The new POFQ dining area looks horrible

I have seen posts saying that more décor is coming, and they didn't want to hold up the re-opening by waiting for it to come in. Personally, I think a great compromise between all the old décor and what they have now, would be large scale items that are more two dimensional that could hang on the walls. It would bring color and interest to the space but would leave the dining space free of overhanging "dust catchers".

I liked the old décor, but I'm reserving judgment on the new décor until we hear that it is completely finished.

The bussing station - that's a whole other can of worms. For those of you who are taking food back to your room (which I do sometimes as well) are you leaving the dishes for housekeeping to remove or are you taking them back to the restaurant later? When the dishes were disposable, it wasn't as much of an issue for housekeeping as it could be now with actual dinnerware.

The bussing station - that's a whole other can of worms. For those of you who are taking food back to your room (which I do sometimes as well) are you leaving the dishes for housekeeping to remove or are you taking them back to the restaurant later? When the dishes were disposable, it wasn't as much of an issue for housekeeping as it could be now with actual dinnerware.
They have to go containers

Good to know! Since I usually have a good supply of beverages in the room, I may just go the to-go route instead of dining in.

Good to know! Since I usually have a good supply of beverages in the room, I may just go the to-go route instead of dining in.
Just tell them when you order and they'll put it in one for you. There are bags to carry it in, and plastic silver ware too. We ate in the room several times ourself.

Only thing wrong with the chairs? They don't move! Try to slide them back to stand up. They won't budge. You have to stand and pick the dang things up. Other than that, I found them comfy enough. Not that we hang out there long. Eat and go.

We enjoyed our meals there quite a lot. Food was good. Isn't that all that matters? Does it matter that the decor is blander than some liked? That doesn't change the food. I mean, Disney isn't going to win any awards with their QS anywhere on property but it was better than I've had in many places.

Now, the carts in the center are annoying but all in all didn't cause great grief. Where I found great complaint was in the food clearing/trash stations. They way they are set up you have room for 1 person to clear all the stuff on their plates, and it can take quite a while when you have food that goes in one place, dishes in another, recyclables in another and trash in another. None of the openings are big so really no way for 2 folks to work at once. And when they are being serviced by custodial staff? It takes them ages to move all the bins, empty them and then replace them. Disney is full of lines and the last place I want to wait in line is busing my dishes. I got very frustrated each time. We finally just started taking our food back to our room the last couple of times we ate there.

Glad the food was good, will have to try it on our next trip. But equally important is sitting in comfort during a meal. If I'm not comfortable I'm not going to enjoy the meal much. Those metal seats just look so uncomfortable to me. Much prefer the wooden chairs & tables at POR.

I can see the problem with those bins and people will just start leaving their trash at the table. Some families never clear their own table, now it will be worse.

I can't wait to check out the renovations! We are planning on walking over from POR to get some beignets. It looks nice albeit subdued in photos. I was never a fan of the masks, despite the fact that I am absolutely in love with NOLA.

I have seen posts saying that more décor is coming, and they didn't want to hold up the re-opening by waiting for it to come in. Personally, I think a great compromise between all the old décor and what they have now, would be large scale items that are more two dimensional that could hang on the walls. It would bring color and interest to the space but would leave the dining space free of overhanging "dust catchers".

I liked the old décor, but I'm reserving judgment on the new décor until we hear that it is completely finished. ...

Maybe fake vomit, naked or topless women lying around?? A velvet swing or two?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter