The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

Just did the Movie Madness Virtual 5k! Spicing up my training. Time not bad at 41:18, got lots of work to do but considering I'm just over pneumonia and still struggling with a sinus infection I will happily take this time! DH got his done too- training has officially begun!

schoonersky said:
Just did the Movie Madness Virtual 5k! Spicing up my training. Time not bad at 41:18, got lots of work to do but considering I'm just over pneumonia and still struggling with a sinus infection I will happily take this time! DH got his done too- training has officially begun!

Congrats! But get healthy, plenty of time until November.

I am in for Wine and Dine 2013 after a disastrous Full for the Goofy. No more HOT Florida full marathons for me. I learned my lesson.

I am in for Wine and Dine 2013 after a disastrous Full for the Goofy. No more HOT Florida full marathons for me. I learned my lesson.

lol...HOT Florida. Those were the hottest days seem in years. Back here in Jacksonville, they were saying it was hottest string of days in 100 years (for January).

Please dont think that is normal. Come back...do it again.

I am! ;)

Yeah right. Two of the coldest days of my life (that I can remember), January 1969 standing muster aboard SHANGRI-LA in Mayport, FL and 2010 standing muster awaiting the start of the WDW Full Marathon. Your weather is too unpredictable for us northerners. I will do Wine and Dine from now on.

I am hoping to do this again this year! Had such a great time last year, even after my knee gave out I just kept on trucking and ended up skipping over the finish line :rotfl: I tried to run, knee yelled NO. The impact was too much, but working on strengthening these bad boys up will hopefully take care of that.

If don't do this one, I will be doing the TOT 10 miler - I LOVE the night races!

Planning on doing this in 2013! Just tried to book by DVC room and BCV already full! YIKES!!

A few questions- we will be flying in. Will I be ok flying in on Friday to pick up packet info etc?

WOW 10 pm...that will be crazy different from my normal schedule of early morning runs. Any advice on this? I hope I just get caught up in the excitement.

So glad I found this thread!

I'm in! This will be my first Half!

Do we think that the host resorts will remain the same as they were last year? I want to book my DVC room.

vbarry said:
Planning on doing this in 2013! Just tried to book by DVC room and BCV already full! YIKES!!

A few questions- we will be flying in. Will I be ok flying in on Friday to pick up packet info etc?

WOW 10 pm...that will be crazy different from my normal schedule of early morning runs. Any advice on this? I hope I just get caught up in the excitement.

You should be fine arriving Friday, but try to get in early. If I recall the expo/packet pickup closes at 7 pm on Friday ( or was it 5). Either way, you don't really want to bolt in at the last moment.

As for nighttime run, never bothered me. Do a couple runs at night a few weeks before. Don't stress that part, will be fine.

I think I am in for this. Working up the courage. It will be my first 1/2. I've only ever done a 5K (the Castaway Cay 5K last June). Nervous...but excited at the same time!

If anyone can answer...I thought we could do packet pick up Saturday as well? I hope?! I need to fly in late Friday due to work.

Thanks - let the 'fun' of training begin!!!

Edited- Never mind, I read back & see that Saturday race packet pick up is discussed! :)

Tinker326 said:
I think I am in for this. Working up the courage. It will be my first 1/2. I've only ever done a 5K (the Castaway Cay 5K last June). Nervous...but excited at the same time!

If anyone can answer...I thought we could do packet pick up Saturday as well? I hope?! I need to fly in late Friday due to work.

Thanks - let the 'fun' of training begin!!!

Edited- Never mind, I read back & see that Saturday race packet pick up is discussed! :)

You can pick up on Saturday. I did last year as I didn't get on property until about 8pm. If you do that, I would recommend getting there early on Saturday as gets crowded fast.

Don't stress it. You can do it. Just need to put the miles in.

I'm trying to convince DH that we need to do this in 2013 and not wait until 2014 with limited success. We ran ToT in September and so I am wondering how does this race measure up? Despite the oppressive heat, we had a blast doing ToT even though I heard it wasn't as good as other Disney races which is why I am dying to do this one. The night races work for us because my folks can tag along to watch the kids.

My only concern is that after running ToT I felt too sick to do anything but walk back to YC so I am wondering if November will prove to be less humid so that maybe I'll be able to hit a few rides/character meets in the Epcot after the race rather than passing out on the sidewalk? :)

I am in. DVC member and just booked room for the weekend.
Funny how this weekend runs Thursday thru Tuesday :)

This will be my Coast to Coast race, I just did Tinkerbell, it was a lot of fun and the weather was awesome. Wishing I was back there now in the 75 degree weather as opposed to the 10 degrees, real feel 5 degrees, that I am sitting in now. Not looking forward to my run tomorrow where the forecast high is 20 degrees. So it will be around 12 degrees when I get to run.

Can't wait until registation opens. Did the WDW Half in 2011 and looking forward to a night run.

This my first ever post to DIS- so please forgive me if I am doing something wrong.

I am a brand new runner, just started training for my first 5k in hopes of doing the Wine and Dine half marathon in November. I am so excited and terrified at the same time!

when is registration for this? I am not getting shut out of this one....

Last year opened in the middle of March. You can sign up to have Disney email when registration opens.

You will have plenty of time to register, it does not sell out for a few months.

This my first ever post to DIS- so please forgive me if I am doing something wrong.

I am a brand new runner, just started training for my first 5k in hopes of doing the Wine and Dine half marathon in November. I am so excited and terrified at the same time!

Welcome!

W&D is a great race! Just put the miles in and you should be fine!

Welcome everyone! I will get the participant list updated on the first post soon!!! Going to have quite a few first timers like me!!

We (my cousin and I) I just made this a reality by booking Beach Club last night!!! :cool1:

Now, is there a good training schedule that takes you from a 5K up to a half- can anyone recommend one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter