*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

So I was looking at the weather and its says 50% rain each day - is this just the afternoon showers that are typical this time of year?
I saw that too. I think it’s typical weather for this time of year. On a side note my kids were all laughing about how easy the weather person’s job is in Orlando: 91, partly cloudy and 50% chance of rain every single day.😂

I think you just wrote a love letter to my husband!! I will look into this for sure. I didnt know those items were available at Tambu and since we dont have a Ohana dinner planned, he will be thrilled to get his favorites there.

None of these items are officially on the menu anymore at the Tambu since their renovation last fall, so they could say no. And you need to order them after 4pm, once Ohana dinner service is in full swing. Still no guarantee. But we’ve had good luck ordering them as recently as January. Again with my luck. Lol.

That is funny. I didn't like the mansions section of Riverside, but the Alligator Bayou section, to me, feels much smaller. I absolutely love the dense vegetation, and the small quiet pools between the buildings.

We stayed in a royal room and while I loved the room itself and the proximity to the main building, I wasn’t feeling the mansions section at all.

I agree, the AB section is the way to go. But it’s like a maze to me. I’m always afraid I’m going to get lost in the dark. Lol.

So I was looking at the weather and its says 50% rain each day - is this just the afternoon showers that are typical this time of year?
Yeah, it’s typical. I don’t pay attention to if it’s going to rain in August, just when.
And more then likely it’s in the afternoon. Though I feel like last year was less rainy then previous years.

BAMA MOM

Your mousekeeping tip pockets...did you make one per day? I'm wondering if I should make 14 of them, or if they will likely take the tip and leave the envelope.

Thanks!

I made 4 minnies and 5 mickeys so I sctually made a couple extras. I plan to date them do hopefully they will take the while thing, pocket and all. But I may just take my gel pen with me and not date them until day of so I can see if they actually take the pockets if they are dated. Then if they don't I wont date them from there on out.

Port Orleans is my absolute favorite moderate, though I must admit that I enjoy Riverside a bit more than French Quarter.

I haven't stayed at french quarter but have riverside and we liked it as well. Hubby and I almost stayed at FQ this trip but hubby said go ahead and book WL since he knew it was one of my top resort picks (the other is Grand Floridian and we can't afford that yet :faint: ).

Port Orleans is my absolute favorite moderate, though I must admit that I enjoy Riverside a bit more than French Quarter.

We LOVE Riverside! Our first stay was for our honeymoon the year it opened as Dixie Landings in 1992. We keep going back, even though the kids are all grown and it's harder to fit on the Murphy bed, they don't want to try anywhere else. We prefer AB as well, even if it wasn't necessary as a family of 5, we would still choose it over the mansions. We're back in 4 weeks!!

This is just normal weather for Florida in the summer. The only time you really have to worry about all day rain is if there is a tropical storm or hurricane coming through, and that will be all over the news / weather. Typically, expect that most days it will rain for a least 15 to 20 minutes, and perhaps as much as an hour or two at some point in the afternoon / evening. Generally those storms are on the shorter side, an hour or less, and it dries up pretty much instantly when they are over.

We stayed in a royal room and while I loved the room itself and the proximity to the main building, I wasn’t feeling the mansions section at all.

I agree, the AB section is the way to go. But it’s like a maze to me. I’m always afraid I’m going to get lost in the dark. Lol.

Yup, the only downside, at least in my opinion, to AB, it is a bit like a maze. Indeed, I have wandered around a bit on more than one occasion, trying to figure out where the heck my building wandered off to while I was out lol.

We LOVE Riverside! Our first stay was for our honeymoon the year it opened as Dixie Landings in 1992. We keep going back, even though the kids are all grown and it's harder to fit on the Murphy bed, they don't want to try anywhere else. We prefer AB as well, even if it wasn't necessary as a family of 5, we would still choose it over the mansions. We're back in 4 weeks!!

We stayed at Riverside until my son got too big for the Murphy bed. At that point, considering the big price difference from there to either a deluxe, or a family suite, we started staying offsite where we could get a much bigger place to stay for significantly less money. As much as I enjoy staying on property, the houses that are available to rent offsite are beautiful, and quite affordable.

Can anyone tell me more about the reservation finder I've heard mentioned? I'm trying to reschedule a Shipwreck breakfast and having no luck with the glitchy Disney website. Thanks!

We’ve stayed at Riverside once, and while we enjoyed our stay, it was just too big for us. But whenever we visit, I’m always tempted to book it again. I think if I booked a preferred room next time, I’d love it.
We stayed in a preferred room at Riverside and the location was great to get to the food court and the main pool. It was also very close to the South Depot which was the last stop before going into the parks and dropping off at night. I think I preferred the West Depot, which we had on our first trip because it was the first bus stop in the morning and the bus was usually empty when it arrived. It was also the first stop in the return to the resort. So it was a trade off which one was better. :)

Can anyone tell me more about the reservation finder I've heard mentioned? I'm trying to reschedule a Shipwreck breakfast and having no luck with the glitchy Disney website. Thanks!
Here is the website:
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

You can do this for free through Touring Plans, although they want you to get paid subscription. You have to create an account and then after you log in you hit the link to Add a new request. You can have two active searches at a time. When Touring Plans finds an ADR that matches your parameters it sends you an email. It also sends that email to everyone else that was looking for that ADR. Once it sends the mail it is done searching unless you go back to Touring Plans and start the search again. Many times the ADR is gone by the time you log into the Disney site. You just have to be vigilant and keep looking. :)

The weather shows that every single day of the year for FL. It never changes. Ive been fortunate to have great weather, practically no rain at all, on almost every trip (one year it rained 5 full days of the 8 days we were there :( And to boot, we were staying off site :( :( ) and the weather stated the same thing prior to each of our trips.

Touring Plans has a reservation finder on their website. I believe there is at least one more, not sure where, maybe someone else will chime in.

I can’t believe I didn’t post here yet please add us to the list!!
Pop Century August 18-September 4

You've been added to the Roll Call. Looks like a lovely trip. Hope you have an amazing time!

Here is the website:
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

You can do this for free through Touring Plans, although they want you to get paid subscription. You have to create an account and then after you log in you hit the link to Add a new request. You can have two active searches at a time. When Touring Plans finds an ADR that matches your parameters it sends you an email. It also sends that email to everyone else that was looking for that ADR. Once it sends the mail it is done searching unless you go back to Touring Plans and start the search again. Many times the ADR is gone by the time you log into the Disney site. You just have to be vigilant and keep looking. :)
You can also set it to text you which is how I snagged one pretty quick that it alerted me on

We have a trip Aug 5th to Aug 12, but are late joining the party as we decided to go a month ago. My daughter was working at Disney for the summer. We are going to visit her her last couple of day and stay a few days after she is done. We are doing a split stay at WL and POR. We managed to snag a BOG reservation and no trip to Disney would be complete without a meal at Via Napoli. We are attending VAH so we have a chance to ride some headliners. Debating about the AK event as well as one kid's idea of fun is riding EE over and over again and that would be a good opportunity. I have to admit I have an addiction to trying to get the upgraded Magic Bands but will probably give up shortly as it seems futile! Thanks to everyone that is posting so I know I am not the only one having difficulties. Guess I should get back to planning!

Finished school clothes shopping for the 2 teen grands and started packing anything we don't need for the next 3 weeks. Sad that the summer is going so fast, but very ready to be at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter