***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

We just booked a split stay in May - 6 nights OWK and 6 nights AKL Jambo DVC Studio with Savannah View with rented DVC points. Yay, finally! (After having to re-schedule from Dec 2020).

We're a young couple (likely to be married by then, so this will kinda be our honeymoon). Do you have any recommendations regarding what we should put in a request for best Savannah View / general location?
You’ll be on the 5th floor. Zebra trail is a popular request because being on the same side as the pool & the CS Mara is convenient. Some request overlooking the central savanna - Arusha savanna. Here’s a link to a map of the DVC villas in Jambo. Touring plans also has a free link to room views on their site which is fun to play around with.
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.phpAnd here’s the more generic Jambo map
https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm

Last edited:
Request through Member Services a room along Zebra Trail with Arusha savanna view. If you get that you will have good view of many animals and your balcony doors and balcony will face west, thus having a shady balcony until well into the afternoon, watching pleasant sunsets, and avoid blinding sun coming into the room in the morning,

Last edited:
Has anyone who has stayed at AKV recently noticed if the televisions have been updated to chromcast enabled sets? I'd like to leave the roku at home for the kids, and would be nice to be able to stream from my ipad to the large screen so I can watch something other than Disney owned content.
Same televisions, were not updated in August when we were there. We had to hook up our travel roku.

Same televisions, were not updated in August when we were there. We had to hook up our travel roku.
Yeah, I just returned. I simple watched on my ipad and left the TV on the resort and park guide channels (muted) the entire 9 nights. I'm already in the most commercial place on the planet, why do I need to watch television ads?

I found the park to resort bus situation a bit frustrating. Disney is filling the additional need for buses with third party coach buses. The drivers like to sit and try to fill their buses before taking off, which in my case was about 10 minutes. They can't take any ecvs, so those folk all have to wait for a normal disney bus (usually the next one IF it can get into the parking spot as the coach bus is sitting there on both the park and resort ends.

My DH and I managed to score a 1 bedroom value for a week next September. pixiedust: I knew they are about 3 ft less in depth. We love our balcony sitting outside in the morning for breakfast. Are the balconies narrower too? Just wondering.

There is a brief report by @minie_meese to a visit to one of the value rooms that is overlooking the (as of this writing) under construction savanna with image.
If the poster will permit I'll copy the info to here, or she can, otherwise follow the link HERE.

There is a brief report by @minie_meese to a visit to one of the value rooms that is overlooking the (as of this writing) under construction savanna with image.
If the poster will permit I'll copy the info to here, or she can, otherwise follow the link HERE.

Oh boy. Is there any active savannah view from any of the value rooms right now? We check in next week.

Oh boy. Is there any active savannah view from any of the value rooms right now? We check in next week.
Unsure how big this area is, for sure it's not quiet and animals won't venture near any disturbance like this.

From what I'm reading, these Value rooms seem to be actively overlooking the construction right now. The club level dvc folk have been moved from that side, not sure why they left the value folk.

We're not seeing many reports on this here either, which means either most AKV owners do not haunt these forums or they just chalk up the "value" as meaning, hey, I have a room in a nice resort. (I'd be very upset if I had construction going on off my balcony as I've been living with construction across the street from my house for near 4 years now. Vacation means I'm supposed to be able to get away from all that.)

From what the Club level staff had told me, Disney did not plan on this construction taking so long.
For sure they want it done ASAP, here's hoping it can be closed up and the savanna restored soon.

Last edited:

There is a group of savannah view value studio that is further along the trail that might not be affected. When I stayed there late August I can already see the area being preped.

Yes, From what I'm reading, these Value rooms seem to be actively overlooking the construction right now. The club level dvc folk have been moved from that side, not sure why they left the value folk.

We're not seeing many reports on this here either, which means either most AKV owners do not haunt these forums or they just chalk up the "value" as meaning, hey, I have a room in a nice resort. (I'd be very upset if I had construction going on off my balcony as I've been living with construction across the street from my house for near 4 years now. Vacation means I'm supposed to be able to get away from all that.)

From what the Club level staff had told me, Disney did not plan on this construction taking so long.
For sure they want it done ASAP, here's hoping it can be closed up and the savanna restored soon.

FYI, there has been value studio stay moved to hotel savanna side. The 2nd part of my split stay was moved to hotel side in late August.

FYI, there has been value studio stay moved to hotel savanna side. The 2nd part of my split stay was moved to hotel side in late August.
That's good to know that they do care about all guests. Which makes me wonder how that above person slipped by being moved. Perhaps the resort is more full now, or maybe the owner insisted they wanted the value room due to its proximity to the front of the resort and transportation.

That's good to know that they do care about all guests. Which makes me wonder how that above person slipped by being moved. Perhaps the resort is more full now, or maybe the owner insisted they wanted the value room due to its proximity to the front of the resort and transportation.

Yes, very unfortunate...
Looking at the pic, it seem like that value room was just outside the construction cordon, maybe it was just an edge case.

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...date=2021-10-20&filters[connect]=&rooms=true#Looking at touringplan's room map, that room might be 5112 or 5114.

My DH and I managed to score a 1 bedroom value for a week next September. pixiedust: I knew they are about 3 ft less in depth. We love our balcony sitting outside in the morning for breakfast. Are the balconies narrower too? Just wondering.
Congrats... I got one of those for next September too... maybe we will be neighbours. When we have stayed in the value rooms, I can never tell the difference in space. The balcony feels exactly the same.

Congrats... I got one of those for next September too... maybe we will be neighbours. When we have stayed in the value rooms, I can never tell the difference in space. The balcony feels exactly the same.

Hi neighbour and congrats to you too! So excited to have snagged the room and save on points.

Question about trying to book a value room. I had the room Avbl this morning. Hit continue and then system kept saying try again for booking after XX date. Now the first day is gone. Is there a way to book one night in a reg room and split stay in a value. I kept trying to modify and was going in circles. Sorry new to AKL and know this is a needle in a haystack for booking. Thanks in advance.

Question about trying to book a value room. I had the room Avbl this morning. Hit continue and then system kept saying try again for booking after XX date. Now the first day is gone. Is there a way to book one night in a reg room and split stay in a value. I kept trying to modify and was going in circles. Sorry new to AKL and know this is a needle in a haystack for booking. Thanks in advance.
You can split stay between room types but you should also stalk the website. This time of year those needle in a haystack rooms are most likely being walked and you can pick up nights as others move on.

It sounds like a usual AKV value problem that is not actually due to a problem with the system. AKV value rooms, when shown as open for a beginning date at just before 8 a.m. at 11-months, typically fill for that date within nanoseconds after 8 a.m., The winners are simply those whose computers communicate faster with Disney computers than the many others trying to do the same, who instead have things happen like you did because any open rooms have already been filled for that start date.

There is no real way to solve the issue except to win the race. Sometimes you might find a room open a day or two later because someone who booked the room has modified their reservation to drop the beginning date you want, but doing so requires a lot of time constantly checking for an opening.

You cannot reserve any room at 11-months out unless it is actually open for the the given start date, i.e., you cannot reserve one room for some nights at 11-months out and then another for the remaining nights because that second reservation is independent of the first and cannot be done until 11-months out from its start date. Thus, you cannot, for example reserve a standard view room at exactly 11-months out for three nights, and on same day reserve the value room for the last four nights of your desired trip.

Last edited:
I was just going to say... check back every day for a couple of weeks. You might be pleasantly surprised. I have a value studio booked for February and September next year, both I picked up by people dropping the days a week later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter