2-cup buttered ramekins. If using ramekins, place on baking sheet. Bake at 250 F 30 minutes. Cakes should souffle only very little. Be careful not to over-bake. Remove from oven and let cool.
7. Place in the freezer 3 hours or overnight. Remove from pans and place on a wire rack over a sheet pan.
8. Prepare the icing by placing the heavy cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the remaining cup of chocolate chips, stir until smooth. Pour chocolate over cakes, making sure to cover sides. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

= = = = = = = = = =
House of Blues Creole Bell Peppers With Shrimp and Mirliton Stuffing
Yield: 6 servings.

6 green bell peppers, cut in half and seeded
1 tablespoon olive oil

Stuffing:

1 pound (50-60 count) shrimp
4 mirlitons (chayote squash), seeded, diced
1 roasted eggplant, peeled, chopped
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 of a large yellow onion, diced
1/2 of a red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 cup clam juice
4 ounces white wine
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil

Green chili sauce:

1/2 pound tomatillos, peeled
1 medium tomato, cored
2 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded
1/2 of a large yellow onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped

1. For green chili sauce, combine ingredients in saucepan. Bring to boil and let simmer until tomato and tomatillos break up. Puree in blender.
2. For stuffing, blanch mirlitons in lightly salted water until soft and tender, about 20 minutes. Sauté onions, peppers, celery, mushrooms, garlic and mirlitons with the butter until translucent. Mix in seasonings. Add wine and clam juice; bring to boil. Add eggplant, bring back to boil, then simmer until eggplant becomes mushy. Add shrimp. Simmer until shrimp are cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs.
3. To assemble, blanch the green bell peppers in lightly salted water 2 minutes; cool. Add 1⁄2 cup of stuffingto each pepper half. Spread oil in baking dish, and fill with stuffed peppers. Bake in 350 F oven 20 minutes (internal temperature should reach 155 F).

= = = = = = = = = =
Chicken Jambalaya from Boatwright's
Yield: 5-7 servings.

1 lb. boneless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup roughly chopped andouille sausage
3 Tblsp oil
1/2 cup diced onion
1/3 cup diced celery
1/3 cup diced green peppers
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 1/2 cups uncooked rice
2 Tblsp Creole or Cajun seasoning
2 Tblsp tomato paste
3 cubes chicken bouillon dissolved in 5 cups hot water
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

1. Add oil to 4-quart saucepan. Cook chicken and sausage in pan just long enough to sear the outside of the meat. Add onion, celery, green peppers, and cayenne pepper to the meat. Cook until onions are translucent.
2. Add rice and Creole or Cajun seasoning to pan, stirring slowly to coat the rice. Add tomato paste and the chicken stock. Stir well.
3. Cook on low heat until all water has been absorbed. Add salt and pepper until seasoned to taste.

= = = = = = = = = =
House of Blues Bayou Shrimp and Grits
Yield: 6 servings.

2 lbs. shrimp (16 to 20) peeled, deveined, tail on
3 tsp kosher salt
3 cups buttermilk
6 cups tempura flour (6 cups flour, 1/2 tsp each pepper, salt, baking powder)
6 oz. freshly grated Parmesan
1/4 cup chopped parlsey
Chipotle marinara sauce (see note)
Sauteed spinach (see note)
Cheddar cheese grits (see note)

1. Season shrimp with salt. Coat with buttermilk. Dredge in flour. Deep fry at 375 F until golden. Remove from fryer; drain.
2. Place 4-ounce scoop of grits in center of 12-inch pasta bowl. Ladle 4 ounces of marinara sauce around grits. Place 6 shrimp around bowl on top of the sauce with tails facing out. Place a pile of spinach on top of grits. Place one shrimp straight up on top of spinach. Sprinkle parsley and cheese over entire dish.

Chipotle Marinara sauce:
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in pot. Saute 2 tablespoons diced yellow onions, 1 tablespoon minced garlic until onions are translucent. Add 28 ounces diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle peppers (canned). Stir and bring to simmer. Simmer 45 minutes on low to medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Puree until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Keep warm until needed.

Cheddar cheese grits:
In pot, bring 1 quart water, 2 1/2 cups milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt to boil. Whisk in 1 1/2 cups quick grits. Simmer 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Top with 4 ounces each shredded American and cheddar cheeses and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Keep warm until needed.

Sauteed spinach:
Saute 1 pound fresh spinach in 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, turning with tongs until wilted. Season with coarse salt.

= = = = = = = = = =
Planet Hollywood's Blackened Mahi-mahi
Yield: 1 serving.

6-oz. mahi-mahi fillet
Blackfish seasoning to taste (see note)
Vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups cooked jasmine rice
6 oz. tropical fruit salsa (see note)
2 cilantro sprigs for garnish

1. Rinse fish under cold water. Pat dry. Dust with seasoning.
2. Brush grill grate and wipe with vegetable oil. Heat grill. Place fish on hot grill. Grill, turning once, until center is cooked.
3. Mound rice in middle of serving plate. Place cooked fish on top. Top with tropical fruit salsa. Garnish with 2 cilantro sprigs.

Tropical salsa: Combine 8 ounces each red and green bell peppers, 12 ounces diced red onion, 1 diced and peeled papaya, 1 diced and peeled mango, 1/2 of a cored pineapple (diced) and 1 bunch chopped cilantro. Stir in 2 cups honey, 2 cups lime juice, 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

[Recipe note: Planet Hollywood uses Blackfish brand seasoning from R.L. Schreiber]

Index complete through this post.

Green Peppercorn Steak Au Poivre
Chef Robert Irvine, Epcot Food and Wine Festival Culinary Demo

3 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. neutral oil, such as canola or grapeseed
Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
4 tenderloin steaks, each about 6 – 8 ounces
2 shallots, chopped
2 tbsp. canned green peppercorns
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. cream
1 cup demi-glace (brown sauce)

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (so you can keep the steaks warm).
Put 2 tablespoons of the butter and oil in a large skillet and turn the heat to medium-high. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. When the butter melts, add the steaks and turn the heat to high. Sear on the first side for about 3 minutes, then turn and sear on the second side for 2 – 3 minutes. Lower the heat and cook until just short of your chosen level of doneness, about 7 minutes total for medium-rare. Remove to a utility platter and keep warm in the oven whilst you make the sauce.
Pour out any fat from the skillet leaving the brown bits in there. Add the remaining butter and shallots and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are soft, about 3 minutes. Add the green peppercorns and cook for 30 seconds. Add the mustard, cream and demi-glace and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve. Was served with mashed potatoes, grilled onions and asparagus.

Demo: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...te-of-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/

I recently had a raspberry rain at Mama Melroses. It was so good. The only ingredients I remember was finlandia rasperry vodka and fresh raspberries. There were a lot more things that I didn't know what they were (not a big drinker) Should have taken a picture of the menu darn it!!! Anybody know?
Thanks

I recently had a raspberry rain at Mama Melroses. It was so good. The only ingredients I remember was finlandia rasperry vodka and fresh raspberries. There were a lot more things that I didn't know what they were (not a big drinker) Should have taken a picture of the menu darn it!!! Anybody know?
Thanks

i asked my ex bf if he remembered this and he didn't. he worked at mama melroses on the college program years ago.

i usually like to try a google search to see if i can find a recipe. try raspberry rain disney recipe or a combo of things like that if nobody posts it here.

Thanks

Ummm, just posted that recipe on the previous page along with several other cocktail recipes.

I love this thread! I'm glad I found it today. Does anyone know this?

White Bean Hummus

(from Boma)

I'm having a get-together with my friends - also big Disney fans - soon and I'd love to surprise them with "Boma" for dinner, or as close as we can get to it by not actually being there. By the way, I wish I were there ... now! :lovestruc

I love this thread! I'm glad I found it today. Does anyone know this?

White Bean Hummus

(from Boma)

I'm having a get-together with my friends - also big Disney fans - soon and I'd love to surprise them with "Boma" for dinner, or as close as we can get to it by not actually being there. By the way, I wish I were there ... now! :lovestruc

Things may have changed but in 2007, this was posted at Mousesowners (a DVC board).
I can't find a recipe to recreate the white bean hummus, and since it is not made by WDW they can't provide one either. But the japaleno hummus at Cost Plus World Market does taste similar, especially when eaten with plain Stacy's pita chips.

I was told the same thing at The Pepper Market where I had an extremely good mango cheesecake and had requested the recipe.

Oh, that's really disappointing. But thank you for checking, Tatania.

I checked but unless I missed it ... is there a recipe for the sour apple frozen drink from Boma?

TIA, and I'll promise to do my part next time I'm at WDW and request recipes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter