• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

In two days DW and I are outta here for 5 nights at AKV followed by 2 nights at BWV!

We're doing the Sunrise and Sunset Safaris as well as the Wildlife Discovery Excursion.

In two days DW and I are outta here for 5 nights at AKV followed by 2 nights at BWV!

We're doing the Sunrise and Sunset Safaris as well as the Wildlife Discovery Excursion.
I hope you have a Wonderful time. Please do post pictures and a review when you can.

Can't wait to hear about it as well! (I'm really hoping you will have some pics too!)

Oooh! Can't wait to hear about it...what kind of room do you have??? Especially about the safaris!!!

Have a magical trip!!!:wizard:

Pixie dust to you pixiedust:

Have a great time! :banana: :banana: Take lots of pics! We want details! :goodvibes

DW and I are in a studio for both parts of the trip. We requested savanna view, but we'll see what we get!

Well, there are dedicated savanna view studios, standard view studios (which are never savanna view - either pool or parking lot, I think), and value studios, which could be savanna, pool, or parking.

If you sprung the points for a savanna view studio, then no need to request. You've got a good shot at savanna view with a value studio, if you request it. Worked for our one attempt so far. IIRC, more than 50% of the value units are savanna view.

Here's a tip we learned from our safari guide on the Wanyama (Sunset) Safari: this event is less crowded during the week and often sold out on the weekends. We did ours on a Wednesday and there were only four of us plus one guide in the back of the truck. That was great because no matter where the animals were relative to the truck, we could all just move around in the truck to look at them and take photos. If the truck had been full then sometimes we would have had a front row view and other times we would have had to look over/between the folks on the other side of the truck to see the animals. We also got a lot of time to talk to our safari guides and ask them questions about caring for the animals at AKL.

We thoroughly enjoyed both the Sunrise and the Wanyama/Sunset Safaris. The Sunrise is less expensive and you see a wider variety of animals but the Wanyama Safari takes you so close to the animals (those same animals you've been watching for years from those balconies at AKL!) that it made it very personal and special. Now when I look at the animals at AKV, I feel like I know them a little bit.

I also learned that the cute and comical hornbills that we enjoyed watching on our first stay at AKL will soon be residing in AKV's new savanna! The hornbills were a problem for the staff because they would run under the trucks and even jump up on to the bumper of the food truck and hitch a ride. AKV's own savanna will be small compared to the others and the animal care staff will not be using trucks to service it so it will make a great home for those wonderful hornbills!

Well, there are dedicated savanna view studios, standard view studios (which are never savanna view - either pool or parking lot, I think), and value studios, which could be savanna, pool, or parking.

If you sprung the points for a savanna view studio, then no need to request. You've got a good shot at savanna view with a value studio, if you request it. Worked for our one attempt so far. IIRC, more than 50% of the value units are savanna view.

We are staying concierge level, so our chances of getting a savanna view are 60%.

Here's a tip we learned from our safari guide on the Wanyama (Sunset) Safari: this event is less crowded during the week and often sold out on the weekends. We did ours on a Wednesday and there were only four of us plus one guide in the back of the truck. That was great because no matter where the animals were relative to the truck, we could all just move around in the truck to look at them and take photos. If the truck had been full then sometimes we would have had a front row view and other times we would have had to look over/between the folks on the other side of the truck to see the animals. We also got a lot of time to talk to our safari guides and ask them questions about caring for the animals at AKL.

We thoroughly enjoyed both the Sunrise and the Wanyama/Sunset Safaris. The Sunrise is less expensive and you see a wider variety of animals but the Wanyama Safari takes you so close to the animals (those same animals you've been watching for years from those balconies at AKL!) that it made it very personal and special. Now when I look at the animals at AKV, I feel like I know them a little bit.

I also learned that the cute and comical hornbills that we enjoyed watching on our first stay at AKL will soon be residing in AKV's new savanna! The hornbills were a problem for the staff because they would run under the trucks and even jump up on to the bumper of the food truck and hitch a ride. AKV's own savanna will be small compared to the others and the animal care staff will not be using trucks to service it so it will make a great home for those wonderful hornbills!

We're doing the Sunset Safari this coming Monday and Sunrise Safari this coming Thursday.

That's very interesting. I didn't know that! Good info!

Would you happen to know if the 1BR's work the same way and what the ratio (read: ODDS! LOL) are if they work the same way?

Jeez... almost worth rolling the dice on. :cool1:

That's very interesting. I didn't know that! Good info!

Would you happen to know if the 1BR's work the same way and what the ratio (read: ODDS! LOL) are if they work the same way?

Jeez... almost worth rolling the dice on. :cool1:

This may help (FYI - this is Jambo House only, no Kidani Village stats yet)

JH.jpg

Thanks. that's VERY good information.

Let me make sure I understand. Let's say I want a 1 BR value. Are you saying

1) that if the 10 allocated are already booked that they will let me book one anyway ("value" 1 BR) and I just roll the dice on what kind of room I get?

2) that I must get my value booked in that 10 and when they're gone, they're gone, but I have a 40% chance of getting a savannah view at "value" points?

Just trying to get my arms around exactly what you're saying. I understand this is all apt to change when Kadani happens.

1) that if the 10 allocated are already booked that they will let me book one anyway ("value" 1 BR) and I just roll the dice on what kind of room I get?

2) that I must get my value booked in that 10 and when they're gone, they're gone, but I have a 40% chance of getting a savannah view at "value" points?

Just trying to get my arms around exactly what you're saying. I understand this is all apt to change when Kadani happens.
There are a total of 10 Value 2BR lockoffs. Some, but not necessarily all, of them will be "locked off" and rented as a Value 1BR and a Value studio. So there are somewhere between zero and ten Value 1BRs available. When they are booked, that's it. There won't be any Value rooms in Kidani so those 10 2BR lockoffs are the only source of a Value 1BR.

I'm no expert on the booking rules by any means, but my understanding has always been that your scenario #2 is the way it works. And the chance of getting a savanna view would be no higher than 40%, and maybe considerably less depending upon how and when they fill those units.

The answer is 2. When they are gone, they are gone. If you book a a value room, you will have a 40% chance of savanna, 40% of pool and a 20% chance of a parking lot view. All on the 5th floor of course.

I have a 1 br value booked for July with a Savanna request in. I booked it right at the 11 month window.

Only 6 more days until I arrive for my AKV conceirge level stay! I just can't wait. :banana: We have booked the sunrise safari for a week from Sunday. :dance3:

Villa Totals for Jambo House:

• Dedicated Studios: 46
    • 35 Savanna View
    • 3 Standard View (Pool)
    • 8 Value
      • 4 Savanna View
      • 4 Standard View (Pool)

• 2BR lockoffs: 82
    • 5 Concierge
      • 3 Savanna View
      • 2 Standard View (Pool)
    • 57 Savanna View
    • 10 Standard View
    • 10 Value
      • 4 Savanna View
      • 4 Standard View (Pool)
      • 2 Standard View (Parking Lot)

• GVs: 6 (all Savanna View)

81115JamboHouseUnits_Final.GIF

Jambo House, showing the locations of the four booking categories. All of the AKV rooms are located on the 5th and 6th floors.

Value: Lime Green
Standard View: Yellow
Concierge: Pink (6th floor)
Grand Villas: Orange
Savanna View: everything else

The white, blue and red dotted and dashed lines outlined the original construction phases.

81115AKV_ValStdClub_V21.JPG

Hi Everyone! :yay: Just joining the thread and I've already added my avatar! I didn't have one before--so thanks for the suggestion. We purchased DVC AKV in February this year and we bought 160 pts. Our first trip "home" is already booked for March 2009!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter