The new POFQ dining area looks horrible

The menu looks a little different than most places. I think now when you stay at either of the two resorts, you have great food choices between the two. You pretty much got all of the make your own options covered between the two. I can't wait for next POR visit

My family would never stay there because of the masks. They scared them.

Now in January we are headed down for a quick stay and I booked FQ. First question, are the masks still there. Of course, I told them they are gone and they are ready to go!

I thought this initially too, but having seen more pictures, there are definitely nods to New Orleans throughout it, and it seems so much more pleasant than the value resort food courts. I didn't see the old design in person, as my first visit there was last weekend, but the more detailed pictures are making it look better than the first looks did. I love the looks of the new menu, and between that menu and the menu at POR, I have a feeling we'll be at these 2 resorts for our next several visits. We did make a visit to POR last weekend, and LOVED the design of that food court.

My one complaint is the addition of the Freestyle machines. Granted, there were fewer of them in the temporary food court, but the lines backed up FAST at them last weekend.

It looks like a regular old boring cafeteria with a few pieces of mardi gras theming. I'm disappointed.

Like the menu items but the place looks cold and sterile. Maybe it's the metal chairs? Not very inviting.

Here now - chairs are okay, nothing special.
Yeah, the decor is pretty blah and the layout in the area to pick up your food is too tight. They didn't do a good job there. The eating area and drink stations are laid out better. There is a lot of space and it's easy to get to the coffee and trash cans.

I like the food! Everything has been good except the potatoes need to be cooked longer.

I have to be honest here. I don't really mind it as some of those heads were pretty creepy anyway. Even worse the Boardwalk Pool Clown IMO. I would never sit under one and I also thought they were an attraction for dirt and dust. Yuck!

It's awful and I can strike that off my list. Brown, and more brown. ZERO decor, nada. It's the French Quarter. Nothing bland about that.

It was so fun to check them all out, and see ones I'd seen in NOLA. I can't imagine a more bland theme-less option than what they did. The resort is fine but not anywhere I'd return without a huge discount and now to lose some charm, no reason to go by. Nice new menu but nothing I'd travel for. The reason to stay on property is something different than every other chain hotel ...

All that decor was made by Mardi Gras World in NOLA and the same items are on real legit Mardi Gras floats. So not only resembled but was duplicates of actual ones. I even have photos of many of them on floats.

I actually like the color brown but maybe not for this theme. I never cared for the old food court theme so it doesn't bother me too much.

OK, the shorts I agree with. But you shouldn't be going into a restaurant - counter service or not - in a bathing suit.
Not even with a coverup on? I've done that. And men can usually get by with swim trunks and a tshirt.

Not even with a coverup on? I've done that. And men can usually get by with swim trunks and a tshirt.

Unless the coverup could be a dress then no. And most definitely not when you've been in the water. No one wants you dripping all over and/or leaving damp spots on the seating.

I go by the hygiene rules cruise ships thankfully have. NO swimsuits in the dining areas.

Does look kind of like a cafeteria, but that won't keep me from staying there. It's still my favorite resort.

Does look kind of like a cafeteria, but that won't keep me from staying there. It's still my favorite resort.
Ditto just sorry they didn't remodel enough to expand the checkout area. When we heard about the redo we thought that was the one area to blow up. Of course if they did based on Disney's timetable ( i.e. the splash pool at POFQ ) it would have then taken 6 months or more to do the rehab.

The chairs dont look very comfy, I preferred the way it looked before but will keep open mind until the decoration has finished
Only thing wrong with the chairs? They don't move! Try to slide them back to stand up. They won't budge. You have to stand and pick the dang things up. Other than that, I found them comfy enough. Not that we hang out there long. Eat and go.

We enjoyed our meals there quite a lot. Food was good. Isn't that all that matters? Does it matter that the decor is blander than some liked? That doesn't change the food. I mean, Disney isn't going to win any awards with their QS anywhere on property but it was better than I've had in many places.

Now, the carts in the center are annoying but all in all didn't cause great grief. Where I found great complaint was in the food clearing/trash stations. They way they are set up you have room for 1 person to clear all the stuff on their plates, and it can take quite a while when you have food that goes in one place, dishes in another, recyclables in another and trash in another. None of the openings are big so really no way for 2 folks to work at once. And when they are being serviced by custodial staff? It takes them ages to move all the bins, empty them and then replace them. Disney is full of lines and the last place I want to wait in line is busing my dishes. I got very frustrated each time. We finally just started taking our food back to our room the last couple of times we ate there.

Last edited:
It's awful and I can strike that off my list. Brown, and more brown. ZERO decor, nada. It's the French Quarter. Nothing bland about that.

It was so fun to check them all out, and see ones I'd seen in NOLA. I can't imagine a more bland theme-less option than what they did. The resort is fine but not anywhere I'd return without a huge discount and now to lose some charm, no reason to go by. Nice new menu but nothing I'd travel for. The reason to stay on property is something different than every other chain hotel ...

All that decor was made by Mardi Gras World in NOLA and the same items are on real legit Mardi Gras floats. So not only resembled but was duplicates of actual ones. I even have photos of many of them on floats.
I totally agree. We live only a few hours from NOLA and have been to parades there and also in Mobile AL and yes the heads are exactly like those I have seen in the parades, very authentic. I am keeping hope that they will add more NOLA themeing, because right now there is nothing authentic about the "blah" look now. Yes, the food is what matters most but our family really likes a place that has "atmosphere" to it, so that matters a lot too.

I totally agree. We live only a few hours from NOLA and have been to parades there and also in Mobile AL and yes the heads are exactly like those I have seen in the parades, very authentic. I am keeping hope that they will add more NOLA themeing, because right now there is nothing authentic about the "blah" look now. Yes, the food is what matters most but our family really likes a place that has "atmosphere" to it, so that matters a lot too.

Did our first two Mardi Gras in Mobile, stayed right on route. Thought we had practiced enough for NOLA. We had been there for bowl games and NYE but never Mardi Gras. WOAH .... that is a whole new level of Mardi Gras. LOVED it, everyone should do once. Love Mardi Gras World, really a good insight. If anyone goes to NOLA for sure include their tour!!! They told us they build all those for POFQ and the Chick-Fi-lA Cows you see on billboards.

I can eat anywhere .......... so when at Disney, if I'm making an effort, I want to eat somewhere different than what I can find anywhere else. So it is off my list no matter the menu .... I'd rather spend that cash more fun or DS with better food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter