<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Tatania,
Thanks, don't know how I missed it I had spent a couple of hours searching and I didn't see it. I wonder if I had an old menu because the only thing I remembered was it said Findlandia raspberry vodka. Not being a vodka expect I wonder what difference it would make? Anyone? Most of the rest sounded familiar though.

Oh, that's really disappointing. But thank you for checking, Tatania.

I checked but unless I missed it ... is there a recipe for the sour apple frozen drink from Boma?

TIA, and I'll promise to do my part next time I'm at WDW and request recipes.

There is a Sour Apple Chiller recipe on page 99 that is attributed to the WDW General Bar Menu. Perhaps it's the same as the one served at Boma...

And re: hummus...

Back in 2001 when Boma first opened we asked for a hummus recipe - either roasted red pepper or sun-dried tomato, I forget now - and they told us that it was a commercial product. They did send a "plain" hummus recipe though instead. It's different than one posted for Jiko.

HUMMUS
Boma
Yield: 20 servings

32 oz Chickpeas, canned, drained, and rinsed
5 Tbl Tahini, mix well
2 Tbl Garlic, roasted
10 each Lemons, juiced
1 tsp Garlic, fresh
Salt and Pepper

Place chickpeas in robot coupe. Puree. Add tahini, both garlics, and half the lemon juice. Mix. Adjust lemon juice and finish with salt and pepper.

Thanks for the general hummus recipe, piratesmate. I have the ingredients on hand so that's good. :)

The Boma sour apple drink I had was non alcoholic. It tasted almost like the sour Skittles, but with more sweetness.

Also, although I looked up and down and in every corner of the page, I can't find the apple vinaigrette from page 135. Well, I guess looking once more can't hurt. :)

Sambuca Shrimp
Portobello Italian Trattoria, Downtown Disney
Makes 1 serving

4 ea Shrimp (u-15) peeled, deveined with tail left on
1 Tbsp Sambuca (80 proof or higher)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp thinly sliced garlic
4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 ea red potatoes
1 lemon wedge
3 slices 1/2-in thick crusty bread
Salt and pepper to taste

Prepare a 6" cast iron skillet
Cut enough 1/8-in. thick slices of red potatoes to cover the bottom of your 6" cast iron skillet. Toss the potato slices with half the olive oil, garlic and parsley. Season to taste. Line the bottom of the skillet with the potatoes, overlapping slightly, bake until the potatoes are half cooked (10 min at 350F).

Prepare the dish
:
Toss 4 shrimp with the remainder of the extra virgin olive oil, shaved garlic, chopped parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Increase the temp of your oven to 475. Add shrimp to pre-cooked skillet and potatoes and place in oven for about 5 min. or until shrimp are cooked.
Place skillet on large oval plate along with 3 crostini's (crusty bread), and a ramekin of 1/2-oz of Sambuca along with a lemon wedge.
Take the oval platter right to the table. At the table, pour the Sambuca over the shrimp and, using a lighter, flame the shrimp (do not use more than 1 Tbsp. of Sambuca).
When the flame goes out, squeeze the lemon wedge over the shrimp and serve.
Tips: u-15 shrimp denotes the size (15 shrimp per pound).
Preheating the oven and skillet will prevent sticking.
Always serve with crusty bread to absorb the juices on the plate.
The skillet must be hot for the shrimp to flame so take you platter right from the oven to the table.
Always season as you go.
When flaming the shrimp use a long kitchen match or a long reach butane lighter. Use extreme caution when flaming the shrimp.
The potatoes may be cooked in the skillet ahead of time and stored under refrigeration until needed, up to one day prior to serving.

Bucatini

12 Ounces *Guanciale
1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 pint Red Cherry Tomato (cut in half)
1 pint Yellow Pear Tomatoes (cut in half)
2 cups Roasted Roma Tomatoes (roughly chopped)
4 Tbsp Shaved garlic
2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
1 pound ** Bucatini Pasta
Taste Salt and Pepper

Heat a large skillet over medium – high heat. Add Olive oil and allow to heat. Add chili flake and cook to develop flavor (1 – 2 minutes) Add guanciale and allow to render (2- 3 minutes)
Add garlic and cook until slightly golden. Add roasted tomatoes and heat through.
Add fresh tomatoes, toss to combine and season with salt and pepper While sauce is cooking, boil pasta in large pot of salted water until done. Drain pasta and add to tomato mixture. Toss to combine and adjust seasoning. Serve in four warmed pasta bowls of family style on a platter. Garnish with fresh grated parmesan cheese as desired.

Tips: Always boil pasta in a large amount of salted water.
When preparing pasta dishes, starchy water from pasta pot may be used to adjust the consistency of final preparation.
*Guanciale is pork jowl that has been cured like bacon. If it’s not available pancetta or bacon may be used.
**Bucatini is a pasta which looks like spaghetti but has a hole running through it. Bucco means hole in Italian.
Bucatini All’Amatriciana originates from Amatrice which is a village in central Italy near Rome. Bucatini is common in and around Rome.

Tiramisu

6 egg yolks
3 Tbsp Sugar
1 pound Mascarpone cheese
1-1/2 cups strong espresso, cooled
2 tsp Dark rum
24 Ladyfingers, packaged
1/2 cup Bittersweet chocolate shavings, for garnish

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. Add mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth.
Add 1 tablespoon of espresso and mix until thoroughly combined. In a small shallow dish, add remaining espresso and rum. Dip each ladyfinger into espresso for only 5 seconds. Letting the ladyfingers soak too long will cause them to fall apart. Place the soaked ladyfinger on the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish, breaking them in half, if necessary, in order to fit the bottom.
Spread 1/2 of the mascarpone mixture evenly over the ladyfingers. Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers and top with remaining mascarpone mixture. Cover Tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 8 hours.
Before serving, sprinkle with chocolate shavings.

BOMA BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP This is one of our favs. I remember the soup as being sweet not savory. Different from verizon posted here. Almost like liquid pumpkin pie. My DS and I almost got sick we ate so much of this soup. The recipe I got from Boma is this:

BOMA BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP

3 OZ Butter melted
12 OZ Butternut Squash peeled & cubed
Salt & Pepper to taste

8 oz Water
8 oz Heavy Cream
8 oz Milk
2 Tblspn sugar
1 Tsp ground ginger
1 Tsp ground nutmeg
1 Tsp cinnamon
1 Tsp ground coriander

1 Tblspn cornstarch
2 oz water

3 oz American Cheese

Preparation

1. Roast Butternut Squash ~ in a bowl add butternut squash, pour melted butter over toss to coat. Add salt & pepper to taste. Spread squash out on cookie sheet and roast in 325 degree oven for @ 45 minutes.

2. In soup pot add roasted squash, water, milk and cream. I use a stick blender but you can use a regular blender do small batches. Add sugar ( I sometimes use brown sugar), ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and coriander. Blend well.

3. Mix cornstarch and water in small cup to make a slurry. Add to soup.

4. Add cheese. Blend till soup is smooth and cheese melted.

I plan on making it for the weekend.

Chocolate-Covered Cannoli Recipe
Italy, Epcot Food & Wine Festival 2008
Serves 4

10 ounces dark chocolate
4 medium cannoli shells
1 ¼ cup ricotta cheese
4 tbsp sugar
3 tsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp freshly grated orange peel
½ tsp vanilla extract

1. Place dark chocolate in the top of a double boiler over gently boiling water. Stir chocolate until completely melted and remove from heat.
2. Dip each cannoli into the chocolate, completely coating each shell, set aside on a wire rack.
3. Mix ricotta cheese, sugar, chocolate chips, orange peel and vanilla extract in a medium bowl on low until well blended.
4. One hour before serving, place mixture in a piping bag without a tip and fill both ends of the cannoli shells.

Yukon Potato Stack with Gruyére and Parmesan Cheeses
Steakhouse 55, Disneyland Hotel, (Chef Jason Martin)

5 lb. Yukon gold potatoes
8 oz. Parmesan cheese, shredded
8 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded
1 tsp. olive oil
4 tbs. shallots (approximately 4), minced
2 tbs. fresh garlic (approximately 4-5 large cloves), minced
3 cups heavy cream
1 tbs. kosher salt
To taste: freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 300˚F.
Peel and slice potatoes to about 1/16 inch thick. (Use a mandoline or food slicer to slice potatoes uniformly. Do not rinse or hold potatoes in water because the starch will be washed away). Set aside.
Mix shredded cheeses together and reserve 1/3 cup to top the potato stack. Set aside. Heat a heavy-bottomed stock pot over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan and coat the bottom. Add chopped shallots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Add garlic and continue to sauté until garlic starts to brown. Add the cream and potatoes to the pot. Add the salt & pepper.
Stir to coat the potatoes and reduce the cream until it starts to thicken, about 10-15 minutes. Add cheese to the pot and continue cooking over medium heat until cheese melts. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of a 13-inch by9-inch pan. Spray with nonstick pan spray. Add potato mix to the pan, making sure that the potatoes lay flat and that there are no gaps. Spread the reserved cheese over the top in an even layer. Cover the baking pan with plastic wrap first and then foil. Bake in preheated oven for two hours. Check the potatoes by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it goes in without any give, it is done. If there is still give, cover and return to the oven, checking every 10-15 minutes.

disney-seared-cod-salsa-400x300.jpg

Seared Cod with Smoked Tropical Salsa
Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival 2009, Dole presentation by Chef Dieter Preiser

2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tsp garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
4 (6 oz. each) cod or other white fish fillets

STIR together, first 6 ingredients, in small bowl. POUR marinade over fish fillets in a shallow bowl. Turn to coat evenly; marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. * Tip from the chefs: the higher the acidity of your marinade, the less marination time is needed. HEAT saute pan or large skillet to medium-high heat; remove fish from marinade and sear meat side down, until well browned, about 4 to 5 minutes, then turn over and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until fish is 140 degrees F. Discard remaining marinade. Serve with Smoked Tropical Salsa.

Smoked Tropical Salsa
1 can (15.25 oz) DOLE Tropical Fruit, drained and coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 Tbsp green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1/2 tsp smoked or regular paprika
1/4 cup bottled Chinese duck sauce

HEAT tropical fruit in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through. Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to use.

SPINACH TOSTADAS WITH SHRIMP AND POTATOES
Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival 2009, Culinary demonstration by Guy Fieri (winner of season 2 of The Next Food Network Star)
Yield: 12 tostadas

For the Tostadas
2 - 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
1 Tablespoon roasted red bell pepper, fine dice (optional -can use fresh)
1 teaspoon Jalapeno OR Serrano pepper, fine dice
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 large eggs
1/3 Cup Panko bread crumbs, unseasoned
1/3 Cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon black pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
3 Tablespoons EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Press all of the liquid out of the spinach. Start with pressing in a colander, then roll in double layer paper towels, press and squeeze all of the liquid out. Once that is done, chop the spinach and place in a medium bowl with the rest of the ingredients, except the EVOO. The mixture should be very well combined and will be moist, but not wet.
Dividing the mixture into 6 equal portions, form the spinach mixture into flat patties, about 3” in diameter and 1⁄4” thick. Can flatten using saran wrap.
In a large non stick sauté pan over medium high heat, heat the oil. When hot, add the spinach tostadas into the pan, cook about 2 minutes, turn and cook the other side. They will be slightly browned. Put them on a paper towel lined baking sheet, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and hold in warm oven.

For the topping
1⁄2 pound shrimp, cleaned, cut into 1⁄2” pieces
1 Tablespoon shallot, fine dice
1 tsp. chopped garlic
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 potatoes, cooked in boiling water until just fork tender, then cut in 1⁄2” dice
2 Tablespoon capers
1⁄4 Cup chicken stock
1 Tablespoon Italian parsley
2 Tablespoons Feta cheese, grated with box grater
2 Tablespoons Sour cream
1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
1 teaspoon Pepper

In a small bowl combine the sour cream and lime zest and set aside, grated the feta and set aside.
In the same pan the spinach tostadas were cooked in, reheat to medium high, using the remainder of the oil left in pan. When oil is hot, add in the shallot and cook until translucent. Add in the tomatoes, garlic, potatoes and capers, stir to combine, add in the shrimp and stock and cook until shrimp are done. Season with the pepper and parsley, remove from heat.

Remove the spinach tostadas from the oven, put on a serving platter, pile some the shrimp mixture on each tostada, sprinkle with feta, then top with a small dollop of the sour cream. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes

I didn't think to try to get the recipes of the two things I fell in love with at the F&W festival this year. Does anyone have the recipes for the lamb with red wine sauce from Melbourne or the Crawfish Etouffee from this year? I didn't try it last year and the recipe from last year doesn't look like what was in it this year. Can anyone help or point me in the direction to get the recipes? I just LOVED both and would love to recreate them at home. THANKS SO MUCH!

I haven't been on this board in a Looong time.
I've looked for this but may have overlooked it.
Anybody have the recipe for the Dragon Berry Colada yet?

I didn't get to try them and have a friend who is raving about them,
we both need the recipe.

I didn't think to try to get the recipes of the two things I fell in love with at the F&W festival this year. Does anyone have the recipes for the lamb with red wine sauce from Melbourne or the Crawfish Etouffee from this year? I didn't try it last year and the recipe from last year doesn't look like what was in it this year. Can anyone help or point me in the direction to get the recipes? I just LOVED both and would love to recreate them at home. THANKS SO MUCH!

Well, the recipe in this years book for the Crawfish Etouffee is pretty well the same as the one page 173 of this thread except for the following:
2 generous TBSP of tomato paste instead of 1
2 thin slices lemon insead of 2 lemons, thinly sliced
1 stick butter (no margerine)
1 TBSP freshly chopped garlic gets added in Step 4 (wasn't specified in ingrediant list)

The method had a few changes as well and I edited the recipe on page 173 to reflect this. The version in the 2009 cookbook seems far more accurate and carefully written.

Grilled Lamb Chops with Red Wine Sauce
Melbourne, Australia, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2009
Serves 4

Lamb Chops
3/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp lime zest
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1/4 cup finely chopped mint
1/2 tsp freshly chopped pepper
1/2 tsp salt
8 Australian lamb chops

Red Wine Sauce
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup thinly sliced onion
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
Coarse S and P to taste
3 cups Shiraz wine

1. Combine olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, mint, salt and pepper in a shallow dish large enough to place the lamb chops in one layer. Coat both sides of the chops in the marinade and leave for two hours at room temperature or up to 24 hours refrigerated.
2. For the sauce, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Stir in wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for at least one hour, or until mixture thickens and reduces to approximately 1 cup. The glacier be the consistency of syrup.
4. Grill the chops for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
5. To serve, allow 2 chops per person, drizzled with wine sauce.
Note: if you prefer, you can strain the glaze before serving. The flourish of Australia's delicate, peach colored Murray River salt brings out the flavors. Pair with Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz-Cabernet.

Wow! You've been busy lately. :teeth: I was missing for a couple days while my monitor was broken & I'm behind on the index again. LOL

<snip>
The Boma sour apple drink I had was non alcoholic. It tasted almost like the sour Skittles, but with more sweetness.

Also, although I looked up and down and in every corner of the page, I can't find the apple vinaigrette from page 135. Well, I guess looking once more can't hurt. :)

I've added the sour apple drink to our request page for you. Have you tried contacting them directly? Boma is usually really good about getting back to you with recipes. Please share if/when you get it! ;)

And I'm sorry about the typo...the apple vinaigrette recipe is on page 136. It's weird...it was correct in the "by restaurant" listing, just not the "by course" listing. I usually type it once & copy from one to the other. Please feel free to let me know when you find errors like this & I'll do my best to find & correct it.

BOMA BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP This is one of our favs. I remember the soup as being sweet not savory. Different from verizon posted here. Almost like liquid pumpkin pie. My DS and I almost got sick we ate so much of this soup. The recipe I got from Boma is this:

BOMA BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP <snip>

There are actually a number of versions of this soup posted here. It looks like yours is almost the same as the one on page 175 marked as the 2009 version. The three versions of this Boma recipe can be found on these pages: 22, 136 & 175. Then there are versions served at Wolfgang Puck's (p 22), Animator's Palette DCL (p 133), F&W Festival '08 (p 149), Tony's Town Square (p 159) as well...in case you'd like to try other varieties.

And here are a few Swan & Dolphin recipes (from the monthly mailing) that don't seem to have made it here...

Grilled Pineapple and Chicken Salad
Swan & Dolphin
Serves: 4

2 Each 6-Oz. Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless)
1 Whole Pineapple
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Walnut Oil
1 Tbsp. Chopped Chervil
1/2 Cup Minced Red Onion
1/2 Cup Minced Celery
1/2 Cup Chopped Roasted Walnuts
1 Tsp. Finely Chopped Parsley
4 Cups Mixed Greens
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Preheat the grill. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and 1/2 tbsp. of oilve oil. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until done (150°F). Using a sharp knife, peel and split the pineapple in half. Remove the core from the fruit of the pineapple and cut into 1/2" slices.

Season the pineapple slices with salt, pepper and remaining olive oil. Place the pineapple slices on the grill and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and cool. Reserve 2 slices of the pineapple and dice the rest of the fruit. Dice the cooled chicken.

In a mixing bowl, add the two reserved slices of fruit. Using the back of a fork, mash the fruit against the side of the bowl. Add the walnut oil and whisk until emulsified. Stir in the chervil. Season with salt and pepper. In a separate mixing bowl, toss the diced chicken, diced pineapple, red onions, celery, and walnuts with the dressing. Cover the salad and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Remove salad from the refrigerator. On a presentation plate, place some mixed greens in the center. Spoon the salad on top of mixed greens. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve.

= = = = = = = = = = =
Chianti Risotto with Radicchio
Swan & Dolphin
Serves: 4 - 6

1 Cup Arborio Rice
1/4 Cup Red Onion (small dice)
2 Tbsp. Pure Olive Oil
1 Cup Chianti
3 Cups Chicken Stock
1 Head Radicchio Lettuce
1/2 Cup Fresh Green Peas
1 Tbsp. Whole Butter
1/4 Cup Grated Locatelli Cheese
Sea Salt (To Taste)
White Pepper (To Taste)

Cut the head of radicchio in half, core, and julienne very finely. Heat one cup of the chicken stock in a small sauce pot. Add the radicchio, bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and braise for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and reserve the braised radicchio. Heat oil in a small sauce pot. Add onion. Cook until lightly browned and tender. Add the rice. Constantly stir while allowing rice to lightly toast. Add Chianti and bring to a simmer while constantly stirring. Allow the rice to absorb the wine. Add one cup of stock. Add the raw peas and bring to a simmer while constantly stirring. Allow rice to absorb the stock. Add the second cup of stock, along with the butter. Simmer, stir, and allow stock to be absorbed. Fold in the radicchio lettuce. Add finely grated Locatelli cheese. Adjust seasoning with sea salt and white pepper.

Place in center of plate and serve.

= = = = = = = = = = =
Whole Wheat Greek Pizza
Swan & Dolphin

2 Tbsp. Olive Oil (plus more for baking sheet)
1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
1 Clove Garlic (coarsely chopped)
1 Lb. Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough (thawed, if frozen)
1 Cup (4 Ozs.) Parmesan Cheese (grated)
2 Tbsp. Pine Nuts
2 Cups Baby Arugula
1 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 Cup Pitted Kalamata Olives (coarsely chopped)
Coarse Salt (to taste)
Freshly Ground Pepper (to taste)
Whole-wheat flour (for work surface)

Turn a large baking sheet upside down and rub with olive oil. Place tomatoes, garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse 3 to 4 times until ingredients are incorporated, but chunky.

On a lightly floured work surface, use a rolling pin and your hands to roll and stretch dough until large enough to cover the surface of the baking sheet. (If dough becomes too elastic, let it rest a few minutes.)

Preheat oven to 450°. Spread tomato sauce evenly over dough, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Top with cheese and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until crust is golden (approximately 15 to 20 minutes). Toss arugula with vinegar and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.

Place pizza on a serving platter. Sprinkle arugula and olives over pizza. Cut into 4 pieces. Serve.

= = = = = = = = = = =
Grilled Chicken Breast
Swan & Dolphin
Serves: 1

1 Each 6 Oz. Chicken Breast
1/2 Oz. Pea Shoot
1/4 Oz. Julienne Carrots
1/4 Oz. Julienne Yellow Peppers
1/4 Oz. Julienne Red Peppers
1 Each Sourdough Crostini (grilled)
4 Oz. Heirloom Tomato (diced)
1 Oz. White Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/4 Oz. Lemon Olive Oil
1/4 Oz. Basil (chiffonade)
1/4 Oz. Parmesan (shredded)
Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Mark the chicken on the grill and cook at 350° until the chicken hits an internal temperature of 165°. Mix pea shoots, carrots and peppers. Toss with lemon oil and season to taste. Toss tomatoes with vinaigrette and basil.

Place the grilled chicken breast in the center of a serving plate. Place grilled crostini on one corner of the plate. Place tossed tomatoes on top of crostini and garnish with parmesan. Place tossed vegetables on the other corner of the plate. Serve.

Index completed through this post.

thanks SOOOOOOO MUCH for the lamb and crawfish recipes! My hubby will be so happy and me too. I can't wait to recreate these so we can remember our mommy/daddy ONLY trip!

Just got this in the email

Crisp Escarole Salad with Garlicky Anchovy Dressing

Ingredients:
2 3/4" Thick Slices of Sourdough Bread, Cut into 3/4" Dices (3 cups)
1 Large Head of Escarole, Light Green and White Leaves Only (cut crosswise into strips)
6 Radishes (thinly sliced)
4 Celery Ribs with Leaves (thinly sliced)
1 Cup Grape Tomatoes (halved)
1/2 Seedless Cucumber (halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise)
1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 Oil-Packed Anchovy Fillets (drained and coarsely chopped)
6 Large Garlic Cloves (minced)
2 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
Freshly Ground Pepper
Kosher Salt

Method of Preparation:
Preheat the oven to 350°. On a baking sheet, toast the bread for 15 minutes, tossing once, until lightly golden. Let cool. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the escarole strips with the radishes, celery, tomatoes, and cucumber.

In a small saucepan, combine the olive oil, chopped anchovies and minced garlic. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is lightly golden (about 7 minutes). Add the croutons to the salad and toss. Pour the dressing over the salad, season lightly with salt and toss again.

Presentation:
Serve immediately.

Wow!

There are actually a number of versions of this soup posted here. It looks like yours is almost the same as the one on page 175 marked as the 2009 version. The three versions of this Boma recipe can be found on these pages: 22, 136 & 175. Then there are versions served at Wolfgang Puck's (p 22), Animator's Palette DCL (p 133), F&W Festival '08 (p 149), Tony's Town Square (p 159) as well...in case you'd like to try other varieties.

Thanks PM. I wasn't being criticial. I looked in the index and didn't see the verizon I got from Boma so I wanted to share it. I only looked at I think page 22??

Oh dear TwingleMum...I didn't think you were being critical at all!! I'm glad you posted your version! I only compared it to the others posted because I try to keep track of the different versions. And although similar, yours does have some differences & people often comment on things seeming "not quite right" in the recipes as posted. That's why there's an index for the tips & tweaks. ;)

And just to be on the safe side...I wasn't being critical of post either. I'm always glad when someone takes the time to come post a recipe! :teeth: I was doing one of those "rambling" things & sharing TMI...not hinting that you should have checked further. LOL I've just spent way too much time in this thread & know it all too well. :rotfl:

Oh dear TwingleMum...I didn't think you were being critical at all!! I'm glad you posted your version! I only compared it to the others posted because I try to keep track of the different versions. And although similar, yours does have some differences & people often comment on things seeming "not quite right" in the recipes as posted. That's why there's an index for the tips & tweaks. ;)

And just to be on the safe side...I wasn't being critical of post either. I'm always glad when someone takes the time to come post a recipe! :teeth: I was doing one of those "rambling" things & sharing TMI...not hinting that you should have checked further. LOL I've just spent way too much time in this thread & know it all too well. :rotfl:

Oh I'm glad. You and Tatiania put soo much work in this thread and its so nice for the rest of us to use I wouldn't want to seem ungrateful. :flower3:

Does anyone have a recipe for the CRT's chocolate buckle. I love that stuff, but can;t find anything remotely close to it so far when I search for a recipe.

Wondering how I could find Chef Alphonso's (Artist Point) recipe for his Marinated Muscovy Duck Breast Pan Seared w/ Pumpkin Risotto and Reisling roasted Garlic Sauce,he served at the Oct 17th PFTS???? It was wonderful....

EpcotFestival_GazpachoDemo.jpg

Grilled Pineapple Vanilla Gazpacho
Culinary Demo, Epcot F& W Festival 2009 by James Kleinschmidt, Disney's Contemporary Resort
Servings: 4

1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup *vanilla infused pineapple juice
1/4 cup Spanish onion, chopped
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon habanero pepper, seeded and chopped (or Tabasco sauce)
1/8 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 (1 1/2 - pound) pineapple, cored and peeled, cut into chunks, grilled and chilled
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and quartered
1/4 cup red pepper, diced
1/4 cup pineapple, diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Place first 10 ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until minced. Pour into a bowl, cover and chill. Overnight is good.
Spoon 8 ounces of soup into bowls. Combine remaining diced ingredients; put 3 tablespoons into each cup.

* Take 1 fresh vanilla bean and cut down the center and place in 1/4 cup pineapple juice the day before.

Note: pineapple was grilled on an indoor grill - don't overdo it. Dish was served with yucca/plantain fries on the side.

Orecchiette with Tomatoes, Basil and Cacioricotta Cheese
The Puglia Kitchen, Italy, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2009Servings: 4

3 1/2 cups red San Marzano or cherry tomatoes
2 ounces sliced white onions
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 bunch of basil
2 1/2 tablespoons of Puglia EVOO
1 1/4 cup orecchiette (recipe follows or use commercial kind)
3/4 cup of cacioricotta, typical Apulian cheese

Cut the tomatoes into quarters and put into a saucepan, add the sliced onions, the crushed garlic clove, 1/2 of basil, the extra virgin olive oil and cook on a moderate heat for about 30 minutes. Pass the sauce through a vegetable sieve and keep it hot. Serve with cacioricotta cheese and basil with the orecchiette.

EpcotFestival_Puglia.jpg

EpcotFestival_Puglia2.jpg

Orecchiette
3 cups Semolina flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water, lukewarm

Combine flour and salt on a work surface, making a mound with a well in the center. Add water, a few tablespoons at a time, working it into the flour until absorbed. Stop before it becomes too stiff and dry. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic; approximately 20 minutes. Break off a piece about the size of a lemon and cover the rest of the dough.
Roll the dough on your work surface into long pencils and cut into small cubes, not larger than your thumbnail. Roll each small piece of dough onto a butter knife and push it in. Once it's rolled onto the knife roll it the opposite way (like you are opening it) with your thumb. This should give you something that looks like a empty half sphere. The edges should be thicker than the middle.
Place finished orecchiette on a cookie sheet lightly floured with semolina. Allow to dry for about an hour before cooking. This pasta can be dried and stored for a long time as it does not contain egg products. In order to store, it will need to be completely air dried.
To prepare the pasta, place orecchiette in rapidly salted boiling water and cook until al dente.

Panzerottini with Mozzarella Cheese and Tomato
The Puglia Kitchen, Italy, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2009

Panzerottini
1 pound of flour
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tablespoon Puglia EVOO
1/4 cup milk
2 pinches of caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 tablespoon beer yeast
1 cup slightly warm water

Filling
7 3/4 ounces mozzarella cheese, drained and minced
¾ cup red tomatoes, San Marzano type, drained and minced
2 pinches dried oregano
salt and ground white pepper, to taste
1 beaten egg, to seal the panzerottini
4 cups Puglia EVOO, for frying

1. On a breadboard make a well with the flour, add the softened butter, oil, milk, sugar, and salt.
2. Dissolve the yeast in warm water and gradually worked in all the ingredients, kneading the dough for about 5 minutes until it is smooth.
3. Place dough in a bowl and cover with a kitchen towel, set aside in a warm place for about one half an hour.
4. While the dough is rising, make the filling by mincing the mozzarella cheese and the tomatoes and drain them in a colander.
5. When well drained, put into a bowl and add grated Parmesan cheese, oregano, and if needed some salt and pepper.
6. When the dough has risen, divide into 40, walnut-sized balls. Set aside again on a lightly floured board for about 40 minutes, covering with a damp cloth.
7. On a lightly floured board, roll out each ball to a thin 4 inch circle.
8. Put a tablespoon of the mozzarella mixture onto one side of the circle, brush the edges with a beaten egg and fold over; seal well with your fingers or a fork, deep fry in oil at a temperature of 340°F.

Coffee Cookies
The Puglia Kitchen, Italy, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2009

1 pound plain or all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups castor sugar
1 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
4 egg yolks (save whites for basting)
1/2 cup of liquid Italian espresso coffee
1/2 tablespoon of instant coffee powder

Preheat oven to 360°F. In a bowl beat the flour, sugar, extra virgin olive oil and yolks, add coffee and coffee powder, mix with spoon and knead with hands. Leave to set in the fridge for 2 hours.
Then roll dough with a rolling pin into 1 - 2 inch balls or roll strips of dough and cut into the shape you like. Brush shapes with egg whites and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 15 to 20 minutes.

Attended a cooking demo on 10/22/2009. Here's the recipe. The gremolata was delicious and could be served on a wide variety of dishes. This dish was served with a white merlot

Michael Luboff Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, CT

Cedar Roasted Striped Bass
served with Mohegan Succotash and Citrus Gremolata

Serving" 4 -6
Cedar Roasted Striped Bass:
1 cedar board (18-20 inches long, by 8 inches wide, 1/2 inch thick)
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 lemons cut into thin slices
1 bunch fresh rosemary
1 small bunch fresh thyme
1 each four pound fillet of striped bass, skin on salt and pepper, to taste
lemon zest, to taste.
Method:
1. Soak board in water for two hours.
2. Baste board with 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Layout a wheel of lemon slices to cover the area on the board.
4. Place rosemary and thyme over the lemons and place striped bass over the herbs, skin side down. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Roast striped bass on a grill for 20 minutes, or until the fish starts to flake.
6. Drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with lemon zest.
7. Serve with Mohegan Succotash. (recipe below)

Mohegan Succotash:
1 pound salt pork
1 pound pink speckled shell beans, soaked overnight
1 dozen ears of corn, native yellow or butter & sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup flat parsley, chopped

Method:
1. Boil salt pork in 1/2 gallon of water until almost tender, remove pork, add beans and continue to cook beans until tender, hold aside.
2.At the same time boil com in a separate pot with enough water to almost cover corncobs.
3. When corn is done, remove from water, save the water. Cut corn off corncobs and split evenly between 2 bowls.
4.Place corncobs back in water and boil for 10 minutes.
5.Scrape corncobs with back of knife into ½ of the cut corn and process in a blender or use a submersible hand held bender until smooth, adding some of the liquid.
6. Dice salt pork and sear in a pot over medium-high heat, add processed corn, cut corn, beans, parsley and corn liquid. Simmer until thickened, stir often so it doesn't burn to the bottom of the pot. Salt and pepper as needed.

Citrus Gremolata:
Zest of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 lime
¼ cup parmesan Reggiano, grated
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Method:
1.Mix all ingredients together and hold in refrigerator.

© DISNEY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter