The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

Disney52303 said:
I am prepared for an exhausting weekend. We are DVC and staying club level at AKL... And planning the sunrise safari on the morning of the 10th. Eek! We don't have a choice on dates :(

Holy smokes you are going to be wiped out come noon on the 10th!!

Hey fellow Disney runners!! I am hoping to do the 2013 Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon. I've looked on many Disney sites and couldnt find the date. I saw on hear it is 11/9. Where did you find that date? I am sooo hoping you are correct becasue I will be in Disney that weekend!

The back of our RunDisney snack boxes that we received this weekend says Nov 8-9 for Wine and Dine. :) hth

rebapple said:
Does that mean that you can pickup from the expo on Saturday afternoon?

I'm not sure- I have a friend who was there this year so I will ask her if she remembers.

Holy smokes you are going to be wiped out come noon on the 10th!!

I know it! Who knows when/if we will stay CL again and DH REALLY wants to do this (and since I want to do the race, it's all or nothing lol). The Sunrise Safari is Sunday/Thursday only. And Thursday we leave for a cruise on the Dream! So Sunday it is. Our plan immediately after teh safari is go back to the room to sleep before we head to a park that afternoon!

Hey fellow Disney runners!! I am hoping to do the 2013 Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon. I've looked on many Disney sites and couldnt find the date. I saw on hear it is 11/9. Where did you find that date? I am sooo hoping you are correct becasue I will be in Disney that weekend!

There was a save the date on the back of the 2012 brochure, that's where I saw it when someone scanned it in.

Hoping to do this one for sure this year!! Hopefully airfare goes down before it though... $450 is a little too rich for my blood.

I don't know how I missed this thread for so long!

I will be joining everyone for the 2013 Wine and Dine with my wife, brother and his girlfriend for certain. So you can add Wood8176+3 to the list. I made our reservation back in December for a Treehouse Villa with fingers crossed that the date wouldn't change.

This is our second RunDisney event. Brother and I ran Goofy back in 2011, Wife did Marathon '11. This will be the first half for my brother's girlfriend.

Go W.I.S.H.er's! Go Rebels!

Count me in! It'll be over my birthday weekend too should this should be a lot of fun! i'm so excited! it'll be my 2nd half this year!

My wife and I will be running our 4th wine and dine half. This is our favorite half marathon. Can't beat finishing a race with the option of so many drink and food choices!

My husband and I will be doing this 1/2! My first 1/2 ever was the W&D 2010, and it taught me a lot about races! :)

So excited to be doing this race, it fits right in to our training for Marathon Weekend 2014! :)

We'll be running this one as well!

For those asking about the expo and such, I found a pdf of last years program:
as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/wine-dine/2012/WnD12Program.pdf

It shows expo hours, course map, etc...Granted, Disney could always change it. ;)

Does anybody have links to any TRs from this past years run? I have signatures turned off, so I never see those.

rebapple said:
Does that mean that you can pickup from the expo on Saturday afternoon?

Yep! That's what DH and I did last year. Flew in Friday night, slept in, had breakfast, hit the expo, drove the course, picked up my pre-race subway sandwich and then went back to rest. Expo was a lot of fun. But you end up having to walk through nearly all of the WWOS to get all your stuff - bibs in one place, expo booths and race shirts in the other, spectator gift cards in another location.

So happy I found you all on here!!! Hubby wants to run this year. He is also running in the half at DL in Aug. He would like to do the coast to coast challenge. :thumbsup2 Looking forward to both.

Does anyone know if registration for this is full? When I go to the site, it says registration is now open, then says it's full, but it's unclear if this for last year's race or 2013. If this is for last year, any idea when it opens for this year?

Thanks!

bungchiwow said:
It hasn't opened for this year yet. :)

Thanks! I figured as much, but I'm new to this (and running, actually). Not sure if this will be my year...maybe 2014 :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

momto3gr8boys said:
Thanks! I figured as much, but I'm new to this (and running, actually). Not sure if this will be my year...maybe 2014 :)

If you are running now, plenty of time to build to a half. ;)

lerxst said:
If you are running now, plenty of time to build to a half. ;)

Hmmm...maybe. I'm half way through the C25k program and am enjoying it. I guess I'll see how it goes over the next few months. Thanks for the encouragement!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter