***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

It sounds like a usual AKV value problem that is not actually due to a problem with the system. AKV value rooms, when shown as open for a beginning date at just before 8 a.m. at 11-months, typically fill for that date within nanoseconds after 8 a.m., The winners are simply those whose computers communicate faster with Disney computers than the many others trying to do the same, who instead have things happen like you did because any open rooms have already been filled for that start date.

There is no real way to solve the issue except to win the race. Sometimes you might find a room open a day or two later because someone who booked the room has modified their reservation to drop the beginning date you want, but doing so requires a lot of time constantly checking for an opening.

You cannot reserve any room at 11-months out unless it is actually open for the the given start date, i.e., you cannot reserve one room for some nights at 11-months out and then another for the remaining nights because that second reservation is independent of the first and cannot be done until 11-months out from its start date. Thus, you cannot, for example reserve a standard view room at exactly 11-months out for three nights, and on same day reserve the value room for the last four nights of your desired trip.

Ok yes I totally lost the race. Lol. Ok I will just keep trying and pinging the system. I just wasn’t sure if I was doing something wrong. Thank you everyone. All makes sense now.

Ok so I was trolling the system again and couldn’t believe it. September popped open. I tried again…… It actually worked. So I just waitlisted for the extra night. Kinda feel like a lotto ticket winner at this point. 🤣

Ok so I was trolling the system again and couldn’t believe it. September popped open. I tried again…… It actually worked. So I just waitlisted for the extra night. Kinda feel like a lotto ticket winner at this point. 🤣
So the nights prior to the 11 month opened up but not the 11 month date itself? If so that would likely be someone walking. If you wanted the dates prior to the current 11 month date then that is great, otherwise you have a bunch of work ahead of you yet hoping to grab dates as others walk reservations (assuming more dates get dropped of course).

I was so hoping Jiko would reopen before my trip Dec 5th-11th :( looking unlikely sadly.

I was so hoping Jiko would reopen before my trip Dec 5th-11th :( looking unlikely sadly.
I too was hoping it would be reopened for my Dec. trip & that they’d offer Wanyama safari again…w/ only 33 days until I arrive they are running out of time :(
But when I first reserved this visit even Boma was still closed & only the DVC villas were open at Jambo so there’s progress!

I too was hoping it would be reopened for my Dec. trip & that they’d offer Wanyama safari again…w/ only 33 days until I arrive they are running out of time :(
But when I first reserved this visit even Boma was still closed & only the DVC villas were open at Jambo so there’s progress!
33 days for us too, we'll be right behind you! We also were hoping they'd bring back the Wanyama Safari but alas.. I guess there's still hope! :earsboy:

Standard view: 7859
Savanna view: 7464, 7446, 7444, 7420, 7418, 7402, 7804, 7820, 7824, 7858, 7860, 7878, 7880, 7882, 7861

Got the room numbers from Touring Plans :)
I don’t know the room numbers, but I think I read somewhere that there’s 2 Grand Villas in Kidani which overlook Pembe Savanna and are classified as standard view.

I don’t know the room numbers, but I think I read somewhere that there’s 2 Grand Villas in Kidani which overlook Pembe Savanna and are classified as standard view.
Looking at the map 7859 and 7861 are the only GVs overlooking Pembe. Touring Plans has 7859 categorized as Savanna but the rooms are right next to each other, maybe TP is wrong! Looking at their 'view from room' pictures, I would be disappointed if I spent more points for a Savanna view and got either 😕

Looking at the map 7859 and 7861 are the only GVs overlooking Pembe. Touring Plans has 7859 categorized as Savanna but the rooms are right next to each other, maybe TP is wrong! Looking at their 'view from room' pictures, I would be disappointed if I spent more points for a Savanna view and got either 😕
I would be disappointed as well if I spent savanna view points on a grand villa & ended up w/ a view of Pembe, not that Pembe isn’t nice I’m sure & I do like Okapi, just not as much as I like Giraffe.
Indeed I hesitate to book a savanna view regular size villa at Kidani due to Pembe view fear :(. We’re planning a big family WDW trip for 2024 & I’ll be reserving a grand villa @ AKV for the first time & wrestle w/ Jambo v. Kidani, I think I’m leaning Jambo @ the moment.

Those are the two standard view GV’s, and both are directly over Pembe. They are not quite right next to each other. 7859 is at the end of the sixth building unit from the lobby on the north wing (same wing where the pool is) and 7861 is at the beginning of the seventh building unit with the Pumbaa elevator between the two building units. All the other Kidani GVs are savanna view that overlook the Sunset savanna.

All rooms in those two building units that are on the Pembe savanna side are standard view rooms that actually have direct savanna view of Pembe. They were originally savanna view rooms. In 2012, they were changed to standard view. The issue resulting in the change is that the outer perimeter fence of the Pembe savanna comes fairly close to those building units and thus you see a smaller savanna area, but reality is they still have good views and you see numerous animals, but Pembe does not have giraffes and zebras.

To get one of those rooms, other than the two GVs (both of which I have gotten in the past), requires a non-guaranteed request with standard view. The request that should be made is for a room near the Pumbaa elevator. Just be aware that your punishment for getting one of those rooms is that you will be very far from the lobby, store, restaurant and bus station.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Kidani gets its tree and decorations at the same time as Jambo? I’ve seen lots of pictures on SM of the Jambo lobby, but none of Kidani. I know everything is smaller in the Kidani lobby, but I am planning a trip for next year at this time and would love to see it decorated! TIA!

Does anyone know if Kidani gets its tree and decorations at the same time as Jambo? I’ve seen lots of pictures on SM of the Jambo lobby, but none of Kidani. I know everything is smaller in the Kidani lobby, but I am planning a trip for next year at this time and would love to see it decorated! TIA!
I don't know when Jambo got its decorations, but Kidani got some today (or possibly yesterday?). I noticed them when I got back to the hotel this evening. The tree is up in the Kidani lobby. Lots of decorations have appeared too. I noticed some in the room just off the lobby that has the tapestries with all the names on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter