The Official Cake Thread - Photo Gallery & Cake Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here is the cake we got for me for my birthday last December. I bascially told DH what I wanted and he called the GF Bakery. We didn't ask for Cindy but we did want the slipper on top. I wanted a mini 6" tier cake with the white chocolate castle on top but at the time they said they couldn't do a small castle on top of a 6" cake I'd have to get the larger white chocoalte castle for the 10" cake and that would be $200.00 :scared: and my dh said um no! So he said to put the pastel sprinkles on it and the slipper and this is what we got. A very beautiful looking cake./ I felt like a princess. :wizard:

Date: December 2008
Where: Cinderella's Royal Feast dinner 1900 Park Fare
What: vanilla cake with vanilla "buttercream" (again, really more like shortening and a dash of sugar)
Cost: $100.00-$125.00, somewhere in that range, can't recall :eek:

The truffle balls in the slipper were devine, the slipper was probably very good but it melted in the car on the way home! :sad2: The flowers were sugar and were exqusite, a work of art. (not the best pics but I had to use my parents camera, the batteries died in mine!)

3173687916_f1ee1a31cc_b.jpg

3173689196_738f885bab_b.jpg

3172855665_8c76502a53_b.jpg

Sorry the pics aren't that good. The cake however was awesome. It tasted great. I love custard and strawberries! This as at Citricos. The cake was $80.00.

IMG]http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy141/mariofish/WDW2009009-1.jpg[/IMG]
WDW2009011.jpg

WDW2009012.jpg

WDW2009013.jpg

WDW2009010-1.jpg

WDW2009007.jpg

Hello fellow cake lovers!!

We returned from my daughter's 13th birthday trip on Friday and I thought I would share our experience with the GF Bakery and Pat with all of you. I had made a reservation to have breakfast at 1900 Park Fare on the 19th, so I got in touch with Pat about 10 days before we were to eat there and placed an order with her. She was very nice and helpful regarding what was available. She and the other lady I spoke to at the bakery mentioned the 6 in. cakes you could get but once I said I wanted a custom cake the others were not mentioned again.

I ordered an 8 in. vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling. I requested hot pink fondant with a zebra design around the sides and a "tween" kind of fashion theme. I asked if she could do princess dresses kind of on a hanger and she suggested we go with a non character themed fashion cake. So, here it is:

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

We were very happy with the cake! We thought it was beautiful and felt that the $77 we paid for it was a fair price. The servers brought it out at the end of our meal and had everyone sing to our daughter. We didn't cut it at the restaurant and asked for a box to carry it in. The box they had wouldn't close with the topper on the cake so instead of taking it off we just carried it with the lid sort of laid over the top and not closed. We took it back to our room at the Polynesian by way of the boat.

We cut the cake later that evening and it was very tasty. We had a birthday cake from Boardwalk Bakery a few years ago with the white chocolate mousse and loved it. This cake wasn't as delicious but it was very good.

So that was our experience with a custom cake from GF Bakery. We were pleased an would order from them again.

Just back, thought I'd share!

Ordered a cake for my twins' birthday at 1900 Park Fare.
Wanted 8", fondant and buttercream and Lilo & Stitch theme.
Was anxious to see what they'd do!

We were THRILLED with the cake! It was fantastic! Kids went nuts when it was brought out!
I took a picture when our server was holding it - only way, as my autistic son kept saying cake, cake, cake and reaching out for it!

8", $77, fondant with buttercream filling.
Very yummy, though we would have enjoyed more of it if weren't soooo stuffed from eating dinner (we LOVE Park Fare!)

231.jpg

The palm trees were a huge hit with us - well, the whole cake was, but really those palm trees wowed us the most, along with Lilo & Stitch up top!

Finally getting to it....
Our cake, I had ordered a small 6 inch cake from Jiko at AK Lodge for delivery to our room in Kidani Village on our arrival date of 11/8/09. It was only 4 adults. Cake was adorable, just what I asked for and very very good. $80.00, white cake, chocolate buttercream filling with vanilla buttercream under the fondant.
Isn't it adorable?!

ry%3D400

I finally got around to uploading pics of our cake from Chef Mickey:

Nov 29th at Chef Mickey
6" yellow cake with whit choc. ganache and choc mousse filling
$51
DSCF0050.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

Ok... here it is. Our Christmas cake from 1900 Park Fare this past Tuesday.
It was an 8" white cake with chocolate buttercream and red fondant with Christmas decorations. It was $80.00 plus tax and gratuity. So.. it was about $100 after it was all over. It was a good cake and was BEAUTIFUL!!! We did not want to cut into it! We took it back to our resort and ate it the next day. I would be happy to answer any questions.

Disney09094.jpg

Disney09095.jpg

Disney09095.jpg

This was a hidden gingerbread man under the flowers... so cute
Disney09097.jpg

Disney09098.jpg

Disney09099.jpg

Disney09115.jpg

Here is the "haunted masion" theamed cake for My husbands Birthday ( my sons too)...It was ordered from WL bakery, and was 59.00

10 Inch, 2 layer, white cake with Buttercream icing (tasted more like whipcream)..anyway they did refund the cost because it was not was I was hoping for, and it was not fresh.
weekpriortoWDWANDWDW2009393.jpg

weekpriortoWDWANDWDW2009394.jpg

Wanted to share the cake we got for DH's birthday.. we stayed at CR and had this delivered to our table during dinner at Chef Mickey's on 11/28:

4170762698_81be8732c3.jpg

It was a 10" marble cake.. very yummy! And exactly what I ordered!!

A few more pics....

4172347746_b94e73d95f.jpg

4172346064_97f078541d.jpg

AN extra special shout out to our server that night... she helped keep the cake a surprise until the very end when she brought it out and put it in front of DH.

The cake and monorail were tasty! This was chocolate lover's heaven, lol!

Mary :santa:

As I posted b4 we were very happy with our cake from the CR and it was what I had hoped for and what I ordered. I asked for 10" with buttercream frosting and white chocolate filling. I wanted it to look wedding with red and pink flowers. We were so pleased!! It even tasted better than expected. My sister inlaw does cakes professionally and hers are soooo good. This wasn't as tasty as hers, but good nonetheless. The cake was huge and ate it for days. We had it delivered to the room as a surprise for my parents. It cost $75 + delivery and gratuity. Here it is. I hope this works. It is my first time posting pics. One of the pictures is of our tree swap and the other is the flowers we ordered to be delivered. They were beautiful!

IMG_1426.JPG

IMG_1427.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

Here are the pics of the cake. I forgot to mention that I had also ordered the white choc. banner but this banner was not choc. It did not even taste edible (seemed like playdoh). The flowers were not edible either or atleast they didn't taste like it. I also asked for a marble fondant and you can see from the photo that it really isn't marbled. Not a very good experience :sad2:

100_5030.JPG

100_5028.JPG

100_5034.JPG

100_5041.JPG

Never again!!!!

After seeing the incredible Jack Skellington and Jungle themed cakes done at AK I ordered myself a Lion King themed cake from AKL to be delivered to AKV Kidani on the night of our arrival. I didn't give them much direction other than "Lion King themed" and I was told that they could do some three dimensional lions and that it would be around $80, plus tax & gratuity. What I got looked like someone learning to decorate cakes at some discount grocery store. Actually I've had better looking cakes from grocery stores and to say that I was slightly bummed about it would be an understatement.

The cake itself had such tiny amounts of mousse inside that the cake had practically no flavor. What I thought would be tasty icing had no flavor and even with four adults and three children eating on a 6" cake I ended up throwing at least a third of the cake away. The three dimensional lions ended up being very poorly cut-outs of Simba and Nala standing up and the jungle part was poorly piped green icing on the sides of the cake. Huge letdown. Even after talking with the manager and them taking off the $30 for the decorations (if you can call the lions that) I was still ticked and will never be ordering any sort of cake from anywhere on Disney property again. Maybe if they would have taken an extra five minutes to at least make the cutouts look decent and not like my 8 yr. old had done them I would have possibly been pleased. But I guess after seeing the two aforementioned cakes from AKL I had my hopes set way too high.

It is sad when the towel cake that they delivered the next day looked more professional than the cake that I paid good money for. Such a disappointment.

063.jpg

I'm just now getting around to posting these pictures of our cake from 11/29 at CM. I felt very confident when ordering the cake that it was going to be amazing! I had asked for a winter/Christmas themed vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. It was going to be $65 and then when the woman I spoke with said that Brian could do a white chocolate Cinderella and Prince Charming on top for another $35. I was expecting a hollow white chocolate figurine similar to the one we've seen of the castle or slipper on here, not so ;)

I had it delivered to CM because it was our first official night and had read great things about Brians designs. When we checked in I mentioned the cake and they said it was ready and gorgeous! I mentioned again that it was a surprise for my husband. Said something to the hostess that sat us and again mentioned my husband had no idea. When the waitress came over, as she was picking up our ticket she said directly to my husband, "Who gets the cake?" :eek: Luckily it's so loud in there and when he looked at me I said to him, she said cards not cake. OMG I was so upset :( I had planned this for so long and was so excited about it and in one second it had been dashed. We got through the meal without him mentioning anything else and we got to the end of the meal and I was waiting and waiting and finally said something to her and she said she was waiting until Celebration time! I told her that was ok if she could just bring it out because we were done. 10 minutes later while my husband was up at the dessert bar she brings it out :sad2: So when he came back there it was! He of course acted as surprised as he could but I was really bummed that the surprise surprise was ruined.

Ok onto the cake! It really wasn't very good tasting :( And it was vanilla buttercream filling instead of chocolate. And it wasn't the topper I was expecting. I'm also pretty sure that it had been frozen as well. We didn't finish it. I don't know that I'd do it again, especially for $100. Here's the pics!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I am finally getting around to posting my picture from CR room delivery on 12/3. I had tried to order a cake from GF for 1900 Park Fare, but when questioning Pat about the problems that were being reported, she told me not to order. (Just a catch up for those who hadn't read my previous posts.) Anyway, I ordered a cake to be delivered to my room at the CR and was assured that it would be done by the cakemanbri. I was quoted $66 for the cake. I haven't seen the bill yet because my DH signed for the delivery. The flavor was good, not spectacular, but good. I was told that the Cinderella was edible chocolate, but after licking my finger after getting the coloring on it, I decided that the "taste" was not edible.
DSCN7783.jpg

DSCN7786.jpg

I got what I requested, but would I do it again, probably not.

Here are pictures from our cake on Dec 10th. I had called YC private dining to have it sent to our room after 6:30pm and it was there after 6:30pm.

I wanted a 6inch cake with xmas colors (thinking xmas frosting colors) and got this for $30 plus tax and delivery charges. It was not charged to my room and I havent gotten my credit card statement to see if it was charged to my card that was on file for the cake.

006-1.jpg

It ended up being a nice little cake and was gone in a day with about 6 pieces total. Next time I will get the 8 inch cake esp, if we are not on a DDP.

It was fresh tasting and I'm glad I went with Van/Van

046.jpg

045.jpg

for $30+ it seemed pretty expensive but you are paying for the experience!!!

Here's my Birthday Cake from Grand Floridian Cafe. I ordered the cake from Pat, and told her I wanted a Cinderalla Slipper and Poinsettias, with lots of buttercream! All the sugar figurines were a complete surprise!! They were so cute! It was so hard for us to cut into it, every time you looked at it you saw something new! There was so much detail - even the slipper had a Hidden Mickey!! :cloud9:

Everyone made such a fuss over it, I even had another diner ask to take a picture, which of course I agreed to! :goodvibes

The total cost was $77, and even my DH agreed it was worth every penny!

DisneyWorld2009secondround003.jpg

DisneyWorld2009secondround006.jpg

DisneyWorld2009secondround014.jpg

DisneyWorld2009secondround015.jpg

DisneyWorld2009secondround021.jpg

DisneyWorld2009secondround027.jpg

I was at WDW 3 weeks ago and on our last day we got one of the ready-available cakes at Chef Mickey's. It was $22.00 I believe (either 21 or 22).

We were there Dec 3 for a late breakfast. I purchased a small Tinkerbell snowglobe and a Stitch pin for my daughter and asked the server to add it to the cake in order to personalize it. They brought out the cake after we were done eating and my sweet girl was SO surprised (she's 8). They put a Minnie Mouse picture on the cake and placed it on one of the Mickey head plates and put the snowglobe and the pin I purchased on the ears of the plate and sprinkled colorful sprinkles on it. About 30 seconds after they brought it out, Mickey Mouse was due at our table and played a conductor & had us and the tables near us sing Happy Birthday. :goodvibes

The cake actually tasted good compared to the other 100.00 cakes I've gotten in previous visits from the Grand Floridian bakery. The buttercream was sweet. The cake wasn't that fresh homemade taste but none of the cakes at WDW are.

I thought it was cute, it served its purpose, it wasn't huge, just enough for 2 kids and 2 adults with plenty left over but not a ridiculous amount, and it was a good price!! And my 8 year old loved it. And she is a cake snob! LOL

4201817161_f07db109e7.jpg

I just wanted to share a picture of the cake we recently had at Disney to celebrate our honeymoon. I ordered it through Pat at the GF and had it delivered to our room at the GF.

The cost was $51. It was a 6 inch chocolate cake with buttercream icing. DH thought the icing was too buttery, but I thought it tasted fine. And, while the stick with the heart tasted chalky, the white chocolate with the screen print was good! Hopefully, these photos will work...

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

Sorry if they're too big! I'm not sure how to resize them.

Finally getting around to posting pictures of two cakes from our big May graduation trip. I took three of my high school theatre students for a huge celebration the day after they graduated from high school. We had a blast! There are pictures of two cakes here....

The first is a cake that was waiting for us (along with tuxedo strawberries and a white chocolate Mickey) upon our arrival in our room at the Boardwalk. This was a TOTAL surprise. The card said, "Happy Graduation from the staff of Disney's Boardwalk Inn." We were staying on the concierge floor and the staff knew we were celebrating three high school graduations, but I didn't set up the cake or other treats. I have no idea about the cost because I didn't order or pay for it. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate filling and icing. It was delicious! Very rich and moist and yummy! The kids were THRILLED and this was the perfect way to start our trip!

4130636269_0bd5f57f94.jpg

4130638961_3d17ba36b4.jpg

The second was a cake I had arranged for us to have on our Wishes cruise...but the cruise was rained out so they ended up giving us the cake to take back with us. (You can see the writing is a little smudged from a few stray rain drops.) It was sooooo gorgeous and cute. The pictures don't do it justice. I had arranged it with Grand Floridian private dining (Pat) and it turned out just like I requested. It was a white cake with vanilla custard and strawberries in the filling. Like the other, it was REALLY good. I know some people have said their cakes looked good but didn't taste good, but both of ours were YUMMY! The kids were really thrilled with this cake, especially with their names on the diplomas! Cost for this one was $120.

4131450568_c57034ba68.jpg

4131451154_8021e3c0ff.jpg

4131452734_f521d02569.jpg

Birthday Cake
Narcoossee's @ Grand Floridian
Sept. 19, 2009

6" Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Ganache
Celebration Theme
$51

DisneyCake.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter