<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Thanks, piratesmate, for the sour apple request and the corrected information about the vinaigrette.

I haven't tried e-mailing them but I think I will do that today. I hope I get the information soon so I can share it will all of you so I'll post it on here when I receive it.

Ok this was asked on page 179 but I never say an answer. Does anyone know how to make Boma's Corn and Spinach Pudding?

TIA

Ok this was asked on page 179 but I never say an answer. Does anyone know how to make Boma's Corn and Spinach Pudding?

TIA

On this last visit, I went to the Boma breakfast and handed the waitress the list of requests we had from Boma. Now, the standard response these days is for the waiter to take your e-mail address, tell you that the Chef will get back to you, and then you never hear from them again.

It's understandable, because as my sister told me (she's worked in large kitchens like the Hyatt Regency and Four Seasons) - chefs hated getting recipe requests from customers because they either do not use an exact recipe, or it's in such large quantities and uses professional equipment so it would be essentially useless for the home cook. Often, they don't give you the exact recipe anyway because it's their professional secret. Some Disney restaurants still have printed cards or copies of the recipes they use, but more often than not, they don't. By taking your e-mail and promising to get back to you, it takes immediate care of the request and they know Guest Relations will take care of it after that.

At Boma, however, I had a different response because the waitress says they now have all the recipes online. She told me to go to the Animal Kingdom Lodge website and then to /recipes or something like that. I didn't write down the URL because it all sounded too far-fetched to me. The waitress at Jiko confirmed it when she told me that the chefs at AKL would never openly reveal all their recipes on the website so that anybody else could copy them.

The best advice for anybody wanting a recipe is to write to Guest Relations or call Boma Chefs Team at (407) 938-4808 and ask who best to contact.

I hope you like this recipe, I love it and I found it in a free recipe site called recipebuddys.com , hope you like it they taste like the cookie of the sandwish cookie ice cream of disney. :)

pudding chip cookies

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
half cup sugar
1 pkg. (4 serving size) instant pudding, any flavor
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 pkg. (12 oz.) mini morsels

Directions
Preheat oven to 375F.
Beat butter, sugars, pudding mix, and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs; mix well. Gradually add flour and baking soda, beating until well blended. Stir in mini morsels. Drop dough by teasponfuls, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
Bake at 375F for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire racks.

redzinner - thanks SO much for posting that recipe. I'm wanting to try more fish dishes this winter as they are lower in calories and healthier.

One of my contacts came through with two of the recipe requests from Boma. The bad news is that he is being transferred to Mama Melrose next week so

Does anyone have the Mango Pie recipe from Yak and Yeti? I had the pie last week and it was heavenly.
Also does anyone have the Bok Choy recipe from Boma?
Thanks so much,
Ginger

The Mango Pie is a commercial product.

Bok Choy
Boma – Flavors of Africa, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 8 servings

2/3 pound Bok Choy, sliced ¼ inch thick
1/16 quart Safflower Oil
1/8 pound Red Onion, julienned
1/16 quart Curry Paste (recipe below)
1/16 of a #10 can of diced Tomatoes
1/16 gallon Ginger Soy Juice (recipe below)

1. Cut bok choy in half and take the core out. Cut slices ¼ inch thick and place in bowl. Wash thoroughly.
2. Heat oil in sauté pan and add onion, curry paste, and tomatoes. Stir through.
3. Add ginger juice and let boil.
4. Add cut bok choy and let simmer until the bok choy is done.

Note: The boy chok can be substituted with Napa and red cabbage.

Curry Paste

1 cup Olive Oil
3 each Red Peppers
¼ cup Ginger Root, fresh
¼ cup Garlic Cloves
2 tablespoons Ground Turmeric
2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
2 tablespoons Ground Cardamom
2 tablespoons Ground Ginger
½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

1. Heat oil in a non-aluminum pan. Add peppers, ginger, and garlic. Simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Toast spices – turmeric, cinnamon, and cumin. Add all the spices to the peppers.
3. Remove from heat and drain off oil.
4. Puree in food processor until smooth.
5. Cool, cover, and refrigerate up to one week.

GINGER SOY JUICE
Yield: 3 cups

1 cup Soy Sauce
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1 ½ cups Water
6 tablespoons Fresh Ginger, finely chopped

1. In a stainless pot, heat all the ingredients until it boils. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Strain the juice through a China cap. Let cool.

We fell in love with the new addition at Boma. Is anyone will to post an attempt at a recipe for the Corn & Spinach Pudding?
Thanks!

Sweet Corn & Spinach Pudding
Boma, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge

½ cup Onions (diced)
1 tbl sp Butter
½ tsp Thyme (fresh picked then chopped fine)
2 cups Fresh corn kernels cut from the cobb
½ gal Milk
1 qt Half & Half
1 qt Water
1 lb Polenta (ROLAND, raw but par cooked)
¼ cup Yellow Corn Flour
2 tbl sp Salt
2 tbl sp Sugar
½ cup Parmesan Cheese
SPINACH (ADD AS DESIRED)

Saute onions with butter in a heavy bottom pot. Add corn kernels and Saute a few minutes. Add milk, water, and half & half. Mix the polenta and corn flour together dry and set aside. Bring just to a boil and whisk in cheese, salt, pepper, sugar, then the polenta/corn flour mixture in a steady stream. Keep whisking to ensure a smooth mixture. Turn stove off and whip a little longer to keep smooth as it thickens. Taste to ensure flavors are balanced, and enjoy!!

Pilferk - if you still want the Sticky Buns recipe and loveWDWalways - if you want to try and get the drink recipe send me a tell in the next days and I'll give you the name of this contact. He's only there one more week though.

Does anyone have the recipe for the Seared Scallop from the New Zealand booth at this year's F&W? The scallop itself it prob pretty easy to make, but we loved the veggies & dressing underneath. Thanks.

Does anyone have the recipe for the Seared Scallop from the New Zealand booth at this year's F&W? The scallop itself it prob pretty easy to make, but we loved the veggies & dressing underneath. Thanks.

Page 185 :thumbsup2

Thanks to Tatiana, I sent in a request for a new version of the chimichurri served at Argentina. There is a recipe on the boards - but it was definitely incorrect. Well, it took a couple of weeks to get a response, but I got one! She even sent along a couple of other recipes for our files. Here goes:

Chimichurri:

1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup fresh Italian parsley
1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 white vinegar
To taste salt
To taste pepper

Lamingtons
Melbourne, Australia Kiosk

Ingredients for Cake:
6 each eggs
¾ cup castor sugar
1 cup self-rising flour
1/3 cup corn flour
1/3 cup hot water
3 teaspoons butter, melted

Method of Preparation for Cake:

• Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat until thick and creamy.
  • Gradually add the sugar and beat well until the sugar has dissolved.
  • In a large bowl, mix the self-rising flour with the corn flour.
  • Add the butter to the hot water.
  • Add the flour mixture to the beaten eggs and stir well. Then add the hot water mixture and combine well.
  • Pour the batter in a square cake pan that has been well greased.
  • Bake the cake at 350° for 35 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Ingredients for Icing:
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/3 cup cocoa
3 teaspoon butter, melted
½ cup milk, hot
3 cups desiccated coconut

Method of Preparation for Icing:
  • Mix the powdered sugar and cocoa together in a large bowl.
  • Add the melted butter and hot milk. Stir well until the mixture is smooth.
  • Cut the cake into squares and dip each square into the chocolate icing. Then roll the cake in the coconut. Drain on a wire cake rack.

Rum Raisin Gugelhopf

Dessert & Champagne Kiosk

Ingredients for Cake:
1 cup golden raisins
1 ¼ cup Stroh rum or dark rum, to cover raisins
Melted unsalted butter for the pan
½ cup slivered almonds
1 ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened (2 ½ sticks)
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
½ cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon Stroh rum or dark rum
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ each lemon – grated zest
7 each large egg yolks
6 each large egg whites
Pinch of salt
¾ cup sugar
2 ½ cup all-purpose flour

Method of preparation:
  • In a small dish, place raisins and rum and cover. Let the raisins soak overnight.
  • Preheat the oven to 325°F. Brush the inside of a 6 cup tube or bundt pan with melted butter. Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
  • In a large bowl, cream the butter with confectioner’s sugar and cornstarch until pale and cream, 4 to 5 minutes, using the paddle attachment.
  • Add the rum, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time.
  • Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and beat until foamy using the whisk on your electric mixer. Add the salt and gradually pour in the sugar, until soft peaks form.
  • Drain the raisins. Using a rubber spatula, fold the flour into the butter and egg yolk mixture, in three additions. Gently fold in the egg whites, working slowly to avoid deflating them. Fold in the raisins.
  • Pour the batter into the prepared mold, using a rubber spatula to sweep the batter to the edges, so that the cake looks slightly concave (this will prevent it from rising too much in the center). Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean and dry, 60 to 70 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack before unmolding.

Beef Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes

Paris, France Kiosk

Ingredients for Beef Short Ribs:
2 cups cabernet wine
3 sprigs of rosemary
3 springs of thyme
1 whole garlic clove, minced
½ cup pearl onions
½ cup chopped button mushrooms
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
To taste salt
To taste pepper
4 pounds beef ribs

Method of preparation:
  • In an oven-safe dish, add all ingredients together.
  • Cover dish and refrigerate for 12 hours.
  • Uncover the dish and place in a 280° - 300° for 2 ½ hours or until tender.
Ingredients for Mashed Potatoes:
4-6 potatoes, peeled
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
To taste salt
To taste pepper

Method of Preparation:
  • In a large pot, place peeled potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Let them cook until soft.
  • Drain the water and place the potatoes in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, mash the potatoes first.
  • Add butter and heavy cream. This will make for smoother mashed potatoes.
    [*]Season with salt and pepper.

Green Papaya Salad with Shrimp

Bangkok, Thailand Kiosk

Ingredients for Marinated Shrimp:
1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed and minced
2 tablespoons peeled and chopped ginger
1 small clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoon lime juice
3 tablespoon fish sauce
3 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce
To taste coarse salt
To taste freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined

Method of Preparation for Shrimp:
In a blender, puree all ingredients except vegetable oil and shrimp.
Add oil and blend. Marinate shrimp for 2 hours, refrigerated.
Preheat grill to high, Remove shrimp from marinade and grill for 1 ½ to 2 minutes per side. Sit aside.

Ingredients for Green Papaya Salad:
1 ½ pounds green papaya (about 3 cups peeled and julienned)
2 carrots, peeled and julienned
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
½ cup fresh mint cut in thin strips
To taste coarse salt
½ cup sugar
½ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup ginger juice (puree 2 tablespoon chopped ginger in ¼ cup water and strain)
½ cup fish sauce
1 teaspoon honey
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon sambal olek

Method of Preparation for Salad:
Toss papaya, carrots, red onion and mint in a large glass bowl. Add salt to taste.
Dissolve sugar in rice wine vinegar in a medium glass bowl. Stir in ginger juice, fish sauce, honey, lime, oil and sambal olek.
Add the dressing to the vegetables and toss to combine. Marinate at least 2 hours.
To serve, top with grilled shrimp and garnish with peanuts and mine.

For Serving:
Lime wedges, ½ cup chopped peanuts, fresh mint cup in thin strips

Cooks’ Note:
Since both the shrimp and salad need to marinate for two hours, start preparation well ahead of time.

She also sent recipes for the Greek Salad and the Fisherman's pie - but they were identical to what we already have.

Thanks so much for sharing those! :worship:

Here are some from Vienna, Austria.

Mushroom Soup
Vienna, Austria, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2009
8 (1-cup) servings

1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms
3 cups vegetable stock
5 medium ribs of celery, chopped
2 large onions, chopped
5 large carrots, chopped
12 large fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper, to taste

1. Rinse and dry the porcini mushrooms. Place in 2 cups of cold water in a medium bowl; set aside to soak for at least four hours or overnight.
2. Place the vegetable stock in a large pot over medium heat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until it begins to simmer. Stir in celery, onions, and carrots.
3. Strain the dried mushrooms, stirring the liquid into the stock. Chop porcinis into 1/4 inch pieces and add to the stock.
4. Stir in shiitake mushrooms and crimini mushrooms, cover with a tight fitting lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for about an hour, or until vegetables are tender.
5. Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add flour to make the roux, and cook, stirring constantly until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Remove 1 cup broth from soup and add to the roux, whisking constantly for 1 to 2 minutes or until roux slightly thickens and is free of lumps. Stir into soup.
7. Stir in parsley and dill. Purée soup with immersion blender for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
8. Add sour cream, whisking constantly for 1 to 2 minutes until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in warm bowls.

Goulash mit Servietten Knoedel (Paprika Beef Stew with Bacon Dumplings)
Vienna, Austria, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2009
Serves 4 - 6

Goulash
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups finely diced onion
1 green bell pepper, ribs removed, sliced into thin strips
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 pounds beef stew
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
2 bay leaves
1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed by hand
Lemon zest from two lemons

Bacon Dumplings
1 (16 oz) loaf unsliced soft white bread
3 slices bacon
3/4 cup chopped white onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
5 eggs
1 tablespoon chopped chives
Pinch nutmeg

For Goulash:
1. Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan. Sauté the onions and bell pepper in the oil until translucent but not browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic.
2. Stir in the beef and season with salt and pepper. As beef cooks, add the paprika, cayenne pepper, caraway seeds, and bay leaves. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes and return to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender, about 1 hour. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
4. Remove the bay leaves; stir in lemon zest just before serving.

For Bacon Dumplings:
1. Slice bread into 12 slices, then trim crust and dice slices into 1 inch cubes. Set aside.
2. Fry bacon until crisp in a skillet over medium heat. Remove from the skillet and sauté celery and onions in the rendered bacon fat. Crumble bacon strips and set aside.
3. Add heavy cream to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits on the bottom. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in crumble bacon and remove from heat.
4. Whisk eggs in a bowl large enough to hold the bread cubes. Stir in the warm cream, then fold in bread cubes and chives.
5. With your hands, form an oblong roll that will fit in a pan. Wrap in plastic wrap, then seal in aluminum foil. Poach, covered, in simmering water for 45 minutes.
6. Remove from water, unwrap and cool. To serve, slice and sauté in butter. Top with goulash.

Note: look for paprika specifically labeled "Hungarian, " as it delivers vibrant color and rich flavors to this dish.
My Note: My mother has been making these kind of dumplings her entire life (they are my favorite kind), and she has never wrapped them in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before cooking. They didn't even have those kind of things in the tiny German farming village she grew up and where she learned to make proper dumplings by watching her grandmother. A German girl was not considered a good wife unless she knew how to make proper dumplings. A Serviette is a napkin and the "oblong" shape is wraped in a type of linen napkin and boiled. You could also use cheesecloth or just make round balls and drop them into boiling water. It is NEVER wrapped in plastic *shudder*.

Spaetzle Gratin
Germany Pavilion, Chef Artur Bukalo, Epcot 2009 Food and Wine Festival

Spaetzle Gratin
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup diced onions
¼ cup diced ham
1-cup heavy cream
1-cup milk
¾ cup whole eggs
2 cups Spaetzle (home made or purchased)
¼ cup Gruyere cheese
½ cup or more Cheddar cheese for topping
Salt and pepper to taste

Ingredients for the Spaetzle noodles:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ teaspoons salt
1 ¼ cups whole milk
3 large eggs
½ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons olive oil
Spaetzle machine

Prepare the Spaetzle noodles first. To make the pasta, first bring a pot of salted water to a boil and keep at a bare simmer. Fill another large bowl with very cold water and set aside.
creamsauce.jpg

Whisk together flour and 1-teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together milk, eggs, and heavy cream in another bowl, then whisk into flour until batter is smooth.
In the pot with simmering water, push the pasta through the Spaetzle machine. You could also use a colander with larger holes to create the noodle strands. When they start floating to the surface after about a minute, transfer the noodles to the bowl of cold water.
Toss the drained Spaetzle with a little oil. You can find Spaetzle at a German Specialty store if you prefer to purchase them.

sauteonionsham.jpg

For the sauce, start by adding butter to a sauté pan. Sauté diced onions and ham in butter. In a separate bowl, mix heavy cream, milk and whole eggs. That is going to help congeal the pasta together and give the dish its binding and great flavor.
Add the sautéed ham and onions and Gruyere cheese to the Spaetzle. Add the cream-milk-eggs liquid inside the casserole dish and mix together. Don't forget to add salt and pepper to taste.
The last step is to add extra aged cheddar cheese over the top of the mixed Spaetzle.
Put in a 350-degree oven and bake for about 15 minutes.

kidcoos3 .. thanks for posting the Beef Short ribs recipe. France served the mashed potatoes on top of the short ribs didn't they? How many do you think that recipe will serve?

And the green papaya salad was another one of our favs and I will definitely be trying to replicate that flavor.

Tatania thanks for the Vienna mushroom soup. That's a keeper too!

It was France. The mashed potatoes - it'll depend on how big they are etc. I always use medium sized potatoes, one per person and one for the pot. We usually have leftovers though.

I was wondering if anyone has the recipe for the Pastitsio Greek-style Lasagna they serve at Kouzzina.

Thank you in advance

Moqueca de Camarão
(Shrimp Stew with Coconut Milk)
Rio de Janeiro, Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2009
Serves 4 to 6

36 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
6 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, divided
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon coarse salt
2 medium yellow onions, chopped, divided
1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
4 cups cooked long-grain white rice

Place shrimp in wide shallow dish. Stir together 2 tablespoons cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt in a small bowl and pour over shrimp. Turn shrimp to coat and marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.

Purée half of the chopped onions and the coconut milk in a blender; set aside.

Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add remaining chopped onions and cook until translucent, 5 to 6 minutes. Add tomatoes and 2 tablespoons cilantro, stirring occasionally until tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in coconut milk purée and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in butter.

Add shrimp, pouring any remaining marinade in the skillet. Stir in remaining cilantro. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. To serve, spoon over a little hot rice to soak up the delicious broth.

464.jpg

These were SO good. picture credit goes to disneyfav4ever

Savannah Rolls (Corn and Greens Spring Rolls)
Jiko—The Cooking Place at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Makes 8

Spring Rolls
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups fresh corn
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups firmly packed mixed baby lettuce
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup soft goat cheese
4 (8-inch) square frozen spring roll pastry wrappers made with wheat flour, thawed
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
Vegetable oil, for frying

Curry Vinaigrette
1/2 cup safflower oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons sambal olek (asian chili paste)
2 teaspoons honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill

For spring rolls:
1. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat, and add onions. Cook for 3 minutes, until softened, then add garlic; sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add corn, and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until corn is tender.
3. Add lettuce, and cook for 3 minutes, until wilted. Add salt and pepper. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Add goat cheese, and stir until well combined.
4. Cut wrappers in half diagonally, forming two triangles. With the long side of one triangle nearest you, put 2 tablespoons filling along middle of long edge of triangle, and shape filling into a thin log. Fold left and right corners of wrapper over filling, overlapping slightly. Dab top corner with egg yolk, then roll up wrapper away from you into a long thin roll, making sure ends and filling stay tucked inside. Place on a tray, seam side down. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling, keeping tray of rolls loosely covered until ready to fry.
5. Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a heavy-bottom stockpot over medium-high heat until it reaches 365°. Working in batches, fry rolls for 4 to 5 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.

For curry vinaigrette:
1. Place oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sambal olek, honey, garlic, and curry powder in a blender. Process until smooth.
2. Add dill, and stir to combine.
3. Serve with Corn and Greens Spring Rolls.

The shrimp stew sounds awesome. Has anyone had this? 1 cup of coconut milk doesn't seem to make a stew for 4 - 6 people though. Does it seem like it's missing anything to those of you who have had it?

The shrimp stew sounds awesome. Has anyone had this? 1 cup of coconut milk doesn't seem to make a stew for 4 - 6 people though. Does it seem like it's missing anything to those of you who have had it?

It was excellent when I ate it- I wouldn't be able to even guess if the recipe is missing something. Since you serve it over rice on a plate rather than in a bowl- it is more of a sauce over the rice and I would guess that the amount of milk compared to the other ingredients is right for serving it in that way- it is not a traditional American style stew.

Did anyone happen to get the recipe for the Red Snapper Escabeche? It was served at the Barcelona, Spain kiosk.

Does anyone have the recipe for the 'Category 5' Cocktail at T-Rex in DTD? We really enjoyed this and can't find it anywhere.

Just wanted to point out to our recipe collectors that cocktail recipes are the easiest recipes of all to get at the source. Most bartenders are happy to recite the ingredient list to you, so if you like a cocktail it would be terrific if you could ask at the restaurant and then post the recipe here. T-Rex is not a Disney restaurant, so only somebody asking in person will get this recipe.

Did anyone happen to get the recipe for the Red Snapper Escabeche? It was served at the Barcelona, Spain kiosk.

Red Snapper in Escabeche
Barcelona, Spain, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2009
Serves 4

2 pounds red snapper fillets
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 red onion, julienned
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced
Pinch chili flakes
1 bay leaf
1 stalk celery
1/2 sweet red pepper, julienned
1/2 sweet yellow pepper, julienned
1 carrot, julienned
1/2 cup sliced Spanish olives
1 tablespoon capers with brine
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon olive brine
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon sugar
Coarse salt, to taste

1. Season the snapper fillet with salt and pepper. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the snapper until lightly browned on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels and put the fish into a shallow glass dish.
2. Drain oil from the skillet, return it to medium heat and add remaining olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, chili flakes and bay leaf.
3. Add celery, red and yellow peppers and carrots and cook another 2minutes. Stir in olives and capers.
4. Stir in the white vinegar, Sherry vinegar and olive brine.
5. Add chicken stock, sugar and salt and bring to a boil.
6. Spoon vegetables over snapper, then add vinegar sauce. Serve hot or cool to room temperature and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

Crema Catalana

Barcelona, Spain, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2009
Serves 4

2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups whole milk, divided
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
7 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided

1. Whisk cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of milk in a small mixing bowl until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
2. Whisk in egg yolks, lemon peel and orange peel. Set aside.
3. Stir together remaining milk and 6 tablespoons of sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until mixture begins to boil. Whisk in cornstarch mixture and continue stirring for 3 to 5 minutes, or until mixture starts to thicken and begins to bubble.
4. Pour into 6-ounce ramekins, dividing equally. Allow mixture to cool, then chill overnight in refrigerator.
5. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle ramekins with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
6. Arrange ramekins on baking sheet and broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until sugar bubbles and turns golden brown.(You will need to rotate the baking sheet a few times to ensure even browning.)

Note: you can use a hand-held kitchen torch instead of the broiler the caramelize the sugar topping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter