• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Just got back from my conference(I guess I'd better fly in a day early and out a day late and spend a little time at Disney)-trip and I'm so ready to go with my family! Heat was definitely brutal by about 10am but the evenings after the rain were quite manageable.

Our magic bands have arrived. The children were thrilled. I asked my son who usually doesn't know about our trips ahead of time, how he's doing and he said it was cool but he is tired of waiting. Welcome to our world son...welcome to our world. :lmao:

Considering the last two trips have been "we're leaving right now" type surprises for him, he's doing pretty well. Keeping busy is helping. He's been in some kind of camp almost every week for at least half a day.

Just posted in another thread titled "Where did you user name come from" (or something like that).

Mine was from my first trip to Disney. Wasnt I so cute ? !!! :) My mom is behind me, sister and favorite aunt (mothers sister, passed away in 1995ish) and Baloo's bodyguard!! My Dad was probably taking the picture.

Mother nature is prepping me for our trip this weekend....

View attachment 418778

I’m right there with ya! Building up the tolerance :)

Just posted in another thread titled "Where did you user name come from" (or something like that).

Mine was from my first trip to Disney. Wasnt I so cute ? !!! :) My mom is behind me, sister and favorite aunt (mothers sister, passed away in 1995ish) and Baloo's bodyguard!! My Dad was probably taking the picture.

View attachment 418789

Awesome pic! That Baloo costume :goodvibes

So I just changed my resort on a whim, cause I thought, why the heck not? :rotfl:
We switched from Pop to POFQ. :)
LOVE POFQ! We are doing PORS / Beach Club / Poly split - first time at the Poly for us. POFQ is definitely my favourite moderate. We do PORS for the bounceback offer but always walk over to visit our dear FQ. BTW I always meant to ask, was one of your icon pictures of the Big Apple in the Colborne area? Drive by there often but have never gone in.

Mother nature is prepping me for our trip this weekend....

View attachment 418778

Yes, we will surely be prepared for whatever hot, soupy weather we encounter in Florida. The thermometer hit 91 on Cape Cod today, with more of the same tomorrow. I usually have most of our coolest Florida outfits packed by now, but it's been so hot we're wearing them. I have managed to pack our park bags, ponchos, and all the travel size products, the rest will have to wait.

LOVE POFQ! We are doing PORS / Beach Club / Poly split - first time at the Poly for us. POFQ is definitely my favourite moderate. We do PORS for the bounceback offer but always walk over to visit our dear FQ. BTW I always meant to ask, was one of your icon pictures of the Big Apple in the Colborne area? Drive by there often but have never gone in.
:rotfl: Good memory about the Big Apple, cause that was a long time ago. Yes. We stop there every single time we drive by. It’s sooooo good.

It’s so weird about our switch today. We actually dropped our fd bb awhile ago for the annual pass discount at Pop, then when I realized today I could get a standard room at POFQ for less then $200, I asked my family if they wanted to make the switch, cause we love POFQ, and it was unanimous. I was just kind of kidding around with them, and then thought well, okay.

Hope you love the Poly, like I do!

:rotfl: Good memory about the Big Apple, cause that was a long time ago. Yes. We stop there every single time we drive by. It’s sooooo good.

It’s so weird about our switch today. We actually dropped our fd bb awhile ago for the annual pass discount at Pop, then when I realized today I could get a standard room at POFQ for less then $200, I asked my family if they wanted to make the switch, cause we love POFQ, and it was unanimous. I was just kind of kidding around with them, and then thought well, okay.

Hope you love the Poly, like I do!
I recall you being a big Poly fan ... we're only going for one night but have always wanted to try it and always want to keep a couple days at Beach Club.
Good deal on FQ!
We've never stopped at Big Apple but youngest DD starting at Queens in September so we'll be doing a lot of 401 east trips and may have to finally give it a try!

I recall you being a big Poly fan ... we're only going for one night but have always wanted to try it and always want to keep a couple days at Beach Club.
Good deal on FQ!
We've never stopped at Big Apple but youngest DD starting at Queens in September so we'll be doing a lot of 401 east trips and may have to finally give it a try!

You definitely need to stop. I love the apple loaf. I might be making my kids apply to Queens in a few years just as an excuse to stop at the big Apple. :D

I think you’re going to the first Halloween party from the Poly. Is that right?
It’s always nice to take the boat back to the Poly at the end of the night.

Living in Alabama we are usually well prepared for the Florida weather. We are used to the humidity but poor hubby is a sweater so his shirts will be soaked! Looks like we are having a bit cooler weather this week than what we have been having though.

View attachment 418789

Aw, what a cutie patootie you were.
Obviously my username came from living in Alabama and being a mom lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter